Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: The Age of Fire: Rekindled (OOC/Applications)  (Read 6807 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: The Age of Fire: Rekindled (OOC/Applications)
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2017, 10:21:46 am »

PTW ancd apply, assuming it isn't full already.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2017, 10:57:32 am »

We still have space. Also:
New Mechanic!

The Brokers: Everybody wants something. More power, more information, more... just about anything really.  And the Brokers are the ones who get you more... for a price. At the end of each turn,   if any  God needs or wants something, they can contact the Brokers, who then enter a trade. The  God then trades one of their "assets" for whatever  they want.  However, the item offered up in return must be  150% more (decided by me) than the accepted item. For instance, if a God wanted 50,000 dollars (practically nothing to the Brokers), they  will have to ward an area in exchange. Furthermore, any items traded by the Gods to the Brokers can be obtained by other Gods.  Be careful…

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2017, 01:19:53 pm »

IC section is coming in a couple hours. You can still apply, you'd just be coming in a little later in the game.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2017, 01:22:46 pm »

I'll likely get my example act in in a few hours myself.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2017, 02:16:41 pm »

Morning, guess I should put my sheet in now huh.

Name: Alex smith
Backstory: before all this started Alex was just a normal guy. Though physically he was always holed up in his room, him mind wandered the multiverse as he day dreamed, drew sketches, read books, and played games with friends and strangers alike online. Always immersed in another world, no one ever really could tell what he was thinking, but they knew he was smart. And they knew his head was full of ideas and dreams. At times people would ask him to sketch something for them and were pleased with the results. Eventually of course he had to get a job. So he picked up web design, getting payed to develop web pages for local companies, he would sketch designs on paper for free, before being payed to make and implement them. With his life spent dreaming new ideas and fresh takes on old ones, and making things for others its perhaps fitting he would manifest powers of creation and shaping.
Appearance: Alex almost always dresses casually, in a t-shirt, and blue jeans, unless his meeting with a client. He is tall and a little thin, with brown hair and green eyes. he doesn’t stand out in a crowd and could blend into the background just about anywhere.

Symbol: a butterfly
Style: biological. Alex can create, alter, and shape organic matter in any way he pleases, be it dead or alive. Along with a few other related tricks.
Human Skill: drawing, web design
Example Act: Alex looks at his computer, frowning. There had to be a way to speed up his computer without buying such an expensive hardware upgrade. He snaps his fingers, maybe he could make one, the brain processed data extremely fast, so couldn’t he just make a wetware processor and interface it with the hardware. Who cares if he didn’t know exactly how to that? with a bit of will to shape his powers he could do it then he would instinctively know how it works, maybe even share the resulting design with scientist anonymously. Then he got a better idea. Why not make a fully organic computer system? He knelt down on the floor in the center of the room and got to work, forming the case from bone as it lept into being and shaped itself to his whims, then came the real parts. He didn’t know much about computer hardware, but his will would guide his powers for him. He felt nerves and brain mater come into being lacing themselves into complex circuitry. Forming connections, everything becoming what it needed to. A wireless adapter card formed from nerves and bird brain cells. The cells picking up the radio waves used for Wi-Fi connectivity, soon the computer was fully formed, a high-speed machine compatible with conventional hardware and software. made of biological materials, a small port at the top would take in food and convert it to biomass to sustain itself, all he had to do was remember to feed it every week or so….actually, he could probably program it to tell him whenever it got hungry . Looking it over he thought, why stop there. Next, he formed a set of speakers. But the really neat thing was the screen, he conjured up a computer monitor with a bone frame, the screen itself consisted of pressure sensitive nerves and chameleon cells. Because the touch screen changed colors at the cellular level the picture was more precise and high-def then any conventional monitor. Looking over his work he found that like always, he instinctively knew and understood every circuit, when he had time he could draw up diagrams and send them to scientist to try and recreate. How they would get the cells and make them grow into the exact shapes, well, that was for them to figure out. He shrugged and got to work hooking up the new computer.

Alex creates a fully functional, high speed, computer compatible with all conventional hardware and software. He also forms a touch screen monitor to go with it, its graphical power far beyond any existing tech. and of course, speakers.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 02:19:33 pm by endlessblaze »
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2017, 06:50:21 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((got busy heres the revised version))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2017, 07:11:50 pm »

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2017, 07:35:37 pm »

Please PM me your character sheet
I did. He told me to revise the example anf then post it so I did

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2017, 07:45:00 pm »

I approved it.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2017, 08:06:00 pm »

IC thread coming in half an hour.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2017, 08:26:31 pm »

How should our first action go?, Should we post our Example Act or create something new.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2017, 08:28:52 pm »

You can if you want to.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2017, 08:35:08 pm »

Link the thread in here?

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2017, 09:34:54 pm »

IC thread is up!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10