Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 338048 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #2385 on: April 01, 2020, 09:08:00 am »

Attempt to use d6 multiply spells to  increase the potency of the anesthetic so a mosquito's worth is enough to knock a man out fast, like we (well, you and RC) discussed in the discord

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: April 01, 2020, 10:21:51 am »

Make those biometal insects as discussed, have them suck up the stronger anesthetic.

Also drive an iron stake into the rock on our perch and attach a rope, so we can easily get down later on (don't throw it out yet though of course). And make another rope net.

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2387 on: April 01, 2020, 12:07:12 pm »

I want to play this out
I’m curious what the goo has me do
Alright then.

Attempt to use d6 multiply spells to  increase the potency of the anesthetic so a mosquito's worth is enough to knock a man out fast, like we (well, you and RC) discussed in the discord

Make those biometal insects as discussed, have them suck up the stronger anesthetic.

Also drive an iron stake into the rock on our perch and attach a rope, so we can easily get down later on (don't throw it out yet though of course). And make another rope net.

[6+1v5][3+1v1] -6 mana.

You make 10 of them for 3 mana. 1 each for each person and an extra just in case.

[4v4] Stake driven.

[10v6] Rope net made.

The men are about 5 minutes out, according to your bird who has just returned.

Okay, now paint what Ekrov probably looks like from Saeko's perspective.

[poke syvarris]
Zavirius pops up near Ekrov while he's doing something that's probably boring. "Hey Ekrov, I've got a question for you."
She is holding a painting frame, though pointed away such that Ekrov can't see what's on it yet.

Spoiler: Zavi (click to show/hide)

Land near the house that contained the king key and dismount.

Knock on the door, and try to find the person who had the king key, and initiate negotiations to borrow the king key.

I'm willing to offer many things for it:

Money (up to 400 gold, maybe some of the gemstones and precious metals.)
Magic spells, (normal buffs, or more exotic spells of some sort)
Magicoal, (up to two pieces)
Mana, (up to 40 mana).
Magic Arms.  Some of the weapons or other tools we've recovered so far.

If I think it'll help, explain how I'm working for the magebreakers, and how the choice is basically between 'get paid now' and 'they come back with a small army and tear the town apart to get it.'

Since if negotations fail, I plan on moving on to taking it through force or intimidation, add a couple temporary spells to help with that.  Use a weak Grow Strengthen on my fingernails so that they'll be functional claws by the time I'd want them to be ready.  Also do a d4 temporary Grow Ice spell for a similar purpose.. to cause eyes go icy blue over time, and grant chilly breath, which should be helpful for intimidation.  Pass it off if those spells prove unnecessary.

If I am refused permission to borrow it for a few days, stop there, as I'll probably attempt to get it through some other method.

Spoiler: Saeko Hirahara (click to show/hide)
[3+1v3]
You manage to, with the offer of 250 gold, secure the king's key for one week.

Went pretty well honestly.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: April 01, 2020, 01:31:42 pm »

looks like things worked out to me. Gather up my things and prepare to move on unless there's anything else for me to do while I'm here?

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: April 02, 2020, 10:10:15 pm »

Return to the expedition area.  Get the crew together, sans Benedict, and open up the King door.

Spoiler: Saeko Hirahara (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: April 03, 2020, 03:21:52 pm »

When Zavirus finds him, Ekrov is sitting in a rubble slide, with a nearby rock providing a flat surface that he's covered in papers, along with a few thaumic devices.  As she walks up to him, he's holding one of the silver shield rods close in front of his face, and is slowly turning it.  Only his third eye is open, but his other hand is rapidly sketching strange patterns onto a piece of paper in front of him.

He startles when Zavi pops up next to him, nearly dropping the rod he's inspecting.  He turns to glare at Zavi, but quickly masks that expression when he sees her, sitting up a little bit straighter and trying to look unperturbed.  "Err, yes, Zavirius?  What is it?"

Spend 40 mana to buff speed to +2, then eat 40 thaum to replenish the loss (all already accounted for).

Cast a quick Animate+Human+Clockwork scrying spell on the semi-animate clockwork armor, to confirm that the enchantments won't just make it kill/hurt Ekrov if he tries to wear it.  If it indeed is safe, wear it... with Saeko's help.  Just in case the scrying lies and Ekrov needs healing.  I'm paranoid, okay?

Be with Saeko when she opens the king's door.  Wield the clockwork machine gun, just in case there's something hostile on the other side.

Bonus action: Examine the key Saeko enlarged before, an aristocrat key I think.  Can the exact words that it uses be made out?  Could they be read and used by an invoker?  Could Ekrov create a copy key using the thaumic gear, without just ripping the pieces out manually?

And, uh, melt magicoal if nothing happens, I guess.

Spoiler: O.o (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: April 03, 2020, 05:47:53 pm »

Well then. Have the bugs sneakily inject their venom a little bit before the chokepoint. If, by the time they are at that point, not all of them are down or they are only starting to get drowsy, Ecalir can throw the rope nets to try and trap the others.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: April 03, 2020, 06:06:44 pm »

Well then. Have the bugs sneakily inject their venom a little bit before the chokepoint. If, by the time they are at that point, not all of them are down or they are only starting to get drowsy, Ecalir can throw the rope nets to try and trap the others.

Follow the plan.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: April 05, 2020, 02:35:56 am »

"Well, a while back when I first became a wizard, I was hired to make a painting. Turns out, someone had kidnapped this guy, some noble, and they wanted to make a copy of them. So I was tasked with painting a photorealistic image of him, and I saw a woman bring that painting to life. The image of the guy stood up, climbed out of the canvas, and was real.
I've seen you do similar things, but not exactly that. So I was wondering if you were able to. To, you know, take a still image and give it life, even personality."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: April 05, 2020, 04:05:52 am »

"I... actually have, once.  I animated a sketch of Benedict, which was then grown to giant size, for use in a battle.  It was Saeko's idea, back then I had no idea just how powerful my magic was.  Hm.  Why do you ask?  Do you want to give life to this painting?"  His eyes trail down to the painting Zavi's holding, though he can't see what's on it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: April 05, 2020, 04:13:14 am »

"That's the idea, yes-"
She reverses the canvas, showing Ekrov an image of a girl with an at least superficial resemblance to Saeko.
"I admit, I'm mostly just curious. About how much of a mind you could give it. If you instill this image with a personality, will that personality come from you, as the animator? Or from me, the artist? Or will it most resemble the subject, though she has done nothing directly to participate in the exercise?"

Painting quality:
(Knowledge) [7+1] vs [1]
(Will) [5+3] vs [6]
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 04:27:40 am by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: April 05, 2020, 04:41:16 am »

((I'm gonna ignore the painting Dubs linked, since Dev's described Saeko as appearing rather different from Homura.)

"Wow..."

Ekrov stares at the painting, speechless.  He leans a little closer, inspecting it, then after several seconds begins moving his head in an odd pattern to scan his third eye over it.  When he resumes speaking, his tone is almost reverential.

"I had no idea that you were so talented, Zavi... you've... your work is flawless.  I am amazed, Saeko has this... I've drawn images of her--practice, I sketch everything, but my work has never been able to truly capture her!  I--"  he pauses, straightening back up and taking a deep breath to regain his composure.  "Well.  I'm not certain how an animation would work.  I've only animated art once before, and then both the subject and myself had the same desires and motivation, though when I drew the art it was purely as a study.  I suspect that the... being's mind, would depend more on me, as the one giving it life.  But I genuinely do not know."

He resumes scanning the painting, a light smile spreading over his face.  "...It would be a pity to test with this work.  Nothing should be changed about it."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: April 05, 2020, 04:48:23 am »

"I think it is the very aspect which makes you reluctant to use this piece that makes me curious what would happen if you did. I made this in a state of inspiration, and I want to see if that matters.
And besides, the result wouldn't be the destruction of the painting, just a modification. Even an enhancement."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: April 05, 2020, 04:52:31 am »

"I think..."  Ekrov frowns, conflict playing across his face as he continues to stare at the painting "I think that we should ask Saeko.  It's her likeness.  It only makes sense to ask if she is okay with having a doppelganger.  Hmm.  Maybe she'll actually like the idea; having a body double is useful, and she is often practical..."

"If you want to go ask her, I'll come too."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: April 05, 2020, 04:59:19 am »

"I suppose we could ask her."

[poke Devastator]
Zavirius presents a painting of Saeko to Saeko.
"I asked Ekrov to animate the painting, out of personal curiosity. He suggested that we should confer with you, first."
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 05:04:40 am by Egan_BW »
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 203