Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 236639 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2017, 11:21:35 pm »

Damn, I look fabulous.
Have you ever read Doomforests?
If not, there was a massive werebeast infestation in a nearby human town, so bad that all human caravans generally tore themselves apart before they left.
They, of course, had to deal with a lot of the, getting infected.
One, however, survived a battle in the dining room between all of the werebeasts.
Ast.
Ast, from then on, was locked away underground once a month, and even formed her own v sattelite village called Astville, which was happier than the actual fort.
What they did was they tracked the days pf the months, and locked her away whenever there was a full moon.
For roleplaying reasons, I don't think we can simply leave them to die, since this town is a very tight knigh community, so you could try the Doomforest approach?
I'm sorry I blabbered, I do that a lot
Ah, old Doomforests. I loved that place, even when it became an esoteric clusterfuck of warring cults and overseers sabotaging eachother.
Especially then, actually.

Will sig that when I get off
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2017, 12:14:47 pm »

Can you dorf me as an old man, preferably either in the military or holding any noble position (things like broker and bookkeeper too). Since my name is pretty un-humanly I think I'll go for the name Lymann

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2017, 12:19:51 pm »

I'm already bookkeeper!

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2017, 12:28:21 pm »

We however need a broker really bad and very urgently, as summer is coming. So you'll be dorfed next update !

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2017, 12:47:19 pm »

Great! I'll make sure trading will go (fairly) well.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2017, 06:25:03 pm »

Alright, update for Spring is done ! I'll wait until tomorrow if Megaman wants to post a medical story, then I'll post the update.
Lemonpie, you've been dorfed in !

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Three important notes about your characters tho  :
• You're the uncle of Uquur, which is sort of the local celebrity
• Altho you haven't fought for a very long time, you're a war veteran having killed one jaguar and eight elves during a battle I was unaware of
• We'll have to wait for a bit for the picture ; I'll use the summer trade as an occasion to draw your character

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2017, 08:44:46 pm »

>he is dejected after a lack of decent meals
Are you criticizing my cooking skills, old man? :P
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2017, 07:14:42 am »

Alright, update for Spring is done ! I'll wait until tomorrow if Megaman wants to post a medical story, then I'll post the update.
Lemonpie, you've been dorfed in !

Three important notes about your characters tho  :
• You're the uncle of Uquur, which is sort of the local celebrity
• Altho you haven't fought for a very long time, you're a war veteran having killed one jaguar and eight elves during a battle I was unaware of
• We'll have to wait for a bit for the picture ; I'll use the summer trade as an occasion to draw your character
A poor man depressed because he settled down and got a decent job. Midlife Crisis 101. I love it, thanks!

>he is dejected after a lack of decent meals
Are you criticizing my cooking skills, old man? :P
Who wouldn't :P

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2017, 01:07:14 pm »

I did a little character intro for Zothoabo. If you see anything that doesn't follow the lore, let me know.

*knock* *knock*

“Come in.”

The door opened and Mim Eschahiner walked in holding up his mangled left hand. It was smashed open, and would require simple surgery to fix.

“I see. Sit down please. I’ll grab a bucket to wash the wound.”

Zothoabo walked outside to grab a bucket.

“Ugh, rain. Of course, it always rains here.”

He tried to cover his head with his hands, but by the time he had filled the bucket and returned he was soaked. It wasn’t cold enough to catch pneumonia, but he hated the feeling nonetheless.

He returned to Mim with the bucket. “Just soak your hand in this. It will clean the wound, so you don’t get infected.” After watching Mim gingerly submerge his hand in the water bucket, Zothoabo continued the conversation, “How are you liking the River Guard so far? I mean, it has its perks. This bedroom is amazing, and the dining room is far nicer than anything back in the old country. I do miss the tradition a bit. Ok, you can take your hand out now.”

Mim removed his hand from the water, and Zothoabo began poking and prodding the injured appendage. Mim winced in pain as Zothoabo resumed the discussion. “It’d be nice if they built a place for me to pray. And this rain is god awful. The people here are pretty great though. I had an argument the other day, and I tell you, I haven’t felt more alive.”  Mim winced in pain, “I know it hurts, just need to find the right….” CRACK! Mim screamed as the doctor snapped his hand back into place. “See, all done, easy peasy.” Zothoabo began to expertly stitch the gash Mim’s hand. “It will be all healed up soon. Let’s grab a drink to celebrate. Maybe there will be another show at the tavern. Besides the alcohol will numb the pain.”

As Mim and Zothoabo headed to the tavern, Zothoabo mused to himself, “It is nice to be busy. I feel like I have a place with the River Guard. Maybe I should bring my wife and kids down here.”

As they entered the bustling tavern, Zothoabo instinctively reached to his belt to grab his coinpurse, then remembered one of the best things about the River Guard, free beer. “The rain still sucks, but life isn’t too bad.” he proclaimed patting Mim on the back, then raising his mug to the ceiling shouted, “To the River Guard!”

« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 03:03:40 pm by Megaman_zx »
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2017, 01:19:05 pm »

To the river guard!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2017, 02:17:25 pm »

So cool ! Thanks a lot !

I'll draw a bit about that maybe in the summer update. The good new is, Mim completely recovered and has gone back to training, thanks to our doctor.
Also when/if I do a pdf with this AAR, maybe in a while, would you mind if I put your writing in it? You'll be mentionned by name and all

Also I usually don't do that, but here's a WIP. I want to post something before the joke gets too old. Everything should be completed by tomorrow

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 05:29:49 pm by Cathar »

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2017, 09:34:09 pm »

So cool ! Thanks a lot !

I'll draw a bit about that maybe in the summer update. The good new is, Mim completely recovered and has gone back to training, thanks to our doctor.
Also when/if I do a pdf with this AAR, maybe in a while, would you mind if I put your writing in it? You'll be mentionned by name and all

Of course. I'll try to develop the narrative into a full fledged story as the world progresses.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2017, 07:12:18 am »

Spring 133 is now over and it's time to update this dairy.
We have received no more news from outside in four months. No development in war, no battle and no political happenning... We just know that things are getting pretty tense in Hairyoracle, which is likely to claim its independance or otherwise go into major internal strife, and the skirmishes around Brokenbronze seem to have grind to a halt. I believe the Poetic Seas simply don't have anything to throw at our western brothers anymore. For the time being, lets say that no news is good news and hope for the best.

We continued to expend the village and totally finished the hospital. Zothoabo has been moved there permanently and has been joined by his wife and kids. For now, injuries are low as we keep it mostly safe. To prevent more fallings, the barracks has been moved to a dedicated building next to the keep. Not only this will prevent more injury, this will also increase our response speed.

During mid-spring, a huge migration wave stroke us and took us unprepared, tho...

Looks like I have to reorganize everything and speed up the expension project. To make things easier, I decided to take a quick census of our people.

Alright, so it doesn't look that bad but reorganization is not an option. Saren and Mate will have to come back into the common room to make space for families with children. In the meantime, people in the military will have their rooms in the barracks. The bachelors, widows and widowers will have to wait for their turn however...

We also welcomed Lemann, an old veteran of the Crazed Conflict, and Uquur's uncle.

I decided to dig into the man's past and looks like a lot happened to him. He's the only survivor of his brotherhood - all his brother and sisters died during the Splattered Assault in 116. Lemann survived, killing five elves and one jaguar... To this day, he has a crown and a earring made of the elves he killed. We didn't bring the topic to him ; better show some understanding.

Before she died, one of his sisters married Tir, a local hero, and birthed Uquur who is now our dedicated axe teacher. What a family.
We gave him a position as a broker, and we'll give the man some peace. This is for our benefit, as we rely heavily on summer's fair to replenish our weapon, metal and stone stocks; so I hope the old man will be as good of a trader as he was of a soldier back in the days.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2017, 07:19:16 am »

As brilliant as ever. I should do some rping when I get the chance.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2017, 10:12:20 am »

That looks incredible!
Is there any way to find the names of Lemann's brothers and kills? I want to incorporate 'em in an RP post.

If not I'll make some names up myself :P
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 111