Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 236867 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #630 on: December 04, 2017, 05:14:44 am »

I tried ;A;
Like I really supertried, unfortunatly she'll probably die an old girl. Which makes me a wee bit sad but that's also what she wants as an adventurer so...
Maybe, just maybe I can try to make a tavern and lure her in Watershield, where I could marry her? That sounds creepy as fuck tho

Else, I'd just have her finish her life as a big mama lookalike, spewing MGSV references like "I only get off my stead when I die or decide to walk instead"
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 05:59:35 am by Cathar »

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 04, 2017, 12:18:58 pm »

I think that due to a bug retired adventurers can't have children tho
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 04, 2017, 01:28:28 pm »

Let us see what our autumn will bring fellas, I'm eager to see who has the gall to attack Watershield!
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 04, 2017, 03:56:45 pm »

Maybe this is just because I'm impatient waiting for the next update, but have you ever considered posting a save so we can play around with non-cannon Mong Kima stories, or help you delve the legends for cool characters?
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #634 on: December 04, 2017, 11:01:11 pm »

Uploading a save...I'd rather not do for practical reasons, but if you want I can very well upload detailed legend xml? Would that be okay ?
Else I'm working on the next update.

Also why non-canon stories? Wouldn't it be better if they were canon? It might take a while until we're done with Watershield, but after that, we can definitely do a community thing, I'll upload the save then
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:06:49 am by Cathar »

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 05, 2017, 09:52:21 am »

I'm just impatient, I'll take whatever you're willing to give.

I guess stories was the wrong idea. For writing in this thread, I would only do cannon stories, but messing around with the fort as overseer, and seeing what happens when I play might be fun.... also running around in Armok Vision.

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 05, 2017, 10:00:36 am »

Armok Vision is definitely fun, but it's getting an overhaul so it won't be available to the newest versions for quite some time. It's a pity. It looks so cool, too!

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 05, 2017, 01:41:55 pm »

Armok Vision is definitely fun, but it's getting an overhaul so it won't be available to the newest versions for quite some time. It's a pity. It looks so cool, too!

True.

I haven't played the new version yet, part of it is I'm busy, the other part is I'm too spoiled by graphic packs and mods to play vanilla+ASCII. As far as I know this fort uses 43.05 and it runs DFhack because we get all the nice stonesense screenshots. I just want some fancy 3d Armok Vision screenshots. Or even better, a save file so I can run around the fort myself, lol.

But it's up to Cathar, and I didn't really expect a save tbh. I'm happy with whatever you are willing to give.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 05, 2017, 04:15:07 pm »

That moment when you prefer a game of Dwarf fortress to your own life.
At least leaving certificate exams aren't in Dwarf fortress.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 05, 2017, 04:25:46 pm »

That moment when you prefer a game of Dwarf fortress to your own life.
At least leaving certificate exams aren't in Dwarf fortress.

That moment when you try to explain what you've been doing with your life, and why some indie game without graphics has consumed all your time, lol.

been there.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #640 on: December 07, 2017, 12:27:59 pm »

Alright, winter's update coming this week end, we have a few more days to discuss the state of affairs in this late autumn.

First of all, I want to present to you the current state of affairs.

As you can see, the southern wall is now completely finished, and the western side is well underway. The temple complex is still under construction, but all its part remain functional. More work will however be done to improve the quality of life for people doing research, tending to wounds or simply praying to the gods.

Maybe a hall of heroes should be added ; making statues of glass is easy and consumes only few ressources. By comissioning statues, we'd be able to write our history in a manner not dissimilar as the dwarves do, with statues instead of engraving.

So, starting next year, we should hold a meeting about who deserves the most to be immortalized for the season - something like "employee of the month", and a statue will be made of that person and added to the hall of heroes.

The two barracks on the southern side will be copied further south and transformed into towers. Those four towers will then be linked by walls, which will organically result in a small, but easily defendable castle. The wooden keep will remain as the safehouse for civilians, and the fighting personnel will stand in the entrance castle.

All of those constructions take a somewhat heavy toll on the wood, which is pretty much the limiting factor in our expansion. But once we have a true access to the caverns underground, I believe this problem will be partly obliviated.

I also present to you the list of our current prisonners.

Deliberations need to be held about what we'd do for them. I believe people wanted to let them go, and I'm not opposed to the idea, but other ideas are of course, welcome.

I'll upload the legends with the next update o/
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:34:11 pm by Cathar »

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 07, 2017, 12:56:59 pm »

I vote the prisoners be used as a sacrifice to all the justice gods, we need all the holy help we can get if we are to be attacked by mountainhomes, Fortresses and Resorts...also to bring justice to the family's in the towns that were sacked in this forsaken war.
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 07, 2017, 02:20:49 pm »

I like the idea of digging up legends on the prisoners and judging them on their actions. If they deserve death, find a FUN way to execute them.

If that's too much work.... idk, take their stuff and use them for live training?

Letting them go could work too. I know we all like peace as a cultural value, but releasing the prisoners from the last active military engagement in Mong Kima seems a bit too naive.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #643 on: December 07, 2017, 05:15:44 pm »

All the trolls are considered cattle by the goblins, and as such have no peculiar story. Most of the goblins, and some of the elves are also simple grunts, but some have a story behind them.

Upon interrogation, here's what we can learn.

• Prisonners from Wulemaapasi

I˙e Racaluthalů is but a simple elven swordsman. He had a shield made of featherwood we took. Shame the craftmanship is supbar - extremely light shields are a valuable good.
Fale Ayepati comes from Cyclonglimmer, a forest retreat far north. She's 21 years old. She looks like a simple recruit, only noticeable thing about her is having survived an attack from a Moon Horror... And Moon Horrors are terrifying beasts.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

• Prisonners from Osme Stobűb

Stâsost Nusmkutsmob  : Goblin grunt archer. Nothing to say about himself.
Űsbu Omosprut : This one we manage to get some informations. She comes from Foldedtorments, a dark pit to the northeast and studied to be a bard. She came to Watershield accompanying her master, Em Seducethunder, who was slain by Ases. She's married to another female goblin.
Smunstu Unugsnodub : Another bard. Apparently pretty skilled. She is the author of a song, "It must have been dimensions". She murdered two people, but apparently it's something cultural to goblins.
Tode Bosastuxul : Bard, mother of five. Of her children, one was murdered, one was eaten by giant wolves, and two were slain by ourselves during the siege in which she was captured.
Olngö Kutsmobasu : Comes from Cathated, a small Dark Pit on the opposite side of the great lake, that has been voided of its population. Altho we learnt that Cathated was attacked by multiple beasts over the years, we suppose their low population may be the result of mass conscription. Nothing of substance could be learnt from Olngö.
Estrur Stozusponu : Goblin grunt. Nothing to be learnt upon interrogation.
Gozru Amxudon : Same. Simple goblin bowman.
Űsbu Uksosxosun : Simple goblin swordman grunt. Nothing to be learnt.
Zolak Gozruul : Another grunt.
Snang Usplogozru : Another grunt.
Ngluslu Ngebzoboslut : Grunt
Gozru Slonansnamoz : Grunt
Besmar Sigunkab : When Astesh told us "Sigunkab" was dwarven, we knew this one had stuff to tell us. He was born in Scalescities, a dwarven hillocks actually very close to us, in 104. He was kidnapped in 111, and moved to Dungeonpleat, capital citie of Osme Stobűb. He married another abductee from the same village. His wife was to be murdered six years later. He then moved on to Dreadfulfilth where he was a butcher for a decade before being conscripted.
Ollin Ubbilibash : Another dwarven name for a dwarven soldier. This one is born in Towerhermit, another Hillock nearby. Kidpanned in his first year, he was moved to Dungeonpleat where he spent all his life as a ranger. In 125, he moved to Dreadfulfilth, where he married a local dwarf woman, name Zolak. Since he had experience with weapons, he was named commander and attacked us in 137, two years ago. His wife was with him and was slain during the battle.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 07, 2017, 06:42:22 pm »

• Ollin Ubbilibash : Execute publicly to make a big show about "justice'', strip the others and let the go at the edge of the map, eat the beak dogs because we can....I think.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 111