Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25

Author Topic: Wiki Wars Redux: CANCELLED  (Read 52880 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2 Turn 3: Another one bites the dust.
« Reply #180 on: June 16, 2017, 10:47:34 pm »

If Ziizo bleeds out from the gunshot wound I gave him, do I still get credit?
If no one else hits them to claim partial kill credit, then yes. Not that that'll mean much. Amusingly, I have rules prepared for articles which will probably never be picked.

If the article happens to be something like this, and credit goes to you, you'll probably revive as a result of gaining an ability that does that sort of thing. Needless to say this is EXTRAORDINARILY unlikely. The rule does exist though.

Articles always go to the killer when possible, even if the killer(s) die too. It is just that mutual kills haven't happened yet, so I didn't see the need to mention all of this until now.

Alive killers get priority for articles where possible, of course. Odds are your corpse will just have some loot dumped on top of it, which I'll make mention of if applicable.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 10:51:32 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 17, 2017, 01:35:46 pm »

Run to the lodge and attempt to get on the phone, calling the OFC Charkeville team manager. If questioned by park rangers why the call has to be made, state that it's a matter of life or death.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 01:37:27 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 17, 2017, 03:42:34 pm »

Oh well, never got to make use of Woodland Warrior. Expected my imps would've protected me, particularly since I asked one to protect me from NAV's hound specifically. With such a low Initiative roll, though, the command likely wouldn't have gone through.

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 17, 2017, 09:33:21 pm »

Order my hounds to eat the imps (I'm hoping they are just made of meat and throw fire, not actually made of fire).

Throw a flask at NRDL (and Ziizo if he's there too), then loot oceansoul of his money and crafts supplies.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2 Turn 4: Dog Days
« Reply #184 on: June 18, 2017, 07:36:11 pm »

Sorry ziizo, apparently I didn't notice that you're actually carrying around 6 water bottles. Weird... how did I forget that asset. Ah well, the canteen thing was sensible, and it worked in your favor so I'm just leaving that all as is.

Starting Area
Map

Run to the lodge and attempt to get on the phone, calling the OFC Charleville team manager. If questioned by park rangers why the call has to be made, state that it's a matter of life or death.

9+1: You sprint into the lodge at full speed, and ask for the phone. Your haggard state means they don't ask any questions.

The assistant manager of the football club picks up the phone.

"Dolosus, is that you? You sound out of breath."

You try to explain the situation.

"Yosemite National Park? What are you doing there? A matter of life and death? That sounds serious! Is there anything I can do for you?"

Well, you have their attention.

Screw medicine today I die with glory.
Launch a burst of wind to NAV then charge at NRDL with intention of engaging in a boxing match with him.
Use my slick feet to outmanoeuvre Ziizo, jabbing at his face while avoiding any punches myself.
Order my hounds to eat the imps (I'm hoping they are just made of meat and throw fire, not actually made of fire).
Throw a flask at NRDL (and Ziizo if he's there too), then loot oceansoul of his money and crafts supplies.
Init:
Ziizo: 2
Ziizo Cadet: 7
NRDL: 6-2+1=5
NAV: 6+1=7
Fire Imps: 1

9: Ziizo's cadet makes it to the shore in record time, and doesn't tie the canoe. Instead, he hides it nearby. After much running, he arrives at the scene of the battle to see his commander bleeding to death!

2: He tries to create bandages from Enemy post's uniform, but fails! (These are like clothing from hell or something. No ordinary cloth could hold such hatred. Karma maybe?)

8: Next, NAV orders his dogs to attack the imps!

5v6,4v7: Both dogs focus on a single imp, but the imps are able to escape from harms way!

3v7: NAV throws an acid vial at NRDL, but he misses, and the acid sizzles uselessly on the ground.
5v9: He throws another vial at Ziizo, but the navy man avoids the toss!

(You have no time to loot OceanSoul.)

Minor hazard created: Small acid pools: Especially poor dodge or movement rolls in this area may cause you to step in acid. The acid will last until turn 7.

NRDL sees Ziizo give up on healing, and start moving towards him, boxes gloves held leveled. I wonder how he shoots a gun with those on... Very carefully I suppose.

5+3+1-2v9+3+1-1: NRDL rushes ziizo with a flurry of punches, but Ziizo deflects ir evades them all with his own boxing expertise! (Because this is a boxing battle, you both get the bonus. In other words, it basically evens out.

6-1v6-2: Ziizo retaliates with a blast of wind, knocking NRDL to the ground! It puts out the test of the fire though.

2+3+1-1v4+3+1-2-2: Ziizo's follow up attack is much stronger, and he makes several punches on his foe's head! NRDL starts to feel dazed!

3: The vigorous action reopens some of NRDL's burns.

5: Ziizo's chest doesn't get any worse. However, he feels more faint.

6v1,6v4:  Both imps literally open fire at the already burning fighting dog! This is simply too much for the already winded canine, and it collapses to the ground.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

3: You stop the car, and look around for any way to fix your arm. This truck is rather barren of supplies, however. You tear off a piece of clothing for a bandage, but it doesn't do much other than slow the bleeding.

Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rautherdir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ziizo (click to show/hide)

KIA:

Spoiler: Enemy post (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reply (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 08:00:07 pm by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 18, 2017, 07:43:57 pm »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 18, 2017, 07:58:34 pm »

Cadet finally uses his grenade in NAV
Continue the boxing match
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 19, 2017, 12:06:32 am »

Tell the assistant manager that the team needs to get to the park right now godddamn it, because it's important and no time to explain why.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 19, 2017, 02:08:40 am »

Fight to the end! Punch Ziizo's gut, aim for vital organs.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 23, 2017, 12:05:32 am »

Still need Dolosus.

Edit: Weird, why did I say that when NAV was missing?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 11:49:46 pm by Person »

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 23, 2017, 12:08:57 am »

Can i be added to the waitlist?
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 23, 2017, 08:21:17 am »

Still need Dolosus.

Tell the assistant manager that the team needs to get to the park right now godddamn it, because it's important and no time to explain why.

..?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 23, 2017, 10:51:23 am »

Throw one more acid at the pair of boxers (using my football throwing skills this time), then run away with my dog to my prototype racecar.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2 Turn 5: Gathering Storm
« Reply #193 on: June 28, 2017, 12:57:54 am »

Starting Area
Map

Cadet finally uses his grenade on NAV.
Continue the boxing match
Fight to the end! Punch Ziizo's gut, aim for vital organs.
Throw one more acid at the pair of boxers (using my football throwing skills this time), then run away with my dog to my prototype racecar.

Init:
Ziizo: 1
Ziizo Cadet: 10
NRDL: 4
NAV: 9

8v7+1: Ziizo's cadet sees NAV preparing to throw something at his commander, so he gets his grenade ready! The pin comes out easily! With a quick toss, the grenade lands near NAV's location! However, the footballer reacts quickly, and dives to the ground, leaping as far away as possible! The grenade detonates, and though he is somewhat concussed by the blast, he receives little harm!

8v10: His fighting dog is dragged along with him by the leash, and also evades the blast entirely!

2-1+1, 2, 2: NAV is too disoriented to throw the container, and spills a little acid on his clothes in the chaos! Fortunately, he acts fast, tearing off the dissolving cloth and throwing it away.

10+1-1: NAV resolves to escape the conflict instead, and quickly closes the acid vial once more! The man and his dog easily reach the fancy sports car, and get seated comfortably.

5-3+3+1v6-1+3+1 Meanwhile NRDL continues to box his foe! The more militant pugilist dip, ducks and dodges his brutal fists repeatedly!

7-1+3+1v5-3+3+1: Ziizo's assault is far more effective, striking 3 consecutive punches into NRDL's face. The third is enough to knock him unconcious, toppling him to the ground and sending him into a dirt nap.

Ziizo Endurance: 8
NRDL Endurance: 10

Astonishingly, both boxers survive this round, and Ziizo even makes a slight recovery! NRDL's burns slightly heal, but he doesn't awake quite yet.

2+2: Your manager is in disbelief at your proclamation.

"Perhaps you forget, but the club is in france! Travel alone will take more than a few hours! We'll have to rent a private jet too!"

He mutters to himself for awhile, and you're about to remind him who's in charge when he speaks up again.

"However, you're the boss! I won't be able to bring the reserves, but we're on our way! We'll drop off in Las Vegas and take a bus the rest of the way! You better have a good explanation when we get here!"

Your assistant hangs up the phone, and the people in the lodge begin to look at you skeptically. Perhaps it is time to take your leave. But wait, you didn't specify a meet up point!

(Your team will arrive in 6 in game hours. Any turn with combat in it will usually last at most 5 minutes. A turn without combat is 30 minutes and up. If you make it to Vegas, which is west of here, the time will go down to 5 hours, as you'll be able to meet at the airport. Apparently an ordinary flight would take over 12 hours, so no complaining. The original Concorde took 3 hours just from paris to new york. Perhaps the Concorde 2 came to fruition in this world?)

8: You step out of the truck and close your eyes, focusing on the starting point of this battle. You envision the iconic Glacier Point, which resides far above sea level, and far down the road. With a clear image in your focus, you draw upon the power of element wind! All around the park, eyes look upwards towards Glacier Point. Far above the icy protrusion, black storm clouds start to gather. Lightning arcs between them, and a convection cell starts to form. The beginnings of a tornado are visible, to all who know the signs.

(Players will have 1-2 turns to escape the radius, depending on how well Rautherdir continues to roll to create and control the storm. The ability will go on cooldown the moment Rautherdir loses focus.)

Healing 5: Rautherdir's arm remains as much of a mess as before.

Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rautherdir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ziizo (click to show/hide)

KIA:

Spoiler: Enemy post (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 06:39:19 am by Person »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2 Turn 5: Gathering Storm
« Reply #194 on: June 28, 2017, 01:26:51 am »

Wake up.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25