Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 343130 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #2790 on: August 04, 2020, 10:12:27 am »

There is an angel in Old Kaolin gathering people. The Golden Horde and I need your help in stopping it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: August 04, 2020, 11:07:15 am »

There is an angel in Old Kaolin gathering people. The Golden Horde and I need your help in stopping it.

"...Well, you're rather forwards, aren't you? Well, guess that saves me the trouble of asking around. Show me where it is and I'll kill it for you, no problem."
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: August 04, 2020, 12:12:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Head to Old Kaolin and enter the passageway that the angel is in. On the way there, the wizard following me offered to give mana, so I take his hand and receive 50 mana (spoiler updated)
The angel is in Old Kaolin, in an underground area. Isn’t it normal to mention the problem to a magebreaker? Why wouldn’t one be forward about this?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 12:29:29 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: August 04, 2020, 12:40:01 pm »

"Mmm."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: August 04, 2020, 06:08:01 pm »

Thank the ferry captain, give him five gold for the trouble and to help him take care of his crew and ship after the attack that happened, and head into Nihil, finding out who needs a Doctor here.

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: August 04, 2020, 06:32:04 pm »

Recall any important information for fighting Angels, follow the girl with the flashing hair.
Also give Eve 50 mana.

Spoiler: ... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 12:12:21 am by Egan_BW »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: August 05, 2020, 12:08:34 am »

Return the vial of black flux to Saeko when she takes the two sticks, I forgot that Ekrov needs a gallon of black flux.  At least he can just go loot it whenever.  Also I don't want to leave it in my inventory while Saeko's out on her adventure, I'll inevitably forget about it.

Make the thaumic grenade that just produces clouds continually until it runs out of mana.  I'd like it to work on a charging system; it costs X mana to produce obscuring clouds for one combat turn, so you just shove in however much mana would be used over three turns, throw it, and then it'll provide you cover for those three turns... plus maybe some extra time since clouds tend to stick around.  I'm not going to put any other enchantment on it, it's just a reusable thaumic grenade that summons clouds.

Talk to the guide golem, and ask it about the other golems.  What their abilities are.  Whether they'd be friendly, or aggressive--especially the warrior golems.  Do they have any subtle functions it would be useful to know about?  What about the guide?

Also ask if the keys we took from the ruins of Gravid have any built-in spells that might be useful.  Ekrov currently has a soldier and an aristocrat key, there's probably some of the laborer keys lying around as well.

Aaaand since I'm drawing a blank on other stuff, learn some bits of Celestine from the guide while talking to it.  It's not a major priority, but Ekrov would like to learn the language eventually.

...Melt magicoal too.

Spoiler: creepy oracle kid (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: August 05, 2020, 05:42:31 am »

Lets go summon it right back out, then, except this time friendly.  The slot will be freed up if the giant scorpion dies, correct?

It's not really useful right now, but I'd like to keep it around as bioshaper raw material.  So use some dye to mark it, say with a big obvious mark right between its eyes.

Use the bioshaper to get a good look at the giant creature.  I'm going to try and figure out how it is so huge for an insect, and look for things that can be used to improve the abilities of the insects I have instead of blood.  Also try to figure out how the venom works, and how the organ works that produces it, in case I want to make venomous creatures with the bioshaper.  Also, see if it has any interesting insect senses and try to figure out how they work.

Then, take off the ring that I'm wearing to not look like a sack of walnuts, and use the biomodder to take enough flesh from the giant scorpion to render the ring unnecessary.

Along the way, there are some changes to be made.  First, I'd like to improve my endurance, so go through my joints and bones, trying to ensure they're robust.  Same with making any improvements to my insect-blood as inspired by the giant scorpion.  Then, I'm going to try and improve the performance and capacity of my lungs and insect-oxygenation system, as preparation to fly up a huge mountain and to increase my flight ceiling.  Try to keep this to invisible internal changes instead of stuff like increasing the flexability of my ribcage.

I'd also like to add some thin fur under the covering of my armor, as it's likely cold up on the snowy mountain top, and it'll take magic to summon more cloth.  I doubt anyone's carrying any clothing-for-winged-people in the town.

If I finish up successfully, give the giant scorpion orders to head roughly towards the mansion, and to set up a den a kilometer or so away from it.  Text Ekrov to warn him that the scorpion is friendly, but if it causes problems they can kill it.

Spoiler: Saeko (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: August 06, 2020, 03:41:24 am »

A secret jungle WITHIN a secret jungle?! Double Jungle! Wow!

Carefully test out some things to try and determine how this fancy forest operates:

1) Lower some rope (also made from plant fibers I guess?) and let it touch the leaves.

2) Tie small bit of metal to rope, use that to let the metal touch the leave (make sure I have some distance) and see what exactly happens to the metal.

3) same but just let the rope lower to beneath the treeline without touching anything, to see if it is touch-based or more area-of-effect.

4) Let some inorganic but not artificial (eg a pebble) matter touch the leaves, does that elicit a response?

5) See if we have a hemp bag or equivalent and put some metal inside, then let it touch the leaves. Is the metal protected from the effect? (assuming the rope test is negative)

6) Touch the leaves with some animal-based material like leather or a it of dried meat from our rations.

7) Can the sunbro staff command these plants?

8) Consider if some spell or enchantment is causing this effect (and could thus be dispelled with the lotus orb) or more like an inherent effect. If the former, does this seem like one giant spell, or could it be dispelled one leave/tree at a time?

9) Is it possible to descend more without touching any of these metallic growths?

10) Make sure to check our books and such to see if they can give us a hint.

((this was rather stream of consciousness, will try to clean up a bit later if I have time.))

« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 03:54:20 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: August 06, 2020, 05:19:24 pm »

"While we're walking, tell me your name, miss. And what can you tell me about the creature and the disappearances?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: August 06, 2020, 05:44:11 pm »

”Oh, I’m Eve. The angel looks like a rainbow double helix with wings made of sunlight. It left things people were carrying, only interested in the people themselves. According to the Golden Horde, a group the priests recommended, it might be collecting people to make a vessel for itself. It tried to take me, but I got out of the underground passage, and it didn’t follow me out, so it’s likely still down there. Also when it moved, it sounded like glass chimes and flutes, and made flashes of multicolored light. It had no eyes or organic structures, but is still able to sense things somehow.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: August 06, 2020, 06:08:26 pm »

"Bird wings or insect?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: August 06, 2020, 07:56:00 pm »

“Not sure. Sorry, I only got a moment to look before it went after me. Does wing type help with narrowing down what it could be?”

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: August 06, 2020, 07:58:44 pm »

"Nah. Might make it easier to kill if it has bird wings, though. Speaking of, I gather you're a mage of some sort?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: August 06, 2020, 08:34:04 pm »

”yes, though I don’t have much mana at the moment. I get mana by helping spirits, speaking of which, I have an arrow probably from a god of mischief. Wonder if it will do damage to the angel. I get words by crafting sculptors. How do you get your mana and words?”
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 203