Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 343021 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: The Death of Magic
« Reply #990 on: June 30, 2018, 08:25:31 pm »

...Dead is good enough. If she's only mostly dead, I can still take her mana, right?
Really go to the Magebreaker's HQ though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: June 30, 2018, 10:00:09 pm »

"It's also killing the kid. I'm not okay with that."
"Oh, then maybe we should really find him before it's too late. Do you have any clues about where could it have gone?"

Spoiler: Randolf Osborn (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #992 on: July 01, 2018, 02:56:55 am »

"No. And I have another sick kid I need to check on."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 01, 2018, 08:32:42 am »

"Wait, you have two possessed kids? Should I go find the first one that got lost or help you with this second one?"

Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 01, 2018, 11:44:37 am »

I'd like to spend 40 mana to get +2 in strength.

After that's done, go to the arena and fast forward to the start of the first match. My body is ready.

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 01, 2018, 04:07:02 pm »

"I don't know what's wrong with the second one yet, and they aren't mine-mine anyway. But I'd like your help checking on the second sick kid, because of my arm."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 01, 2018, 04:24:31 pm »

"Okay. Lead the way."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 02, 2018, 06:00:06 am »

I lead the way to the other sick kid, with randolf's help.
((action edited))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #998 on: July 03, 2018, 02:36:09 pm »

"Uh... Do you need help with that? I checked that place you told me about, but it was an investigation job and they didn't like my plan. Currently unemployed."

Ask if she needs help for anything. Otherwise, try to gather more information and rumors regarding the mage breakers and how to join them. Find information first on places like Inns or taverns.
Follow Nina.

"Yeah, I need help kinda bad."
Start self-treatment immediately. Skimp a bit on the mind-affecting stuff, including painkillers, but don't neglect them entirely. I'll be explaining things to Randolf while I self-treat and get my arm properly looked after.
"While I was over at the lake, some requests for help had backed up back here, so I was heading to them starting with this place. A kid with a fever that was getting progressively worse but with no discernible cause and it was getting bad enough that he'd probably die in just a few days. When I arrived here and was doing basic diagnostics, Adam, a friendly spirit that I've known for as long as I can remember, I just don't usually talk about him because it makes people think I'm crazy, gave me a vague as usual whispered warning of 'Bloodlust, Consumed'. I'm still not sure exactly what it meant, but I've got a few ideas now. Anyway when I checked no the kid he had that major fever but his body wasn't responding with any other symptoms. It was like his body didn't detect any kind of illness or injury or anything, he just had this absurd fever going on. So I checked for magic since there didn't seem to be a mundane cause and I found some faint traces, though I couldn't tell any details about it. So, guessing that it was the cause of the problem and after getting the kid's parents permission, I started to extend my senses into the kid in preparation to draining the magic, taking my time and being careful so that I wouldn't make his body any weaker than it already was. And then I found the painfully-hot core of what seemed to be affecting him, and it reacted to me touching it. When my magic touched the core, the kid's eyes opened up, but with them having gone entirely black except for a tiny red pinprick in the center of them, and he told me 'BEGONE'. I then felt every bone in my hand break, and the skin on my arm fly off, which I think was a hallucination, and was thrown out the window, though I didn't notice how that was done. But after going back inside, nobody's there anymore, the kid and his parents all just vanished, though the kid's bed is smoking a little. Oh, and Adam just now said 'Blood extinguishes the flame that burns the flesh! His candle burns bright.' But with my arm this badly burned, I'm going to be out of it for a while, and there's no way this is over. Not with how the kid's parents disappeared. I need you to help me get to at least the other sick kid I was asked to help, and to be my hands, if you're willing."

after spending some time catching Randolf up on the situation, my intention is to try to go with him to the next sick kid and make sure he is okay before I allow myself to rest from my injury. Hence why I'm going to be skimping on the mind-affecting drugs, I need my wits about me for a little longer. Anyway, unless my self-treatment goes poorly, we'll be headed together to the other sick kid to make sure he isn't in an urgent situation.

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
[1v2] Hm. Lets try that again but with Randolf. [4v2] Good.

You sit down on the ground and dig your medical supplies out of your bag with your good hand. You start applying them as best you can when Randolf walks up. Together you manage to get your arm bandaged up and put in a sling; its a good thing Randolf was here or you probably couldn't have done it with one hand.  You fill him in on the situation while you work.  Once you're done  you both head out towards the next sick child, leaving the empty house and vanished people to deal with later. Or at least thats your intention. You reach the next house and find the front door slightly ajar, and you can hear rather...unsettling noises within. You're fairly certain you hear the sound of a bone breaking.

"The candle burns bright" Adam says, a cluster of teeth forming into a smile before liquidizing into a branching tree of nervous tissue.

Go reach Lunare.  En route, try to find out what the researcher is studying, either through conversation or peering over her shoulder as she writes.  No need to push it, though.

After I get to Lunare, what is the city like?  Pay for a week at an inn at first for space to sleep.  Some things I want to look for:

A place where I can put up some money to help deal with those bugmen.  25 gold should be enough to get the ball rolling, and some others might throw in more.  Also, somewhere to tell people about what happened and what was encountered.

Second, see if there is any group I'd need to join or negotiate with in order to practice magical healing here.  Additionaly, see if there are common injuries or dangerous industries here that could use my services.. perhaps it might be better to work privately if there are any large organizations that would pay for an attendant.

After that, see if there is a familiar breeder there, and what the prices are, in particular for one shaped like a bird that can fly.

That'll do enough to get started.  I can look for people who need equipment strengthened or expanded later, as well as recreational or mana-gaining opportunities.

She seems to be documenting just about everything she comes across. She says she's a "Thaumaturgist" from the university researching natural manifestations of magic.  She's heading to Lunare because there's supposed to be something odd about the lake.

The city of Lunare  is built partially on Lake Candentis, with a long pier covered in stocky wooden buildings. The area around it is open grasslands with mangrove trees bordering the lake edges. The city  seems mostly to be a fishing village of sorts, you see plenty of nets and small boats around the pier, but also some other kind of industry; boats coming in with barrels of sediment instead of nets of fish. Off the pier the city resembles a lot of these places, a winding maze of wooden structures that clearly popped up haphazardly and over a great deal of time. You find a little island of inns, alehouses, and a trade depot of sorts all sitting in the middle of a bunch of homes. You get yourself a room for 3 gold for the week.

You want to put a bounty out on them?

There's no official organization like that. Magical healing isn't exactly big enough to have a guild nor small enough to be feared out of being unknown. Its a lot like the "Alternative" medicine of today; mostly insular and scattered communities with little oversight.

There are Familiar breeders around here; apparently usually used by fishermen. You find a few birds or bird like things that might work for you. A raven, An owl, and some sort of hybrid thing that resembles a cicada, squid, wolf thing.

...Dead is good enough. If she's only mostly dead, I can still take her mana, right?
Really go to the Magebreaker's HQ though.

"....I'm ok with this."

You grab the body and throw it over your shoulder before stepping outside.
[5v6]
A crossbow bolt hisses straight past your head, cutting a shallow gash along your cheekbone and taking out a small piece of your right ear.  The men you saw trailing you to this place, the shadows on the roof tops and alleys, start melting out of the shadows.

"Shit. I just wanted to paint."

5 more mana to Ecalir.

Go check on the inn we are staying. Any offers yet from the butcher guy or for some necromancy extreme healing?

If not, go look around the markets a bit. Looking for any magical artifacts (weapons have low priority, we have enough weapons for the both of us) or things like scrolls of ancient lore or treasure maps or something. 

You can, though its expensive. 150 Gold.
Hmm, would it be cheaper elsewhere? If yes, where?

She likes the oats you give her so she seems pretty happy with the name. Seems pretty happy with just about everything going on around her. Or at worst apathetic.
Yvonne is a good donkey.

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
Ok.
Nothing yet. Probably won't be during these tryouts, unless someone gets killed accidentally.
Cheapest in the capital. Thats where they're made.
She is.

I'd like to spend 40 mana to get +2 in strength.

After that's done, go to the arena and fast forward to the start of the first match. My body is ready.

Alright.

And ok. Lets just skip intros and getting ready and such and go go go.

You're in the arena; dirt floor, circular rise of seating, not so great crowd, etc. You're wearing your chosen gear, bladed gauntlet, padded coat, metal helmet, across from you is a stringy man in a cloth wrap with a wooden greatshield and spear.  He's planted the shield and seems to be intent on waiting for you to come to him.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 03, 2018, 02:44:20 pm »

"SAME THING! MOVE!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: July 03, 2018, 03:15:42 pm »

Alright.

And ok. Lets just skip intros and getting ready and such and go go go.

You're in the arena; dirt floor, circular rise of seating, not so great crowd, etc. You're wearing your chosen gear, bladed gauntlet, padded coat, metal helmet, across from you is a stringy man in a cloth wrap with a wooden greatshield and spear.  He's planted the shield and seems to be intent on waiting for you to come to him.

Ah, sorry. Looks we had a bit of a miscommunication here. Mea Culpa. I meant skip ahead to the time the fight was supposed to start, since it was probably still several hours/days off from where we were at. I absolutely want to do showboasty intros. Can't very not showboast a bit with a stage name like mine.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 03, 2018, 03:42:06 pm »

"Don't worry about me! I'm quite resilient. If the kid is in there, I'll make sure to not use lethal force."

Prepare my trusty club, shield and sealer armor, and carefully move towards the bone-crunching noise. Don't enter the house, check the windows first. Then try knocking on the door.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: July 03, 2018, 04:07:03 pm »

If not, go look around the markets a bit. Looking for any magical artifacts (weapons have low priority, we have enough weapons for the both of us) or things like scrolls of ancient lore or treasure maps or something. 

Do this thing.

Secondly, could I make a simple sort of bomb assembly that works by using a small hammer to smash a glass bottle? Inside this glass bottle could then be quite some thaum, which will make contact with some burning imp fat after the bottle gets smashed. This would presumably then produce a large explosion. Alternatively, we could place the ocean bottle in the assembly.

There would be a sort of dial at the top that acts as a timer. Turn the dial to the wanted time, then start the countdown by pulling a pin. Hammer strikes the bottle after the timer runs out.

Would this work as described? If yes, how much to have people construct one and shipped over (like how we did it with the flammenwerfer)?

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: July 03, 2018, 05:06:55 pm »

Ask the breeder how much the familiars cost.  Inform him about the grow and strengthen spells, and see if some uses of that will give me a break in the price.  Also, does he do custom work?  Grow can mean aging, which should decrease the time necessary to raise a new animal.

After that, start looking around for work.  Fishing is usually a pretty dangerous profession, and I'd expect there are many who have been injured in one way or another.  See if I can come up with some business.

And yes, I'd like to put up a bounty, but as I might leave this location, I'll need someone to bank it with.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: July 03, 2018, 06:46:28 pm »

"Come on, do you assholes really want to shoot at me? Is that how you're gonna play this?"

Drop the body for now. Channel 10 mana into upgrading my Will. Grab the closest mall ninja and EAT HIM.

I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 203