Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 230615 times)

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #525 on: November 22, 2017, 12:03:29 pm »

Muahahahaha! I get a mention in the diary. Crushed a perfectly good apple. I'll crush more than apples next time you fuck up around my dad, twerp. I'll bake you a cake, stick it in front of you, and when you think you're going to get your face pushed in it, I'm just going to pick it up and drop it upside down on the floor.

Of all the terrible things that can happen to a character in Dwarf Fortress, that is the worst.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 22, 2017, 04:51:45 pm »

Muahahahaha! I get a mention in the diary. Crushed a perfectly good apple. I'll crush more than apples next time you fuck up around my dad, twerp. I'll bake you a cake, stick it in front of you, and when you think you're going to get your face pushed in it, I'm just going to pick it up and drop it upside down on the floor.

Now this is sig worthy.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 23, 2017, 12:05:30 am »

You have my permission.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #528 on: November 23, 2017, 06:32:05 am »

Remember that we probably have a dim view on [ETHIC:TORTURE_FOR_FUN]. Poor Donu :( Now I just want to give the poor baby a hug.
Seriously she's adorbs in her own way. By the way : autumn update is almost complete. Maybe tonight ! After that, winter update with Hustrà's miniplot, and then...we'll probably update to the new release.

Also I'm 100% in favor of arranged marriages, for a lot of reasons (peace within the families are one of them). I suggest we wait until she hits some 18, but Zotho's family should have no problem sorting potential suitors in the meantime
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 06:57:38 am by Cathar »

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 23, 2017, 10:54:13 am »

I'd hold off on updating to the new version until a few patches in. Just in case. I don't notice anything gamebreaking yet, but I don't think you want to go with a new release straight off the bat.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 23, 2017, 07:30:18 pm »

Indeed.  Though, once it seems stable, the new options on the (C)ivilization menu sound like they'd be great for storytelling here.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #531 on: November 23, 2017, 09:21:23 pm »

Autumn 139

The project of piercing the aquifer goes on, but not as smoothly as I'd have liked. We lost one builder in the process, and couldn't retrieve the corpse, which forced us to postpone the job for weeks, for the time the corpse took to decay and not poison the workers. The deceased was a fisherwoman by the name of Uthret. Drowned...an ironic death for a fisherman, for the gods seem to have a quite morbid sense of humor. Luckily, she was unmarried and left behind neither orphan nor widower.
Nevertheless, we're not going to drink from that aquifer anytime soon, and the sooner we're through it, the better.

In early autumn, the goblins of Osme Stobûb came again. We begin to desperate to see them giving up ; we're slaughtering them by hundreds, yet every year, sometimes twice a year, they come back... this time led by a crossbowman by the name of Nako Jaundicedsin, incidently the son of Ngom Seducedog, we slain some time before. We slain the grandmother, the father and now the son is coming too. Alright.

Slada, first son of the defunct Rethi-Eli, was the first one to see them. He was coming back from what I assume was a stroll in the forest, and was on the bridge when they came out of it. He raised the alarm, but before the army could assemble, he was already charging at them, alone. He slew a bunch of their vanguard, before he was surrounded.

He received a flail hit that broke his ankle, throwing it on the ground. The enemy then gathered around it, and the poor young man was attacked from all sides.
Luckily, Slada was an excellent fighter, and even totally surrounded, he managed to fend off his attackers long enough for part of the army to arrive.

Mim was and still is the most formidable fighter we have at our disposal. Ever since he lost his wife and kids, he dedicated himself to his training fully - he's as strong as an ox and was personally trained by the father of our axe arts, Commander Stipoth Buttervalley of Brokenbronze. Mim ran through the goblins, held in place by the fierce resistance of Slada, and after he inflicted gruesome losses on their ranks, the rest of the army could charge a totally disorganized enemy troop.

From then on, it was a massacre. Goblins, trolls and beakdogs would flee in terror, only to be caught by our traps or chased by our troops and killed on the ground.

Slada was taken to the hospital soon after our unilateral victory. He was to walk with a crutch for a few months, but without further complication. All things considered, he got off lucky.

This is our ninth victory over the forces of Lomoth, but we are under no illusions we will have to fight them off over and over. They might be stubborn, but so are we, and Watershield is here to stay.

In other news, Donu finally fits in her armor !

I've been following the training of this child for more than a year now, and Trathnu and I are happy to report she's making excellent progress. She's now a Talented Swordgirl, and for now, the most advanced student of the training captain. Until she's done with her training, in probably half a year or so, she'll assist him in drilling the new recruits. Dengusa, but also Duslud, Sirris and other kids - Turot, Quogb, Erab and Nemen, are now in age of receiving proper training before chosing a career.

Last but not least, when winter came on the calendar, we can proudly state that the first layer of the aquifer has been successfully pierced !

The second layer might prove more difficult, but we're making substential progress. This is a first time in the world of Minbazkar.

What a time to be alive.

We're closing on our ninth year, and now I feel is a good time to set a limit to Watershield.

For now our objective as are follow :

-Finish the copper outer wall
-Build a number of small houses inside the walls and give homes to most of the families. Those homes should be enough for them to live decently.
- If possible, build Prince Ryukan a proper small castle
- Pierce the aquifer

For Donu, do you wish to change her career? She still have some training to go through, but once she's done, the world is her oister. She doesn't have to be a priestess, she can be pretty much anything. Same goes for Dengusa, as we might need a dedicated weaponsmith and I'm not adverse to train him specifically for this task
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 09:25:50 pm by Cathar »

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 24, 2017, 10:25:39 am »

Ah, so you've set a definitive end for the story.  Afterwards you've got some adventurer ideas planned, right?

For Donu, do you wish to change her career? She still have some training to go through, but once she's done, the world is her oister. She doesn't have to be a priestess, she can be pretty much anything. Same goes for Dengusa, as we might need a dedicated weaponsmith and I'm not adverse to train him specifically for this task

Oh, there's no actual weaponsmith?  If Dengusa has been collecting clutter from the battlefield, then melting, then learning to forge weapons . . . that could be fun.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 24, 2017, 12:16:28 pm »

I apolagise for a lack of activit on my part, I'm extremely busy right now, I hope that  no - one thinks I'm dead.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #534 on: November 24, 2017, 03:41:30 pm »

No problem Imic, real life comes first !

Also, yeah. We're approaching the ten years mark, and we've been in there for more than half a real life year. At some point, we gotta move. BUT also yes, I have a lot of ideas. I want to involve people in a more direct way, and I'm thinking about creating a knight order made of adventurers, each of them played by a different player, and send them on quests in the world. This way, we can create a number of short story, have fun, and explore the lore. And save the kingdom possibly

And yeah, we have weaponsmith, who are, basically craftmen that take the role. But we don't have a true, dedicated, professional weaponsmith, so our gear remains in rather low quality. When Dengusa finishes his training, he can totally fill that role !
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 10:30:33 pm by Cathar »

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 24, 2017, 10:31:44 pm »

What was Zefer up to recently?
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #536 on: November 24, 2017, 10:40:53 pm »

Well, Zefer continues his service in the knight squad, alongside his little sister. He's now 19 years old. He participated in the last battle you can see him among the crowd, in the screenshots) and so far, has slain eleven goblins, four trolls and one beakdog. He's also Legendary in most of the combat skills. All in all, he's doing fine.

But if you have an idea about a mini arc about him, I'm very open to suggestion, so I'd draw something else than battles :)

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 24, 2017, 11:02:10 pm »

Well, Zefer continues his service in the knight squad, alongside his little sister. He's now 19 years old. He participated in the last battle you can see him among the crowd, in the screenshots) and so far, has slain eleven goblins, four trolls and one beakdog. He's also Legendary in most of the combat skills. All in all, he's doing fine.

But if you have an idea about a mini arc about him, I'm very open to suggestion, so I'd draw something else than battles :)
Depends on if you want something....light hearted or what?
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #538 on: November 24, 2017, 11:22:55 pm »

Why not? I'm not against a bit of happiness in Watershield, long time we had only fights and death and work.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 25, 2017, 12:03:36 am »

I'm fine with her becoming a priestess. And now that Duslud is an adult I can focus a bit more on his arc. But I am not against Donu becoming dedicated weaponsmith. I feel like she would enjoy the job a bit more than priestess, lol.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 111