Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25

Author Topic: Wiki Wars Redux: CANCELLED  (Read 53963 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2 Turn 2: Shot to the heart, and ATHs too late
« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2017, 04:55:27 pm »

Sorry, thought I posted.

Order my dogs to change target to NRDL, and tackle him.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2 Turn 2 More fire, more fighting
« Reply #166 on: June 14, 2017, 01:33:45 pm »

Starting Area
Map

GAAAAAZEELLLEE PUUUUUNCCHH!
Soccer kick OceanSoul in the face now that he's on the ground.
Escape, if able to. Specifically, into a well-forested area. Summon Imps to protect myself from NRDL. Point out how he'll probably die from the flames, regardless of whether he kills me or not.
Order my dogs to change target to NRDL, and tackle him.
Push the dogs back with a burst of wind, continue to my truck and then drive down the road.

NAV: 10+1
NRDL: 10-1+1
OceanSoul: 10-2
Rautherdir: 8

NAV is unsure of where that other guy went, so they change targets. The footballer calls the dogs to heel, and directs them towards NRDL!

8: They respond quite well, and charge the burning boxer!

5v5-1+1: NRDL barely sidesteps the first mutt!

2v6: The second takes a flying leap at him fangs bared, and he ducks underneath!

3+3v7: He tries to land a hit as it passes, but misses the punch!

Despite the addition of a new combatant to this skirmish NRDL remains firm in his plan, making a strong kick towards OceanSoul's noggin!

6+3-1v8-1: OceanSoul is still trying to get up after his last attack, and isn't ready for another! The kick lands, but OceanSoul is able to absorb most of the impact! Nonetheless, he is sent rolling a few feet, landing on his back!

4: NRDL's injuries worsen due to fire!
8-3: Against all odds, OceanSoul remains concious!

4-2: OceanSoul can't even get to his feet to run away!

5-1: Instead, he summons a pair of fire imps to try and buy time and catch his breath!

The small red demons get to work right away, each launching a small fireball at NRDL!

3v4-1: The first only grazes him, adding a bit more fuel to the demonic fire that surrounds him!
9v5-1: The second strikes true, slamming into his upper body! The attack craters into his chest, and he feels even his insides start to burn! He won't be able to take much more of this.

8: Rautherdir sees all this, and decides to get the hell out of dodge, and instead runs TO a dodge! The dodge he runs to being his loudspeaker truck of course.

With the dogs no longer in pursuit, he has no need to use his wind powers to defend himself. As such, he keeps the wind at his back throughout the journey, and makes it to the truck in no time at all.

The troper takes out his keys and readies the truck for action! What will he do next? That arm of his has certainly taken some damage...

Make a quick salute to honor the death of a fellow Navy officer then rip pieces of Enemy Post uniform and try to bandage my chest with it.
The cadet will run towards DolosusDoleus and throw the grenade inside his canoe
Quickly untie the kayak so that it drifts off into the river and becomes unretrievable from land. Then, hop in the canoe and begin paddling for the nearest park rangers' office. There shoud probably be one near a campsite.

Ziizo 4+1:
Soldier: 3
DD 5+1:

5: Ziizo instructs the cadet to find DD and blow up their canoe! The soldier starts to run to the Merced River, but they probably won't reach in time at their current pace.

2: Meanwhile, Ziizo tries to tear up his enemy's uniform to make a bandage with, but apparently military uniforms are made of sterner stuff! He struggles fruitlessly, only making useless tiny scraps!

(Note: DolosusDoleus only saw your kayak because they rolled extremely well on their travel roll, and then passed another extra roll to do so. Sorry if this feels unfair in any way.)

5: DolosusDoleus rushes to the kayak, knowing it probably belongs to an enemy! The mercantile warrior quickly unties the canoe, and kicks it into the river for good measure. This river isn't the most rapid, but the owner will have to go for a swim if they want it back!

1+2: With that, they also untie their own canoe, and start rowing north toward the nearby Leconte Memorial Lodge. In their haste, they nearly tip over, but their experience allows them to correct for this. They lose some distance as a result, however.

Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rautherdir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ziizo (click to show/hide)

KIA:

Spoiler: Enemy post (click to show/hide)

MIA:

Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 07:41:00 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2 Turn 3 More fire, more fighting
« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2017, 02:48:41 pm »

Quickly Kayak to the memoriaL lodge, enter, and attempt to make a call to the manager of the OFC Charkeville Football team.

If I can make the call, request that the team get to the park as fast as humanly possible.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2017, 03:20:03 pm »

Tackle and pin Oceansoul, since he's not on fire. Order one dog to go for the kill on him while the other savages NRDL.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2017, 04:14:02 pm »

Retreat, put out fire, if at all possible by smothering any attacking dogs with my body.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 14, 2017, 04:24:54 pm »

throw a water bottle in NRDL direction and keep trying to make bandages.
If the cadet cannot shoot Dolosus he is to come back.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 14, 2017, 04:53:15 pm »

((As much as I don't want to die, it would be hilarious if that water bottle hits me on the head and kills me :P ))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2017, 12:18:47 am »

Drive the truck down the road.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 16, 2017, 07:10:52 am »

My imps take on NAV and his hound, preferably with fireballs, while I take the chance to get away into the woods.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2 Turn 2 More fire, more fighting
« Reply #174 on: June 16, 2017, 08:04:44 pm »

I sort of started this game on turn 2 by mistake apparently. That arrival "turn" wasn't supposed to count. This doesn't change much. Anyway, the next will be up soon.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2 Turn 3: Another one bites the dust.
« Reply #175 on: June 16, 2017, 09:32:01 pm »

ATH probably isn't coming back, and no one replaced them. Just gonna have to disqualify that slot. I may reuse those articles next game to save me some time, though I'll probably shuffle them around a bit first.

Note: The nearest road, and the one that I put all the non water vehicles on is glacier point road. This is a very long, winding road that takes awhile to go much of anywhere. Running out of gas may be a serious concern.

Starting Area
Map

Quickly Kayak to the memorial lodge, enter, and attempt to make a call to the manager of the OFC Charleville Football team.
If I can make the call, request that the team get to the park as fast as humanly possible.

You: 5+1
Ziizo's Soldier: 5

A military man nears the river and spots you making your getaway. He looks like Ziizo's cadet to you. By the time he arrives, you are simply too far away to attack. The soldier notes that the kayak is drifting south, while you travel north. He swears, though you aren't quite sure which words he used over the sound of the river.

7+2+1: You canoe at great speed up the Merced River! On your way, you pass under Happy Isles Bridge, zip by Upper Pines Campground, and continue on through Royal Arch creek. After a bit more paddling, the lodge is well within your sight!  You tie your canoe on the riverside once more, as you'll have to walk the rest of the way. Fortunately, you're only somewhat winded.

3+1: Ziizo's cadet leaps into the river, and begins swimming after the kayak. He reaches it, and barely manages to get aboard. He doesn't reach the shore yet. 

Tackle and pin Oceansoul, since he's not on fire. Order one dog to go for the kill on him while the other savages NRDL.
Retreat, put out fire, if at all possible by smothering any attacking dogs with my body.
My imps take on NAV and his hound, preferably with fireballs, while I take the chance to get away into the woods.
throw a water bottle in NRDL direction and keep trying to make bandages.
If the cadet cannot shoot Dolosus he is to come back.

NAV: 10+1=11
NRDL: 4-2+1=3
OceanSoul: 4-2=2
Ziizo: 9=9

3: NAV continues to order his dogs. The reception is somewhat lukewarm this time, but they obey him nonetheless.

10+3v1-2(Difference of 14): Meanwhile, NAV refuses to let OceanSoul escape! The demonoid man is too dazed to avoid the huge tackle, and his whole upper body crushes under the force of the footballer's skills! OceanSoul feels his whole upper body caved in! NAV pushes himself off, making OceanSoul think he has a chance to get up and make an escape!

7v2-2: However, NAV's fighting dog arrives and tears open his throat, killing him for good! 

NAV gains a new article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_E._Davis

3v9-2: The other fighting dog launches an attack on NRDL, but he makes himself appear as menacing as he can, and slowly approaches the canine! The dog flinches back at the muscle bound burning boxer, and doesn't follow through out of fear.

Ziizo decides to throw a water bottle at NRDL! He doesn't exactly have a waterbottle, but his military uniform certainly has a canteen attatched to the hip! His foe has one too, and both are full of water!

2: Ziizo tosses Enemy post's canteen at NRDL, but their throw is extremely weak, and the canteen clatters to the ground nearby.

1-1(These rolls are STUPID): Ziizo keeps trying to make bandages, but his chest injury worsens! Blood gets everywhere, and his wet hands further mangle his foe's uniform!

Endurance 1-1(Oh come on! Why is everybody basically made of paper mache this round? Is this battle even going to take 10 turns?): Ziizo feels faint! They're going to pass out from blood loss soon unless something good happens.

Unfortunately, the cadet is too busy securing the Kayak. South of the merced river eventually leads to a waterfall. I probably should have mentioned that sooner, but I didn't know until now. I've gathered a LOT of data from google maps. Anyway, he should return next turn, provided he makes it to shore quickly enough.

6v9: NRDL lunges at the retreating dog, but is unable to grab a hold of it! He resorts to the old standby of stop drop and roll!

7-2: And roll he does! The fire greatly lessens. Most of his injuries cauterize. He takes this chance to pick up the water canteen.

7: His wounds heal ever so slightly. He'll probably need outside help to get back to good condirion though.

OceanSoul is dead, but his fire imps still walk the earth!

1v8: One tries to shoot NAV, but fails to do more than make sparks!

6v1: The other gleefully ignites the hound that is tearing away at OceanSoul's flesh!

Drive the truck down the road.

2:-1 You drive down glacier point road, but have trouble maneuvering such a heavy vehicle. The vehicle is jarred violently as it passes over a large nearby rock!

7-1: The truck goes off road, but you pull it back on before anything particularly bad happens. The impact isn't particularly damaging to the vehicle, but it aggravates your arm wound!

Very light damage inflicted to loudspeaker truck.

Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rautherdir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ziizo (click to show/hide)

KIA:

Spoiler: Enemy post (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)

Those initiative rolls definitely didn't help, and extremely low dodge rolls didn't do you any favors either. Such is RTD. Next round, I may go to a d8 system to lower the amount of absurd attack/dodge rolls that seem to have happened so often in both rounds of this game. I'll probably modify the initiative system too, as I'm rather unsatisfied with it.

Spoiler: Champion OceanSoul (click to show/hide)

Note: If someone gets a vehicle, I roll to see how skilled they are with it. Both car owners rolled "no skill", which is rather unlikely. The canoe and kayak owners got better rolls.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 07:40:40 pm by Person »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 16, 2017, 09:42:07 pm »

Screw medicine today I die with glory.
Launch a burst of wind to NAV then charge at NRDL with intention of engaging in a boxing match with him.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 16, 2017, 09:50:43 pm »

IT IS ON MOTHERTRUCKER!

Use my slick feet to outmanoeuvre Ziizo, jabbing at his face while avoiding any punches myself.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 16, 2017, 09:58:37 pm »

If Ziizo bleeds out from the gunshot wound I gave him, do I still get credit?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 16, 2017, 10:25:02 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25