Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25

Author Topic: Wiki Wars Redux: CANCELLED  (Read 52879 times)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 1, Turn 8: I got a shotgun!
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2017, 10:19:03 pm »

go outside behind Lahiru and use disturbing jiggle in enemy post.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2017, 12:50:57 am »

Reload shotgun. Fire at Enemy post, aiming for his legs.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2017, 07:34:29 am »

Sneak up on Mallos and nail-bat him!
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 1, Turn 9: Burning Rangers!
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2017, 02:25:43 pm »

Starting Area: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President%27s_College,_Minuwangoda

I probably don't need to keep putting that there, but it has been a reasonably handy reference/reminder for me at least. Dunno about everyone else. Anyway, this looks to be an action packed turn, so buckle your metaphorical seat belts!

Form a hair arm, use it to snatch shotgun away.
go outside behind Lahiru and use disturbing jiggle in enemy post.
Reload shotgun. Fire at Enemy post, aiming for his legs.
Sneak up on Mallos and nail-bat him!

7-2+1: Fighting through the pain, Enemy post grows himself a replacement arm out of hair where his old one used to be! This slows the bleeding slightly.

8-2+1v9: Following up that success, he lunges with his new arm, try to grab the shotgun from his Enemy! It is a brutal back and forth struggle, but Mallos is able to wrench his weapon free and start reloading it!

8-2+1=He remains conscious for now, but his injuries worsen somewhat. His morale boost wears off though.

5v8: Seeing that Mallos is occupied with his ally, OceanSoul runs around to the shotgunner's back! However, he is seen! His sneak attack becomes a regular one!

9v3: The nail bat strikes Mallos in the right leg! A bone shatters from the force of the impact! The nails embed in his leg, leaving a whole bunch of nasty little holes! OceanSoul pulls his weapon back to reclaim it, and gets ready for another strike.

8-1-1v7-2: Mallos finishes stuffing a pair of shells into his weapon just barely, and fires off both barrels as fast as he can. The weapon is pointed at Enemy post's left leg when he does! Enemy post evades most of the attack with a small sideways hop, but the pellets that do hit mangle the unarmored limb!

4-1: Mallos feels the pain in his leg grow further, but remains firm and resolute. His bleeding worsens.

7v9-2: Ziizo tries to use his new ability on Enemy post, but doesn't notice any tangible result! Men do tend to have SOME breast tissue, but it is likely only the somewhat corpulant will have enough for him to work with. The ability goes on cooldown regardless.

9v6-3:  Lahiru raises his molotov, throwing it in a perfect arc to hit Enemy post and no one else! The hairy fighter is covered in flames, and his armor only serves to fuel the flame. The heat is simply too much for his already heavily wounded body, and he collapses into a burning heap.

Enemy post is dead! OceanSoul wins Trivial Pursuit by default, and Ziizo gets another article! And here it is!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbour's_map_turtle

Ziizo feels a strange animal sensation, and sees a peculiar turtle in his mind's eye. He now has the power to change into that form and back.

Get back into my car and drive away towards the north and then towards the east.

2+2: Panting from exhaustion, Rautherdir takes this opportunity to run back to his car, get inside, and start it. It takes him awhile to orient the car correctly, but after that he is on his way east from the northern exit. Is he heading to the mall, or perhaps looking for something else?

Background Roll: 4

Business continues as usual at the college, and classes begin once more after an unusually long break. Lahiru walks back to Ziizo, and asks for his payment.

Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mallos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ziizo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rautherdir (click to show/hide)

The defeated:
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemy Post (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 05:24:14 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2017, 02:51:33 pm »

GG

Sorry OceanSoul.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2017, 03:46:41 pm »

Give Lahiru his money he earned it.
Then throw a Molotov cocktail at Mallos

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2017, 03:53:38 pm »

...I got it! Break clause breaks or undoes the terms of an agreement, in a way that favorable (presumably to me), but it doesn't say HOW the agreement is broken. However, it, as a skill, is pretty much automatically successful. Thus, I can Break Clause Ziizo's agreement with Lahiru by breaking Ziizo's skull!

If it can't work that way, Person, please tell me so I can change my action.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2017, 04:01:35 pm »

"EAT GLASS, ASSHOLE!"

Throw mirror at ziizo's face!

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2017, 04:03:21 pm »

Drive to the mall

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 1, Turn 10: More Glass, More Fire
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2017, 02:25:02 pm »

Starting Area: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President%27s_College,_Minuwangoda

Give Lahiru his money he earned it. Then throw a Molotov cocktail at Mallos
...I got it! Break clause breaks or undoes the terms of an agreement, in a way that favorable (presumably to me), but it doesn't say HOW the agreement is broken. However, it, as a skill, is pretty much automatically successful. Thus, I can Break Clause Ziizo's agreement with Lahiru by breaking Ziizo's skull!
"EAT GLASS, ASSHOLE!"Throw mirror at ziizo's face!

Ziizo starts handing the cash to Lahiru, but before they can do anything else, they are rudely interrupted!

4+4v2-1: Mallos hoists the massive mirror off his back, and throws it as hard as he can at Ziizo! This probably isn't how the tradition is meant to be performed, but it is an exceedingly effective attack nonetheless. The massive mirror shatters upon impact, sending many shards throughout his body, particularly his legs and head! The attack is very nearly fatal, but the shards mostly avoid the vital areas of his head.

4+2v4: OceanSoul has a spark of inspiration, and uses their break clause ability on the deal between Lahiru and Ziizo! The deal didn't say what happened to the money after Lahiru gets it, so there's some lee way for it to work in OceanSoul's favor! Compelled by law, Lahiru gets the rest of the money from his employer and throws it over to OceanSoul, who catches it! The Sri Lankan student isn't fully aware of what he has done until after the fact!

3-1v3-3: After a thorough economic and physical beating, Ziizo is quite annoyed! The raise their molotov cocktail, and throw it at Mallos! Damn, they forgot to actually light the fuse! Nonetheless, Mallos is completely unable to avoid the glassy projectile due to his injured leg! The bottle smashes into his upper body, breaking on impact and coating him in alcohol! The bottle itself does little in the way of damage, most of it being absorbed by his opponent's clothes. Well at least if he's lit on fire later on he'll be a bit more flammable.

4v1-3: Lahiru follows up by throwing their last molotov at Mallos as well! Perhaps he's hoping for more payment? Anyway, Mallos fails to avoid the second bottle as well, and it impacts into his left leg! A couple glass shards embed themselves in the body part, but more importantly, Mallos is engulfed in flame!

7-3: Mallos has his injuries get worse as the fire burns away at his body. He's still alive though, if only barely.

Drive to the mall

6+2: Rautherdir drives east down Ellangala road at a decent pace in his sports car, reaching an a 3 way intersection that heads north and south. The signage points to there being a mall to the south, so they head that way. On the way, they pass by a guest house. Finally, he arrives at Sujeewa Stores, a small shopping mall. He should be able to find a variety of items for sale here. What does he want to look for?

Background Roll: 6

Nothing much happens.

Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mallos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ziizo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rautherdir (click to show/hide)

The defeated:
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemy Post (click to show/hide)

The break clause did operate in a favorable manner to you OceanSoul. As such, I let it through without notifying you to change your action. Sorry, but I'm not allowing it to be immediately fatal like that. On the bright side, your monetary supply just tripled, which is probably a greater benefit than anything else you could have done. I probably should have given the ability a shorter cool down, especially considering that this game probably won't last another 10 turns.

As an aside, I'm starting to think my dice hate people's legs. A bit worrying, considering dice are well known as a caltrop like hazard. Also, glass is probably the most lethal weapon in this game as of yet. How odd.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2017, 02:59:42 pm »

use last Molotov on ocean soul.

Then turn turtle and hide in the grass.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 04:20:20 pm by ziizo »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2017, 03:13:06 pm »

Even thought the skill didn't work the way I intended, I still sorta expected to spend part of the turn trying to bash Ziizo. Oh well. Can I use christianity + political cartoons to be unaffected by the Molotov, by logic of being a good Christian that ignores the influence of alcohol via conscious will and virtue while those around me consume themselves in flame amid the Prohibition?

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2017, 04:09:29 pm »

Choke ziizo. The flames should add extra damage if I manage to strangle him too, right?

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2017, 04:21:28 pm »

You can try. Might not work though. You'll probably be able to fight while doing so. Also yeah abilities tend to be fairly time consuming. On the bright side, you're still relatively unharmed, unlike every other player in the area. I'd have just had you fight normally instead of use the ability if people were actively attacking you.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2017, 05:11:10 pm »

Look for binoculars and a knife in the store.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25