Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25

Author Topic: Wiki Wars Redux: CANCELLED  (Read 53972 times)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2 Turn 5: Gathering Storm
« Reply #195 on: June 28, 2017, 05:12:48 am »

try to use my own wind manipulation to stop or at least reduce the power of the tornado.

Cadet shot at NAV destroy his tires If possible.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 01, 2017, 02:24:06 am »

Still missing quite a few people.

Edit: RIGHT. Gonna pm NAV and Dolosus soon.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 02:01:44 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 01, 2017, 03:28:04 am »

can i play?
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 01, 2017, 12:37:16 pm »

Continue focusing on the Tornado

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 05, 2017, 02:20:08 pm »

Looks like it's time for some hit and run.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 06, 2017, 01:54:31 pm »

Attempt to pawn off my piece of valuable cloth to one of the people in the cabin in exchange for their car.

(Whoopsies)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2 Turn 6: Wind and Wounds
« Reply #201 on: July 08, 2017, 07:52:29 pm »

Starting Area
Map

Wake up.

4-2: Not yet.
5-2: Your injuries slightly worsen. The ground isn't a great place to sleep.

Continue focusing on the Tornado
try to use my own wind manipulation to stop or at least reduce the power of the tornado.
Cadet shot at NAV destroy his tires If possible.

Init:
Rautherdir: 2
Ziizo: 8
Cadet: 5
NAV: 2

Ziizo and Rautherdir both use their power of wind on the storm!

Wind battle: 5-1v9

Ziizo's blast of wind strikes into the gathering clouds, somewhat disrupting them! However, Rautherdir practically falls into a trance while directing the wind, and the tunnel of clouds draws ever closer to the ground. Even if those nearby run now, it may be difficult to get to safety...

Ziizo End: 1-1 After his focus on the wind stops, ziizo suddenly becomes aware of the pain in his chest once more! He collapses to the ground! The military man falls unconcious!

Ziizo's cadet readies his firearm for NAV's vehicular attack, preparing to try and shoot out a tire!

Looks like it's time for some hit and run.

(Not sure who you're attacking here, as Rautherdir is a valid target along with everyone at the summit. Will assume you attack the boxers, based on your past actions.)

6: NAV revs up their sports car, and flies up the road toward glacier point! Seeing both NRDL and Ziizo collapsed near each other, he drives towards the two at full throttle! However, the cadet opens fire!

8v10
7v6
10v6

The first bullet goes wide! The second strikes a decent size hole in, but does little damage to the important parts! The third bullet strikes true, slicing apart one of the high traction racing tires!

Driving Skill: 4

Despite the damage to one of the tires, NAV mostly remains on target. The footballer converts the head on attack into a side swipe! They lose a fair bit of speed in the process though.

New attack result: 6 3

NAV's low riding car barely smashes into the two boxers, sending them rolling away from the arena! The low velocity impact doesn't inflict fatal damage, but ziizo's cadet hears a CRACK on impact. That can't be good.

NAV Luk: 8

NAV remembers that the car has a spare in the back. They might not have time to change it with this storm brewing though...

Attempt to pawn off my piece of valuable cloth to one of the people in the cabin in exchange for their car.

10+3: You somehow convince the owner of the lodge that your cloth is some sort of priceless relic. He puts it on display immediately, and gently places a pair of car keys in your hands. Exiting the lodge, you start looking for his car. Based on his instructions, it should be parked nearby. After a bit of searching, you find that it is indeed!

The vehicle looks to be a hybrid, and quite fuel efficient at that. This should get you all the way to the airport with ease. It seems relatively durable as well! Otherwise it wouldn't handle california's rocky landscape. You get inside immediately, and find the tank to be full. Excellent.

(With this car, you should be able to reach the airport in 1 in game hour. I suggest you start thinking of activities to do on the way/when you get there.)

Football team progress:

The team gets packed quickly enough, and boards the plane with surprising quickness. Time to arrival at airport: 4:55.

Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rautherdir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ziizo (click to show/hide)

KIA:

Spoiler: Enemy post (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 07:57:50 pm by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 08, 2017, 08:01:08 pm »

How the hell am I not dead yet...

WAKE ME UP INSIDE can't wake up WAKE ME UP INSIDE SAVE MEEE
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 08, 2017, 08:10:18 pm »

Strap the canoe and oars to the top of the car and start driving to the airport! While driving, begin composing some poetry on the topic of football teams and canoes.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 08, 2017, 08:32:46 pm »

try to wake up.
Cadet keeps shooting at NAV
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 08, 2017, 08:43:26 pm »

Duck to hide from bullets, and ram that damn cadet.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 08, 2017, 09:00:30 pm »

Did I just lose the potential points for killing Ziizo? Also, I think NRDL might have picked up the Rasputin article at some point.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 01:36:20 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 08, 2017, 09:26:23 pm »

Continue directing wind

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2 Turn 7: Falling Wind Rising Action
« Reply #208 on: July 14, 2017, 04:51:39 pm »

Starting Area
Map

WAKE ME UP INSIDE can't wake up WAKE ME UP INSIDE SAVE MEEE
try to wake up.
Cadet keeps shooting at NAV
Duck to hide from bullets, and ram that damn cadet.
Continue directing wind

You know what these rolls are for by now.
NRDL: 4
Ziizo: 4
Cadet: 7
NAV: 5
Rautherdir: 1

Ziizo's soldier acts first, letting loose a carefully aimed barrage at NAV!

7v2-2, 9v9-2, 8v10-2: The first 45 caliber impact smashes into NAV's windshield, flinging glass all over the interior!

NAV Luk: 1
NAV End: 4
Dog End: 1

NAV's dog is shredded in an instant, and he doesn't fare much better! The shards tear into his face, neck and arms, and blood fills his vision! The next couple bullets strike through the left rear tire, sending NAV into a skid!

7-A lot: NAV is so struck with pain that he can't get his foot off the accelerator! NAV desperately tries to regain control of his sports car! However, he can only barely see the road, and the shards in his arms prevent him from correcting smoothly.

By the time he makes any progress, it is too little too late, as the car careens into the air off of Glacier Point. After a somewhat lengthy free fall it crashes to the ground, but the roll cage saves NAV from most of the impact! However, the remaining blunt force trauma shatters the acid vial, finishing him off.

NAV is dead! Ziizo gains the article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juventinus_Albius_Ovidius

9-2: Ziizo startles awake at the sound of gunfire. Lying on the ground he sees the storm clouds gathering above. He calls his cadet to help him up, and the two go shoulder to shoulder to flee the scene as fast as possible. They hobble down the road as fast as they can, but can only get so far as the storm completes.

3-1: Meanwhile, Ziizo's chest pours a literal trail of blood down the mountain. He begins to fade into sleep once more.

3-2: NRDL can struggle no more, and the boxer's body lets out one last breath. In his dreams, he raises a title belt while standing over ziizo. After that, everything fades to white.

NRDL is dead! Ziizo gains the article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mighty_Boosh

(Normally NAV would have claimed it but they're dead, and ziizo has most of the credit still. If the article would have helped NAV, I'd give it to them as stated before.)

3: Rautherdir finally finishes creating the tornado! However, the furious winds escape their grasp! His control lapses, and he is forced back to his own body. The warrior lets go of a breath they didn't even know they were holding. The last remaining troper can now only watch and observe as this force of nature tears across the arena.

TORNADO TIME!

All in the vicinity of Glacier Point must now roll for survival. In other words, all of two relevant people.

Ziizo: 2, 4
Cadet: 2, 4

The two are sent flying into the air by a sudden burst of wind! Despite this, they try to alter their aerodynamics to get sent further away from the wind tunnel, rather than closer!

They fail, and get slammed into a nearby tree, causing a fair bit of blunt force trauma. Furthermore, the tree begins to uproot and bend towards the swirling winds! That can't be good. Ziizo is unconcious again now.

Other Debris: 5

NAV's sports car, along with a multitude of dead bodies enter the tornado. No one can loot those dead warriors anymore.

(I assure you this tornado is deadlier than those results indicate.)

Strap the canoe and oars to the top of the car and start driving to the airport! While driving, begin composing some poetry on the topic of football teams and canoes.

3: It takes a bit of work, but DD props up the canoe and oars onto their new vehicle, and starts their engine. Finally they begin to drive off towards Vegas.

8+2+2+2=14: You hum a tune to yourself while driving, and think up a poem you believe will take the writing world by storm. Speaking of storms, it sure is great to be able to put that tornado behind you.

(What an odd poem this must be.)

Background roll 3: Despite emergency procedures being common knowledge for park rangers and other such staff, this sudden and unnatural disaster takes them all by surprise. Only a scant few people retain their composure and start making calls to report on the storm. Most of those on the other side of the calls find the story difficult to believe.

Spoiler: Ziizo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rautherdir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)

KIA: All currently dead warriors are in the tornado. If you want to try to loot them, be my guest.

Did I just lose the potential points for killing Ziizo? Also, I think NRDL might have picked up the Rasputin article at some point.

Unfortunately for you, you have indeed lost kill credit. Same for NAV. You both will probably gain a point or two for all the damage you did though. Who knows, maybe kill assists count this round.

As for NAV's death, they had a chance to automatically bail out this turn, but it didn't work out. Their roll cage makes it a little more difficult to leave enter the vehicle, which worked against them there.

Anyway, up until now the dice have been annoyingly kind to people survival wise this round. I slightly altered how endurance works after that absurdly deadly first round, but I may have made it a bit too generous. Then again 2 deaths this turn, so I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 06:21:58 pm by Person »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2 Turn 7: Falling Wind Rising Action
« Reply #209 on: July 14, 2017, 06:07:26 pm »

Unfortunately for you, you have indeed lost kill credit. Same for NAV. You both will probably gain a point or two for all the damage you did though. Who knows, maybe kill assists count this round.

I was mostly just hoping for the one additional point I would need to get Foreign Wiki Warrior next time. That works fine for me. My bullet is fighting on!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25