Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 110

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 229767 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #255 on: October 01, 2017, 05:01:56 pm »

At this point I have a distinct feeling the beakdogs are more dangerous than the goblins riding them... They sure took a toll into our numbers. And then there are trolls... I first thought they would betough cookies, but they fall really quickly to axes.

Ill do two more pages on this battle before we finally move on. Sorry for draggin this, this is quite the event in our fort. Hope it won't be a turning point.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 01, 2017, 06:24:00 pm »

I won't mind actually, your skillz are pretty legendary and as long as more keeps coming, I don;t care what goes down
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 01, 2017, 09:28:39 pm »

Yes, I am enjoying reading it, however it works out.

(I'm used to the losses in battle being those few buffoons who ran out ahead.  And, sometimes, I'm grateful for the deaths, because otherwise my fortresses seem invincible sometimes . . .)

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 02, 2017, 11:24:56 am »

I thought this thread was dead. So glad to see you came back Cathar!

Keep up the good work. I can't wait for the next Mong Kima update.

Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 04, 2017, 06:08:50 pm »

Awesome as always.
I'm a bit glad that Mate isn't a soldier, seeing how the possibility of getting horribly murdered following that career choice just increased a lot.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #260 on: October 04, 2017, 06:27:04 pm »

Thank you guys ;A; DF community is best community. For my skills, I'd say they are okay...ish?, but there are more skilled people than me on this forum.
We lost a lot of people, I'll have a list soon. The good new is, none of the dorfings died...The bad new is with our death and perma-injured toll, the future is looking very bleak. We'll have to reform our military big time and work on our defenses, and I'm pretty green in this kind of stuff.

Next (and last, for this battle) update is coming tomorrow I hope, alongside battle honors and casualty list. But while I'm here, I kinda want to prepare weddings for the people, and myplan to hook some characters with one another doesn't seem to work very well (especially for Ryukan, who I actively tried to get married, unsuccessfully). This is the kind of thing I don't mind DFhacking tho, so since I'm there, if anyone wants their bachelor character to get married, maybe it'll be time after the battle,so be sure to let me know

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 04, 2017, 09:11:57 pm »

Eh, I'd rather have Mate get married on his own, but I don't mind if he doesn't. Who needs a wife when you alredy are the best cook on the fort?  :P
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 04, 2017, 09:26:22 pm »

Mate's cooking has evolved from slime of unknown and questionable origins to the Ambrosia of the Gods

As for my marital status, please hook me up and make me procreate. I need children whether I want it or not.

-*-*-*-*-

As the battle raged below, Ryukan could not help but feel a sickening dread of what the future might bring. With so many casualties, the number of able bodied men was plummeting. He had always lived alone, the thought of marrying never even once crossed his mind. But with the death toll and the need for more bodies, he might just have to get hitched. He shudders at this thought.

If he lived in one of the more heathen societies on this planet, he could just go down to the local bar and have an illegitimate child with a working woman, but sadly such a thing was frowned upon, especially from the nobility which he now found himself. He would need a wife. On the plus side, that meant that his Noble title would remain secure in his name even after death.

He turned his head away from the battle and his eyes caught a beautiful maiden.

"Let's give this courting thing a shot."

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 05, 2017, 12:37:58 pm »

Mate's cooking has evolved from slime of unknown and questionable origins to the Ambrosia of the Gods
It's still mostly made out of stuff of questionable origins but don't tell the customers.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 05, 2017, 12:51:19 pm »

It's still mostly made out of stuff of questionable origins but don't tell the customers.

Your secret is safe with me

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #265 on: October 05, 2017, 02:19:10 pm »

With the death of their general and a ever increasing number of casualties on their side, the goblins and trolls fighting on the bridge started to waver. Their attack had lost their momentum, their cavalry was unable to charge and was bogged down against our heavy infantry on a confined area, where they could not take advantage of their superior numbers. Our injured and deadskept piling on too, but clearly we had the upper handin the main battle.
However, the second flanking cavalry group,who has gone around the fort by the north was still intact and had strong morale. Their plan was probably to attack the bridge from behind, effectively taking us in a pincer movement.
As soon as they came close, the hunter squad started shooting at them, maiming and outright killing the first wave of riders.

However their mounts survived the volleys and proceeded to attack the archers. Jamila, the captain, was personally charged by one of them. The archers had to engage the beasts in melee, without real armor nor proper weapons.
Zefer, theyounger of the bunch, managed to free Jamila by striking her attacker on the head with tremendous force. Jamila was critically wounded and we lost a part of our archer squad during the charge, but in the end it was eventually driven back.

After that ultimate failure, the main force broke and turned heels. We pursued them, slaying as much as we could. Dawn was rising and the Dented Attack finally ended. We had fought all night.

We took a brief nap, and before noon, my debriefing was ready.

We had slaughtered around two hundred besiegers.

The first honors of the battle comes to Inspunz Elderpath, who wasgiven -he heroic name of Gebbiswurtawki, "Rise-to-the-Occasion". During her life, she has slain two generals - Unbeh Mouthmirrors the goblin, and Osnun Menacedinches, the dwarf. She's also the killer of the weretortoise Lipi Footbridle and 41 other enemies.
She'll be honored and revered for her bravery by the future generations, and is an exemple to us all.

Now for our casualties :

Inspunz "Rise-to-the-Occasion" Elderpath, slain by a goblin maceman.
Osti, son of Haspen. Slain by a beakdog.
Iguk, son of Mim. Gave his life against a rear attack.
Domi, daughter of Mim. Died alongside her brother.
Lum, daughter of Uquur. Slain by a goblin hammerer.
Keth Toldvirtue, archer, parentage unknown, slain by a goblin maceman.

Therset, knight and Jamila, hunter captain, sustained heavy wounds and were released from service.

Until further notice, Imic now has the responsability of drilling new soldiers to cover our losses. The archer squad is to be disbanded and replaced by a heavy infantry unit - gear is already underway.
After that storm, we expect the calm to come back to Watershield. We do not forget the fate of the kingdom rests on our shoulders.

Prince Ryukan has been socializing a bit, and the hired matchmaker thinks Cemir Pestratus would make a fine Princess. She's a milker by profession, parentage unknown, around Ryukan's age and quite pretty with nice copper hair.
Alternatively, Xetan is also interested. She's a childhood friend and has experience in ruling Watershield. But...well. It's Xetan, and she's twice his size and looks like an ogre.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 02:25:14 pm by Cathar »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 05, 2017, 02:36:56 pm »

Which one is Cemir Pestratus again? You done a picture yet?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #267 on: October 05, 2017, 02:41:47 pm »

Not yet, as she was sort of unimportant up to this point, but she goes along Ryukan very well. Along Xetan, she's his only unmarried female friend

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 05, 2017, 02:45:31 pm »

Not yet, as she was sort of unimportant up to this point, but she goes along Ryukan very well. Along Xetan, she's his only unmarried female friend

Hmm... Ima roll a dice for this one, I'm at a loss.

Damn, ok, looks like I'm stuck with Cemir.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #269 on: October 05, 2017, 02:48:08 pm »

Alright then ! We'll celebrate the wedding next update. We need more good news in Watershield
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 110