Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 337923 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #2295 on: February 13, 2020, 08:08:29 pm »

"Alright, let's figure out who/what's taking people" Head south

Aww.  I was hoping to read some investigation or exploration of the temple city.. it's a place I've wanted to go to, but never have had the opportunity.  Probably be a couple years before getting there.

Plus wouldn't mind seeing the rumored demigod present there, too.
We happen to have a quest, the longer we wait, the more people will be taken

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: February 14, 2020, 12:44:54 am »

(Do note the last time I went on a missing person quest, the cause was a bug-mage larger than my gryphon, an army of bugmen, and a bug-siren thing that launched orbs of disintegration.)

Fly up and engage the last clockwork dragon from range.  Try to hit it from outside its attack range.  Use an expand spell to replenish the expended ammunition.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 12:54:33 am by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: February 14, 2020, 01:15:03 am »

(Do note the last time I went on a missing person quest, the cause was a bug-mage larger than my gryphon, an army of bugmen, and a bug-siren thing that launched orbs of disintegration.)

(Level-scaling is a bitch~)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: February 14, 2020, 06:57:19 am »

(I was there, too. The army consisted of the missing. If there is an army consisting of missing people, the longer we wait, the larger that army would be, and if. There isn’t an army, the longer we wait, the more likely it is that the missing are dead)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: February 14, 2020, 12:09:08 pm »

((Very well, then.))
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 12:22:07 pm by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: February 14, 2020, 02:38:00 pm »

Welp, turns out Pan would prefer to have some robot arms, rather than arms cut of a squirming bandit boss, so let's do that instead then! Return to Fearce and look into what we need to give Ecalir functioning robot arms, keeping in mind the words we have access to.

Oh, and consider why the magebreakers are suffering such a large bandit camp to live.

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: February 18, 2020, 01:32:30 am »

Recast that animated clockwork schematic scribble spell, the one that would functionally result in a blueprint.  This time, though, don't make it a live animation--Ekrov just wants to steal the design for the last clockwork dragon before it gets wrecked by the others.

Spoiler: O.o (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2302 on: February 20, 2020, 12:35:10 pm »

"Alright, let's figure out who/what's taking people" Head south
You remember that the guy said there were three days till the rest of his party showed up right? If you just wanna walk out there on your own, thats fine, just realize he isn't following.

Welp, turns out Pan would prefer to have some robot arms, rather than arms cut of a squirming bandit boss, so let's do that instead then! Return to Fearce and look into what we need to give Ecalir functioning robot arms, keeping in mind the words we have access to.

Oh, and consider why the magebreakers are suffering such a large bandit camp to live.

Robot arms are definitely do-able, especially in Fearce.  There are multiple options, the simplest if not cheapest method is to ask to have some robot prosthetics made.  There are two kinds of these: the non-surgical kind where we just slip them on over his widdle arms and  he controls them like elaborate grabby arms.  The Surgical kind would involve removing his existing stumpy arms and implanting the robot arms directly onto his body.  The surgical method has the obvious benefit of being a lot more stable and securely affixed, while the non-surgical one has the benefit of not having to cut off his arms.

As per why the bandits are not being wiped out, there are two reasons.
1. Bigger issues at the moment, sadly.
2. Bandits aren't wizards.

Relocate the gun, aiming to keep it hidden from the remaining flier as it approaches.

Spoiler: Zavi (click to show/hide)
Recast that animated clockwork schematic scribble spell, the one that would functionally result in a blueprint.  This time, though, don't make it a live animation--Ekrov just wants to steal the design for the last clockwork dragon before it gets wrecked by the others.

Fly up and engage the last clockwork dragon from range.  Try to hit it from outside its attack range.  Use an expand spell to replenish the expended ammunition.

[4+5v4] [-4 mana] Schematics stolen.
[5+2v2] [-10 mana]
[5+1v8]
[5+2, 9+1v6]

So Zavi's artillery shot hits again, which causes nice overall damage to many sections of the remaining dragon. However, Ekrov doesn't perform the crippling spell and Saeko misses, so a fair number of the segments of the dragon can separate out and begin moving independently like a horrible game of Centipede. They dip and dive and fly in all directions at high speed, slashing with bladed leg segments as they do.  Luckily the workers - and Ekrov- are already hiding in the ruins, leaving only Saeko and Zavi to desperately weave between blows.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: February 21, 2020, 10:54:50 am »

Have Benedict swooop down on one of these chunks, and take it to the ground.  Continue shooting back with the autocannon, trying to pick some off and destroy them.  Use a d4 Strengthen Ice spell to try to freeze another one.

When we hit the ground, if there's only a couple left, continue shooting with the autocannon to finish them off.  If there's a lot left, activate the force-field device with five mana to hold them off.  Hopefully they'll smash into the wall and break themselves.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: February 22, 2020, 11:16:53 am »

Explore Kaolin while checking my ghost charm. If a spirit is found, head towards it

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: February 24, 2020, 04:38:52 am »

Uh.  Recast the clockwork sabotage spell, using the schematics as a focus, but not altering them in any way--I do want to keep them.  Quote of the attack spell's description:

Ekrov will use "Animate Clockwork" as an offensive enchant on the leading clockwork dragon.  Specifically, use the force from "Animate" to jam, shift, or rip out small and integral gears in the brain, specifically focusing on finding ones that control the thing's flight; the goal is to make it lose control and just crash into the ground.

I know the dragon has separated into individual units now, so try to target multiple segments, even if it reduces the effect.  Merely debuffing is acceptable, if that's the best that Ekrov can do.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: February 24, 2020, 11:57:24 am »

Waiting for Pan to tell me which flavor of arms he would prefer. Seems like he would prefer surgical route, so go go gadget robo arms! Gimme the details, all the juicy bits!

In the meantime, that quest in Fearce from the rumors section still open? If yes, look into a bit, see what it's all about.

What bigger issues are there that they couldn't take a bit of time to deal with such an obvious and big target? And sure, they aren't bandits, but they are clearly flaunting the King's authority and laws, are they not?

« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 10:50:32 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: February 24, 2020, 10:10:37 pm »

Yeah, I'm gonna go to ground now and let S&E handle this. If that's not possible, try a d8 chain lightning explosion-aura spell to hit multiple vessels.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 11:20:51 pm by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2308 on: February 25, 2020, 02:05:48 pm »

Explore Kaolin while checking my ghost charm. If a spirit is found, head towards it
[4]
The charm leads you away from the city and down to a small ruined temple  on the side of the mountain. The temple is mostly collapsed and you don't see an obvious way in.

Waiting for Pan to tell me which flavor of arms he would prefer. Seems like he would prefer surgical route, so go go gadget robo arms! Gimme the details, all the juicy bits!

In the meantime, that quest in Fearce from the rumors section still open? If yes, look into a bit, see what it's all about.

What bigger issues are there that they couldn't take a bit of time to deal with such an obvious and big target? And sure, they aren't bandits, but they are clearly flaunting the King's authority and laws, are they not?

So the surgical route is a fairly simple if not exactly pleasant one. The existing organic arms are removed up to the shoulder and new mechanical ones are grafted on. These mechanical ones can be ones sold to you by the merchants or ones you provide yourself. A base plate is affixed to the chest and shoulder area, bolted into the bones around it, and contacts are connected up to the muscles that sense when they're being pulled, translating that movement info to the arms. The arms themselves are going to be powered by spring capsules, which should last quite a long time and are replaceable when they finally conk out. The resulting limbs should be attached probably more securely to the body than the organic ones and should, with some tweaking and calibration, move exactly as the user desires.

The cost for the whole thing would be 400 gold, assuming you're buying the arms. If you provide them the arms yourselves, then the cost is more in the 100 gold range for the base plate, surgery, sensor hook up, tuning, etc.  You could even bring in multiple arms and they could tune them all for you, so you can switch them out as you like.

Ah, that three year old rumor eh?  Well sure.  Effectively all they know is that in scavengers who go out to a particular section of the Artifacter's grave tend to go missing. They tell you the likely source is some sort of old tech still hanging around and being unfriendly.

A bigger and more obvious target. Albeit perhaps not obvious to you yet.  And I'll point out that the mage breakers exist to hunt down wizards and protect the citizens from magic. If they're in the area, they'll not be against wiping out some bandit camp, but that camp is pretty far out so they haven't run across it yet. There are also more standard soldiers and military units who should be dealing with it; though they're fairly thinly spread as well.

Yeah, I'm gonna go to ground now and let S&E handle this. If that's not possible, try a d8 chain lightning explosion-aura spell to hit multiple vessels.

[5+2 v10]
Zavi attempts to flee but cannot make it through the onslaught of rapidly flying blades.  So, trapped, she attempts to unleash a wide ranging, relatively low damage spell.
[3+2v1] [-1 mana]

Uh.  Recast the clockwork sabotage spell, using the schematics as a focus, but not altering them in any way--I do want to keep them.  Quote of the attack spell's description:

Ekrov will use "Animate Clockwork" as an offensive enchant on the leading clockwork dragon.  Specifically, use the force from "Animate" to jam, shift, or rip out small and integral gears in the brain, specifically focusing on finding ones that control the thing's flight; the goal is to make it lose control and just crash into the ground.

I know the dragon has separated into individual units now, so try to target multiple segments, even if it reduces the effect.  Merely debuffing is acceptable, if that's the best that Ekrov can do.

[2+1v1][-1 mana]

Have Benedict swooop down on one of these chunks, and take it to the ground.  Continue shooting back with the autocannon, trying to pick some off and destroy them.  Use a d4 Strengthen Ice spell to try to freeze another one.

When we hit the ground, if there's only a couple left, continue shooting with the autocannon to finish them off.  If there's a lot left, activate the force-field device with five mana to hold them off.  Hopefully they'll smash into the wall and break themselves.

[10+2 v 136]

Zavi's chain lightning is relatively low power and does little damage to the mechanical creatures, but does rupture some of their lift bladders as the electricity arcs through and melts holes in them.  Combined with Ekrov's wide spread debilitation and the powerful rounds of the gun, they manage to down and disable the rest of the individual fliers.

For now, for the moment, it seems they are safe.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: February 25, 2020, 03:06:26 pm »

use Stone and Erode as Words for a spell to remove parts of the collapsed temple until a tunnel is cleared, then go into the temple
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 203