Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 342164 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1155 on: September 18, 2018, 07:21:06 pm »

Angrily gesture back at the old dude and point at the place the evil creature fell moments ago. There's a monster in the water, get away from the shore you fool!

Spoiler: Randolf Osborn (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: September 18, 2018, 08:01:52 pm »

Is that guy gesturing at Randolf or at me too?
step a bit away from Randolf, point at myself and tilt my head in a "do you mean me?" gesture, see if i'm indicated by the old man or if it's just the guy holding the sword that did the thing that the ?mage that conjured the monster? was gesturing at.

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: September 19, 2018, 12:04:47 am »

"Musicians aren't needed! Now listen here you inanimate piece of parchment, the words "musicians aren't needed" aren't included in my musician's dictionary! Why, that's just absurd! Not needing any musicians. I outta give those folks a well needed tongue lashing. Why, I'll tell them to... tell them... um...."

Velis is going spend his afternoon thinking of witty retorts and insults to sling at the occupants of the mansion. AKA, wait until the guests start to arrive.

Spoiler: Velis Yeslerp (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 11:49:09 am by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: September 19, 2018, 06:33:38 am »

Start making my way towards the Alehouse
Spoiler: char sheet (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1159 on: September 20, 2018, 12:23:43 pm »

Throw a mushroom in front of it and observe. Should the boar eat the mushroom, throw a few more in front of it and then jump onto the boar and embed my axe into its skull.
Spoiler: Robert Grant (click to show/hide)
You throw a mushroom down at the boar. It watches the thing fall, not moving, and then looks back up at you with a contemptuous twitch of its ears and a snort.

"A waste." It says, its voice a rumbling growl with a hint of porcine squeal behind it.

Congratulate the woman on how well the operation went, and give her a (non-mana-draining) hug to welcome her back to consciousness.  Get food together for a meal, and show her her new foot, and ask for ten gold, as the operation was complicated, but if she can't afford it or doesn't have it available, reduce it to five.  If she can't manage five, discuss what I'd like to do for the rest of the day, and if she can help me with those attempts.

For the rest of the day, I'd like to try and earn some money directly with magic.  Two things I want to test is if I can use 'Expand' on a pile of fish to create more fish, and if I can use it on some valuable object, like salt or something else.  So head down to the fish market and negotiate to get paid for creating fish and salt in this manner, either with a merchant or a factory owner, or a fish boat captain.  Agree to pay for any damages, should the spells fail.

(If the salt is normally used by brine, strengthen might be better to turn weak brine into strong brine, so use Knowledge to decide if that would be a better approach.)

If I make a deal, use a d8 and a d4 spell to create more materials, so I can judge how much extra is created by this method.

If I see any patients of mine, let them know I'll be open tomorrow and seeing more patients then.

Spoiler: Saeko Hirahara (click to show/hide)
You get the 10 gold out of her, though it takes her most of the length of your meal together to pull herself together enough to really be called truly coherent. The sleep rendered her confused and drowsy for a good 45 minutes after she awoke but it seems to recede with time. You do some more tests on her foot now that she's awake and check that none of the nerves are damaged. Everything seems to be ok.

[7v4]
You find a fisherman who is coming in with a rather small haul and offer to enlarge it via magic, promising to take responsibility for any failures or damage.
[4v1][3v1]

You separate the fish into two equal piles and cast the first spell on the right pile, the second on the left. In both cases the pile expands as more fish seem to materialize out of thin air, though the one on the right roughly doubles while the one on the left goes up by only 30% or so.

Cool. How much for a set good for 5 uses that can handle most poisons/antidotes?
10 gold.
Ok for you if we say Darwin bought some of this before he left for Ecalir? If yes, buy 3 sets for 30 gold.

Spoiler: From discord (click to show/hide)

Hide the headless corpse and the unconscious guy inside Darwin's dressing 'room', be sure to disarm/loot them. Then dissect the headless man in search of magics.

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
Ok with me.

You take the curved blade from the headless man and drag the bodies into the damaged stall. [3v5] You carve the torso of the corpse open and dig around in his guts for a few minutes before tossing a loop of intestine back into the cavity with a grunt. Nothing.

Tie up the unconcious guy's legs and arms. Then try and get him to wake up, slap his face or something. If he does wake up, ask him the following:"Little man, this is not your best day, yes? Who sent you to do this, and what was the big idea? Would your mama be proud of you, ambushing almost naked men in changing rooms?"
Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)
You bind the unconscious man up and then slap him a few times. He doesn't stir. You check his pulse at Darwin's suggestion and find it to be slow and relatively weak. Not the heart of a man dying, but he's definitely been drugged. They probably intended to knock you out with a sudden blow of that little blade and then take you when you were helpless. Cowardly, but effective.

"Idiots."

Flip them off. If they try to rush me smash the door in their faces hard enough to knock them out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[4v4]
You slam the door on the group as they turn to pursue you. You don't do it with enough force to knock them out but you do send them reeling back long enough for you to lock the door and trap them in the room. You turn from the door and check the hall; long stone corridor, similar doors down its length, lit only by torches and then only erratically. The hall to the left goes on into the dark and you have no idea where, but the one to the right ends in a staircase.

Okay, It looks like the Kaolin area then. As for information:
- Basic information (size, major industries, points of interest, cultural differences, main imports/exports etc) for Kaolin and the nearby towns/local area (Galena, Calamine, Barilla, Isinglass, Clyssus).
- Travellers' accounts of the surrounding region - experiences, hazards, wildlife etc. Note down any unusual equipment that it seems like they found helpful.
- Bestiaries of the region - look up any species of which little is known, as well as recorded wildlife to save me dragging them all the way back to Alkahest. (Speaking of which, borrow such a book to bring with me on my travels if possible. It'd save me buying one.).

(Spend as long as necessary doing so, coming back for the next day or two for further study if needed).

Spoiler: Frick Varmer (click to show/hide)
You find a book on Kaolin and search through it.

1.Kaolin is a temple city, almost entirely surviving on donations combined with selling services and knowledge rather than physical products. They grow food on steppe farms and import a lot of it in the form of tithes from nearby towns and believers.  Calamine, Isinglass, and Barilla are all what amount to fishing and mining towns, living along the river, pulling their food from it and in imports from places they sell their harvested materials. Galena and Clyssus are both pure mining towns. Clyssus in particular is basically just a giant quarry and the source of a lot of the stone used in the construction  of buildings in the kingdom.

2. For the most part the biggest hazard is the cold. Kaolin is at the peak of a mountain and the road going to it is minor compared to those crisscrossing the kingdom's  more level middle section. There are reports of direwolves and archbears in the wild forests that spring up around River Ink, all manner of potentially dangerous cave dwelling beasts in the canyons cut between the mountains, and a rare form of undead called an "Awakened Walker" in the old places up on the mountain.

3. Archbears have never been captured alive, Awakened walkers never brought in alive or dead....well since they're undead its a hard distinction to make but...lets say Ambulatory or Still. Otherwise most things seem to have been at least brought in dead, most alive at least once.

Is that guy gesturing at Randolf or at me too?
step a bit away from Randolf, point at myself and tilt my head in a "do you mean me?" gesture, see if i'm indicated by the old man or if it's just the guy holding the sword that did the thing that the ?mage that conjured the monster? was gesturing at.

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
Angrily gesture back at the old dude and point at the place the evil creature fell moments ago. There's a monster in the water, get away from the shore you fool!

Spoiler: Randolf Osborn (click to show/hide)
When Randolf gestures at the water the man nods emphatically and continues gesturing for you to come to him. He ignores Nina, as far as she can tell, but does look at her when she points at herself. You can hear him shouting something...[5v6][1v5] Nina can almost make out..."-ossess...exor...."

"Musicians aren't needed! Now listen here you inanimate piece of parchment, the words "musicians aren't needed" aren't included in my musician's dictionary! Why, that's just absurd! Not needing any musicians. I outta give those folks a well needed tongue lashing. Why, I'll tell them to... tell them... um...."

Velis is going spend his afternoon thinking of witty retorts and insults to sling at the occupants of the mansion. AKA, wait until the guests start to arrive.

Spoiler: Velis Yeslerp (click to show/hide)
You spend a few hours writing down oneliners, insults, and retorts until the sun sets and men and women start showing up. They're all...well they're well dressed but they have certain look to them. A sharp eyed dangerous look that you probably wouldn't see in normal nobles.

Start making my way towards the Alehouse
You make your way over to the alehouse, carefully crossing rickety planks and crumbling dock until you hop over a hole and into the alehouse.  The inside of the place is dark, lit only by sunlight leaking in through cracks, holes and spaces in the walls. The half of the building to your right, away from the door, has sunken into the sea and the entire building slopes down at a hard angle. A pool of absolutely pitch black water sits on that sunken side of the building and the compass points right to it.

All the furniture an items have slid either down to the pool or near it, forming a haphazard barricade at the edge of the pool.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: September 20, 2018, 12:55:03 pm »

Did any of the two have any other items or personal effects on them?

What dice rating does the curved blade have? What about that icepick?

Try to use my set of ingredients to mix an antidote against the poison on that was on that icepick. Can't really interrogate him like this.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1161 on: September 20, 2018, 12:58:50 pm »

"Hmm, so you can talk, I didn't expect to find a talking boar. You've been attacking people who came here to harvest herbs and mushrooms. Why did you attack them and what's so special about these mushrooms?"

Question the boar, also inspect whether it has any wounds, both fresh and old.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: September 20, 2018, 03:42:51 pm »

Catamaran it is then. A nice little sail boat that I can possibly row when the wind is gone.
Strip nekked and dive on into the Flux. Swim down to where the ghost probably is. I'm only taking the ghost charm as guidance.
If I find the ghosts, open communications, probably by waving and vague pantomime. Or psychic projection. Ghosts are mostly mind echos, right?

Spoiler: Felix Testimony (click to show/hide)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: September 20, 2018, 04:00:10 pm »

Final question: How large are these 'archbears'?
Well that's the first stage of the planning done; now time for the fun bit. Wander round the markets/trading districts of Alkahest and get price estimates for the following: (though I doubt I can actually afford everything):
Spoiler: shopping list (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 04:26:06 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1164 on: September 20, 2018, 04:13:40 pm »

Catamaran it is then. A nice little sail boat that I can possibly row when the wind is gone.
Strip nekked and dive on into the Flux. Swim down to where the ghost probably is. I'm only taking the ghost charm as guidance.
If I find the ghosts, open communications, probably by waving and vague pantomime. Or psychic projection. Ghosts are mostly mind echos, right?

You strip naked, much to your spirit's childlike disgust, and try to line yourself up as close to centered on the hidden spirit as possible. Then you dive in.
[3v1]
Swimming through the flux isn't quiet like swimming through water; its thicker, more resistant, and sticky. Every jerking movement forward rips at your hair and randomly pulls on your skin. You have to really scrunch your face up and screw up your  eyes to stop them from being yanked open. Other parts of your anatomy don't take the random yanking very happily either.

You swim down for...oh quite a while before your paddling hand strikes painfully against something. You think for a moment that it must be the bottom but then touch it again and find that it is smooth stone with what feel like irregular designs clearly cut into it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: September 20, 2018, 04:27:55 pm »

Grope around, feeling the shape and size of the stone thing, all while attempting to contact the local Haint via erotic wiggling I guess. Basically tryingto get a clue as to what I found here, and if it is inhabited or not.
I wonder if my little ghost girl can tell which way is up or not?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: September 20, 2018, 04:30:58 pm »

Any pay for the fish produced?

Is there a good nightlife at this town?  I'd like to attend a rave.  Try to have a good time, but see if I can get any mana from cooling down overstimulated or drugged people.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 12:12:56 pm by Devastator »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: September 21, 2018, 08:58:04 am »

Stand around and watch Darwin try make an antidote for the prisoner. If he manages to wake the guy up, ask him again what the big idea was and who send him like in my previous action.

Keep an eye on the time, make sure to go to my next match if the time it starts draws near so I'm not late.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: September 21, 2018, 02:05:57 pm »

Do I know what this is?
If I can’t figure it out, I’ll toss a piece of furniture into it.

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1169 on: September 24, 2018, 05:21:39 pm »

Did any of the two have any other items or personal effects on them?

What dice rating does the curved blade have? What about that icepick?

Try to use my set of ingredients to mix an antidote against the poison on that was on that icepick. Can't really interrogate him like this.

No, their pockets are conspicuously empty of personal effects and other items. Almost as though they consciously removed any identifying items from their persons before attacking.

Ice pick is d4. It wasn't particularly made to kill, just to introduce poison. The curved blade is a d6.

[2v5]
You have no idea what poison was used. You can't even begin to try and fix this until you get more info.

Stand around and watch Darwin try make an antidote for the prisoner. If he manages to wake the guy up, ask him again what the big idea was and who send him like in my previous action.

Keep an eye on the time, make sure to go to my next match if the time it starts draws near so I'm not late.

You have a bit till the next match and these actions are not eating up a lot of time. I'll let you know when the time comes.

"Hmm, so you can talk, I didn't expect to find a talking boar. You've been attacking people who came here to harvest herbs and mushrooms. Why did you attack them and what's so special about these mushrooms?"

Question the boar, also inspect whether it has any wounds, both fresh and old.
"Hmph" the bore said, flicking an ear, "if I had attacked them they would be dead. I simply ran off those taking too greedily.  There must be balance in all things, this I know."

The bore has marks of old battles, you see a scar near its snuffling nose and the broken hafts of several spears still embedded in its flesh. If it notices or minds this injuries, it doesn't show it.

Final question: How large are these 'archbears'?
Well that's the first stage of the planning done; now time for the fun bit. Wander round the markets/trading districts of Alkahest and get price estimates for the following: (though I doubt I can actually afford everything):
Spoiler: shopping list (click to show/hide)

According to the text "Twelve feet tall at the shoulder."

-thick winter clothing (maybe d4 armour, but if not just the warmth is fine). May even have to wear a fur hat under the pointy one. (2 gold normal, 10 armored)
- backpack. 1 gold
- rope (a lot!) and climbing gear. Rope is a gold for 100 feet, climbing gear is 5 gold.
- lantern. 1 gold
- bandages and doctor's bag. 45 gold
- glass vials. 5 gold for a box
- iron rations / other long-lasting travel food. Depends on amount.
- good walking stick (d4). 5 silver
- hunting rifle or crossbow, various qualities (d6 and d8). Between 10 and 50 gold.
- spyglass, binoculars or similar. 4 gold
- strong net. 2 gold
- any large, ready-made animal traps? If not, don't worry. Bear trap for for 3 gold each

Services:
- safe passage (caravan or boat) to Kaolin, or a town nearby. Safe passage is impossible to buy but you could probably buy fairly secure passage for varying amounts. There's no chartered service (for any reasonable price) but you can pay caravans and ships to let you ride along for various amounts, usually in the 5-10 gold range per leg.
- There's bound to be at least one down-on-their-luck hunter or trapper willing to join an expedition. How much would they charge? How down on their luck we talking? Like can't find work or like Drunk away their life savings or nihilistic death march?

Grope around, feeling the shape and size of the stone thing, all while attempting to contact the local Haint via erotic wiggling I guess. Basically tryingto get a clue as to what I found here, and if it is inhabited or not.
I wonder if my little ghost girl can tell which way is up or not?

You feel the object, tracing your way around it. After a few seconds you come to the conclusion that its a sarcophagus of some kind, sitting atop  some sort of stone outcropping. You're willing to bet that opening it will allow access to the ghost inside. You grumble internally about the stupidity of an incorporeal body being restrained by stone.

[4v3] You can stay down here a while longer.

Any pay for the fish produced?

Is there a good nightlife at this town?  I'd like to attend a rave.  Try to have a good time, but see if I can get any mana from cooling down overstimulated or drugged people.

20 gold is what the man gives you.

Interesting question. There is something going on at night around here, you've heard whispers of it, but you don't think its a drug addled dance party.

Do I know what this is?
If I can’t figure it out, I’ll toss a piece of furniture into it.

No idea, boss.

You reach down and toss a bit off wood into the pool.  It plops in without any sort of dramatic results...but you think you see something. The ripples...don't all seem to originate from the place the wood landed, as though something shifted slightly under the surface of the black water.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 203