Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25

Author Topic: Wiki Wars Redux: CANCELLED  (Read 53975 times)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2 Turn 7: Falling Wind Rising Action
« Reply #210 on: July 14, 2017, 06:31:34 pm »

Get back into the car, drive away from the tornado

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 14, 2017, 08:00:54 pm »

The heroically tries to apply first aid to Ziizo.
Ziizo tries to not die.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 14, 2017, 08:38:42 pm »

I'll be going on a bit of a vacation soon, not sure internet is guaranteed. If not, I do still have mobile data.

Anyway, if this game ends up with everyone taking a road trip, what do you say I fast forward those turns? Cooldowns will still be incremented as if those turns took place, naturally.

Honestly, I probably don't need to wait for Dolosus as they're just going to keep driving to Vegas, but I'll give them a bit anyway. Will definitely update at least once before I have to go anywhere.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 09:07:14 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 14, 2017, 10:02:08 pm »

The ending I'm currently hoping for is that the tornado kills Rauth, my bullet kills Ziizo, and Dolosus wins the game by running away and never hurting anyone.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 14, 2017, 10:07:02 pm »

The ending I'm currently hoping for is that the tornado kills Rauth, my bullet kills Ziizo, and Dolosus wins the game by running away and never hurting anyone.
My tornado will likely kill Ziizo. I may have just now realized how much danger I just put myself in, so yeah: Dolusus might win this round by running away.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 14, 2017, 10:23:02 pm »

Hey, I had an idea. How about next time, if someone kills an opponent with an altered Wiki source, like Troper Time or Foreign Wiki Warrior, the killer's reward comes from the alternate source.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 10:24:58 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2 Turn 8: Road Warriors
« Reply #216 on: July 15, 2017, 12:46:39 pm »

Starting Area
Map

Get back into the car, drive away from the tornado

10: Rautherdir gets in the truck as fast as he can!

5: They drive fairly quickly despite the terrain. However, the tornado continues to loom ominously.

The heroically tries to apply first aid to Ziizo.
Ziizo tries to not die.

10: The cadet remembers the first aid training they went through vividly! Still amidst the whirling winds, they finally manage to patch up that bullet hole! If only they had better supplies.

2: Ziizo awakes. He directs the two of them to escape the tree before it is too late!

The tree is torn out of the ground and sent flying!

Luk: 8, 8

The two fall a fair bit to the ground but fortunately the landing is relatively soft!

End: 1, 7

However, Ziizo lands on his head, and is knocked out again!

Quote from: DolosusDoleus
https://youtube.com/watch?v=SRNyGDRikSw

8: The road trip continues.

Tornado time!: 10

The tornado increases in intensity. There is now no escape.

9, 7, 8
1, 8, 10

The soldiers struggle as hard as they can, but are drawn into the storm. Their deaths are relatively swift, the debris within the storm doing them in.

Ziizo is dead! Rautherdir gets this article: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MusicAtSportingEvents

6, 3

Rautherdir escapes the tornado for now. However, it looks to be headed towards him...

Spoiler: Rautherdir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)

KIA: All currently dead warriors are in the tornado. If you want to try to loot them, be my guest.

Hey, I had an idea. How about next time, if someone kills an opponent with an altered Wiki source, like Troper Time or Foreign Wiki Warrior, the killer's reward comes from the alternate source.

I like this idea. Has potential. Will have to see about implementing it. Anyway, the point shop has been modified a fair bit.

Edit: Now, Rautherdir technically has no reason to know DolosusDoleus is headed to Vegas. Regardless, would you both be okay with a bit of a time skip? I can justify it as a sort of "Finalists get notified of enemy locations" sort of deal.

Edit 2: Naturally any time skip would occur after the danger passes.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 08:08:46 pm by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 15, 2017, 01:33:29 pm »

And then there were two.
My mods and forum games.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 15, 2017, 05:37:35 pm »

Huh. I would agree with a timeskip but there is still imminent danger to me.

Get to safety and hopefully someplace that can get my arm bandaged

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 16, 2017, 08:36:23 pm »

My tornado will likely kill Ziizo. I may have just now realized how much danger I just put myself in, so yeah: Dolusus might win this round by running away.

Hooray! Cowardice is the answer after all!

Keep on trucking. Improve my poem by making it objectivist.

I'm cool with a timeskip.

((Sorry for no post; was off the grid for a little while))
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 08:41:53 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2 Turn 9: Karma?
« Reply #220 on: July 17, 2017, 05:47:03 am »

Starting Area
Map

Get to safety and hopefully someplace that can get my arm bandaged

6: The truck isn't very good at off road, but you get a little further away from the storm. You look around the truck, but don't see anything you can use. Still, you see a building you may be able to hide in. A quick glance at your rear view mirror allows you to see the lodge get ripped into the air. Well damn.

Keep on trucking. Improve my poem by making it objectivist.

6+2+2+2+2: Your poem comes out about the same quality. Somehow you suspect the quality will be regarded as lower without the right audience. You keep both poems in mind though.

(For most of the more... artistic skills, there is currently no downside to stacking all your modifiers into one shizophrenic mess/godlike piece of work. This feels rather silly, so I might have to nerf a little... Nothing too serious, might make some elements just count as +1 instead.)

TORNADO TIME!

9: The tornado intensifies. No one can ignore it anymore on account of the storm clouds basically covering all of california.

7, 2, 3: Despite the distance, the back wheels of Rautherdirs truck lift into the air!

10: The Troper bails outs and goes into an effective roll!

End 2+1: Their truck was going pretty fast, so despite their effective exit, they break their right leg on impact with the pavement!

3: They get drawn into the tornado anyway.

This was the last anyone ever saw of Rautherdir... in this world anyway. NAV's dogs were the last to injure him, so let's see what NAV gets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Gonzaga_(Rodomonte)

Ah, what a shame to see such a good article wasted. In any event...

DolosusDoleus feels their last remaining opppnent disappear from this world. All around their hybrid car, the fabric of reality begins to twist and turn. In a few short moments, their car is transported onto the road to OFC Charleville, where they see their team beginning to depart. Odd, that should have happened about a quarter of an hour ago.

Dolosus exits the vehicle and waves over to them, telling them to stop.

"What? You said you were at Yosemite Park? How did you get here so fast?"

Dolosus isn't sure what to say. This all happened so quickly and they were so busy writing poems they weren't prepared to meet their team so soon. Suddenly, they feel a odd, ethereal voice begin to speak in their mind.

"Your victory was rather... unconventional. However, it cannot be called anything else but a victory. Congratulations. You know your options. Retire in this world to do as you please, or continue to defend the title of champion. I've sent you back in time a bit, as you probably suspect. You've got 5 minutes to make your choice, technically. Might want to say something to that guy too."

Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)

(Rautherdir, I simulated your next few rolls. They were too low to escape/survive. Some things are just beyond the power of the dice. Had they been something like three 9s/10s I'd have continued, keeping those rolls.)

"Time for the scoreboard, I suppose."
Spoiler: Scores (click to show/hide)

The shop is not yet open yet, and neither are signups. As before, I'll get things finally ready after Dolosus responds.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 07:15:13 am by Person »

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 17, 2017, 09:01:03 am »

Give a big, broad smile.

"My friends, that is a very long, very interesting story. I will tell you about it later, but first I would like to do something a little special."

Turn to the assistant manager.

"I am retiring today. I plan to spend the rest of my days composing poetry and going canoeing. I hereby make you the manager of the OFC Charkeville Football Team."

Imma retire this character. Still gonna play in the next round though.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 17, 2017, 09:26:53 am »

GG, Dolosus. That was an...interesting match.
My mods and forum games.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 17, 2017, 09:32:22 am »

GG, Dolosus. That was an...interesting match.

Yeah. Who knew that in order to win, all I had to do was absolutely nothing?

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2 Epilogue: Signups Open
« Reply #224 on: July 17, 2017, 01:18:30 pm »

"Very well then. Despite making that person manager, they'll still have your loyalty."

The new manager thanks you profusely. They expect the full story later on though...

"Now then, shall we?"

DolosusDoleus imagines a place where they can focus on their more peaceful hobbies, and the moment they open their eyes, they find themself there.

"Enjoy, heheh."

SIGNUPS ARE NOW OPEN!

If you want in, now's your chance. I'll probably pick people at random this round rather than first come first serve. Also how many players I allow will be a mystery, heheh.

Wiki Points will be spendable once we have enough players.

Edit: IMPORTANT NOTE. Pick a gender for your character. If you don't, I'm gonna flip a coin. More Wiki Articles involve such things than you would expect.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 04:53:22 pm by Person »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25