Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 230673 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #345 on: October 21, 2017, 03:55:53 am »

You keep the world running smoothly by stocking our larders with delicious meat roasts.

You're doing great job Mr.Nate, just remember to keep kids outta kitchen.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #346 on: October 21, 2017, 12:24:22 pm »

Summer to early autumn 138.

A lot of things happened lately and I hadn't much time to settle down since then. But with things going that fast, it's very important for us not to rush, and to take some time to think to our next moves.
The month of May was as calm as it could be. We made progress on the second barrack near the entrance of the village. Soon our swordmen will have a real barrack and our response time will increase by significant factor. We also started to forge new gugirane armors sets to reform the archer squad. Thratnu, Uquur's husband, is already trained in martial arts and will take the command of this squad, at least temporarily. Two armors has been crafted so far ; one for him, one for Zefer. The rest of the group will carry bows and light Ombathalo armors until we can safely retire them - making our third squad a light skirmisher team with ranged and melee capacity.

Things got heated really fast in early June, when yet another army marched upon Watershield. Their first men crossed the bridge faster than we could react - our forces retreated into the old barracks as the civilians took shelter into the keep. The drawbridge was raised, cutting their vanguard from their rearguard. My men then sallied out and their first wave was eliminated quickly.

But now the problem of the bulk of their troops massing in the east side of the fort had to be dealt with. Our thirty men moved to the south, where we could flank them and take the initiative in the fight. Our plan was simple : charge, break their ranks, disperse and eliminate - using the quality of our troops to break them and send them reeling.

Music

Their leader, Ngom Seducedog, appears to be a litterate man

They reacted rather quickly for a disorganized mass and ran toward us. The clash was as brutal as it gets.

"Age Oled Ura Usmen, Ala Egu", Motto of the Riverguard

Luckily, our plan worked as intended. Our charge totally broke their ranks, sending them flying on one another. The battle had to be won quickly, as we could not sustain a fight this intense for very long, wearing heavy armors.

Apparently, I forgot to desmiss the Prince Ryukan before the battle, so the man joined us. Altho not a soldier, he performed quite well, slaying two of the goblins.
The fight was as dirty as it can possibly be, and corpses started piling at our feet. Three of our men, Ryukan, Ostri and Sas were wounded during the fight, but nobody died outright.

A few hours of battle, and the east side of Watershield was littered with goblins bodies. A number of them were captured alive, some of them managed to flee ; but their main force was covered in their own guts below our ankles.

The victory was almost total. Ryukan was desmissed and send to rest with the other wounded. Thanks to our good doctor - who is becoming now very skilled - everyone managed to recover fully in a month.

A bit of time passed, before three good news reached us.

First of all, we finished the second barracks. Imic's swordsmen were moved there at once.
Second, as he was recovering, Ryukan learnt that he had become a father ! A little girl it is. (Ryukan if you want to name your first born be my guest)
And lastly, Zothoabo's daughter is now in age of working and needs to choose a career. While we always need more arms for the army, maybe our doctor has other plans for his elder daughter.

Mid autumn 138... There's still a lot of work to do.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 12:40:00 pm by Cathar »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 21, 2017, 03:25:16 pm »

A Daughter eh? Hmmm, good name, good name......

How about.... actually I'm clueless, just keep whatever name she was assigned by the RNG
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #348 on: October 21, 2017, 04:42:22 pm »

You sure? Unless some happen, the little bundle is your succession right here.
Princess Cemir suggest "Ini" for a name.

Spoiler: Ini (click to show/hide)

If you change your mind, let me know. Also additional drawings on the board. Posted early because I wanted to have something to show.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 22, 2017, 10:25:21 am »

hates those who wield power over others[...]finds the ideas of independence and freedom somewhat foolish
Wha?
Also, is it me or will the baby grow up to be a terrible person? The whole
poor empathy, little patience
and
She is as avaricious as they come, obsessed with acquiring wealth.
and
She is made deeply uncomfortable by differences in culture or appearance.
things don't paint the best picture of her imo
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #350 on: October 22, 2017, 11:23:14 am »

Well....no but...
You can't deny she has the profile for the job !

Besides she's not totally evil. She has (will have?) a love-hate relation with power, have trouble understanding people, loves money and don't like outsiders that much. It doesnt speak very well of her but, she's not outright evil.

And even if she is, we have a council of noblemen in Watershield for important decisions. It's not like the Prince is all powerful. It's however true that she'll have to represent the people of the principalty to the other lords and to the queen.

Edit : Also how can anyone hate a baby? She's perfect I tell you

Edit 2 :

Before we go into the autumn update, here is the table of deeds of last battle, as the enemy came with a number of officers.

Spoiler: Enemy officer defeated (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemy captured (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 05:38:33 pm by Cathar »

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 22, 2017, 05:50:34 pm »

Did Ases see battle at all?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #352 on: October 22, 2017, 05:54:20 pm »

Of course she does, everyone in the two heavy infantry squads fight. But she hasn't killed any HF, so it's hard for me to keep track of everything she killed during this peculiar battle

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 22, 2017, 05:57:11 pm »

Holy shit, she killed a troll and five goblins! That's right, babe. Earn the name Danger.

I'll write and post something later on. Maybe not tonight, but soon.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #354 on: October 22, 2017, 05:59:13 pm »

Note that the requirement to earn a heroic name, which is probably the highest level of glory one can expect to achieve, one must kill five historical figures, so it seems. Imic and Uquur, hand down the best fighters of the fort, don't have a heroic name yet (but probably very soon)

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 22, 2017, 06:04:50 pm »

I doubt she'd care about the name. She just wants to fight for the sake of fighting.

Whatever I do won't be a journal entry. The quest for knowledge is pointless to her and I can't see any reason she'd keep a journal.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 22, 2017, 06:48:36 pm »

https://journeyman89.deviantart.com/art/Ases-Skindive-Small-Pic-711197115

Until I can figure out how to post the pics directly onto here, I'll link 'em to my Deviant Art page. I should anyway, my fans there will like to see what I'm up to.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 07:09:18 pm by Urist McVoyager »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 22, 2017, 06:59:28 pm »

My Child is a sweet angel. Any who say otherwise better be prepared to fight for that.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #358 on: October 22, 2017, 07:02:54 pm »

Fantastic ! I wish I could into 3D. But everytime a frenchman does 3D the world dies a little
Ill try to follow Ases more carefully next battle !

To post an image, the best format is :
Code: [Select]
[img width=200]url.png[/img]It's the one I use.

Also of course she's adorable and our next princess ! Long live baby Ini o/

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 22, 2017, 07:04:40 pm »

ETA: That's not quite working. I'll have to tinker with it.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 07:07:23 pm by Urist McVoyager »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 111