Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Zerthel Zentol OOC  (Read 9269 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Zerthel Zentol OOC
« on: April 26, 2017, 05:40:41 pm »

DO NOT LOOK AT THIS OOC IF YOU ARE NOT PART OF ZZ CABAL AND YOU PLAY THIS GAME. If you're not part of the game, feel free.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Zerthel Zentol OOC
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 05:49:55 pm »

ZZ material counter:

Invokers

syvarus:
   Shrink (d6)

Toaster:
   Light (d8)
   Gas (d8)

GentleFish:
   Chemical (d10)

Gut-Readers

MidnightJaguar:
   Demon

The Lupanian:
   Rope

Flesh Scrolls

Egan_BW:
   Fungus
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 04:13:00 am by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 05:52:10 pm »

((Want that image in your sig?  Show the forum your team pride?  Check below!))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Current goals are pretty simple; we're trying to gain information about our surroundings, and get a feel for what's happening in the world around us.  Slightly more long-term, we want to get our hunters hunting rare beasts--there's one in particular that's around, which is apparently very dangerous and very rare--while our more talky members build influence in town.  Ideally, we should end up in control of Zaffre, preferably without alienating the populace.

Analysis of our peers: Who's a threat and why?

Spoiler: Zerthel Zentol (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FIST (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fountain of Skulls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rejinheri Company (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Indeps (click to show/hide)

Information Repository

Various questions about game mechanics which might influence decisions will be stored here.  We should also mirror the safer info in the main thread's third post, so people are referencing a Zerthel Zentol resource.  It's great to be seen as the friendly neighborhood cult that just wants to help.

Spoiler: Flesh Scroll info (click to show/hide)

A lot of discussion tends to go on in IRC, generally in the evenings (~2100-0200 EDT).  I try and save all the important stuff in the information repository above, and either post or PM about discussed topics, but it's a good place to go if you want to hash something out quickly.

IRC: darkmyst.org #zerthelzentol    #EinsteinianRoulette is also frequented by Piecewise and some Cabal players.  Here's a mibbit webchat link to our channel.

Map Analysis

I swear, I'll do this eventually.  There's some stuff that needs to be written down about the map, and a plaintext list of cities would be great for searching through.  For now, though, I've been procrastinating about placing our base's location in this thread.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 05:54:24 pm »

ptw
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 05:57:14 pm »

PTW
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 08:45:29 pm »

My material is Rope

I think we should have faith in the honor system, without it the game kinda falls apart, I also think that trying to keep everything in one thread would make keeping up with it simpler.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 09:18:33 pm »

So, I've got an idea for a spell we could try to do, we could combine demon and rope to make a net that can crawl around and ensnare things for us hunters and Gutreaders to then do our thing.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 09:30:18 pm »

That probably counts as summoning a creature servant, so rolls using Will. Which neither of you guys have in abundance. Could probably do a spell to fire a net forward using Speed though.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2017, 09:42:01 pm »

That probably counts as summoning a creature servant, so rolls using Will. Which neither of you guys have in abundance. Could probably do a spell to fire a net forward using Speed though.

I could set it as a trap, since Sense is my second highest stat

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2017, 11:48:18 pm »

A symbol small enough to fit in you sig, if you wish.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 03:57:29 am »

I added an "analysis of our peers" section to the third post, I intend to keep it updated as new recruits show up.  It'll probably change into a different form once the game gets going, as we can't see how people level up, and will thus have to rely on "they probably did this/would be most threatening if they did this" guessing games.  Right now though, we have a lot of useful information available.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2017, 04:09:04 am »

Do you think it would be possible for us to keep things secret from members of our own Cabal? It would definitely be risky, but I'm asking if you think it would be possible.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2017, 04:43:08 am »

No, not really.  All actions are revealed in spoilers that we all can read.  While we might be able to get PW to PM results, I highly doubt he'd give both a PM result and a fake result to fool our ally into thinking everything's normal.  Beyond that, hiding information from allies is simply a very bad idea.  Not only does it foster resentment in a cabal that's supposed to be about close teamwork, it's very likely to fail at some point, with disastrous consequences.  This does provide a danger, in the form of enemy spies, but I'm hoping that our more in-depth recruitment (and perhaps our warmer disposition) will prevent any from joining AND remaining disloyal.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2017, 04:52:13 am »

No, not really.  All actions are revealed in spoilers that we all can read.  While we might be able to get PW to PM results, I highly doubt he'd give both a PM result and a fake result to fool our ally into thinking everything's normal.  Beyond that, hiding information from allies is simply a very bad idea.  Not only does it foster resentment in a cabal that's supposed to be about close teamwork, it's very likely to fail at some point, with disastrous consequences.  This does provide a danger, in the form of enemy spies, but I'm hoping that our more in-depth recruitment (and perhaps our warmer disposition) will prevent any from joining AND remaining disloyal.
I'm not in any way suggesting a strategy, I'm simply curious about the limits of the mechanics. I totally agree that it's a bad idea.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2017, 10:49:22 am »

One other plus about worgen. We can probably use his statues for trade if we run low on money.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4