Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Author Topic: Wiki Wars Redux: CANCELLED  (Read 52884 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 1, Turn 3: Trivia Time?
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2017, 01:42:02 pm »

((May mau join?))
Nobody new is spawning in this round. After a winner is decided, you might be able to get in the next one. Watch this space.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2017, 03:14:21 pm »

PTW

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2017, 03:31:23 pm »

Continue playing.

Ask every other wiki-warrior "Are you OK with our deal and everything?"
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2017, 04:29:25 pm »

Keep looking.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2017, 05:39:53 pm »

Attack Ziizo with my bare hands, using my basic of knowledge of medicine to apply force to his vital areas.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 1, Turn 4: Continuing education?
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2017, 10:03:52 pm »

Starting Area: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President%27s_College,_Minuwangoda

Turn Order:  Ziizo, NRDL

wait for NRDL and attack him with breakdancing once he appears.
Attack Ziizo with my bare hands, using my basic of knowledge of medicine to apply force to his vital areas.

ziizo waits patiently in ambush for the book bearing battler to arrive.

8+1v1: NRDL turns around a corner to find a whirling tempest of break dancing power! They eat a massive kick straight in their right shoulder, making a sickening CRACK that their medical expertise tells them is a broken bone.

2+2v=6: After much thought about the human body's weaknesses, NRDL goes for an attack, but misses! That knowledge doesn't help them much if they don't land a hit.

Keep looking.

5: Mallos keeps walking down the road, looking for any gun dealers in the vicinity. They take a look down a nearby alley, and think they see someone that might be selling such a thing. The legality of the sale seems questionable though.

Drive to the pharmacy and buy a first-aid kit.

2+2: After a short drive, they make their way into the police station. They leave their snake in the car for now, and walk in with the equivalent of 50 dollars.

9: A high quality kit immediately strikes their eye, and there's a pretty good deal on it too. First aid instructions, good tools, gloves, medicine application, sanitizing pads, bandages, gauze pads. Even a little bit of painkillers. This kit has everything they could have thought of, and a few things they didn't. It is a little bit bulky, but since they have a car to keep it in that's not as big of a concern as it would be for most.

They take it to the counter. "That will be 3000 rupees."

A hefty price, but they'll still have more than half their money left. The choice is up to them. Take the deal? Try to haggle a little? Look for a cheaper kit?

Continue playing Trivial Pursuit.
Continue playing.Ask every other wiki-warrior "Are you OK with our deal and everything?"

All the other warriors have taken to the streets and gone inside the college. OceanSoul's question goes unanswered.

5: OceanSoul lands on a Science and Nature question. 5: They do not get it right. 

7: Enemy post lands on a category headquarters. Their free piece is Entertainment.

3: OceanSoul gets a history question. 1+1: Despite their bonus to politics being somewhat relevant to the category, it apparently didn't help this time. 

6: Enemy post lands on Sports & Leisure. 2: Their driving bonus unfortunately isn't as relevant as they would like it to be.

7: OceanSoul gets to land of category headquarters this time, getting that pesky Sports and Leisure piece for free.

8: Enemy post lands on the Hub, choosing Arts&Literature. 5+2: Turns out their literature question was related to the bible. Well, it is an influential book after all.

Scores:
P1: OceanSoul: Arts&Literature, Sports&Leisure
P2: Enemy Post: Entertainment, History, Science&Nature, Arts&Literature

Enemy Post is pulling ahead in this contest. I think I might slow it down to 2 moves per turn now.

Spoiler: Enemy Post (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mallos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ziizo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rautherdir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)

Very sorry about the wait. Things have been very busy. From here on, things should definitely start to clear up.

PTW
You haven't made an action for Unsanity, did getting a 1 off the bat discourage you? Because trust me the damage to both you and the car is essentially superficial.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 09:58:30 pm by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2017, 10:14:20 pm »

Continue playing. Yell out loud, ""If you have any objections to our game whatsoever, speak now or forever hold your peace!"
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2017, 10:36:25 pm »

Continue to play, using my hair tentacles to move my piece.

"Hey, Arts and Literature. I could use that piece. Thank you for suggesting this less destructive outlet for our duel. Those others seem to be nearing the same end as us, but much more painfully."

*Looking over to the airport battle*

"Who do you think will die first, the one with the books or the dancer?"
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2017, 10:45:09 pm »

"Hey, Arts and Literature. I could use that piece. Thank you for suggesting this less destructive outlet for our duel. Those others seem to be nearing the same end as us, but much more painfully."

"In a way, we were the ones to die first, since we decided who went first with a d6."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2017, 10:53:48 pm »

"In a way, we were the ones to die first, since we decided who went first with a d6."

"The die is cast, I suppose."
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2017, 12:39:44 am »

Tackle this breakdancing bastard to the ground and start head butting him.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2017, 05:00:16 am »

Break my copy of young black brotha in two and stab NRDL with the pieces.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2017, 09:53:58 am »

Take the deal. Put the first aid kit into the car and drive back towards the college.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2017, 10:51:05 pm »

Proceed to purchase illegal firearms. Something small-arms and concealable, preferably.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 1, Turn 5: Oh Dear
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2017, 04:35:40 pm »

Starting Area: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President%27s_College,_Minuwangoda

Turn Order:  Ziizo, NRDL

Break my copy of young black brotha in two and stab NRDL with the pieces.
Tackle this breakdancing bastard to the ground and start head butting him.

7v1 ziizo metaphorically breaks open the cd case, then literally breaks the cd itself over their knee. The breakdancer then violently shoves the shards towards their foe's eyes. The book battler is still of balance from the last attack, and is apparently powerless to stop this one. The shards strike true. This is extremely painful for their target, and gets a lot of blood on their hands and clothes.

7-?(Blind, Extreme Pain)v5 NRDL flails wildly, trying and failing to tackle or grab their assailant. But they only grab the air, and fall to the floor.

6-3: NRDL dies from their mortal wound. Well, that was fast.

Their first new article and the first new article overall is... well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breast_physics

(I couldn't make this sort of thing up if I tried. I probably should have asked what sex people wanted their characters to be beforehand, or just assigned at random. I based it on profile info where possible, but that was 2 out of 6 players. Ah well, mistakes were made.)

Take the deal. Put the first aid kit into the car and drive back towards the college.

4: Rautherdir takes the deal, exchanging their money for the kit.

9+2: They stuff the kit into the front seat, securing themself as well as their snake. Then they make a rather uneventful but speedy drive back towards the college. They'll pull into the north entrance at the start of next turn.

Proceed to purchase illegal firearms. Something small-arms and concealable, preferably.

6: "You're one of those Wiki Warriors eh? Well, I guess I could sell to ya. Don't tell anyone about this place though."

The man in a mask and hood holds out an arm, pulling open his coat to reveal a selection of firearms. You look for something easily concealable...

8: "You want concealment? How about this sawn-off shotgun? But if you want something more conventional, I've got this pistol as well. Whatever you pick, I'll throw in some spare ammo."

He shows you the goods.

Sawn-off Shotgun 2/2: 7500 rubies.
32 Revolver 5/5: 6000 rubies.

As is, you can only afford one of these items. You note that he is obviously armed, so robbing him may not be the best plan. Unless you can wheel one heck of a deal, you're only leaving with one firearm. That'd still be one more than everyone else has of course.

"Before you even ask, I only take cash."

Continue playing. Yell out loud, ""If you have any objections to our game whatsoever, speak now or forever hold your peace!"
(Airport? Those two are inside the college. You can't see them from your location.)

OceanSoul lands on Entertainment. With their bonus to cartoons, they easily get it right.

Enemy Post lands on history again.

OceanSoul gets another chance to answer a science and nature question! It was a 50 50 decision in the end, and they just barely botch it.

Enemy post lands on entertainment again. The dice were not kind to them this turn. OceanSoul is gaining on them, and both have more than half the pieces needed to win. Enemy post's tentacle shenanigans are a bit unnerving though.

Scores:
P1: OceanSoul: Entertainment, Arts&Literature, Sports&Leisure
P2: Enemy Post: Entertainment, History, Science&Nature, Arts&Literature

Background Roll: 10

A bell tolls in the college, and students leave their classrooms. The corpse of NRDL is a rather shocking sight, and most of them begin to steer clear of the area for now. A couple are taking pictures though...

Spoiler: Enemy Post (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mallos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ziizo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rautherdir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)

The defeated: (This is here in case anyone wants their stuff.)

Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)

My condolences. Such a massive atttack/dodge difference combined with randomly targeting the head made that attack absurdly lethal. You'll get your points when this round is over.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 05:00:20 pm by Person »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25