Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Zerthel Zentol OOC  (Read 9195 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Zerthel Zentol OOC
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2017, 08:51:50 pm »

I'm intentionally avoiding the town for now; we probably don't want to let on just how many of us there are as of yet.  I'll check out the plains.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2017, 10:53:07 pm »

So, the Tree Shadow is either one of several local gorilla beasts, a rock slime, or a powerful mind controller/illusionist.  Probably the last because that's how stories work.

This presents something of a problem.  Both our hunters have fairly low will, at d4 and d6.  Alternatively, Predator Saints might use illusions to confuse people, hence the use of 'trick', in which case sense is more needed than will, and both our hunters have good will sense, at d8 and d10.  Either way, the Alkahest hunters are likely just a liability if the Tree Shadow is a Predator Saint, and likely unnecessary if it's another gorilla creature. 

I'm not sure whether we're magically beaming information, but if we are, someone should ask the hunters what the merchants reported happening.  If they just disappeared or something, that sounds like a Predator Saint, but if they were brutally killed and their stuff smashed, that sounds like a much simpler gorilla.  If we can get confirmation that we aren't hunting a normal creature, then our hunters would do best to split up and hunt alone.  Numbers are unnecessary against a creature that "never raises a hand to do any killing personally."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2017, 02:48:27 am »

Gentlefish, Lupanian, and Midnightjaguar are the three people who were going to hunt it.  I'm not sure you're all paying attention to the thread, but you might want to discuss tactics

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2017, 01:41:44 pm »

Sorry; got behind.  Anyway, still surveying area.  This fortress might be a bigger city we can think about in the future.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2017, 11:47:53 pm »

Lots of opportunity to cause mischief locally.  Also interesting events abroad.  I'll probably just keep my eye on this group.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2017, 02:54:54 am »

Spoiler: Toaster sighting! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: My local plans (click to show/hide)

Edit: First Spoiler.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2017, 05:44:24 pm »

Hmm. Devastator has informed me that he's joined Cabal. In seemingly total secrecy, via PMs. Nothing to do about this, but, you know, worth knowing.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2017, 09:41:17 pm »

I had actually been talking with him about it a few days ago, helped him set up his build.  Assuming he wasn't being manipulative--which seems to be the case--he's an invoker/empath who started with two words, and with a fairly rounded skillset.  Possibly low sense, as he specifically said he wanted to avoid illusions in Cabal.  He also looked at the very beginning of ZZ OOC, and knows we have chemical and gas (plus our other words, if he was paying attention; he only mentioned those two).  That last bit is something of my fault, as I was intentionally tempting him to look at our thread, pointing out that if he looked at it he'd be obligated to never oppose us due to the rules of the game.  I should probably PM PW the screenshots I took, to make sure Dev respects that fact, or at least can't make use of the knowledge. :\

For those unfamiliar with him, I consider Dev extremely dangerous, moreso than FIST if he decides to fight us.  FIST is statistically far stronger than any individual of course, but they're also straightforward and non subtle; Dev is very clever, and is very good at making use of asymmetrical situations.  He could impersonate an NPC and milk that for all it's worth.  He has said many times that he doesn't really intend to focus on PvP, and doesn't think he'd fight with us... but considering the nature of the game and the danger inherent to him, I fully intend to treat him as potentially hostile until proven otherwise.  Just be careful of all seemingly-NPC wizards, especially if they're invokers.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2017, 08:32:53 pm »

Piecewise responded to my PM, and elected to volunteer information that I should not possess and did not request. :\

Alright, if he ever uses that inappropriately, I'll get the ruler out and start whacking knuckles. Though he seems to be perfectly happy as he is now, being a wandering magical girl healing the sick.

Guess that means Dev has a female character.  So, male NPCs are safer.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2017, 09:37:45 pm »

[22:32] <adwarf__> on that note, dev
[22:32] <adwarf__> I'll PM the thing, it is a spoil
[22:32] <ER> send it me
[22:32] <ER> >:|
[22:33] <adwarf__> you'll realize it soon enough :V
[22:33] <Devastator> it's got to do with our secret cabal actions.
[22:33] <ER> bsh
[22:33] <adwarf__> yeah, me and dev are plotting over here

So, Dev and adwarf are scheming together. This does not seem like good news.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2017, 10:19:14 am »

Piecewise responded to my PM, and elected to volunteer information that I should not possess and did not request. :\

Alright, if he ever uses that inappropriately, I'll get the ruler out and start whacking knuckles. Though he seems to be perfectly happy as he is now, being a wandering magical girl healing the sick.

Guess that means Dev has a female character.  So, male NPCs are safer.
The question is: Did I tell the truth? Or am I feeding you false info because I think a paranoid war is more interesting?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2017, 12:05:58 pm »

You're too lazy to do that.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2017, 08:51:43 am »

You may want to prepare a cover story, perhaps even posting it in advance so that you look like an NPC, speaking immediately upon being spoken to.

I knew it... Well, Toaster, it's probably best to try and make a cover story now, something general so that PW can write your speech like an NPC.  Since you already won't have answered immediately this turn, you might also want to come up with some reasoning why you didn't; maybe play a very timid NPC who just froze upon being yelled at, and took a little while to get sorted and respond.

...Or you could just try to attack them point-blank with magic.  That would be a horrible idea if you don't get surprise, thus meaning Derm can counter with his d12 punches, and likely wouldn't turn out well even if you did, since you're outnumbered... but it is an option, I suppose.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2017, 09:13:06 pm »

Far from ideal, but it'll have to do.  Again, still not convinced this is a PC.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4