Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 236794 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2017, 04:57:57 pm »

You've been dorfed page 4 but if you need something else feel free to ask

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2017, 05:00:14 pm »

You've been dorfed page 4 but if you need something else feel free to ask
...I had completely forgotten about that. Sorry.  :(

What's my guy been doing? I don't recall hearing much about that...
NOTE: I may simply be ignorant and inattentive, in which case, please help me rectify that.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2017, 05:06:49 pm »

Well, I have one archer that would fit - if you don't mind to be very young. All the other have permanent wounds. Else, I can give you a swordmaster and place you under Imic. It's up to you
That works. What's he all about?
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2017, 05:36:15 pm »

Well, life has been pretty sweet for Saren for now. While waiting for the construction of an academy for him to work on, he's been keeping himself busy with craftmanship. There's not a lot to say.
Also really sorry for not keeping track of everyone, the fort is becoming really populated as we speak and there is a lot of happening, but I'll keep you informed !

Here's his current feels
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

About Zefer, he'll be dorfed next update, and you'll have all relevant information in summer's post. Wait just a bit :D

JCdestr0yer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2017, 06:32:50 pm »

May i be humaned (dorfed)
Is there any chance i could get someone who is into writing books and the like. I do not mind which race or age.
Thanks.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2017, 09:32:01 pm »

I love how this is coming along.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2017, 10:34:54 am »

JCdestroyer : Of course. I have a perfect fit for you, and we're currently building an academy, which will double as a school, so you and Saren will teach there when it's ready. Pick a fitting name and I'll dorf you in.

Also : People who want a custom profession name, hit me with hit. We have time, the next update will take a bit of time as stuff happened.

Also 2 : We have a new lord. And it's one of you. You can place your bets ! A bit of hint : it was not the first name that would have come to my mind, but when you think about it, it makes perfect sense. The new lord had a lordish persona all along.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 10:39:22 am by Cathar »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 01, 2017, 10:54:07 am »

Lord Lemonpie? High priest of Omer?

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 01, 2017, 10:56:29 am »

Lord Lemonpie? High priest of Omer?
Praise rainbows if that's the case!

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 01, 2017, 11:36:05 pm »

Bumping to keep thread alive.
It can't be me cause ive been here not even a day.
"Men! On my count!"

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2017, 06:42:21 am »

Don't worry, this thread is in no danger of dying. It's just slow paced because everything takes time - the digging, the drawing and the writing are time consuming and I don't want to rush it. But worry not, it's coming. You can expect the next update this evening or tomorrow. Your character is ready to go and will appear next update !

JCdestroyer : I still need a fitting name RP wise for your character, else he's ready too

For the others, it's not Lemann, sorry ! I don't want to disapoint, but let's say I'm very glad the lord is who he is. Good guess tho.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2017, 06:43:48 am »

Was it Rethi? Or Mate?

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2017, 03:10:38 pm »

Dorf me as a glassblower when you can!
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2017, 08:30:15 pm »

How many civilizations have been known to be rent to ashes via forgotten beasts or colossus attacks
"Men! On my count!"

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #119 on: June 02, 2017, 11:02:52 pm »

This summer was rather calm compared to everything that happened last year because we had time to prepare - somehow. When the merchants from Hazelslide came to visit us, we had hired Lemann Ewomgipest as a broker and had plenty of goods - mostly woodcrafts decorated with shells, but also high quality clothing to give them a run for their money.

Lemann was an veteran soldier - we did hire him mostly as an act of kindness and as a way to thank him for the sacrifices he made for the country - we didn't expected him to do well. But to our surprize, he performed remarkably. Most of our crafts were sold, against an impressive amount of the metal we so desperately crave. He bought every bit of copper, bronze and iron he could let a hand on, and when the merchant left, we had enough material to start supply our brigades with real weapons of war.

We set down an anvil in a corner, and started forging axes and swords. When our initial reserves of metal bars were exhausted, we melted down the other metal item he bought and started tinkering some armor. We're still very lightly armored, but as time goes on our gear keep getting better and we're confident our skill will compensate for our lack of equipment. No doubt we'll have to repeat the same process next year - in the meantime, shellmail still works.

A week after the departure of the merchants, we received a letter from Hazelslide - signed by Queen Uzu Rakedowl herself, promoting one of us to the title of Lord of the Enchanted Swamp, Baron of Watershield.

All hail the lord of the Swamp!

We don't really know why the Queen chose Ryukan Heartduty for the title, but we do know our friend was desiring it dearly - and Xetan relinquished her position as an expedition leader without trouble. We're actually very happy the one she chose was one of the seven founders of Watershield - our effort seem to have been recognized after all !

With the nomination of Ryukan as our lord came a number of promotions, of which the two most important were Imic Lutogoto at the position of Hearthcaptain and leader of the sword squad, and Jamila Thakomimo at the head of the bow squad. Both of them were tasked with the duty to fill their ranks and to drill their soldiers, which they started immediately.

Imic was also given a very sharp serrated iron sword, which we can't wait to see being used.

In the meantime, we built two quick project we felt couldn't wait - the first one being a fitting house for our new lord, the second being a shooting position for our bow squad. The two were completed before the summer was through. We also continued the outer wall - as the village continues to expend, we need to multiply the obstacles between us and enemy forces to protect the citizens. We know a simple wall won't be enough - but we have to start somewhere and it's better than nothing.

Aside that, the summer was tranquil. Zepher, son of Jalew the miner and brother of Apba- and Asin's brother-in-law finally came to age. He asked to be put into the bow squad, and as we need more arms, we gladly accepted. From now on he'll be under Jamila's command. Ser, one of our craftmen, also asked us to hurry the construction of an academy as he wants - as Saren - to dedicate himself to the pursue of knowlege.

The pursuit of abstract thinking always seemed to be as a waste of time and ressources... But I'm also aware that now we're considered by the kingdom as a true fief, our standing matters more than ever and having dedicated scholar would definitely help making Watershield shine. The construction of an academy was therefore pushed up on our priority list.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

----

We know of one human nation that was destroyed by goblins and titans to the point they lost all their settlements, far up to the north...But it may be only rumors. I don't know to what extent this is true, but travellers report kobolds took over the remnants of the nations and proclaimed one of them the new king. Truely a curiosity.

More nations may have suffered the same fate, but this is the extent of my knowlege about ancient civilizations.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 02:46:29 pm by Cathar »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 111