Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 337969 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1905 on: September 20, 2019, 11:58:36 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ask for the spyglass and look inside the lake. Is the Siren still there?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: September 20, 2019, 12:31:13 pm »

Go back to the town.  Start conducting a replacement limb/hug cycle with Ape words, going through everyone who needs a replacement limb and consents to having it regrown magically.  As usual try to make them as human-like as possible.

If the mage seems to be dead, stick around a week to help transport people not from the town to their homes, bring in materials to help any necessary resettlement work, and plan out for both a memorial service and a celebration.  Spend up to 20 gold on materials.  Get permission for a large scale drain from the magebreakers.  Also, divvy up the combined bounty funds, there are about 40 mercenaries and 40 militia involved, including saeko, ekrov, eve, eclaire and Darwin.  I'd also like shares for my two guards, but it'll be their money, not mine.

Cooperate with Ekrov and the other mages during this time, if they want rides, have chores to do, etc.

If my estimates are accurate, casulties suffered were about 15-20 dead from the 80.  10 were evacuated from light wounds with the bugs, and at least one dead from that phase, and then about half the remainder (35) were killed or badly wounded by the deletion orbs or whatever those were.  Assuming a 50-50 split between badly wounded and dead, that would bring it up to 17ish casulties.  180 people were rescued, with maybe one or two more from the last moment speed spell, maybe no more.

(OOC, I want to give all the mages that accompanied me some mana, should Saeko be allowed to drain a large quantity from the townsfolk.  Might also provide extra stuff.)

(Also, Naturegirl, if you want to talk about recieving some treatment for that aluminum arm, let me know and we'll discuss it IC.)

« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 01:47:31 am by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: September 20, 2019, 04:00:50 pm »

Anyone in need of 'extreme healing'? Would magebreakers be OK with it?

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1908 on: September 22, 2019, 01:55:50 pm »

Look for the neck area of the ray, lie my rope across it, then start digging until I can see the ray. Proceed to hack at it until I can properly attach the rope to it.
Spoiler: Robert Grant (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: September 22, 2019, 05:26:59 pm »

Inspect the U shaped counter. Search for anything tucked away behind it or in a drawer or underneath. Then peek into the room with the overlapping jagged circles.

Spoiler: Felix Testimony (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: September 23, 2019, 03:25:43 pm »

Approach whoever looks like they're in charge. Explain how we got here, what we did, especially emphasize the saving a whole bunch of people and blowing up the tower parts. Then ask if there's a reward in it for our trouble.

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: September 23, 2019, 08:51:02 pm »

Collect 15 mana from Saeko (Dev agreed to pay that much), and hang around for the week.  Help out with transport and planning, try and be visible for any public functions as one of the primary backers of the mission, generally try to act as a noble patron should.  Preferably without being a foppish idiot.

As for *actual* activities, Ekrov's first priority once he has time alone will be to take out that head he stole, and draw a portrait of it, using artistic license to try and make the head look, well, alive.  Ekrov's intention is to later draw a full portrait of the owner fighting valiantly in battle (using allll his artistic license, since he lacks the body), then deliver that and the man's sword to his next-of-kin, along with his payment.

Once that's done, strip all the flesh from the skull, empty out its insides, and clean/wash/whatever the raw bone so that it doesn't start rotting and stinking everything up.  Then hide the skull among Ekrov's other possessions.  The head offal can be disposed of via Benedict.

Aside that's no longer a worry, interview rescued people about their time being controlled, and how they dealt with the mind control.  While I'd be curious to hear anything interesting about this, my only actual goal is to find someone who threw off the mind control temporarily, as I need blood from such a person.  Bandying that fact about would be unwise, so if anyone asks, Ekrov's just medically curious.

Finally... borrow those steel scraps in Saeko's inventory (Dev okayed this, again), and experiment with alechemizing them.  Not into thaum, I want to see if it's possible to purify steel down into raw iron, through use of that fancy alchemist gear.  A simple "Yes, it's possible" or "No, it's not" is fine.

Spoiler: O.o (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: September 23, 2019, 08:55:37 pm »

(Do note I don't have the 15 mana for that, yet.)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1913 on: September 24, 2019, 01:44:12 pm »

Putting away: long sword, armor, kite shield, catch pole. taking out padded cloak and backpack. requesting permission before taking out doctor bag since that was specifically asked and denied earlier, but I think it's worth re-asking here, and intend to pick up a walking stick. keeping bombs/manacles since those can be hidden in backpack great big swords, shields, or catch poles.

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
We'll allow all that. This is a somewhat unique circumstance and they wouldn't want to put people's lives in danger unnecessarily. A first aid kit and a stick are fine.

I'm gonna go message ER directly and tell him to stop fucking about. People are waiting on him.

Look for the neck area of the ray, lie my rope across it, then start digging until I can see the ray. Proceed to hack at it until I can properly attach the rope to it.
Spoiler: Robert Grant (click to show/hide)
Rays don't really have necks so to speak, but I guess their heads do protrude a bit so we'll assume you wanna tie it round there.

[6v3]
You slither out across the sands, mostly on your belly, until you reach the area you think is at the front of it. You begin carefully and slowly scooping sand so as not to alert the creature. Eventually you expose the rubbery flesh, albeit after quite a long time digging; the thing is buried a good two meters down or so.
[6v2]
Now that you think about it...lassoing this thing or putting a rope around its neck isn't exactly an action bound to succeed. Its more likely to fail, actually. BUT you do have a section of exposed flesh here, and you do have a rope. Maybe if you had something like a harpoon...something to anchor into the thing's flesh and then attach the rope to, that might be more viable.  Its gonna be a hell of a thing either way but...maybe a bit better.

Inspect the U shaped counter. Search for anything tucked away behind it or in a drawer or underneath. Then peek into the room with the overlapping jagged circles.

Spoiler: Felix Testimony (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)

The counter contains nothing of real interest, more things reduced to dust and rust mostly. A few small ceramic containers, all also containing nothing.

The room with the overlapping circles is very odd. It is shaped like a sphere, albeit one with a flat bottom. The room is completely empty except for two pillars, each about 3 feet high and 2 feet in diameter. They're in line with each other, maybe 5 or so feet apart, and you get the feeling they're chairs of sorts. Its a room for two people to sit and...stare at one another? Watch something?

Ask for the spyglass and look inside the lake. Is the Siren still there?
If its there, you cannot see it. All you see down there is waterlogged rubble.

Approach whoever looks like they're in charge. Explain how we got here, what we did, especially emphasize the saving a whole bunch of people and blowing up the tower parts. Then ask if there's a reward in it for our trouble.

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)
Anyone in need of 'extreme healing'? Would magebreakers be OK with it?

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
To be completely honest I'm not sure what "Extreme healing" is.  But as long as the other party consents and knows the risks, mage breakers don't really care. They're here to stop people from abusing magic to victimize others, not to be the Magical FDA telling you to stop grafting pizza limbs to willing participants.

I could roll for this interaction or force you to somehow prove what you're saying but whatever, I think people wanna get this wrapped up. The question here is what you would like as a reward. They can't straight up give you mana, but thanks to the mine and their mountain town connections they do have access to to a fair amount of precious stones and ore. There's also plain cash and there are some tablets in town with magic words on them. They also have general information about the world, connections to people in other towns and cities, various services they can provide, etc. If you just want a big wad of cash they can do that, but if you want maybe something else, might be able to do that instead.

Go back to the town.  Start conducting a replacement limb/hug cycle with Ape words, going through everyone who needs a replacement limb and consents to having it regrown magically.  As usual try to make them as human-like as possible.

If the mage seems to be dead, stick around a week to help transport people not from the town to their homes, bring in materials to help any necessary resettlement work, and plan out for both a memorial service and a celebration.  Spend up to 20 gold on materials.  Get permission for a large scale drain from the magebreakers.  Also, divvy up the combined bounty funds, there are about 40 mercenaries and 40 militia involved, including saeko, ekrov, eve, eclaire and Darwin.  I'd also like shares for my two guards, but it'll be their money, not mine.

Cooperate with Ekrov and the other mages during this time, if they want rides, have chores to do, etc.

If my estimates are accurate, casulties suffered were about 15-20 dead from the 80.  10 were evacuated from light wounds with the bugs, and at least one dead from that phase, and then about half the remainder (35) were killed or badly wounded by the deletion orbs or whatever those were.  Assuming a 50-50 split between badly wounded and dead, that would bring it up to 17ish casulties.  180 people were rescued, with maybe one or two more from the last moment speed spell, maybe no more.

(OOC, I want to give all the mages that accompanied me some mana, should Saeko be allowed to drain a large quantity from the townsfolk.  Might also provide extra stuff.)

(Also, Naturegirl, if you want to talk about recieving some treatment for that aluminum arm, let me know and we'll discuss it IC.)

So I don't think either of us feel like handling I dunno, 20-25 spells or however many you'd need to do to heal everyone. Especially since it would just be a loop of "Heal limb, drain mana, repeat"  So I'm gonna do some averaging.  26 spells, average of 4 difficulty, average roll of 5 (ish) average return of 5 (ish) mana.  So you Squeeze out a slight profit of 26 mana in healing everyone. 

We'll assume the week and its clean up events pass relatively uneventfully and that you get that mass drain permission. Use the number I quoted you earlier for the mana gained. Did I quote a reward for you in gold? If not I'll generate one and split it among the survivors, just lemme know. I'm handling it separate from RC and Pan.

Collect 15 mana from Saeko (Dev agreed to pay that much), and hang around for the week.  Help out with transport and planning, try and be visible for any public functions as one of the primary backers of the mission, generally try to act as a noble patron should.  Preferably without being a foppish idiot.

As for *actual* activities, Ekrov's first priority once he has time alone will be to take out that head he stole, and draw a portrait of it, using artistic license to try and make the head look, well, alive.  Ekrov's intention is to later draw a full portrait of the owner fighting valiantly in battle (using allll his artistic license, since he lacks the body), then deliver that and the man's sword to his next-of-kin, along with his payment.

Once that's done, strip all the flesh from the skull, empty out its insides, and clean/wash/whatever the raw bone so that it doesn't start rotting and stinking everything up.  Then hide the skull among Ekrov's other possessions.  The head offal can be disposed of via Benedict.

Aside that's no longer a worry, interview rescued people about their time being controlled, and how they dealt with the mind control.  While I'd be curious to hear anything interesting about this, my only actual goal is to find someone who threw off the mind control temporarily, as I need blood from such a person.  Bandying that fact about would be unwise, so if anyone asks, Ekrov's just medically curious.

Finally... borrow those steel scraps in Saeko's inventory (Dev okayed this, again), and experiment with alechemizing them.  Not into thaum, I want to see if it's possible to purify steel down into raw iron, through use of that fancy alchemist gear.  A simple "Yes, it's possible" or "No, it's not" is fine.

Spoiler: O.o (click to show/hide)

We'll assume Saeko gives you the mana (and dev removes it from his sheet).

[2v4]
You attempt to draw the head in a more...lively fashion. However after running through about a dozen sheets of paper you give up for the moment. You just cannot see it as anything but a severed head for the moment. Maybe...after you calm down a bit and pay off the next of kin and such.  You deliver both the man's payment and his weapon back to his family in town. The man was apparently the eldest son of the family. Its not an easy meeting but they don't break down on you like you somewhat expected them to. They seemed to know and understand the nature of the job.

You try again.
[6v5]
Its still not easy but you manage to draw the head as though the person were still alive.
[2v2]
Cleaning the head completely proves to be quite difficult actually. The outer flesh is easy enough but there's so many little bits and pits and holes to scrape out. It takes you literal hours and some rather harsh chemicals (-1 gold) to actually get it fully clean. You wrap the finished bones in cloth and hide them in your pack. You're not sure why you're hiding them now; they're impossible to trace back...well whatever.

After talking to people you find out two things: first this probably isn't the "Possession" you need. Possession is more...two spirits in one body, not a body or mind robbed of choice. However, most people report having no real memory of their time in the depths or at least nothing but vague, dream-like memories that don't really have any order or meaning.  Even those with stronger recollections are very fragmented, just flashbulb memories of places in the cave. The good news however, is that you do hear about some woman who apparently subjugated a vampire spirit by her own will who is currently in the capital. She'd be a good target for your blood drive.

Ok so...Alchemist with a capital A gear is limited to the magical process of making thaum and the mundane process of chemistry in most circumstances. If you want to do something that subverts a normal chemical reaction (ash back into paper for instance) you need liquid thaum.  So yes, you could, but you'd need thaum to do it.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: September 24, 2019, 08:00:53 pm »

((Naturegirl, if you want something done about that aluminum arm, now is the time.  Also, let me know if you want the 15 mana I'm offering to the participating mages.))

Stat boosts:  End to +2, (30 mana) Will to +2, (30 mana), Str/Spd/Sen to +1 each. (30 mana)  Do in front of a mirror, if possible.

Cast two Strengthen spells on Ekrov, to permanently increase his Strength and Endurance to d6.

If Ekrov is animating Eve's arm, cast a temporary spell to increase his End to d8 for attempts.  Give Ekrov mana equivalent to the mana cost of animating her lightsilver arm.

Also, with my newfound surplus of mana, I'd like to use a strengthen spell on my armour to make it bright and colourful again, without losing any protection.

I'm mostly ready to go, but I'd like to acquire a few more goods before heading to the capital.  Since I heard this town is rich in precious metals and gemstones, see if I can find a jeweller who would be interested in selling rings with magic spells on them to enhance the capabilities of the wearer.  With all the mercs in town, they should sell well.  Negotate a price, and sell up to six of them with one permanent d6 Strengthen (stat) spell each.  In exchange I'd like a few gemstones, and a few small ingots of gold and silver.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 04:05:21 am by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: September 24, 2019, 08:39:02 pm »

((Naturegirl, if you want something done about that aluminum arm, now is the time.  Also, let me know if you want the 15 mana I'm offering to the participating mages.))

(Yes)
“Ok, now that the fighting’s over, do you think you can reverse what I did to my arm? Most of what I have right now is ingredients for a Sculpture I’m working on. I have 50 gold, lots of string and a prybar”

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: September 24, 2019, 09:38:28 pm »

"Dunno.  What do you want done with it?  Could cut it off and grow you a new one.  Or maybe Ekrov there could animate it, and then you'd have a living arm out of that metal."

(Take your 15 mana.  Also the normal gold payout is 15 gold each.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: September 24, 2019, 09:49:12 pm »

“Yes, I’d like it animated please. Thank you so much. Which of you is Ekrov?”
(Do I give the gold to Eurovision or Dev’s character?)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 10:03:23 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: September 24, 2019, 09:50:38 pm »

(Gold's yours.  I'm offering to do the arm thing for free, assuming Ekrov wants to help out.  Likely to buff Ekrov first, though, due to his d4 end, to reduce the odds of critfailing.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: September 24, 2019, 09:58:36 pm »

(Ok. Thanks for clarifying. I edited my post to say Ekrov instead of Eurov. Autocorrect)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 10:02:53 pm by Naturegirl1999 »
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 203