Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25

Author Topic: Wiki Wars Redux: CANCELLED  (Read 54031 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2 Signups 7/8
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2017, 06:37:46 am »

In
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2: Articles Assigned
« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2017, 09:36:26 pm »

Articles have all been assigned. This is your last chance to spend points before the game begins. Also NRDL I swear I didn't plan on making you a boxer, it just happened that way. Sometimes random chance really is a beautiful thing. For those of you who didn't get in, you may now begin gambling. Some of the articles handed out here feel a little overpowered, but it is always possible to ally with other players, even if only temporarily. OceanSoul did so to great effect last match. Besides, overpowered stuff is part and parcel of Wiki Wars as a whole.

Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rautherdir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemy post (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ziizo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 10:21:47 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round Round 2: Articles Assigned
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2017, 09:58:27 pm »

Wow. Enemy Post got the Fifty Move rule.

Hmm.... I think I will go with Air/Wind for the element.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2: Articles Assigned
« Reply #138 on: May 29, 2017, 12:00:26 am »

Also NRDL I swear I didn't plan on making you a boxer, it just happened that way.

This is the best possible outcome, I love you Person.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 29, 2017, 12:16:25 am »

I'm ready.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 12:19:28 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 29, 2017, 07:33:24 am »

I don't plan to spend points.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 29, 2017, 11:27:10 am »

Shouldn't have pointed that out. I have some decent skills for offense initially, but I could use a physical, reliable weapon. Then again, others among us could use physical weapons. So, I'll spend a point on the arena being Yosemite National Park.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2: Pregame
« Reply #142 on: May 29, 2017, 12:10:10 pm »

Yellowstone Park would have been an exceptionally deadly arena last round for obious reasons. :P Still, yosemite eh? Well, no one has messaged me any point actions(that's allowed by the way), so I guess that'll be the arena. I think I can do a pretty good job of conveying that location at any rate. I'll probably give it a couple more days. If you're ready now and haven't posted, feel free to say so and I'll get this show on the road.

Edit As an aside, I was originally going to make 50-move rule give the following ability. 50 turn rule: If you survive for 50 turns, you are automatically declared champion.

I probably don't have to say why I changed my mind. :P While an interesting idea, it would be completely unfeasible, and thus a waste of an article. If for some bizarre reason you actually want that version Enemy post, I'll give it to you instead.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 12:22:34 pm by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2: Pregame
« Reply #143 on: May 29, 2017, 12:42:45 pm »

I'll take the 50-turn version.

Actually, the other way is fine.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 01:18:03 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2: Update Coming Soon
« Reply #144 on: May 31, 2017, 06:01:03 am »

Well, I'll be updating this soon. Gonna finalize some stuff first, as well as hopefully update Unsanity today. I gotta be more prompt for that game. This is basically just me making sure I have a promise to uphold. The first turn always takes a lot longer to write, but I think I know how to go about it.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2: Once more with feeling.
« Reply #145 on: May 31, 2017, 10:58:15 pm »

Starting Area
Map

Welcome back to Wiki Wars Redux, loyal viewers and new fans alike! We begin with a couple more contestants than last time, so that should definitely shake things up!

This time, our starting area is the scenic Yosemite National Park! Selected by the winner of our last round, Yosemite is a world renowned park visited by over 4 million people each year! Covering over seven hundred thousand acres of California land, this place will serve as our second battleground for Wikipedia Wars Redux.

Now then, let's move our focus to Glacier Point, which overlooks much of the park. Our contested are currently due to appear there at any given moment!

As we look down at the base of Glacier point where Yosemite Conservation Heritage Center sits, it appears we have have our first Warrior!

A small portion of air atop the chilly viewpoint erupts in heat and bursts in to flame. After a few moments the smoke clears, and our first Warrior becomes apparent!

Though clad in relatively ordinary clothes, he looks just a bit... off on further inspection. A small, barely visible set of horns of peeks out through his hair. Strapped to his back is an oddly human looking cardboard cutout. The man eyes the arts & crafts supplies stored in their various pockets, and nods with confidence. This Warrior goes by the name of OceanSoul. That's right, this is our returning champion, and the one who selected this starting area. Was their choice based on some sort of strategy, or do they just really love Yosemite? Time will tell.

OceanSoul has decided to forgo the champion's advantage and start fresh with a new set of 5 articles. Breaking from tradition, they are our first Warrior to have a sponsor other than Wikipedia. Their sponsorship is from TvTropes instead! How will their alternative articles fare in this battle royale? Let's find out.

Here comes our next Warrior! Climbing up the side of the mountain, its NRDL! He looks really pleased with his articles, and punches the air with his boxing glove held high as he reaches the summit! He examined the odorous fruit bagged at his waste, and juggles the soccer ball at his feet to pass the time as the rest of the Warriors begin to arrive.

Next up, here comes Rautherdir, driving up the road in a big truck with a loudspeaker on the back! Our runner up last round, Rautherdir is one to watch. As with OceanSoul, this time around they are sponsored by TvTropes. Arriving at his destination, he stops the vehicle and stows away the keys in one of his pockets. Slowly but surely, he begins to make his way to the others.

Our next contestant is rolling up in a fancy sports car! After parking nearby Rautherdir's truck, the driver slowly but surely exits the vehicle. Exiting the car behind him are a pair of fighting dogs on a leash! This contestant is a new one, and they go by the name of NAV! Backing up their assets are an impressive set of football skills. Will he be able to keep his dogs under control? They could prove a great asset in this competition.

Marching to the peak of Glacier point is a Warrior clad in military uniform! This is the new and improved Enemy post, who carries an Enfield Revolver at his hip and years of british royal navy experience in his mind. In his right hand, he holds a bass guitar of great quality. In his left, a script to a fairly popular play. In an ideal world, he would never need to draw the gun, but this is probably not an ideal world.

Sailing down Merced River in a canoe is another new Warrior! Signed under the name DolosusDoleus, they carry some interesting wares potentially for sale. It is yet unknown why a mercantile type such as them would come to the Wars, but fame and fortune would certainly be as good a reason as any. Nearing their destination, they tie the canoe to a nearby tree trunk, and start hiking to the summit of Glacier Point.

Joining the more military minded Enemy post is another returning Warrior! After tying up their kayak on the Merced River like DolosusDoleus, the one known as Ziizo marches up the mountain, loyal Canadian cadet in tow! They both bear an identical firearm, the FN P35! Also known as the Browning Hi Power, this iconic pistol has served as the standard sidearm for the Canadian navy since it was created over 80 years ago! With that much firepower at their disposal, Ziizo looks to have a good chance at winning this round. The power of one's articles alone is not enough to secure victory, however. Ziizo and Enemy post share a nod as military men are prone to do, and square off to begin as soon as possible.

Finally, last but not least is another new Warrior! As they complete the climb to the summit, they put down a heavy lead case with unknown contents and take a breath of fresh air. With a somewhat agile body type, they wear an English soccer uniform and hold the ball to match it. Their name? AbstractTraitorHero! In the back of their mind, they recall the hidden location of a small building they will be able to use as a base of operations throughout this battle. They know there will be potentially valuable supplies there, so it may be a good idea to dash away the moment this fight starts. However, their soccer skills should be enough tide them over until then hopefully.

With that, these 8 willing gladiators form a makeshift circle, and wait for the signal for their battle to begin. After many a tense moment, the sound of a cannon breaks through the silence! All parties look to the sky for a brief moment! An impressive display of fireworks signifies the beginning of this conflict!

Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rautherdir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemy post (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ziizo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 07:41:42 pm by Person »

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 31, 2017, 11:36:35 pm »

Nod, flash a friendly smile, and then nake a beeeline back down the hill for my canoe. Try to dodge any nearby wiki-warriors.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 31, 2017, 11:59:24 pm »

Salute, sling my guitar over my shoulder, and shoot Ziizo three times.
My mods and forum games.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 01, 2017, 12:10:09 am »

Quickly shuffle my feet and then start punching OceanSoul in the face.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 01, 2017, 06:39:41 am »

Salute and shoot Enemy post back.

The cadet will give his grenade to AbstractTraitorHero and join the military conflict between me and enemy post
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25