Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 230652 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #1095 on: March 30, 2019, 02:19:29 am »

Well of course, if you're willing to wait until my little ("little") comic break is over. Still have 20 pages left to draw, it may take some time, still. But after that, then sure ! Thanks alot for reading

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1096 on: July 14, 2019, 12:24:22 pm »

Again, sorry for the absurdly long time between updates. It has been insanely long, the wait might not actually worth it, but for a lot of reasons, I needed that break/training. Sometimes, I really need to succeed at something, and being able to keep focus during almost a year and to draw those 100 pages count as a success in my books.

So have those last 25 pages of little history, then we'll go back to the big, real, uppercase History.

All things considered, the wars between the Empire of Osme and the mortal populations is but a recent trend. Before the war of year 133 between Mong Kima and Osmestobϋb, actually, the Empire had no interest in expending toward the west. To the contrary, its eyes were steadily set to the north, on the rival empire of Ansgek.

Even to this day, if local warlords are competing with each other to claim victories on the local human and dwarven kingdoms, the imperial priority seems to be and remain the regional unification of goblinkind.

Clearly, loyalty was an issue in year 142's Osme. It was extremely difficult to understand where anyone's loyalty resided. Surprisingly, the green skinned goblins of Ansgek lineage seemed to be the most loyal ones.

Originally, I was here to assess the threat posed by the pit of Snodubabusp. I knew Thomocemir had the project of destroying the goblin's settlement in the region, to get some breathing room and eventually attack Pilalene's army, far in the west.

I know it is not my role, but I wanted to avoid unecessary deaths – so my hidden goal was to make the argument that the pit wasn't really worth destroying. But as soon as I put my feet inside, the whole pit was already in flames.

Sometimes there's just no solution.

As a bonus have a map of the world, in 143

Also the chart of the battle of Thrimesgokush

We'll go back to regular AAR in a new fortress very, very soon.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 01:03:53 pm by Cathar »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: July 14, 2019, 12:47:08 pm »

Seemed to be a number of multi-posts of the same couple pages.

Still, the artwork's grand! Hat's off to you sir.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1098 on: July 14, 2019, 12:52:58 pm »

I think it's good now, sorry for that. Also thanks a lot, I'm drinking coffee to celebrate

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: July 14, 2019, 01:03:08 pm »

You have the 'fire attack' panel twice, the first one is the out of order one ;v
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1100 on: July 14, 2019, 01:05:36 pm »

Corrected again... I blame my aweful, aweful image hosting website.

Everything was simple and clear, before they decided it needed improvement, now it's like reading moonrunes. The reason behind those changes can only attributed to evil and malice

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: July 14, 2019, 04:31:54 pm »

Cathar, thank you for making this series. It’s just as brilliant as ever.
I’m getting urges to start playing.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: July 14, 2019, 04:44:09 pm »

Ah, so many gorgeous panels-- and so many we never saw over in Creative Projects! Beautiful work, sirrah!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1103 on: July 15, 2019, 04:41:51 am »

Thanks a lot guys ; I've been doing my best. I hope that now I've been through that training (?) my level will be and remain higher than in the first chapter.

Speaking of which, we'll probably make a more peaceful embark this time, in the middle of the kingdom, to create a bridge city where the interior sea gets narrow, in order to facilitate trade between the two sides of the kingdom. Since I heard some people wanted to be dorfed, maybe it's a good idea to ask for them now.

So people wanting to be dorfed : just send a name (it just needs to sound like a name) and the starting skills you want for your dorf, and we'll embark really soon.

Also, if you have an idea for a name ? I'm thinking something like Peace Harbor or the like.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: July 15, 2019, 09:45:12 am »

Hasbun, the chef extradordinaire, is ready to embark and provide the army with much needed nutrition!

For extra twist, make Hasbun female.

As for the place, name it Pearl Harbor. Bonus points if there are actual pearls to gather.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: July 15, 2019, 10:25:08 am »

I like how your goblins don't look (very) monstrous or (too) grotesque or anything like that, just kinda like strangely colored elves with pointy teeth.

Even more incredible is how much how much story you're able to get from adventure mode. I always found it so dry and unsatisfying and that nothing short of killing monarchs actually makes any difference in the world, and you somehow manage to tie your adventure into the world history.

And since you're taking dwarfing requests: Esqu, a grower and animal trainer.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: July 15, 2019, 11:29:18 am »

If a language used by a personal mod is allowed, a mace or swordsman named Hauben would be fine if doable. Bash or slash, I ain't picky.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1107 on: July 15, 2019, 04:34:22 pm »

I try to approach my world by renouncing to as much assumptions as I can, to preserve its originality. There's the usual fantasy assumption for goblins to be half-a-man sized and ugly as sin, but truth be said, there's nothing on their description making them so. And when it does (the reference to evil, for instance) it is highly subjective. Factually, they are brightly colored, with red eyes, are carnivorous (hence the pointy teeth) and have the same characteristics as elves, hence the physical similarities. I actually imagine the two races to come from the same ancestor.

That's how I see things, at least ><

I'll do some preparatory sketches, and leave the four remaining slots open until next week, then we'll embark !

Also for the name, it's all good. The only requirement is, it must look like a name. It's not required to be an actual human name nor to have a meaning to begin with
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 04:51:22 pm by Cathar »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: July 16, 2019, 04:50:01 am »

The miner-and-mechanic named Gram, reporting for duty.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

HakuryuVision

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: July 16, 2019, 06:52:48 am »

Dorfed?
Are you going for dwarves this time, or is it still a human civilization?

In any case, i'd like to be dorfed/human'd as 'Toki'.
No specific wish for a profession.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 111