Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Savage. Terrifying. Bardumiseth, Fightquests! (Steam Succession) (Spoilers)  (Read 2785 times)

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Savage. Terrifying. Bardumiseth, Fightquests! (Steam Succession) (Spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2024, 06:22:27 am »

Image 1: Death of Abli Lonnihde

“What do you think, chief?” squeaked the cook, Onol Fortresstax, lifting the melted corpse. She was a freakishly tall and skinny dwarf with tall ears and a high voice. “Is it a bad sign?”
Ingiz Mindhammer, the mayor, grimaced at the seemingly endless trail of blood stretched through the intermediate tunnel and all the way across the mining chamber. He closed his eyes for but a moment and then shook his head.
“No. We’re being tested, is all. We must dig deeper!”

• from “Never Underestimate Fightquests”, by unknown dwarven author

Bardumiseth, Fightquests
Year 111, OttoK
Posted in Discord 21.01.2024

This spring, Bardumiseth opens its doors and welcomes visitors, traders and migrants alike, going from 54 to 78 citizens. Traders even wanted to bring wagons! Alas, our site wasn’t accessible.

Some devilry has occurred in the spire: we checked that stone for heat! Abli Lonnihde the human miner was gruesomely melted and dragged herself out of the excavation all the way to the chalk artifact door, pushing it open, and died in the doorway. Cursing the name of the reckless fool who issued that channelling job, no doubt. Still, we mustn’t be discouraged.

Soon, our luck turns for the better, and a three-in-one relic drop is found in z 5. In z 3, another relic and a huge wall of adamantine. We’re getting a huge boost of fortress value, from 300 000 to 500 000, mostly due to holy relics and valuable artefacts. The first candy artefact was made by a stonecrafter out of raw adamantine, then a proper candy artifact. We were promoted from barony to a county, and three new hillocks were founded.

I construct quarters for the mayor and a tomb for the countess, a new block of bedrooms and a small library to hold our amassed books. I finally secure the artefact room better. A few more bedrooms needed, and noble rooms are inadequate. Benefiting from the peace aboveground, I hurry construction of the castle, creating a visitor containment area on the second floor.

Cutting down some trees, Zuglar Kotkonos the carpenter was crushed, and came back as undead, injuring a couple of dwarves who came to pick up logs. Gorbe Eguare the human metalsmith was found dead, contorted in fear, scared to death by a ghost from before. Later, a vile force of darkness came to parley, we respectfully declined, and our spiked ball traps did the talking. But then we decided to dispose of the goblin corpses underground, which was a mistake, as now we had a zombie goblin uprising within the fortress walls. The corpses were pacified and lava-dumped after several dwarves had gotten injured.

There was some potential issues with labor groups being too strict, especially with many members in squad training. But that didn’t explain why dwarves weren’t building the castle. I had to make a new labor group, with "construct wall/floor", set to everybody. Now they build. Strange things.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Image 2: "Well, some blood for the treasures of the gods, is still worth it, i figure"

Salvadaddy — 20.01.2024
I know a human miner who would disagree with your statement lol

Otto_K — 20.01.2024
Hush, hush

Image 3: "Holy Mother of God that's a lot of adamantine"

Image 4: "Cutting trees is dangerous... Zuglar, one of the original settlers, was badly crushed and came back as undead"

Image 5: Goblin siege 

Image 6: Goblin corpses refuse to stay dead

From chat:

Otto_K — 20.01.2024
Finally stuff is being produced! We had like THREE dwarves making stone furniture - and they were all military too :pippenrage:
I was getting the "nobody is working" meme, i thought it was hauling so i assigned labor to 15-ish haulers only. But maybe it's overly strict labor groups mixed with military :thinkium:
Oh, the manager was killed, but not sure if that was causing it
Huh? "Gorbe Eguare metalsmith found dead, contorted in fear!"

ElfyBean — 20.01.2024
Fuckin' ghosts, maaaannn

Otto_K — 20.01.2024
Okay. I had to make a new labor group, with "construct wall/floor", set to everybody. Now they build. What the actual f---

Albreo — 21.01.2024
Someone made a steward labour group. Not sure what's in there, might as well check it out and delete it if necessary.

GeeFin — 25.01.2024
@Salvadaddy They're still not building the pumps? Strange.  Did you clean the corkscrews and pipe sections out of the unreachable spots? Maybe they really want to use those parts

Salvadaddy — 25.01.2024
I dug out a bit so those are accessible and they're still struggling. I have maybe 5 more pumps then when I started
And I'm trying to build some windmills but they're not too keen on that either

GeeFin — 25.01.2024
We had a ton of job categories, maybe those are getting too complicated or limiting?

Salvadaddy — 25.01.2024
Idk; Otto said that they fixed it using job orders
But maybe now that we have more citizens they'll be more free to try to build stuff

Otto_K — 25.01.2024
I fixed Construct Wall / Floor. not other buildings. could be another job group!

Albreo — 29.01.2024
It's the Stewards fault.

Image 7: Castle second floor. (Click for full size)

Image 8: Artefacts and divine treasures from this year 

Image 9: Our mayor was in the training squad, he's also the broker. When going to trade with the elves, he dropped his armor and didn't take any clothes

"Us good dwarves of Bardumiseth have nothing to hide! Like what you see?"
"Yes.... We find this most interesting..."
"What?? Oh, forget it! Fucking elves..."

« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 02:48:57 pm by Otto_K »
Succession fort runs!
Zulbanunal - Bannerblunts
Bardumiseth - Fightquests

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023
A zombie butterfly man chitin in THE PIT got killed by a falling olm remains lmao

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2024, 06:55:31 am »

Image 1: Habitation layer

Bardumiseth, Fightquests
Year 112, Salvadaddy
Posted in Discord 28.01.2024

As I started my turn, one of the first things I noticed was that not every bedroom had a statue. Well, this is Fightquests, and in Fightquests, everyone gets a statue in their room, so I quickly fixed the issue. I also saw the pump stack, which I thought I would complete, but really I only advanced it a little bit because dwarfs aren't too keen on building screw pumps, especially like this.

At one point I saw some blind cave ogres fighting a hungry head corpse next to the magma pit we dump our garbage in. Well one of the ogres dodged into the magma, and I noticed that they were drowning in addition to burning, which made sense. The ogre took quite a while to die though. The other cave ogre was splashed by the magma mist, and spent it's remaining time just climbing around for some reason? I'm unsure what it's thought process was with that but whatever.

In other news, the elves came and dared to request we limit our trees to 5, with a maximum of 10! I accepted, because we always could just break it, but still the audacity here. We have people to take care of and make beds for, which reminds me: we started this year with a population of 79, and after a few migrant waves and visitors throughout the year, we ended with 126 dwarfs!

So I spent a good bit of my turn carving out bedrooms. Also, because of the tree limit, and the dwarfs reluctance to actually make the fucking beds, I was unable to put a bed in each room, but they all have doors, cabinets, and statues.

Also, I got quite a few petitions this year. Firstly, The Order of Youth (worshippers of Kirar, god(dess?) of rebirth, creation, birth, and youth) requested a temple complex, so I made one with silver walls down in the temple area, and I also made the space across from it have silver walls, which came in handy later for The Gilded Order, who only wanted a temple.

As for the other petitions, The Hall of Crystals, a metalsmith guild, was founded, and later requested a guildhall. And the farmer's guild requested a grand guildhall (I think that's what it's called), which I did by replacing the copper bars with the far more valuable steel bars, seeing as we had a surplus.

Image 2: Elven nonsense!

Image 3: Religions on the rise

Image 4: Great wealth!

Now, I get to talk about various events that happened. Fairly early on, I got a migrant wave, as well as an "Intruders! Drive them away!" alert immediately after, which centered on a dwarf necromancer, who immediately left the map. Perhaps they were following the migrants in hope of joining us after their tower got destroyed, and finally realized it may be a bad idea to go visit the place you sent your forces to raid and left? (I later looked at the map and it showed that the human tower to our south was at peace, so I assume the necromancer got kicked out).

Other than that, we got 4 goblin snatchers (and 2 kobold thieves), and 1 of the snatchers actually grabbed a child! This is the first time in my 545 hours of playing that this has ever happened to me. Fortunately, I locked down the fortress and slaughtered them all.

And finally, for the worst piece of news: an artifact was stolen. I got the alert that "a thief was seen stealing an artifact!" but when I went to look, I couldn't find anyone with an artifact in their possession. I checked the entire main fort, as well as everyone in the tavern but couldn't find it. I decided to lock some doors so tat there would only be 1 way out of the fort, where I searched everyone who passed by for artifacts, and found nothing (except for some bastard with adamantine strands woven into them). I sat there for quite a while before having to accept the loss.

I still have no clue how I got the alert that a thief was seen stealing it and yet noone did anything and there wasn't any thief around; and this artifact was in the smithing area, which is always busy, so I've no clue how someone could've successfully stolen it. Anyways, I don't know how we're going to recover the artifact, but I really want to find a way

Finally, we get to the last little bits of my report. The hillocks of Mazeshoot, Tourbean, Steelcutters, and Inchstakes have all been founded nearby and incorporated into our holdings. We got 2 artifacts; an obsidian bracelet worth 70k and a native gold crown worth 77k. My turn ended with a glassmaker getting a mood, so I made sure the workshop had a door to it for if they go insane we can lock them in

Btw the artifact stolen was Uloldallith Kacothnabreth, or Lastriddle the Confining Spirit. Also I finished the duchess's room

Image : Main floor in year 114

EDIT: OttoK here. Sorry, I put a pointless chat exerpt about debugging artefacts in bins here, just to pad the post's visual length on the page. But then I realized that it was pointless, so I removed it. A bit of reality check to not use the chat exerpts when they're clearly unnecessary and don't add to the post
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 08:58:06 am by Otto_K »
Succession fort runs!

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023
A zombie butterfly man chitin in THE PIT got killed by a falling olm remains lmao

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2024, 09:56:33 am »

Image 1: The training grounds

Bardumiseth, Fightquests
Year 113, Albreo
Posted in Discord 01.02.2024

The year started with me assessing all the possible problems that should be fixed. Including moving our old dump pit to a new location free of jumping elf hands and dog skins. Our clothes production was clogged because we had one human legendary weaver who made clothes to a different size than dwarf would. A coal shuffle loop happened again with an improper QSP setup.

We also lost kitchens which I only realised at the end that the prepared meal stockpile had been empty for many years. I also went through almost every page and rearranged all labors, re-appointed medical dwarf, destroyed 5700 quarry bush leaves/large amount of unrendered fat, and stopped the production of buckets, bags, and jugs.

A new jail was built along with a guard squad that specialized in intimidating people. I won't put them into training so they won't punch people to death when the time comes. A double recruit squad was set up for preliminary training. Their armors are not done yet.

There were a lot of fire FBs spawning underground, most of the corpses were brunt to crisp and the fire did clean out a lot of garbage. Two dwarfs were pecked dead by agitated birds so be careful when cutting trees. The windmill site is leaking. The birds can enter through the exposed shaft as well as the improper flooring under the windmills itself. I built a door to block their potential entry point underground as well as making the whole complex inaccessible. I took the liberty to clean all the corpses outside. It is squeaky clean now.

The tavern beside the trade depot was moved to the upper floor albeit not fully covered with a roof yet hopefully the next person will see it done and don't forget to lock the hatch. I have made some siltstone blocks to replace the chalk which has the same color profile.

Image 2: Surface keep's tavern

Image 3: The dumping pit + other rooms. (Click to see full size) 

Image 4: The new jail. (Click to see full size) 

From chat:

Otto_K — 29.01.2024
We got Bean hillocks? 🫘

Albreo — 30.01.2024
2 dwarfs down so far. Someone named Cook got mauled by agitated birds followed by another random dwarf. Might have to equip everyone with some hammer. I'm going to move the garbage disposal and cemetery to the resurrection-free corner of the map.

GeeFin — 30.01.2024
I made some silver hammers, they’re probably sitting ready to use somewhere

Albreo — 30.01.2024
The rock nut soap uses all our wood. So I'm banning them from making more than one bar a year. Animal trap demand will be using metal instead which can be recycled. The non magma forge upstairs should switch to magma as soon as possible, to whoever built it.

Otto_K — 30.01.2024
How much soap do we have

Albreo — 30.01.2024 13.34

Otto_K — 30.01.2024
:harold:
Nice

Caram3lNuke — 30.01.2024
🤣 My soapy objectives are complete!

Otto_K — 01.02.2024
I'm curious actually, what have the dwarves been eating then? Raw plump helmets?

Albreo — 01.02.2024
Raw cats

Succession fort runs!

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2024, 11:19:16 am »

Image 1, 2: Danman Vuthil, the Heaviness of Flight.

Bardumiseth, Fightquests
Year 114, Caram3lNuke
Posted in Discord 14.02.2024

After so much time and countless boulders, our miners finally requested a guild. "The Guild of Fishes" was founded, it is a rangers guild...

Things are calm. Just the regular gobbo wanna be siege: Military never gets them... they run after most die to the traps. It seems also that our best tactician is only adequate. I will try to raze some goblins sites around to train them a little more

There is a certain forest retreat that was overtaken by goblins... 1000 goblins, to be exact, 2 days travel from us.

A single pump in the stack is unable to be built. The DFHack planner detects our stock of screws down in the magma level. The orders manager screen detects we have more than 10 screws. However, somehow, the manual, vanilla selector acts like there is nothing

Manually tasking a workshop to produce a screw fixed it... Pump stack is almost complete, all that is left are the soil layers. Be aware that level 27 of the pump stack lacks walls (I was trying to mine around to see if that would fix the pump not being built)

From chat:

GeeFin — 10.02.2024
Wow, they're really fond of the adamantine figurines. Maybe the rhyme is too alluring?

Otto_K — 10.02.2024
I love candy artefacts. That thing is worth more than a small fortress

Albreo — 11.02.2024
You should start poking a few more towers for excitement. Be sure to screen out the book of life and death. Put it on a pedestal.

Image 3: Pumpstack in year 116

Succession fort runs!

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2024, 03:45:34 pm »

Images 1, 2, 3: Queen of Libash Udos, the Axe of Man is here, with tons of nobles

Bardumiseth, Fightquests
Year 115, GeeFin
Posted in Discord 18.02.2024

We started the year working hard on the pumpstack, getting the final pumps in place and diverting some water from the brook to get power. On the 15th of Hematite, we finally got the pumpstack powered and filled.  It would have gone faster but there were some unreachable bauxite blocks that the dwarves really wanted to use for one of the pumps, took me a few months to solve that puzzle.

In the middle of this progress we saw this: the arrival of the queen’s entourage! Welcome to Fightquests! Almost immediately, we had... A vile force of nobility!

Some dwarves died at the surface. Sadly, Urist Bellteacher dodged in the wrong place and was killed by our traps. Some dumb kid got understandably spooked by an undead giant mosquito while doing chores outside and jumped up a tree. Had to chop it down to get him out, but it ruined the perfect happiness of the fort up to near the end of the year.  No more chores for kids in Fightquests.

Image 4: Queen's quarters.

Image 5, 6: Mountainhome? EASY!

Queen's quarters were designed and finished shortly after getting the pump stack completed. Also, quarters for the Outpost Liaison. Dwarves built a fancy table, so I replaced the one in the queens dining room.

We already had adamantine for a throne, and it only took poking around on one layer with no casualties to grab the four missing underground artifacts. We can haz Mountainhome!

Summertime goblin attack was thwarted by our weapon traps. Goblins returned early winter so I got to test out the lava trap. It went horribly. For the Goblins. With the siege over, the lava was dumped outside. We had a bunch of caged invaders hanging out, so I decided to relocate them to a more meltable location, bye-bye caged invaders.

Image 7: Pump stack and trade depot area

Image 8: Goblins had no time, couldn't even try. BURN!

Image 9: Fire and ash

Population is 218, and it looks like we have a few extra bedrooms after making some more. I ended the year fighting off a vile force of annoying cuteness: undead cavy sows. Good to see the queen holding her own against some undead wild boars, and making use of an artifact dagger.

I have another artifact being worked on, they're still gathering the goods for it.  Also there's an attempt to put out an artifact scroll fire outside, the pond is in place but the stair to access it hasn't been built yet (smoke blockage likely), you may want to keep an eye on it.

The magma trap is a bit of a short runway, we might not catch every creature in a big siege so extending the outer walkway and bridges might be a good move. Other than that I think we go for more adamantine and maybe poke hell but this fort is running pretty smoothly now.  Have fun!

Image 10: Queen, the boar, and the dagger.

Image 11: Bedroom area 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 04:36:40 pm by Otto_K »
Succession fort runs!

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2024, 09:11:53 am »

Image 1: Fortress now open to the safe walled-off cavern

Image 2: Drink & Industry time

Bardumiseth, Fightquests
Year 116, OttoK
Posted in Discord 20.02.2024

At the start of the year, some kobold thieves showed up, followed by agitated ogress corpses, first of many beasts to come. The biome had grown very agitated with us. Underground, an artefact from last year was being made: Watchseas, a microcline mug. Up in the keep, dwarves and visitors celebrated drink and industry with dance and song.

After half a month, I started a project in the topmost cavern layer, sparking a long period of chaos and unrest. Elite squads went into the cavern first, clashing with ant people swarming into the map. Then every squad was stationed in various parts of the map: the caverns, the access tunnel, and the surface keep, where a lot of fighting took place due to all the agitated creatures.

In the keep, an infestation of hostile wools sheared by gullible farmers was jumping at dwarves. Even after they were punched to death, seeing the mangled wools caused distress to the dwarves, and the wools were thrown in lava. At the keep, the elven merchants and their guards were killed by their precious undead wildlife, but could this still be seen as a breach of trust on our part? Curse all friends of nature, indeed…

I secured one cave area in the middle of the fort, then expanded to the area connecting to our old western enclosure. Construction on especially the second area went flawlessly. However, we still lost multiple dwarves who wandered into the caverns. I’m starting to get the hang of operating within caverns. The list of actions I had to turn off to stop dwarves from perpetually wandering into the caves was: hauling, bonecrafting, web collecting, cleaning, burial, recover patient. Maybe more. AND if you want to build doors, you must activate Furniture Hauling despite rest of hauling being off. Wild stuff. I also started using civilian alert a lot this turn.

Image 3: Keeping the construction crew safe, slaying ant people (click for full size)

Image 4: Chaos broke loose in the surface keep (click for full size)

Image 5: Visitors trapped on the roof

I destroyed the fort's mood so I went in lockdown to recover from injuries and trauma, only occasionally letting visitors in and out. I added more defenses on the second floor of the keep. The keep’s exposed top floor was set up as the visitor zone, the leftover stairs of the pumpstack granting them access. Welcome to Ravenholm! Nah, come in from the roof, before the undead harpies come. I can't watch a constant bloodbath of killed visitors.

Babysitting visiting nobles and bards is a lot of work. In the end many of them died when I tried taking a zombie siege and the visitors all walked into the trap room. I still had to send military to end the fight, those traps just weren’t enough. The entrance tunnel and its trap array was out of use as I was convinced there were agitated birds there.

I tamed our caught giraffes and put the giant wrens into the cave enclosure in the west. Turned off cooking but the eggs still got carried to the stockpile, damn it. We also got some very interesting pets from the dead elven merchants.
I continued steel production, and also discovered veins of silver and bronze down in the granite layers, so produced those, as well as platinum. I built a new magma forging area, leeching from the lava moat’s intake. There’s now a circuit of magma tubes that can be drained into the cave in case of overflow. That should work for our smelting and forging needs, the non-magma workshops can be removed.

ONE THING: there’s still a lot of magma in the tunnel from topside, so you may have to drain more into the cavern to prevent overflow and crispy dwarves

Image 6: Magma forges being built, with magma tunnel beneath

Image 7: Artefacts of the year

Succession fort runs!

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2024, 04:46:12 pm »

Bardumiseth, Fightquests
Year 116, OttoK
Posted in Discord 20.02.2024

As you may see by the date of the latest post, we've reached current events! I finished playing my turn two days ago, and the next turn is very much being played at this very moment. I had a long backlog of stories as I wanted to retroactively post all of Bannerblunts and then all of Fightquests, but now the post should run pretty much in parallel.

(I actually briefly reached current times at Albreo's latest turn, but then it took me a while to post the turns after that. Can still be delays like that going onward)

Any questions or comments? Also, this is a bit of a weird setup with me being the only poster to the forums here, but if you have questions to other players or liked somebody's story, running some correspondence between Discord and Bay12 could work as well
Succession fort runs!

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I fell a bit late on posting these after the forums crash, so we're at year 120 currently. That said, let's roll the post! - OttoK

Image 1: Spicy cavern control, first cavern layer *

Image 1, 2: Second cavern layer *
* Click for full size image

Bardumiseth, Fightquests
Year 117, Part 1. Salvadaddy
Posted in Discord 11.03.2024

I was only able to get through a quarter of the year unfortunately due to being really busy and the game only running at 10 FPS

In that time, I made a magma reservoir and dumped magma into an area in the first cavern layer to clean up some trash, and I dumped some magma onto a particular populous area in the second cavern layer to clean up some baddies

I also killed a bunch of surface creatures and melted the corpses and other junk around the entrance, as I showed earlier. There weren't really any baddies in I melted in the first picture; mainly just debris. As for the second picture, there were a ton of baddies, which as you can see have been mostly taken care of

From chat:

Salvadaddy — 23.02.2024
11 fps. Ngl things are getting a little painful
Also Jesus Christ there are a ton of agitated animals. It's like the whole region is sending all the animals at us

Salvadaddy — 23.02.2024
Ok so magma is a lot faster than I expected. So F for the dwarf we just lost to that
Ok it’s time for the moment of truth
I’m going to activate my nefarious device (TM)
It’s going to dump magma into the caverns to clean things up a bit

Otto_K — 21.02.2024
Okay, it's time. Tlikilrursner lore. What... HE WAS A SPY ALL ALONG
Still adorable, though

Salvadaddy — 21.02.2024
I know we don’t have an alliance, but I still feel betrayed

Albreo — 21.02.2024
Then go kill his master
Free him!!

Image 3: Tlikilrursner legends page

Otto_K — 07.03.2024
Hmm, how might we do that?
So, what we know: The Forlorn Butcher was a kobold thief who lived in a cave called Sistersdeeps. He was killed by the marsh titan that attacked his home. 31 years later resurrected by Osp Gleefuleven the necromancer, who is the warlord of bandit group called the Influential Destinies, operating from a bandit camp called Bronzetowns
If there's other members of Influential Destinies, they're nonhistoricals. But i like to imagine a warband consisting of a necromancer and a single undead kobold, sitting around a campfire

Albreo — 08.03.2024
He's that necromancer subordinate and was ordered to come to our town as a spy. If we can kill that necromancer he should be free but still, intelligent undead won't join a civ under normal circumstances. DFhack can fix that.

Otto_K — 09.03.2024
Yea, could be fun to hack him joinable. And then is there any way to do a hit on some guy on the world map 🤔

Albreo — 10.03.2024
You can look upon the legend to see where he is and send the squad out. The rest depends on luck but it is doable. That's how I got the socks back in the previous fort.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 07:57:34 pm by Otto_K »
Succession fort runs!

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Image 1: Accidental cave exploration *

Bardumiseth, Fightquests
Year 117 – Part 2. Albreo
Posted in Discord 14.03.2024

I took over in the early summer of year 117. We have a massive zombie infestation in the cave. Over 500 are constantly duking it out and wiping the FPS clean. So, an unconventional method was used to clean up, along with the junk inside. The lava pump intake is looking quite concerning. The lava only trickled in and is likely to affect the FPS as well. Unfortunately, there's an FB inside that can fly so I haven't dealt with it.

There's only one goblin raid this year, quite big, but they're all scared away by some zombies. The tower near us probably running out of unit to dispatch, so, I started looking for a new one. I lost 3 dwarfs in the process of pulling aggro. Expect raids from 3 new towers and 1 tomb next year.

An accident happened in the first cavern when I cut multiple fungi wood for some pot. The wall leaked so one unfortunate human went out to pick up the web and got done in by the antmens.

There are a lot of guild petitions, I have redecorated some to meet the requirements. We now have a birdcage to prevent more agitated animals from spawning for the time being.

Also, fixed some clay QSP loop and clean up all the unnecessary tasks so that everything run more smoothly. Look like one of the lava outlet on the 2 cavern haven't been closed yet.

Image 2: Ghost visitor *
* Click to see full size image

From chat:

Albreo — 12.03.2024
We have 500 undeads in the cave. Guess I will turn on the starvingdead.
We also have 2000 shields in the caves.

Otto_K — 12.03.2024
Holy shit that's a lot of undead 😨   And 2000 shields?? Thats a lot of shield-using cave people

Otto_K — 12.03.2024
she's ready to leave

GeeFin — 12.03.2024
I've never seen a visiting ghost before

Albreo — 12.03.2024
Neither. I thought she was our citizen.

Image 3: Birdcage holding agitated giant wrens

Image 4: Normal day in the caverns
Succession fort runs!

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023
Pages: 1 [2]