Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25

Author Topic: Wiki Wars Redux: CANCELLED  (Read 53974 times)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 3 Turn 5: Road Warriors
« Reply #315 on: August 26, 2017, 09:48:52 am »

"So, what is your favorite thing to do?"

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 01, 2017, 08:16:49 pm »

Sorry about the wait, should have a turn tomorrow or the day after that at the latest. I lost some of the stuff I was working on and had irl shenanigans to deal with.

To PaPaj: Are you sure that's the best course of action? I won't stop you of course, so if you have a plan then feel free to continue doing your own thing.

To Rautherdir: Talking is basically a free action. Anything else you want to do?

Edit: Ok PaPaj. Turn just about done, all that's left is writing up Rautherdir's part.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 04:47:38 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 01, 2017, 11:56:15 pm »

@Person to be fair i dont know what to do really and that was the first thing to come in mind
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 3 Turn 6: Rising Action
« Reply #318 on: September 03, 2017, 10:07:49 pm »

Starting Location: Georgetown: Washington D.C.

(The article link is broken, and you can find it by now anyway. Let's neaten things up a little.)

Look for a large group of ANTIFA

PaPaj continues onward, and decides to start looking for Antifa members. As he walks down the street, he is approached by a seemingly ordinary man. The man begins to ask a question.

9+3v1: "Excuse me, sir. Would you happen to know where the Grand Blue Cafe is?"

As PaPaj ponders this he is caught completely off guard by the attack that occurs afterward!

Attack: 5+2+2+3+4=16

Defense: 9-2-2+1=6

With the intent of causing a fatal heart attack, this mysterious attacker fires a continuous colossal bolt of lightning! PaPaj's prized metal armor only serves to amplify the attack further, and his whole body is burnt to cinders in a matter of moments. PaPaj lacks the presence of mind to counter attack or even identify his attacker, but his screams will no doubt draw someone's attention.

PaPaj is dead!

Park in the roof of a random building then call iCall I want as many resources as the company can afford to be put into finding the location of the other warriors

5: The space ship slows to a halt atop one of the taller buildings in the city that isn't a skyscraper.

3: You call iCall and demand they put their resources to use by finding where the other Wiki Warriors are.

It doesn't go over too well. You end up stuck talking to some nobody, and it takes you ages to get transferred to someone who can actually do what you want them to do.

"Please hold, your call is very important to us."

Onward!

6+2: Your beast goes onward with renewed strength. You should arrive soon.

Estimated Arrival Time: 2 Turns. (1 turn if you roll an 8, 9, or 10.)

Tape 1 knife to the pipe, craft spear. Post on online message boards to see if the denizens of the internet can help me find the other Wiki Warriors.

10: The spear you create is a masterpiece! You were even able to sharpen the end of the pipe itself and make the grip more ergonomic. This weapon has a good bonus to hit and damage.

7-2: While you were crafting the spear, you had your reporter ally drum up support on message boards to search for Wiki Warriors. You say you're going to be reporting on them, and would like assistance. A few people in the area agree to tell you if they see anything weird, but you doubt it'll amount to much. Say, let's see how that fight against the gun store is doing!

2+2v10: Your article is resoundingly defeated by the video evidence, which includes sound! Your already sort of shabby news outlet takes a hefty hit to its honesty and reliability values. You'll need to publish some proper news (even just filler articles about trivial nonsense) if you want people to care about your newspaper again.

Get to the Old Stone House. Motorcycle road rally sport. Meet Dr Stone.

4+1: After much road rallying, you finally arrive at the Old Stone house. Luckily you find a good place to park, so you rush inside to meet with Dr. Stone.

As you head inside the building, you see a man in the corner wearing a long coat, trousers, and a fedora. A little stereotypical, but he looks to be in good shape. The man is carrying around a few sturdy boxes and bags.

"You must be NAV then. Not sure why you called me here on such short notice, but it must be important. I'll show you what I've got first though."

Artifact Quality: 7

The containers are opened and reveal a wide variety of valuable items. Most are of little offensive value, but you spy some weapons and armor. There's even a couple old flintlock guns! You doubt most of the armor will fit very well, but it should do.

"So, care to explain what this is all about?"

He has a rather skeptical look, but you can tell he's somewhat excited inwardly.

"So, what is your favorite thing to do?"

"Eh? I've always liked painting. What about you?

Spoiler: Enemy post (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ziizo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rautherdir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AoshimaMichio (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

Dead:

Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PaPaj (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 04:08:06 pm by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 03, 2017, 10:31:47 pm »

Nice shot, Fallacy.

The road goes ever on.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 04, 2017, 01:49:22 am »

Use whatever online and otherwise sources to locate a Wiki Warrior.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 04, 2017, 05:45:54 am »

Wait Until they accept my call
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 04, 2017, 11:23:11 am »

"Art, Wrestling, Flight... in a plane that is. One of my other interests is military tactics, which should be helpful since I am currently stuck in a battle with several others. Although we shouldn't have to worry about that for a while, so if you want we could go get some art supplies and find a place to do some painting?"

Assuming Nephthys accepts, find an art store and get some supplies suitable for painting. Then load up into the mail truck and find a good place to put it and the Brewster that is out of sight.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 04, 2017, 11:28:08 am »

As my spirit is leaving the body scream "Fuck you Fallacy!"
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 04, 2017, 12:59:36 pm »

((Mwahahaha.))

Spoiler: Not As Anonymous FoU (click to show/hide)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 11, 2017, 02:00:16 pm »

"The Wiki Wars. That's what this is all about. I would like your help. This is a one time chance for long lost historical knowledge and artifacts. Imagine if we get the article for an intact Antikythera mechanism, or excalibur, or rosetta stone? You're welcome to join me. If not I completely understand and wish you well."
Use +3 to drama and +3? to education to convince him. Drama to make speech dramatic and education to educate him about the wiki wars and how it can help archaeology.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 20, 2017, 11:15:16 pm »

Is this game dead?  I'm hoping not, it's been a pretty fun read.
Insert witty signature here

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 24, 2017, 07:04:36 am »

Not dead. I've had a lot going on, so I couldn't work on my games. Turn should be finished in 2-3 days or less. Probably less.

I'd wait for AO, but they've been missing awhile so I'll just auto them for now.

Edit: I was wrong. Update sometime today. The worst is over.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 03:36:56 am by Person »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 3 Turn 7: Arrival
« Reply #328 on: September 29, 2017, 08:00:23 pm »

"Art, Wrestling, Flight... in a plane that is. One of my other interests is military tactics, which should be helpful since I am currently stuck in a battle with several others. Although we shouldn't have to worry about that for a while, so if you want we could go get some art supplies and find a place to do some painting?"

Assuming Nephthys accepts, find an art store and get some supplies suitable for painting. Then load up into the mail truck and find a good place to put it and the Brewster that is out of sight.

She accepts your offer, and the two of you get into the mail truck.

2+2: You drive about the city to look for an art store. Traffic is a royal pain but you eventually arrive. You'll still need to enter and purchase supplies.

The road goes ever on.

9+2: With a strong final push, Enemy post finally arrives at the National Mall. After a long journey, they take a moment to recall their plan.

What was it again? Ah yes, they had originally headed here to sell their mercury rocks.

Use whatever online and otherwise sources to locate a Wiki Warrior.

4+3: Local news reports that some sort of medieval reenactor appears to have been fried to death with electricity. You take a moment to note the general area of his death, and decide whether to search for the killer or avoid the area for the time being.

Wait Until they accept my call

10: Miraculously, through some freak accident you are routed directly to the ceo of the company!

Spoiler: Private Conversation (click to show/hide)

As my spirit is leaving the body scream "Fuck you Fallacy!"
Spoiler: Not As Anonymous FoU (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"The Wiki Wars. That's what this is all about. I would like your help. This is a one time chance for long lost historical knowledge and artifacts. Imagine if we get the article for an intact Antikythera mechanism, or excalibur, or rosetta stone? You're welcome to join me. If not I completely understand and wish you well."
Use +3 to drama and +3? to education to convince him. Drama to make speech dramatic and education to educate him about the wiki wars and how it can help archaeology.

2+3+2+1+3v1: "When you put it like that I can hardly refuse. Just promise me that if we do get anything like that it'll go in a museum as soon as possible."

Gained Dr. Stone as an ally.

Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Auto: Hang on, what have I been doing all these turns? And why did Person not notice I was missing? Let's figure all that out.

4+3v6, 3+3v2, 10+3v4: After much ado, AO makes a tenative alliance with a local group of Neo Nazi's.

Spoiler: Enemy post (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ziizo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rautherdir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AoshimaMichio (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

Dead:

Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PaPaj (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 08:55:59 am by Person »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 3 Turn 7: Arrival
« Reply #329 on: September 29, 2017, 08:10:09 pm »

Take a quick tour of the Mall on uintatherium-back.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25