Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to "Pick a god and pray!"?  (Read 3424 times)

Cyberkirby

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
How to "Pick a god and pray!"?
« on: April 26, 2017, 09:50:25 am »

Am I missing something? I've tried everything on the speaking menu and talking to the god my character worships, but the 'pray to <deity>' thing still reads "Unfocused". Is there a command i'm unaware of?

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to "Pick a god and pray!"?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 09:53:59 am »

Pretty sure that stuff will come into play as magic starts being introduced.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 10:54:58 am »

It works for me. K-> Sabu Virtusearch then I talk to the voice in my head and that makes me happy. Who is your god exactly? Do you worship a dragon or something maybe?

If nothing else works, have one of your friend convince you that you would indeed be talking to the voice inside your head and be converted to atheism

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 06:49:57 pm »

Are you a member of an elven civilization? If so, you can't pray. If your deity isn't listed on the talk menu, you're out of luck.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 04:27:45 pm »

Elves have a natural force, which they commune with by shitting under the Home Tree.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 04:45:28 pm »

Is this actually on the bug tracker anywhere? Can't seem to find it.
I know it's part of the bigger 'adventurers can't meet all their needs yet' issue, which can only be solved by further development of Adventurer, but it seems like this bit could be addressed (don't give races without Gods a need to pray, or give elves the ability to choose their force to pray to).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 06:41:04 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 10:19:01 pm »

I don't understand either. What  "'pray to <deity>' thing" exactly, is a deity specified there?

The dfstructure has this label for the need:
Code: [Select]
<enum-item name='PrayOrMedidate'/>  Maybe there's some location to meditate? Get away from a settlement and see if the option appears. If not, try making a site with a temple zone designated. And if that doesn't work, I believe there's a way to get converted at a temple.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 12:46:12 am »

I'm pretty sure praying to forces (or whatever it is elves do for spiritual well-being) hasn't been implemented yet. So 'pray' for them is just another need that can't be fulfilled yet (like make romance, etc). Easily bypassed using the custom setup of course but slightly annoying to even have it exist for characters without gods at all.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 05:25:42 pm »

I don't understand either. What  "'pray to <deity>' thing" exactly, is a deity specified there?
Yes, the name of the force is specified in the need.

The dfstructure has this label for the need:
Code: [Select]
<enum-item name='PrayOrMedidate'/>  Maybe there's some location to meditate? Get away from a settlement and see if the option appears. If not, try making a site with a temple zone designated. And if that doesn't work, I believe there's a way to get converted at a temple.
I did try a temple at a human city but the option didn't appear and the head priest who was always at the temple said he didn't work there, so I couldn't convert. I didn't think to try creating my own site temple.

Is this actually on the bug tracker anywhere?
Not that I'm aware of. Not sure the priest saying he doesn't work there is either, though there's similar I think.

Later I'll check if I still have that world backed up.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.