Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 236652 times)

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #540 on: November 25, 2017, 08:57:46 am »

I saw Ases in that crowd as well. What'd she do during the battle?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #541 on: November 26, 2017, 05:37:59 am »

Bonus stupidity o/

As for Ases, she was...effective. She just shank them ghetto style and it seems to work

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 05:43:51 am by Cathar »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 26, 2017, 05:39:39 am »

"We'll make stonetraps out of them"

Ahahahahah.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 26, 2017, 07:23:42 am »

"Stonetraps" joke is awesomely hilarious!

Actually, is putting me in queue for dorfing possible? Preferably man (woman okay as well), fighter/archer, young and unmarried? Any rules on names? "Satheth" / "Sath" (for short) sounds quite good and at least somewhat resembles forum name.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 09:28:16 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 26, 2017, 08:50:14 am »

The name should make sense. At the least make it something translatable into Human, if you don't pop open the language file and do the translating yourself.

And damn, I'm loving that combat log. Ases (I pronounce it Aces.) is an asskicker.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #545 on: November 26, 2017, 01:00:24 pm »

This is amazing.  The artwork and storytelling make it top-notch.

I'd like to be humaned if possible as a socially awkward eccentric who trains exotic war animals and/or makes traps, whichever suits your playstyle better.  All his social interactions should involve bluntly stating exactly the wrong thing to say to the listener.  Named Digo, I guess?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #546 on: November 26, 2017, 03:09:31 pm »

I have a few children that came to age this year, so you can be dorfed with no problem. This is especially cool since I actually need a mechanic too. Your characters will still have to attend our ...school program (?) but they will be ingame starting from year 140 !

Also, on names, Ases pretty much explained it. There is no real rule, except it should sound credible as to not to break the fourth wall. Basically, it has to be something identifiable as a name , as opposed for exemple as a forum pseudonym
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 03:16:31 pm by Cathar »

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 26, 2017, 08:12:42 pm »

IndigoFenix could be translated as blue bird and there might be an in-game human equivalent for that.

Aroica is BlueEagle.

Aroeman is BlueBird. Took me a second to figure out how to find bird from blue.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 08:26:17 pm by Urist McVoyager »

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #548 on: November 26, 2017, 09:01:08 pm »

Well, IndigoFenix, the choice is yours o/ Digo is fine tho, but if you want to change you still can

On a minor note, I've been working on your dorfin' designs

Aaaand on a list of clans for Watershield, for easy reference and to avoid inbreeding by trying to woo a girl that might be a cousin. Luckily, no inbreeding so far in the fortress.

5megs file tho

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 26, 2017, 09:33:26 pm »

I don't think the game counts it as in-breeding outside of immediate family. Mom, dad, brothers and sisters. Maybe Aunts and Uncles. And the game does a hard no on any of that.

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 26, 2017, 11:17:49 pm »

Alright so a few questions before I get to writing, first off who was the "Brother" being mentioned between the three ladies (is like their names as well)? And two, has Zefer the legendary goblin tosser had any of the ladies offering lunch to him? With those out of the way onto writing.

Diary of Zefer Scribefondled,
It seems that with each passing year I gain a need for protecting my family, my father growing older and still in that aquifer makes me worry that he would be the next cadaver in the water..it was tainted not so long ago by a fisherwoman...another face in Watershield that I seem to fail at protecting, I became a knight not so long ago, more rigorous exercises and the like...my sister is still behind me in the improvement factors...yet my heart swell with pride at every foe she faces gets sliced onto thin fleshy strips... I have noticed that my training has been getting boring and that oddly enough I am far exceeding the expectations of a knight. If maybe soon, I can get my own squad and a fresh batch of recruits to call my soldiers... It is a hopeful dream as much as one that i hold within my beating heart...that someone pierces me with affection...someone that my father or sister could be proud of...
Is that a little much...diary? That I one day have a family of my own? I guess it will be a fleeting dream, after all...I was made to fight and bring pride to Watershields...to Stop a war with these goblins, Dwarves and now...elfin kind. It has been a long day for me.
-Zefer
*There is no artwork here only what seem to be blotches of ink*
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #551 on: November 27, 2017, 12:12:55 am »

Alright so a few questions before I get to writing, first off who was the "Brother" being mentioned between the three ladies (is like their names as well)? And two, has Zefer the legendary goblin tosser had any of the ladies offering lunch to him? With those out of the way onto writing.

So from left to right in the first pannel, their names would be : Sirris, Donu and Ebkusa. The brother in question would be Sas, who's one of Zefer fellow knights. Also while I don't think Zefer had any luck with the ladies so far, he's in age of being married, and in medieval times, that's what the parents are for. If you wish to propose to a lady, just mention it. Some common sense rules - she must be over eighteen, not blood related (so basically no one from the Jalew or Asin clans) and if the girl in question is either a dorf or the daughter of a dorf, I'll need the consent of its player

Also nice ! Thanks a lot for the writing ! I'll focus a bit more on Zefer

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 27, 2017, 01:05:51 am »

Ases and her fellow soldiers waded into the fierce melee around Slada. Ases didn't care why Slada was surrounded by goblins. She simply intended to do something about it. Beside her fellows, she reached the breach and began hacking and kicking away. Enemy limbs broke, or flew away before her and her mighty longsword. Ases was having such a wonderful time, she didn't even notice the passage of time during the battle. It felt like an eyeblink before the enemies were running or limping away screaming. Those they hadn't killed, anyway. She looked down at her blood-soaked sword and whispered, "still thirsty, little brother?"

She shrugged and wiped it clean before sheathing it. She knew swords couldn't talk, and so hadn't expected an answer. She did feel she was getting closer to naming it.

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 27, 2017, 01:46:19 am »

So from left to right in the first pannel, their names would be : Sirris, Donu and Ebkusa. The brother in question would be Sas, who's one of Zefer fellow knights. Also while I don't think Zefer had any luck with the ladies so far, he's in age of being married, and in medieval times, that's what the parents are for. If you wish to propose to a lady, just mention it. Some common sense rules - she must be over eighteen, not blood related (so basically no one from the Jalew or Asin clans) and if the girl in question is either a dorf or the daughter of a dorf, I'll need the consent of its player

Also nice ! Thanks a lot for the writing ! I'll focus a bit more on Zefer
I thought marriage was a lot more autonomous in this series, Ya know the game would do the marriage itself. Who are all of our dorfed/hooman'd females?
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 27, 2017, 01:59:33 am »

Well, IndigoFenix, the choice is yours o/ Digo is fine tho, but if you want to change you still can

On a minor note, I've been working on your dorfin' designs

Aaaand on a list of clans for Watershield, for easy reference and to avoid inbreeding by trying to woo a girl that might be a cousin. Luckily, no inbreeding so far in the fortress.

5megs file tho
Design for Satheth is looking real awesome! Can't wait to see it completed

Two questions:
Is it possible to learn some more about him? Maybe slight bits about family?
Who was dorfed as Sirris? I'll reread things, but I did not see any hint on this
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 111