Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Zerthel Zentol OOC  (Read 9265 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Zerthel Zentol OOC
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2017, 02:38:17 pm »

Got a join request from Gentlefish. Check your inboxes.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2017, 07:25:06 pm »

Reposting updated character sheet for PTW.

Spoiler: Thrakor (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2017, 10:02:23 pm »

[22:59] <syv> (syv) Can an alchemist/sculptor eat their sculptures after learning the material, with no loss?  Or is the knowledge tied to the sculpture?
[22:59] <syv> (Piecewise) They can melt it, but doing so means they can't then share the knowledge that sculpture contains
[22:59] <syv> (Piecewise) So if they don't wanna share, its fine
[23:00] <syv> (syv) Is a sculpture worth more thaum than its constituent parts?
[23:00] <syv> (Piecewise) Yes
[23:00] <syv> (Piecewise) Mostly because a lot of parts for it will not be that valuable
[23:00] <syv> (Piecewise) Just hard to get and very specific
[23:00] <syv> (syv) Do sculptures have a decent chance of being practical and useful in and of themselves?  Like a weapon, or a special tool?
[23:00] <syv> (Piecewise) Eh...depends on definition of "Decent"
[23:00] <syv> (Piecewise) Don't bet on it
[23:00] <syv> (Piecewise) but its not impossible
[23:00] <syv> (Piecewise) Think of it like dwarf fortress artifacts
[23:00] <syv> (Piecewise) might get a weapon
[23:00] <syv> (Piecewise) probably gonna get a really nice sock
[23:00] <syv> (syv) Okay.  Thanks.
[23:00] <syv> (syv) I feel more and more uncomfortable with FIST's trio of sculptors, and alchemist.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2017, 10:58:36 pm »

Breaking news:  While talking about rumors with Beirus in IRC, he said he liked the beast hunting one the most, if he could get there.  Earlier, Piecewise had laughed when we were talking about the possibility of FIST and Zerthel Zentol clashed--both Beirus and ER said they had gotten the feeling that laugh meant both teams had started on top of each other.  Later on, after both these events, Piecewise said that "You guys are literally in one already" in reference to a rumor, seemingly (but not definitely) referring to FIST.

This may or may not be nothing, but it's good to be ready for the possibility.  An early engagemdnt with FIST would be bad, and we would be pretty much guaranteed to lose some people, though I doubt we'd lose entirely.  We should stay attentive for warning signs of their presence.

Prepostedit: Piecewise said in PM that he was indeed talking about us when he said that we were right on top of a quest.  He also said that they didn't know he was talking about us... but said he was not talking about them.  Which either means that they can easily figure it out by realizing they aren't on top of a rumor themselves, or that they are on top of a rumor and he could have been talking about them but wasn't.  Either way, one team has been told that the other is on top of a rumor right now--hopefully Beirus doesn't take note and tell FIST this fact.

Edit:  Toaster has said multiple times that he thinks Derm would start near the Artifacter Grave, because PW talked it up around Derm.  One of the quests is in Fearce, right on top of said Artifacter Grave.  In a world benevolent only to us, that's where Derm is--but we can't really act on this anytime soon, and possibly might never get value.  Derm has stated many times that he wants to have a traveling Cabal, unlike our strategy of sitting and fortifying.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2017, 03:20:04 pm »

My elements are indeed:

Gas d8
Light d8

To clarify, that's Gas as in phase of matter and Light as in bright light, not opposite of heavy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2017, 05:26:25 pm »

Posting in to be part of the group. Hooray!

I'm just gonna plop myself in there all quiet like and take a turn to orient. See what material I get.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2017, 02:30:15 pm »

Wow I am happy with Chemical as a material.

Time to invoke FOOF upon my opponent's skins, or cyanide within their airspace.

This could be fun, especially considering it's d10.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2017, 02:46:26 pm »

You can also make us things like steel for armor and stuff like that.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2017, 03:00:40 pm »

I can't do steel; it's a complex compound of carbon and iron, both of which are pure elements. I could do iron oxide for raw materials, though. And sugar, I can make all the sugar and caffeine and... Hm.

This might get a little ridiculous.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2017, 03:22:44 pm »

Chemical is a hilariously broad category, yes.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2017, 05:03:04 pm »

Now I just need a thing to drain the mana from. Maybe if someone (the NPC hunters) is about to die I can pretend to save them. And drain their mana.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2017, 03:41:52 am »

I don't think you can drain mana from anyone who doesn't already have mana, and the hunters are likely mundane.  Might be good to ask them about mages or something, maybe they have one present, though they might get very difficult if they learn about us being mages.

Anyway, a friend of mine (Nikitian) recently contacted me and asked about joining the cabal, as he likes the game but doesn't want to play against me.  I told him that we'd decided to stop recruiting for now, but he requested that I bring the topic up anyway; there's no harm in asking, so even if it's very unlikely you guys would accept a seventh I might as well.  Any opinions?

He also brought up possibly acting as a spy for Zerthel Zentol, or even just a half-aligned independant.  I'm honestly not even sure if the former is allowed, and even if it is I'm not certain I want to go there, but it is something he brought up, and I trust him far more than I would most spies.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2017, 07:11:19 am »

Quite the response I got there, simply an avalanch of opinion.  :P

Due to statements given in IRC, I turned Nik down, but told him he could still be affiliated with Zerthel Zentol, more as a sleeper than a member.  Not sure what he'll want to do--maybe act as an advance scout in another area, so we know what it's like before visiting.  Maybe he'll want to join another team and be the mole.  Dunno, I'll see when he responds.

In related news, I contacted Radio Controlled and discussed having him as a contact--essentially, just see if he'd be willing to tell us about interesting happenings in his area, and possibly alert us to any local Cabal.  He... tacitly agreed, saying he was fine with working with a cabal full of old ER-people, but also disliking the magic beaming of information to people he'd never met in-game.  He said he started in the NorthEast, going after the tablet quest; I did tell him that we weren't anywhere near that location, but didn't give specifics.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2017, 10:50:27 am »

Is there anything specific I should be focusing on rather than surveying the area?  I'm cool with that, but I also want to be useful.  Next thing would be the plains.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2017, 08:46:10 pm »

Not really.  Surveying the local wilderness might be useful, and it's not a waste of time.  Another option would be to head into town and figure out who has power, as if we want to gain control we'll have to either join or usurp them.  That's my next goal after I'm done gathering info for our hunters, but I certainly wouldn't be unhappy if it gets done before then.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4