Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 343208 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #2325 on: March 05, 2020, 05:11:45 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Try using Water, Erode and Channel to make a small river carve through gaps in the rocks
You have 3 mana remaining, not 9.

[4v2] -2 mana, 1 mana remaining

You summon up a little stream by condensing a bunch of water from the surrounding area. It does slowly erode the rocks...slowly being the key word. It will likely open a hole large enough for you to squeeze into within the next...week.

I've been eyeing up this game for a day or so. Seems pretty fun, hope no one minds a new fella coming to the table.

I'd just as easily leave where I start to GM discretion, but if I have to choose a location myself, I guess I'd say spawn in Regulus?
Welcome.

So Regulus is a big town, at the meeting point of two tributaries that form the River Hartshorn, which is the main river supplying the capital. Its also part of the ring road around the capital, so its pulling in all sorts of traders and passersby.  While its nowhere near as big as the capital or as modern -its roots as a fishing village are still visible- it is still a major city in the empire and one that has rapidly grown in size ever since the more arcane methods of travel and production failed.  Its a boom town that has not yet seen its bust and as such its a rough and rowdy place full of caravan guards, traders, would be adventurers and any number of ne'er-do-wells looking to make a coin or two off of a gullible man.

Now then, you need at least 1 word. Lets roll that.....You have the word [LIGHTNING]. Ah and you need items for your first sculpture.

Condensed phlogiston
1 lb of quicksilver
1 lb of Opium
Ice from a mountain top
The blood of a horse

Let's be looter scooters!

Buy whatever digging/scavenging tools the locals tend to use that we don't already own and supplies for 2 weeks. See about hiring a guide/experienced scavenger to help us, go for a reliable one (we pay him/her a wage and will keep the loot oursevlves).

Then, set off, in search for fame and glory! And arms! Mostly arms!

Oh, and sell the leather skins in town, hopefully at a profit.

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
Follow Darwin like a big menacing pet velociraptor. Caw.
Also follow him into operation rooty-tooty-lets-go-looty.

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)
Lets see...

Tools...Well you have some digging tools from your mining work, so I think that's fine for an individual party just looking to skim some good stuff up. If you wanted to go for bulk a wagon would be needed but this is fine.

Guide/scavenger...Wants 2 gold a day, plus 10 more at the end if you're successful. Time is money and good finds bring in a lot of gold which would normally be split between the scav'ers. If you wanna keep it, ya got to make it worth while.  As per supplies, you get two weeks worth of simple rations for 7 gold.

For those skins...[3+2v5] You manage to get 35 gold. Not a big demand up here, but you manage to talk them into it.

You leave the next morning, paying the 2 gold the guide wants for the time being, and have her take you round to what she thinks is a good patch.

The first day is uneventful, but the second results in the uncovering of a mechanical left hand. Its seemingly functional, though has been torn from the rest of the arm. The next day, as the evening draws close and you're heading back to your camp, Darwin suddenly drops straight down into a hitherto unseen hollow in the junk field.He falls about 12 feet into what seems like the rust damaged interior of a large fluid tank that is still mostly full of some kind of fluid. The only light in the tank is from the hole,  in in this light Darwin can see something moving in the fluid with him. Flickers of metal just break the surfaces as it advances towards him.

Seeing as we've opened up a whole lot of new sections since I last did, let's look for more words. Maybe a solution will present itself.

If I use Explosion to contain the force like a breaching charge, could I get through the King Door without nuking everything? Provided enough mana is supplied, of course. The idea would be to set up an enchanted frame or something which eats up a bunch of mana and then uses explosion to make a door while constraining the force from leaving the frame.

Spoiler: Zavi (click to show/hide)
[3+1v6]
No luck. Maybe more specific will help?

Its theoretically possible. The king's door, and really the whole chamber it leads to, is rather absurdly resistant.  You could theoretically just keep focusing massive amounts of power onto a specific spot and get through eventually. The difficulty is of course doing that while also not destroying anything around it or making mistakes.

Code: (Texting with Saeko) [Select]
Good to hear.

Clockworks all probably very old.  Soldiers here same core as modern crash's.  Same source.
Dragon internals similar design too.  Not messing with before return.  Will discuss then.

Keep look out for ancient clockworks?  Would <3 another intact thinking brain.

First, gut one of the clockwork robot arms, and reconstruct it so that the actuators and whatnot are on the exterior, leaving space for a human arm to fit inside.  Casting a few light "clockwork" spells is acceptable to get this to work.

Then, use "animate" to enchant the clockwork arm to move with the arm of somebody wearing it.  Before, you stated that the only problematic part of creating clockwork powerarmor would be constructing a mechanism that allows it to detect movement of the user, and to match that perfectly.  The enchantment should simply serve as that detection mechanism--it won't provide the actual motive force that moves the arm, that should still come from the clockwork mechanisms, as they did in the original robots.  The spell should just make the armor match the wearer's movements.  Does this work out, or does Ekrov break his arm when he puts the thing on?

Next, Ekrov will take another look at those black control suits.  He's learned much more about thaumic machinery since last look, and he has the third eye now, so he'll try to understand the mechanisms by which they work.  Particular things I'm interested in is whether there's any chance of them causing damage to him if he dons a suit, and how they're powered; last time you mentioned that the systems only have enough power for a few minutes of activity, so it'd be nice to be able to refuel them.

Cast a know spell using any relevant materials, if that's reasonable to do.  Iron, maybe?  Or Animate?  Even Human?  I doubt any of those will work, but hey, scrying is cheap and easy.

Finally, continue melting magicoal.

Spoiler: O.o (click to show/hide)
[3+5v8]
You successfully turn a clockwork arm inside out. Its not exactly easy to hold on to what with all those gears and such chugging away on the outside.

[3+2v6]
[3+2v2] -8 total mana

You manage to use magic to make the mechanisms react to the movement of the arm, following it as it moves.

[7+5 v12]
Judging from what you can see without tearing them apart, these suits are control systems for something. They appear to send signals to whatever it is and cause that thing to mimic the movement of the suit. As is, putting them on is of no danger since they're not powered.  They appear to be linked up to the same power system as the rest of this control room, which you believe is likely some large scale furnace somewhere. Maybe past the king's door? Maybe just somewhere nearby.

[2+5v3]
Your attempt to scry what exactly is controlled by these suits results in somewhat of a odd vision. The most clear image you get is of a giant statue head somewhere to the northwest.

4 coal, 135 thaum. You're using up the last of your good containers with this.

Lets get rid of some of the mana by doing four d6 charity spells.  Say using Steel related spells to summon tools, repair broken tools, etc, or using Expand to summon more food or construction material from a supply of such.  Ape-based healing spells are also okay.

Since things here aren't in a crisis, do some buying and selling.

For buying, offer up to four chunks of magicoal for a plot of land suitable for opening a small business here.
Also, offer up to four chunks of magicoal for local treasures.  Could be recovered ruins items that I haven't seen yet, could be other local treasures that people are willing to sell.
I'm also willing to buy trade goods, but only for smallish valuable items, don't want to slow Benedict down.

For selling, offer spells.  Here's some spells I'm willing to sell, and theoretical prices for them:

Healing, 5g/spell.  Usual limb-replacement or correction options via Ape word, similar to what I've done before.  Take notes for people with difficult or time-consuming problems that I can't handle in a hurry.. I'll try to revisit this town later at some point.

Spells below are 25g for d4, 50g for d6, or 100g for a d8 strength.  One spell per customer.

Summoned Pet,  Combinations with Bird, Ape, Strengthen Bird, Strengthen Ape, Ape Bird, etc.  Willing to mix in Ice if desired, but only d4 ice is available.

Enhancement,  Strengthen or Speed or Strengthen Speed spells cast to buff an individual.  All buffs may be offered either with immediate, or used with Grow and stretched out over a week of duration.  Point out ears to demonstrate both that this is real and possible side effects.  Cosmetic changes are ok, but don't use Grow to try and change someone's age.

Item summoning or enhancement.  Benny's armour would be extremely expensive, but was readily doable with mana.  Other people may want Steel items made similarly.  Offer both normal Steel items that should be repairable as normal, and Strengthen Steel items that are extra strong but may not be fixable with normal tools.  Summon whatever someone wants, be it tools, furniture, equipment, weapons, armour, etc.  Can also use it to enhance an item.

Item Enchanting.  Can put a buff or something on an item instead of a person, which might be a better method for some people to do it.  D6 force and D4 Ice and d8 View are available for this too, should someone want a spyglass or something.

Sell spells until I'm out of ready buyers or down to 150 mana remaining. (starting with 231).  If I'm done and over 150 mana, use 30 to boost my Speed to +2.  Then see if there is any demand for freight and passengers to Galena next morning, as that's a short trip and I won't need long to fly it, even if Benedict is carrying more for it.

Socalize a bit in the evening, buy some drinks and ask people about the colour green thing.  Then rest, camping out under Benedict's wing, simply to keep him from getting lonely and exploring alone.

Head out in the morning to Galena, taking any passengers and cargo I found.

-17 mana for those charity spells. 214 mana left

[10+3v8]

When you offer up the Magicoal for sale, the locals get nervous. Apparently they have local superstitions about such things being dangerous or cursed. They're ready to run you out of town but you manage to talk them out it by promising to take the magicoal away and not bring it back. They are probably also a bit taken aback by your general anime glowing appearance.

You sell 20 spells, using up 68 mana, bringing you down to 146. [10+3] Its good enough to stop your glowing and internal burning. The prices for this are not what you thought you could make, to be honest. 25 gold is a month's wages and this is a small town; You manage to get 119 gold total.

You ask about the need for travel to Galena and get some large crates. You take on 30 extra gold worth of cargo.

You do your best to make friends and such, but a lot of people seem to think you might be some sort of supernatural trickster here to take their money in exchange for wishes. You can't REALLY offer much of an excuse for that, considering your recent actions and connection to the mythically rare Magicoal.  Though you do find out that apparently the color green here is due to the ancestry of the founders. When shown their family crest you recognize it as a mildly altered version of the soldier's crest from the ruins.

You wake at dawn the next day and find the skies quite overcast and just starting to rain. [4] You wonder if flying a metal covered bird in a rain storm is dangerous.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: March 05, 2020, 05:29:24 pm »

((Sorry, I forgot to subtract from last turn, the mistake won't happen again))
Try picking up rocks and moving them out of the way until I can enter

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: March 05, 2020, 09:32:19 pm »

It probably would be, yes.

Ditch the metal armour.  Pack away the helmet, but just discard the front and back plates.  I can summon them again any time if necessary.

Fly to Galena.  If not interrupted, conduct mostly the same business as Natron.  Investigate the basic nature of the town, try to trade magicoal for a plot of land, try to trade magicoal for treasures, sell spells for money.  Try to get a better rate in this town, if possible, and sell a max of 30 mana worth of spells.  If they're less hostile about magicoal in Galena, let them know that I'll be holding an auction in the capital where I'll be selling more of it, along with other treasures recovered.

Then socialize, ask about any mysteries or unusual events, and get cargo for the next town, Gravis.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 12:57:58 am by Devastator »

DreamWeaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: March 05, 2020, 10:25:25 pm »

As the beginnings of a new project sink into his mind, Esteban cannot help but feel absolutely giddy. This happens every time he gets an idea for a project, and it takes him a minute to stop marveling at his mental image of the final product. Yes, yes... a mixing of dichotomies, essences of heat and cold, of calm and fright, all together in harmony, held together by the essence of a simple beast of burden! Genius!

Of course, reality sets in quickly, and he has to think about actually obtaining his supplies. Some of these things are easily obtained -- surely he could get quicksilver somewhere around this bustling town, and perhaps even opium with a bit of trouble, and the blood of a horse is surely as simple as finding one in the wild -- it's a bit of a trek to reach mountaintops, but there are mountains to the north already visible from Regulus anyway, and once he's up in the icy parts, there'll be no real shortage. The only thing that gives him some thought for a moment is the condensed phlogiston. Until he remembers the fuckoff big volcano-looking mountain to the south. The one called Mount Phlogiston. He solves the mystery in record time. Nice job, Sherlock. But then there are other difficulties. Surely ice will melt and blood will rot away, correct? Should he be considering how to preserve these two time-sensitive items? And of course, it's not like he can even buy the things he could get here right now anyway -- in true starving-artist fashion, Esteban has no money to his name at the moment.

Like any good starving artist, Esteban knows how to pick up an odd job here and there, however. Finding ghosts to tell you to do shit for them is pretty odd indeed, right? And luckily for him, he already holds a spirit within him! Esteban attempts to glean the spirit's desires and requests. With some luck, this'll lead him to something he can make a profit off of, point him in the direction of something interesting, or just give him the chance to kill two birds with one stone. Or maybe it won't. It's up to what the spirit wants.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: March 06, 2020, 11:35:53 pm »

It behooves me to mention that if you have a living horse you also have a fresh supply of horse blood.

DreamWeaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: March 07, 2020, 01:29:05 pm »

It behooves me to mention that if you have a living horse you also have a fresh supply of horse blood.
Ah, that's true. Still, my question holds -- I'll need to get the blood out of the horse eventually to put it in the sculpture, which puts a time limit on the finished product's existence... excepting any anomalous properties. Which are pretty much guaranteed on a Sculptor's work, so...

And I see what you did there, ya jokester

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: March 07, 2020, 03:31:27 pm »

I think that even if the statue isn't permanent, you still get the words which you can carry in your head as long as you don't replace them with other words or die.  I think if you keep the statue around you can relearn the words from it should you overwrite them with new words.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: March 08, 2020, 04:25:12 am »

You told me before that looking for something specific would make it harder, you shit.

What stat is that you're rolling to find words? Whatever it is, make Ekrov chug 80 thaum and transfer the mana to me so that i can level it to +3. I'm not wasting another turn trying to use channeling to eat magicoal when my fellow IRC gremlins promised me mana and have a working method of their own.

Still searching for words. If it will really improve odds, I'm looking for something containing or siphoning. Maybe something I could use to slowly siphon large storage off into a usable form. Or anything which would get us through the king door, or let us obtain the city core.
Actually, considering how much shit you're letting S&E do each turn, could you roll me searching for words multiple times? I'm not really doing anything else with my time.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 09:02:06 am by Egan_BW »
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: March 08, 2020, 05:49:41 am »

Paid for supplies and 2 gold for the guide, please tell me at the end how many additional days we need to pay our guide for.

Move away from the thing, preferably in a way that’ll make it pass under the tank’s opening in case Ecalir does some dynamic insertion.

Break out the lantern so we can see better, unless if it uses and open flame or could otherwise set off the liquid/gasses here (of course, if I am very sure this liquid isn't flammable or such, then do make light). If that is the case, then instead cast a short-lived D6 sharpen spell on Ecalir’s senses so he can better see in this place.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: March 08, 2020, 09:08:00 am »

Eat ten thaum.  Then spend 40 mana to buff will to +2.  Then eat 90 thaum.  That'll free up some space.  I'll cast some spells too, so that should drain mana; eat thaum to replenish all the mana used.

Use banish on a rock or something, to remove it from existence.  Just to test if that works, and how difficult it is.

Then reverse-banish... let's go with a small piece of clockwork made of iron, shaped like some fragile piece in one of the clockwork bots.  Just to see if reverse-banish can indeed summon things.

Draw some blood, and use "Human" to make it eternally fresh, never drying or rotting or otherwise degrading.  Place it inside the ferrous memento if this works.

Ekrov has one wearable robot arm, and from my understanding it does indeed function to use "animate" as a way to make the robot arm move properly along with the wearer.  So... complete the robot suit.  Gather enough humanoid pieces that a person could fit inside the frame, and entirely gut the thing, replacing all the mechanics on the exterior.  DO NOT WEAR IT YET.  Just... prepare it.  And leave it unpowered, don't attach a mainspring yet...

THEN, once the entire robot suit is fully assembled, enchant each piece.  Presumably, that would be the three other limbs, and the torso.  Take it slowly, so that there's less risk of critfailing on a difficult roll.  Don't wear it yet, once it's all enchanted, scry it to see if it'll just kill the wearer or otherwise be a danger.

Finally, melt more magicoal.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2335 on: March 09, 2020, 01:04:49 pm »

((Sorry, I forgot to subtract from last turn, the mistake won't happen again))
Try picking up rocks and moving them out of the way until I can enter
[2v1] Wow, good luck there.

You manage to shove enough of the rocks out of the way that you can crawl through. You peek inside and its basically pitch black in there.

As the beginnings of a new project sink into his mind, Esteban cannot help but feel absolutely giddy. This happens every time he gets an idea for a project, and it takes him a minute to stop marveling at his mental image of the final product. Yes, yes... a mixing of dichotomies, essences of heat and cold, of calm and fright, all together in harmony, held together by the essence of a simple beast of burden! Genius!

Of course, reality sets in quickly, and he has to think about actually obtaining his supplies. Some of these things are easily obtained -- surely he could get quicksilver somewhere around this bustling town, and perhaps even opium with a bit of trouble, and the blood of a horse is surely as simple as finding one in the wild -- it's a bit of a trek to reach mountaintops, but there are mountains to the north already visible from Regulus anyway, and once he's up in the icy parts, there'll be no real shortage. The only thing that gives him some thought for a moment is the condensed phlogiston. Until he remembers the fuckoff big volcano-looking mountain to the south. The one called Mount Phlogiston. He solves the mystery in record time. Nice job, Sherlock. But then there are other difficulties. Surely ice will melt and blood will rot away, correct? Should he be considering how to preserve these two time-sensitive items? And of course, it's not like he can even buy the things he could get here right now anyway -- in true starving-artist fashion, Esteban has no money to his name at the moment.

Like any good starving artist, Esteban knows how to pick up an odd job here and there, however. Finding ghosts to tell you to do shit for them is pretty odd indeed, right? And luckily for him, he already holds a spirit within him! Esteban attempts to glean the spirit's desires and requests. With some luck, this'll lead him to something he can make a profit off of, point him in the direction of something interesting, or just give him the chance to kill two birds with one stone. Or maybe it won't. It's up to what the spirit wants.
That is a potential problem. You may have to find a way to preserve them OR a way to gather them quickly after gathering the other, less problematic materials. Regardless, the finished product shouldn't have any issues with decay. Such things don't touch the works of a true sculptor.

Your spirit desires a medal. Something military if you can get it, but as long as it is a lovely shiny metal and commemorates the valor of its wearer, its fine.

Paid for supplies and 2 gold for the guide, please tell me at the end how many additional days we need to pay our guide for.

Move away from the thing, preferably in a way that’ll make it pass under the tank’s opening in case Ecalir does some dynamic insertion.

Break out the lantern so we can see better, unless if it uses and open flame or could otherwise set off the liquid/gasses here (of course, if I am very sure this liquid isn't flammable or such, then do make light). If that is the case, then instead cast a short-lived D6 sharpen spell on Ecalir’s senses so he can better see in this place.

No prob.

You scramble back up the tank. The container is tilted, so one end, the end closest to the hole you fell through, is up high enough to be out of the liquid. You press your back against that wall and hold your lantern up- you're pretty sure this stuff isn't flammable. It doesn't smell of pitch or tar, rather it smells like water and algae.  Under the light of the lantern, you can see the fluid is mostly clear, maybe slightly reddish in tint, and the creature within it is much more obvious.

Originally it was probably spherical, but its been cracked like an egg and a large chunk of it seems to be missing. From spherical metal body extend dozens of mechanical limbs. They're mechanical tentacles of some kind, extending and retracting accordion-like, pincer hands snapping and grasping, failing to get much purchase on the smooth metal tank. It moves awkwardly towards you, shoving and dragging itself, having a very hard time of it as it slips and grinds.

It probably would be, yes.

Ditch the metal armour.  Pack away the helmet, but just discard the front and back plates.  I can summon them again any time if necessary.

Fly to Galena.  If not interrupted, conduct mostly the same business as Natron.  Investigate the basic nature of the town, try to trade magicoal for a plot of land, try to trade magicoal for treasures, sell spells for money.  Try to get a better rate in this town, if possible, and sell a max of 30 mana worth of spells.  If they're less hostile about magicoal in Galena, let them know that I'll be holding an auction in the capital where I'll be selling more of it, along with other treasures recovered.

Then socialize, ask about any mysteries or unusual events, and get cargo for the next town, Gravis.

You ditch the metal armor, pack away the helmet, and then get to flying. The sky actually clears shortly after you take off so...eh, no reason to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Galena is a tiny mountain town, right at the start of one of the tributaries that eventually forms the River Hydra. It appears to have once been a mining town but those days seem long past. Many of the homes and buildings are abandoned, with the last two or three dozen remaining inhabitants scraping out an existence fishing, herding mountain goats, gathering wild plants and generally living off the land. In a few decades this will likely be nothing but a ghost town. 

You ask the locals about the lights and they say they saw them, passing overhead at night. They give similar mythical explanations as those in the past town.

They seem less frightened of you for whatever reason, though they have little of value for trading. They will gladly trade you land here...but it would be tantamount to charity on your part to give them magicoal for a plot of scraggy mountain woodland filled with the abandoned refuse of mining.  You give them the cargo and they thank you for it.

You told me before that looking for something specific would make it harder, you shit.

What stat is that you're rolling to find words? Whatever it is, make Ekrov chug 80 thaum and transfer the mana to me so that i can level it to +3. I'm not wasting another turn trying to use channeling to eat magicoal when my fellow IRC gremlins promised me mana and have a working method of their own.

Still searching for words. If it will really improve odds, I'm looking for something containing or siphoning. Maybe something I could use to slowly siphon large storage off into a usable form. Or anything which would get us through the king door, or let us obtain the city core.
Actually, considering how much shit you're letting S&E do each turn, could you roll me searching for words multiple times? I'm not really doing anything else with my time.

Specific place, you dinugs~

Senses. I'll assume that works and is enough.

[3+4v6]

You discover a massive  metal ball that has the magic for [Grand Lodestone] etched on it.

[4+4v7]

On a pedestal you find [Slow]

[1+4v9]

and that's it.

Eat ten thaum.  Then spend 40 mana to buff will to +2.  Then eat 90 thaum.  That'll free up some space.  I'll cast some spells too, so that should drain mana; eat thaum to replenish all the mana used.

Use banish on a rock or something, to remove it from existence.  Just to test if that works, and how difficult it is.

Then reverse-banish... let's go with a small piece of clockwork made of iron, shaped like some fragile piece in one of the clockwork bots.  Just to see if reverse-banish can indeed summon things.

Draw some blood, and use "Human" to make it eternally fresh, never drying or rotting or otherwise degrading.  Place it inside the ferrous memento if this works.

Ekrov has one wearable robot arm, and from my understanding it does indeed function to use "animate" as a way to make the robot arm move properly along with the wearer.  So... complete the robot suit.  Gather enough humanoid pieces that a person could fit inside the frame, and entirely gut the thing, replacing all the mechanics on the exterior.  DO NOT WEAR IT YET.  Just... prepare it.  And leave it unpowered, don't attach a mainspring yet...

THEN, once the entire robot suit is fully assembled, enchant each piece.  Presumably, that would be the three other limbs, and the torso.  Take it slowly, so that there's less risk of critfailing on a difficult roll.  Don't wear it yet, once it's all enchanted, scry it to see if it'll just kill the wearer or otherwise be a danger.

Finally, melt more magicoal.

Alright. I'm assuming you're doing the book work for that.

To completely banish a small rock from our plane of existence would be a d10 roll.

So...Banish moves something someplace else. Reverse banish would take something from somewhere and bring it here. If you reverse banish a piece from a clockwork thing, it will stop being over there, and end up here. It won't help you summon anything straight out of mid air, it would just be a straight "Summon x" roll with no word to fortify it. And thus quite hard.

It does not appear to work. Rather the blood seems to slowly be consumed by the memento and vanish. However, it does roughly double its effective working time.

[9+5 v15] Hmm
[11+5v5]
You get the suit made. Its not a complete body suit, mind you, it doesn't entirely cover every inch. Something like a partial exoskeleton really.  Its also still got all its mechanics exposed on the outside.  But it is a full and theoretically working power armor suit.

In order to avoid a chance of crit fail, we'll have to split the job up a lot more than just 4 rolls. 10 or so.

[2+2v 6][4+2v2][2+2v5][3+2v1][1+2v4][2+2v3][6+2v4][6+2v1][4+2v6][5+2v3]
[3+2v1] [6+2 v 2][1+2 v2]

2 melted, 34 thaum.

Total Mana used this turn, including the animating and then some generic costs for the above info= 70.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: March 09, 2020, 01:36:29 pm »

Light a torch and continue using my charm to find the spirit

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: March 09, 2020, 03:30:13 pm »

I wish to go kick the shit out of whatever is down there with Darwin.

If it's just below the hole Darwin fell through, dropkick onto it and stomp the life out of it with my taloned feet.

If it's not below the hole, jump down there anyway and karate kick it to death. Also with my taloned feet. Caw.

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 10:43:34 am by Pancaek »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: March 10, 2020, 03:07:16 am »

Going to try to do something for these people.
What I want to make is like a dip compass, which is essentially a compass that can swing vertically as well as horizontally.

I'll need several ingredients for this.  I want to see if I can buy bits of metal or metal samples of the stuff people look for around here, whatever metals they used to mine.

Keep enough for samples to add to my alchemy supplies, while using some of my Thaum and my alchemy kit to render the other bits of metal down to their base words.. ie, to render some copper plus some thaum to get a potion with (Copper).  Do this for the available metals, and use an Expand word and some of my gold, silver, and gemstones to get a potion for each of these too.  Try no more than twice if one metal should fail to render down into a spell.  Don't do one for Iron, as I already have Steel as a word which I can do instead.

Then summon, via Steel, some magnetized bits of steel to act as the core of various compasses.  Then use my metal word potions on the pointers to make them seek those metals.  Use a d6 Steel word to make the iron seeking compass.

Take the d10 Permanent word off my disassembled force rod, and cast d6 Permanent on the compasses to make sure the enchantment lasts.  Retry that one if failed.

With that, there should be enough for the base of dip compasses.  I'll just leave the pointers with the people, it'll probably take a bit of time to make dip compasses out of them.

Hopefully, these are powerful enough to be useful.  Add Strengthen spell(s) if they're too weak.

Anyway, the people of this town can have the compasses gratis, but I want an arrangement where I'd get a share of the profits should they find new resources and open a mine.  I'm not sure what a fair rate for this would be, but make sure to include a rider where if I provide capital, I can buy a bigger share in the resulting mine(s).

Do trade magicoal for land.  Some land up here would be suitable to put a remote outpost.. a few of the things we've recovered are dangerous, and we might end up developing some weapons, and having a very remote area for a test range would be useful.
Also see if I can get an abandoned house in town, and pay some gold to have someone refurbish it to make it habitable, including furniture and what not.

This will be because if we're building an outpost, I'll want to have an agent live there, and not having to live inside the weapon's testing range is a good thing.  Also be cheaper to buy it now if a mine ends up being developed, since I'd probably want an agent there to handle money and what not.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 05:00:37 am by Devastator »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: March 10, 2020, 05:22:36 am »

Oh, and message Ekrov

"At Gravis.  Locals say clockwork dragons passed overhead."  "Arrived fine."
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 203