Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

Author Topic: Wiki Wars Redux: CANCELLED  (Read 52895 times)

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 1, Turn 1: It begins!
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2017, 01:41:25 am »

Look for a vantage point to observe the others fighting relatively safely.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 1, Turn 2: First Blood
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2017, 02:23:29 am »

Starting Area: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President%27s_College,_Minuwangoda

Turn Order: Mallos, Enemy post, NRDL, OceanSoul, Ziizo, Rautherdir

Look for a vantage point to observe the others fighting relatively safely.

4: Mallos looks for around for a safe place to observe the fighting, and finds a nearby bush they can hide in. They escape safely. It isn't the most comfortable spot, but they can see what's going on.

Form tentacles and armor using my beard hair. Use these to defend against initial attacks.

8: Enemy post uses his new power over hair keratin to armor his face with his beard hair. He even gets that pair of tentacles he wanted, and practices controlling them.

Attack Ziizo with the heaviest book in my inventory, bash him in the face.

2vs7: NRDL examines the pair of door stoppers they have in their possession. America in Vietnam is massive, with about 560 pages. The Dutch Medical encyclopedia has more than double that, with about 1250 pages. The medical encyclopedia probably has more immediately valuable knowledge, but when it comes to head smashing this isn't even a contest.

Having made their decision, they raise the Pharmacology guide, and try to smash it over Ziizo's head. They miss spectacularly, and the heavy tome's weight sends it flying from their hands with a massive *WHAM* when it hits the ground. The book hasn't sustained any damage. On the other hand, the concrete floor hasn't fared as well.

Attack NRDL while breakdancing

9+1vs9: Ziizo goes for a break dancing attack, spinning and jumping around! NRDL is almost able to avoid the assault, but Ziizo's Dancing expertise pulls through! NRDL has a spinning kick hit their right leg. It isn't an especially powerful attack, but Ziizo has drawn first blood!

Announce a challenge in a game of Trivial Pursuit, where the winner gets to kill the losers without resistance! A Shadow Pursuit, if you will! All those playing the game are not to be harmed by those outside the game, lest they forfeit themselves unto the harmed, and those playing the game cannot harm eachother until the game is done.

7: OceanSoul announces a challenge! Trivial Pursuit to the death! Shadow Pursuit, he calls it! He explains the rules, but doesn't receive any response.

Get into the Dallara DW12 and start it

9+2: Rautherdir dashes into their vehicle, practically vaulting into the cockpit. They've probably done this many times before. With little delay, they take the keys out of a pocket, and start up the vehicle! The engine roars in anticipation. With that, the barrier around the school fades, and the combatants are free to go anywhere they like.

Spoiler: Enemy Post (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mallos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ziizo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rautherdir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)
As of now, the barrier is down. Feel free to go wherever you like. If you want to know if something is nearby, feel free to ask. The nearest hospital will probably be relevant information, for instance. Remember that Sri Lanka is an island nation, so it'll probably be difficult to leave. However, Wiki Warriors do have a nearly universal passport, so that's a thing.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 04:57:38 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2017, 05:02:22 am »

retreat inside the College
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 10:00:58 am by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2017, 09:36:47 am »

Play Trivial Pursuit with OceanSoul.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2017, 12:35:47 pm »

Drive towards the nearest store

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2017, 12:37:55 pm »

Follow Ziizo inside the college. Swing again with the book if I can catch up.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2017, 01:01:57 pm »

Play Trivial Pursuit with Enemy Post. Ask if the people not playing are OK with us doing this. It should take a few turns.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2017, 04:26:16 pm »

Firstly, I'd like to state that articles from other wiki(like TvTropes) might be a thing in future rounds. Potentially Wiki Point related.

Secondly, believe it or not I wasn't expecting you to actually sit down and play trivial pursuit. Due to the obvious issues that running a trivia game on the internet poses, I'll run the game as follows.

First, all players will roll to determine the category of their question. I'll run two category attempts per turn per player. Note that rolling a category you've already answered correctly is possible, and is essentially a wasted turn for the game in universe. If a player lands on the hub, I'll automatically choose the best category for them that they don't have a piece of yet.

After category selection, they'll roll a die to determine if they get the question from that category right. If they have any relevant skills to that category, they'll get a bonus on the die roll.  There's also a rare chance they can get a piece of their choosing free during category selection. In the endgame, the final question needed to win the game will use that player's worst category.

If you're still okay with the luck element all that involves, don't mind me. The whole game will basically be automated, and I won't be tracking player positions on a simulated board. That'd be far too much work. Also, you'll need to tell me who goes first, as that player will have their question evaluated first, potentially giving them an advantage. It will go like this: P1 question 1, P2 question 1, P1 question 2, P2 question 2. This scales with increased player count as you might expect. Given that neither of you are likely to concede such an advantage, I'll probably roll to see who player one is.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 04:32:56 pm by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2017, 04:48:05 pm »

I'm fine with that system. I think we should roll in-universe to see who goes first.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 07:05:48 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2017, 04:37:34 am »

Leave the college campus hurriedly. Look for a weapons dealer in the local area, if there is one.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 1, Turn 3: Trivia Time?
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2017, 12:22:34 pm »

Starting Area: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President%27s_College,_Minuwangoda

Turn Order:  NRDL, Ziizo

Play Trivial Pursuit with OceanSoul.
Play Trivial Pursuit with Enemy Post. Ask if the people not playing are OK with us doing this. It should take a few turns.
(Hoo boy, here we go. What are the odds either of these two follow through and willingly die? Especially with OceanSoul's second ability...)

The two roll dice to determine who goes first, and tie. They roll again! OceanSoul wins the roll to go first!

They land on a category headquarters, getting the Arts & Literature piece for free.

7: Enemy post is given a history question, which they answer correctly.

1: OceanSoul lands on a science and nature question, and they get it wrong.

6: Enemy post also gets a question from that category, and they get it right.

OceanSoul lands on an Arts&Literature space, which is useless to them since have the piece.

Enemy post also gets a repeat space, wasting their turn.

Scores:
P1: OceanSoul: Arts&Literature
P2: Enemy Post: History, Science&Nature

(6 is the minimum roll to succeed in this sub game. In retrospect, this is going to take more than "a few turns", so I'll be making it 3 turns per player instead.)

Follow Ziizo inside the college. Swing again with the book if I can catch up.
retreat inside the College

1: NRDL is ready for action before ziizo is, but in their haste they trip over the pharmacology manual!

3: They land on their face, but their makeshift armor absorbs almost all of the damage.

4: They pry their book(and them self) off the ground, and get ready to follow in Pursuit.

3: ziizo retreats inside the college, though they stumble over NRDL's book a bit on the way. There appear to be some classes going on right now.

Leave the college campus hurriedly. Look for a weapons dealer in the local area, if there is one.
Drive towards the nearest store

Based on google maps, there are two exits, one north, and one southwest. The north exit diverges into two paths, one to the east, which doesn't go much of anywhere but eventually leads to a shopping mall. The west path here and the southeast exit both essentially lead to the same place after a bit of divergence: Ekala-kotadeniyawa road(Which is also labeled Colombo road for some reason, and I'll be calling it that because it is shorter and easier to remember). The nearest stores in this area are as follows. South is Mariyo Food, which is of course a restaurant. Further south is probably several turns of driving before anything noteworthy shows up. North on the road is Damro Showroom, an appliance store. Next to the north are a restaurant, hotel/bakery combo, no less than three different hardware stores, as well as two other grocery stores and a pharmacy before you get a choice of heading east or further north.

6: Mallos leaves the campus via the north exit, and ends up at Damro Showroom, an appliance store that specializes in home and garden items. They pass this up and continue on to Liyanage Trade Centre & Nippon Paint CCM, a hardware store. They don't see any weapon dealers, but maybe they can make their own?

(The nearest firearm store I can find to Minuwangonda(which is just a fairly small province) is halfway across the island, near the coast. Weird, as gun laws don't seem absurdly strict in Sri Lanka. Perhaps more strict than the United States, but not by all that much. They're no Britain, at any rate. If you keep looking I might generate one out of thin air, as not even google is all seeing evidently.)

9+2: Rautherdir also makes a drive to the nearest store from the north exit, Damro Showroom. Perhaps they'd like to continue driving? The store is a bit beyond their budget, probably. Maybe they can find a cheap toaster?

Spoiler: Enemy Post (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mallos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ziizo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rautherdir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 02:14:36 pm by Person »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2017, 12:39:32 pm »

Well education is important so my plan to use music to turn the students into my minions find like-minded people will have to wait.

wait for NRDL and attack him with breakdancing once he appears.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2017, 12:57:03 pm »

Continue playing Trivial Pursuit.
My mods and forum games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2017, 01:04:23 pm »

((May mau join?))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2017, 01:24:06 pm »

Drive to the pharmacy and buy a first-aid kit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25