Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 236397 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #225 on: July 18, 2017, 04:19:36 pm »

Could ypu do a bit about Imic training troops and ominously brooding about some form of past which os not revealed?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 18, 2017, 07:39:57 pm »

PTW. This is good and the artwork is actually pretty nice.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #227 on: July 18, 2017, 09:57:54 pm »

Just to note, tho, Mate is not a run off the mill average cook at this point. He's a legendary cook, high master grower, adequate persuader and negociator, competent liar and judge of intent, also dabbling in music (secen drums to be precise). He is waaaaays above the average cook of the kingdom at this point.

But alright, I'll have something for him, and for Imic too. One or two more ideas and I'm good to go!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 19, 2017, 05:52:47 am »

Thanks!
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 19, 2017, 08:01:29 pm »

Oh wow I'm like Gordon Ramsay.
Sweet.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 19, 2017, 09:00:14 pm »

I'd love more images of Zothoabo to add to stories. (which I'll probably get back to next week)
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #231 on: July 20, 2017, 09:40:01 am »

Alright, I have everything I need for that long period of peace and calm we'll be experiencing ! I'm getting to work now, I'll have everything finished in one or two days !

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 21, 2017, 06:07:30 pm »

Just to note, tho, Mate is not a run off the mill average cook at this point. He's a legendary cook, high master grower, adequate persuader and negociator, competent liar and judge of intent, also dabbling in music (secen drums to be precise). He is waaaaays above the average cook of the kingdom at this point.
How come his soup still tastes like rotten mest and cat piss then?

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 21, 2017, 07:09:53 pm »

You think you could do better?
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #234 on: July 22, 2017, 10:29:20 am »

Diary, year 136.

An unprecedented period of calm came to Watershield. For week -months even- we hadn't to face giant monsters, invasions from goblins nor hostile wildlife. It was peaceful - and came on time.

Zothoabo had a lot of work to do. The last battle not only killed one of my men, it also severely injured Xetan who joined us recently. She took a blow in the leg... A spear or a bolt - I haven't really asked her. Apparently she'll now have to walk with a crutch, leaving us short another fighter.

Some other minor wounds had to be tended to. That and our bookbinder, Nesik, who had been injured in our first battle, got a pretty bad infection in his lower body. I am not sure we can save him.

It becomes increasingly clear that we need to widen our military, but we're short of everything. Making Gugirrane armors take time, and we can't really open new regiments until our standing army is completely geared up. Not only that - we're also missing recruits. Watershield is small, and has to rely on its population to field its army. Maybe we should open up to mercenaries, but I feel pretty adverse to the idea.

Imic continued drilling his troops. His swordmen are probably the best of the whole kingdom at this point, but I have the suspiscion something is at work in the shadows with his group. Tho, I can't really investigate without creating a conflict between our corps, so I'll leave it as that for now.

There is not a single passing day without people talking about Mate cooking masterpieces. I understand people are getting excited about having a legend as a cook, but could they please stop reporting every and each of his meals to me ? I have an army to drill and a defense to organize !

That said, I should keep an eye to him and Uquur. Maybe it was a mistake to make his room inside our axe teacher's house, but we were out of space when the decision was taken. I don't want our legendary carpenter murdering our legendary cook over a heart story. Alright. I'll find him a suitable wife and that will end the rumors.

As for me, I enjoyed those days dearly. We don't know what the future reserve us, but long moments of peace like that are what I need to relax and keep going. We haven't received any terrible news from Hazelslide, and we hope things stay like that.

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 22, 2017, 11:42:15 am »

I volunteer to spy on the inner workings of the sword squad!
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 22, 2017, 09:20:50 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mate: legendary cook, high master grower, adequate negotiator, womanizer.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 23, 2017, 04:03:43 pm »

I think that last pic of him drunk pretty much sums Mate888 himself up in a nutshell.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 26, 2017, 02:37:11 pm »

I've missed so much story material....

Second Goblin Attack
One Punch Child
Zotho's Newest Child

And there's some Mysterious Fortress Changing event coming....

I think I'll twist the second Major Goblin attack and One Punch Child into one story, and then make another story which addresses the new child and Zotho's current mood. (please post an updated mood sheet for Zotho if that's possible)
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #239 on: July 26, 2017, 05:42:33 pm »

Unfortunately, it's not possible without major spoilers, but as far as I can tell everything went smooth for Zotho - lot of practice, martial art, prayer, good meals, intellectual challengers from visit to the library and a wide serie of people to help, he's doing fine. Thats all I can tell for now
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 111