Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 342991 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #975 on: June 26, 2018, 12:52:59 pm »

"Well.. I thought the night would last longer.  That's odd."

Lets make the travel decisions, then, what we're taking and which way we're going, ahead or behind.  Write down what happened somewhere on the carts or on paper attached to the carts, as we need to spread the word around.  I very much do not want to go after the missing people.. we'll likely just get ambushed again and wiped out.  Try to help everyone to get moving quickly, we might get attacked again.

While we're en-route do talk with the survivors about the situation and find out who the missing people are, and helping the survivors deal with any emotional issues caused by surviving.  Include a voluntary hug or two.. we'll need the mana to defend ourselves if we're attacked again.  Fill in the others as to what words Saeko has, and what she can do, but do state that buffing one's person is risky, as a badly failed spell could end your life instead of helping you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 01:06:54 pm by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: June 26, 2018, 02:51:37 pm »

Will I be allowed to accompany Ecalir into the waiting room or whatever before his match as his 'manager'? In case we need to do some subtle magic to increase his odds or something.

Now that we know who he'll be fighting, go look for that guy in the local bars and such, to get an idea of how good he seems.

Could we buy a sealer suit on the markets here? If yes, how much?

Also one of my friends said I should name our donkey Yvonne, so I will. Does she like the name?

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: June 26, 2018, 11:28:44 pm »

"Ow."
Welp. Now I know the boy is or at least temporarilly was, under the control of a magical force. I think I'm gonna need backup on this one.
((Yes, I saw the part about every bone in my hand breaking, but I'm not sure that was a real thing. If it was, well, I'm going to be busy on self-treatment instead of other actions for a little bit.))
"For what it's worth, I think this means we have a little more time than I thought. Whatever is influencing your son won't be able to use him for much if it kills him after all. Anyway, I'm going to need to go get some backup before I continue, but do you have any idea where the influence could have come from?"
Randolf comes to mind to serve as backup, but are there any experts on possession that I know that could help as well? Also, ANY input Adam might have on what's going on here is probably going to be invaluable. I mean, he's a subject matter expert if anyone is.

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 09:10:30 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: The Death of Magic
« Reply #978 on: June 27, 2018, 01:21:37 pm »

Uh, yeah, any way I can stop the bleeding without preventing breathing? Kinda in a hurry here. It doesn't have to be perfect, as I assume there's competent medics where we're going.

I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: June 27, 2018, 01:25:34 pm »

What stat would using this scissor use? Speed or strength?

Anywho, size up my competition, if I can see him anywhere. Also go and check out the gear if I'm allowed to. How does the scissor look quality/usability wise, and do I get any kind of armour or other pieces of gear along with it?

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: June 28, 2018, 09:05:54 pm »

Oops, wrong thread.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #981 on: June 30, 2018, 11:46:25 am »

"...Oh."

Well, I tried my best but there's nothing I can do about this situation. Tell the guy to try to hire a detective for this instead of a common mercenary and leave. Maybe wander around the town trying to find something interesting or another job opportunity. Try to gather rumors too, mainly about the mage breakers.

Spoiler: Randolf Osborn (click to show/hide)
Your entire plan hinged around making a man dress in women's clothing and without that, you decide to just leave those women to their  fate as opposed to doing anything on your own?  Alright I guess.

If you're wandering around town you'd more than likely see Nina get punted through a window or at least be able to come across the aftermath. Her dealings are honestly your best bet for more local adventure.

"Ow."
Welp. Now I know the boy is or at least temporarilly was, under the control of a magical force. I think I'm gonna need backup on this one.
((Yes, I saw the part about every bone in my hand breaking, but I'm not sure that was a real thing. If it was, well, I'm going to be busy on self-treatment instead of other actions for a little bit.))
"For what it's worth, I think this means we have a little more time than I thought. Whatever is influencing your son won't be able to use him for much if it kills him after all. Anyway, I'm going to need to go get some backup before I continue, but do you have any idea where the influence could have come from?"
Randolf comes to mind to serve as backup, but are there any experts on possession that I know that could help as well? Also, ANY input Adam might have on what's going on here is probably going to be invaluable. I mean, he's a subject matter expert if anyone is.

You look at your arm.  The good news is that whatever you saw back there wasn't real, the bad news is that it wasn't wholly false either. Your arm, up to the elbow, is badly burnt. First degree around the elbow, second on the arm, third degree on the hand. Your fingertips are black and the entire thing is already bleeding and starting to blister.  The pain is starting to catch up with you now too. Thats going to be horrendous here in a few minutes so...better use the time you've got.

You get up, carefully using only your good arm, and walk back into the house. The bed is empty and the parents are gone. No sign of violence beyond the window you broke on the way out. But the bed is smoking slightly. You look at Adam and he swirls and twists into a spinal column in the shape of a Lemniscate.  "Blood extinguishes the flame that burns the flesh! His candle burns bright."

Uh, yeah, any way I can stop the bleeding without preventing breathing? Kinda in a hurry here. It doesn't have to be perfect, as I assume there's competent medics where we're going.

I don't think you understand, so I won't run this action and waste time.  She is not breathing already. You already smothered her into not breathing. CPR is the medical act you're looking for here. Otherwise you're bringing her corpse in. Which is fine, you have plenty of evidence otherwise and the Mage Breakers don't care about some evil wizard getting pulped. But thats the nature of whats going on here. She's effectively dead unless you resuscitate her.

"Well.. I thought the night would last longer.  That's odd."

Lets make the travel decisions, then, what we're taking and which way we're going, ahead or behind.  Write down what happened somewhere on the carts or on paper attached to the carts, as we need to spread the word around.  I very much do not want to go after the missing people.. we'll likely just get ambushed again and wiped out.  Try to help everyone to get moving quickly, we might get attacked again.

While we're en-route do talk with the survivors about the situation and find out who the missing people are, and helping the survivors deal with any emotional issues caused by surviving.  Include a voluntary hug or two.. we'll need the mana to defend ourselves if we're attacked again.  Fill in the others as to what words Saeko has, and what she can do, but do state that buffing one's person is risky, as a badly failed spell could end your life instead of helping you.

The wagon's are loaded with goods so they don't want to leave any behind. The head of the caravan managed to survive, even though he attests to losing many laborer and his guards. The survivors are mostly just tag-alongs like you and 2 workers. The caravan leader whips things back into shape quickly and gets the wagons moving, though they're now understaffed and moving slower than before.  You talk the the survivors who aren't working and find that they are fairly tough about all this. Only one of them doesn't work a profession where dying is a fairly normal occurrence. And that survivor that isn't unimpressed is too busy scribbling out notes about their experiences and images of the creatures. She is, from what you can force out of her as she flips to a new page to continue, some kind of academic from the capital. You ask her for a hug and she accepts, granting you 4 mana in the process. She doesn't stop writing the entire time.

At this point I'm ready to have you reach town, unless you have more business with these people.

What stat would using this scissor use? Speed or strength?

Anywho, size up my competition, if I can see him anywhere. Also go and check out the gear if I'm allowed to. How does the scissor look quality/usability wise, and do I get any kind of armour or other pieces of gear along with it?

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)
Strength. Not that it matters, you have d10 in both.

You head into the arena and ask around about your opponent. You find out that he's a fairly small, stringy guy who has entered these competitions before. He has never made it higher than the semi-finals in gladiator selection but has fought in other matches on the challenger level.  Prefers light weapons, usually uses a thrusting sword. You talk to them about his given gear and they tell you he'll probably abandon the shield to move quicker.

They let you look at and mess with the gear a bit.  D6 weapon, nothing special, with some d6 head armor and a d4-1 padded coat sort of thing.

Will I be allowed to accompany Ecalir into the waiting room or whatever before his match as his 'manager'? In case we need to do some subtle magic to increase his odds or something.

Now that we know who he'll be fighting, go look for that guy in the local bars and such, to get an idea of how good he seems.

Could we buy a sealer suit on the markets here? If yes, how much?

Also one of my friends said I should name our donkey Yvonne, so I will. Does she like the name?

You'll be allowed to see him before and after every set of matches but you can't be backstage with him. 
You look around but cannot find that guy. You do find out similar things to what Eclair found out in his investigations and also that the guy apparently works on a boat that won't be back in till tomorrow.
You can, though its expensive. 150 Gold.
She likes the oats you give her so she seems pretty happy with the name. Seems pretty happy with just about everything going on around her. Or at worst apathetic.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: June 30, 2018, 12:11:25 pm »

"Uh... Do you need help with that? I checked that place you told me about, but it was an investigation job and they didn't like my plan. Currently unemployed."

Ask if she needs help for anything. Otherwise, try to gather more information and rumors regarding the mage breakers and how to join them. Find information first on places like Inns or taverns.
Follow Nina.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 04:25:15 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 30, 2018, 02:07:12 pm »

"Yeah, I need help kinda bad."
Start self-treatment immediately. Skimp a bit on the mind-affecting stuff, including painkillers, but don't neglect them entirely. I'll be explaining things to Randolf while I self-treat and get my arm properly looked after.
"While I was over at the lake, some requests for help had backed up back here, so I was heading to them starting with this place. A kid with a fever that was getting progressively worse but with no discernible cause and it was getting bad enough that he'd probably die in just a few days. When I arrived here and was doing basic diagnostics, Adam, a friendly spirit that I've known for as long as I can remember, I just don't usually talk about him because it makes people think I'm crazy, gave me a vague as usual whispered warning of 'Bloodlust, Consumed'. I'm still not sure exactly what it meant, but I've got a few ideas now. Anyway when I checked no the kid he had that major fever but his body wasn't responding with any other symptoms. It was like his body didn't detect any kind of illness or injury or anything, he just had this absurd fever going on. So I checked for magic since there didn't seem to be a mundane cause and I found some faint traces, though I couldn't tell any details about it. So, guessing that it was the cause of the problem and after getting the kid's parents permission, I started to extend my senses into the kid in preparation to draining the magic, taking my time and being careful so that I wouldn't make his body any weaker than it already was. And then I found the painfully-hot core of what seemed to be affecting him, and it reacted to me touching it. When my magic touched the core, the kid's eyes opened up, but with them having gone entirely black except for a tiny red pinprick in the center of them, and he told me 'BEGONE'. I then felt every bone in my hand break, and the skin on my arm fly off, which I think was a hallucination, and was thrown out the window, though I didn't notice how that was done. But after going back inside, nobody's there anymore, the kid and his parents all just vanished, though the kid's bed is smoking a little. Oh, and Adam just now said 'Blood extinguishes the flame that burns the flesh! His candle burns bright.' But with my arm this badly burned, I'm going to be out of it for a while, and there's no way this is over. Not with how the kid's parents disappeared. I need you to help me get to at least the other sick kid I was asked to help, and to be my hands, if you're willing."

after spending some time catching Randolf up on the situation, my intention is to try to go with him to the next sick kid and make sure he is okay before I allow myself to rest from my injury. Hence why I'm going to be skimping on the mind-affecting drugs, I need my wits about me for a little longer. Anyway, unless my self-treatment goes poorly, we'll be headed together to the other sick kid to make sure he isn't in an urgent situation.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 06:00:08 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: June 30, 2018, 02:30:11 pm »

"So... The kid is possesed by a demon? Do you want me to go find him or..?"

Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: June 30, 2018, 02:31:55 pm »

"We don't know that. We know that what's in him is burning him up, but that doesn't necessarilly make it a demon. It didn't say anything about hating people, and it didn't actually try to hurt me - it had the power to do a lot more than it did - it just wanted me to go away."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: June 30, 2018, 03:18:10 pm »

"Remember that I'm more brawns than brains, Nina. But since it wants to be alone, maybe we should give it time and leave it alone. I'm not a doctor, but I can try to help with what I know."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: June 30, 2018, 03:25:01 pm »

"It's also killing the kid. I'm not okay with that."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: June 30, 2018, 04:14:24 pm »

Go reach Lunare.  En route, try to find out what the researcher is studying, either through conversation or peering over her shoulder as she writes.  No need to push it, though.

After I get to Lunare, what is the city like?  Pay for a week at an inn at first for space to sleep.  Some things I want to look for:

A place where I can put up some money to help deal with those bugmen.  25 gold should be enough to get the ball rolling, and some others might throw in more.  Also, somewhere to tell people about what happened and what was encountered.

Second, see if there is any group I'd need to join or negotiate with in order to practice magical healing here.  Additionaly, see if there are common injuries or dangerous industries here that could use my services.. perhaps it might be better to work privately if there are any large organizations that would pay for an attendant.

After that, see if there is a familiar breeder there, and what the prices are, in particular for one shaped like a bird that can fly.

That'll do enough to get started.  I can look for people who need equipment strengthened or expanded later, as well as recreational or mana-gaining opportunities.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: June 30, 2018, 07:47:31 pm »

5 more mana to Ecalir.

Go check on the inn we are staying. Any offers yet from the butcher guy or for some necromancy extreme healing?

If not, go look around the markets a bit. Looking for any magical artifacts (weapons have low priority, we have enough weapons for the both of us) or things like scrolls of ancient lore or treasure maps or something. 

You can, though its expensive. 150 Gold.
Hmm, would it be cheaper elsewhere? If yes, where?

She likes the oats you give her so she seems pretty happy with the name. Seems pretty happy with just about everything going on around her. Or at worst apathetic.
Yvonne is a good donkey.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 06:02:44 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 203