Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 230675 times)

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2017, 11:39:49 am »

Permission to be dorfed as someone in the military? Or anybody of your choosing.
Since my name isn't much of a human name I'm going to go with Zefer. (A play the word Zephyr)
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2017, 02:08:56 pm »

Lord_Lemonpie : But of course! So basically that's what happened.
The War of Sieging is a short war that happened between the Nation of Pearls and the Tusk of Churches, elves mostly set in the south western coast of the Land of Oak, in 116 (we're in 133). Lemann family seems to have been mobilized against the southern elvish menace and moved to defend settlements on the west coast, under the leadership of the axeman Lubbe Finbrushes.

They first met the army of Imere Silkentrammel in the Pink Dunes, were they knew their first defeat against vastly numerically superior forces. One thousand versus three hundred. They put up a good fight, but ended up having to retreat. 76 members of the Tusks died, 140 Pearlite met their fate. Lemann was wounded in the battle and was sent back to the backline to mend his wounds

The army of Finbrushes then retreated to Steppedress, a seashore settlement and was attacked again shortly after. Unable to rally their forces they were totally crushed and lost the totality of their remaining forces. Lubbe Finbrushes was slain by an unnammed elf during the fight.

Here's the family members he lost that day :

His sister Escu , Lasher, slain by a grizzly bear
His brother Mori, Crossbowman, slain by a grizzly bear
His brother Kajeth, Bowman, slain by a jaguar
His sister Erdap, Axeman, slain by an elf
His sister Stropsi, Crossbowman, slain by a grizzly bear
His mother, Zicab, Crossbowman, slain by a leopard

The elves he killed however are nameless (non HF)

Zepher : Of course ; we have one regiment of axes, one regiment of swords and we're building up a regiment of bows. Take your pick !

Imic : No rush ; altho you're ready to be promoted. Do you want to be promoted as a hearthcaptain or army captain? Not much differences between them, aside the hearthcaptain is basically the chief of the guard for humans. If you chose to be an army captain, I'll ask you for a squad name too

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2017, 02:14:26 pm »

Lord_Lemonpie : But of course! So basically that's what happened.
The War of Sieging is a short war that happened between the Nation of Pearls and the Tusk of Churches, elves mostly set in the south western coast of the Land of Oak, in 116 (we're in 133). Lemann family seems to have been mobilized against the southern elvish menace and moved to defend settlements on the west coast, under the leadership of the axeman Lubbe Finbrushes.

They first met the army of Imere Silkentrammel in the Pink Dunes, were they knew their first defeat against vastly numerically superior forces. One thousand versus three hundred. They put up a good fight, but ended up having to retreat. 76 members of the Tusks died, 140 Pearlite met their fate. Lemann was wounded in the battle and was sent back to the backline to mend his wounds

The army of Finbrushes then retreated to Steppedress, a seashore settlement and was attacked again shortly after. Unable to rally their forces they were totally crushed and lost the totality of their remaining forces. Lubbe Finbrushes was slain by an unnammed elf during the fight.

Here's the family members he lost that day :

His sister Escu , Lasher, slain by a grizzly bear
His brother Mori, Crossbowman, slain by a grizzly bear
His brother Kajeth, Bowman, slain by a jaguar
His sister Erdap, Axeman, slain by an elf
His sister Stropsi, Crossbowman, slain by a grizzly bear
His mother, Zicab, Crossbowman, slain by a leopard

The elves he killed however are nameless (non HF)

Zepher : Of course ; we have one regiment of axes, one regiment of swords and we're building up a regiment of bows. Take your pick !

Imic : No rush ; altho you're ready to be promoted. Do you want to be promoted as a hearthcaptain or army captain? Not much differences between them, aside the hearthcaptain is basically the chief of the guard for humans. If you chose to be an army captain, I'll ask you for a squad name too
Shoot, I'll take nest on the high ground, set me up for a bowman!
"Men! On my count!"

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2017, 02:22:41 pm »

I don'r mind, honestly.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2017, 02:24:29 pm »

Any idea on when I might finally get to be dorfed? :/
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2017, 02:31:41 pm »

I don't want to annoy you with more requests, but if there aren't any medical reports, an updated mood for Zothoabo, and maybe some more info on his family would help me develop the character more with another (very) short story.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2017, 02:53:18 pm »

So, hearthcaptain this is !
Glass : I believe you're the scholar Saren? You're already in for a very long time by now. The big guy with red hairs - that's your dorf

And here's a quick digging on Zothoabo :

He's born in 112. So he was 4 years old when the Splattered Assault occured, and present when it happened. Both his father and mother died during the battle inside the city but he was spared as a child

In 124 he married Hustra Oceanmanor, Wood Burner, and got to work as a fish cleaner for a time. Two years later, shortly after the birth of his first daughter, Donu (renaming possible always) he moved to Brokenbronze in search of a better life but did not achieved anything of substance. In 127, his wife gave birth to his first son Duslud.

In 130 he was present for a short skirmish between the Poetic Seas and Brokenbronze. In 131 he moved to Watershield with his family, and became chef Doctor in 132. Later on, his wife gave birth to their second daughter, Thur.

Current feelz :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2017, 02:54:25 pm »

You said that my human's lineage was unknow. What is the rest of his history, may I ask?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2017, 03:00:57 pm »

Well I'm afraid theres not much to say about Imic for now. He's born in 101, joined Watershield in 131, and has been successively an herbalist, then a farmer before joining the fledgling Riveguard Militia as the third member. He has excellent relations to Pathril, Uquur and Mim... But that's all I can tell. He doesnt have too much of a backstory

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2017, 03:17:39 pm »

"We all preferred peace, didn't we?"

A remarkably clear thought for the situation. All the men and women by his side had to think something different. The loving Shibbi most likely thought of her two beautiful daughters, the nine-year-old Ica and the three-year-old Αm. The skittish Cish undoubtely pictured his looming death. What Thomod thought, none would ever know. A mysterious man of little words he was.

Together with those three, Lemann was tasked with guarding the southern border of the hamlet. Lubbe, the army's commander, had ordered them to station in the barren lands just outside Steppedress. The cereals and legumes normally growing there had long since been harvested, and whatever men remained in the village were probably feeding on their own horses the last few days. They had suffered a massive defeat just over a week ago, at the hand of the cursed point-ears. Now they were holed up in a washed up town, like rats in a trap. All awaiting imminent death.

Just minutes ago, Lemann had heard the first screams coming from the village. He knew he was to stay at his post until ordered otherwise, but damned be Lubbe's orders. The incompetent fool He darted for the village as soon as he heard the shrill war-cries of the elves, accompanied by the growls of their war-beasts and the screams of men and women being torn apart.

And now here the three of them stood, hidden behind the corner of one of Steppedress' wooden shacks. Only twenty meters from them the battle raged furiously. People, his people, were dying there, and all Lemann could think about was peace. Those godsforsaken pointears would end them all. But he would not die a coward.

Lemann was the first to charge, followed immediately by Thomod and Shibbi. As he ran towards the frey, he felt his recently sutured wound had opened again. One of the elves had managed to shoot him through his chest. Less than an inch from his heart, the doctor had said. "Lucky to be alive" is what he had said. But a life like this was not lucky. It was hell.

The only word suitable to describe the battlefield was carnage. The once white central square was covered in blood and viscera. People screaming for mercy, elves gnawing on the limbs of the dead and dying. Yet Lemann was oblivious to it all. He just charged.

Screaming, Lemann awakened. His entire body covered in sweat. It took some time to realize where he was. His bedroom, in the Riverguard's fortress. He had not dreamt like this for at least a decade. Not as intense at this. Not as lifelike. Dreams like this had been regular, and compared to the most intense ones, this one was passable. He only relived the beginning, and was spared of the worst parts. Still, it was a setback, for all those years he had been better now. As he came to his senses again, he muttered a single phrase.

"Must have been that fucking soup"

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2017, 03:36:53 pm »

Mate's day was not a very good one. He came all the way from his home to this outpost in the middle of nowhere, made to harvest plants on a glasshouse, nearly suffocating in the heat of that place and then, when he managed to use what he harvested as a fine soup like old grandma used to make, some crazy soldier told him that it tasted like piss. Like piss! Definitively, he had a terrible taste in food. But he didn't care that much, at least he had a decent bedroom...

That night, as he was heading to his bedroom, Mate was interrupted by Xetan.
"I'm sorry, Mate, but in order to make some more space for the newcomers, we have reassigned you to the communal dormitory until further notice."
"Oh, okay, no problem. I don't mind." Mate said while his mind screamed all the curses and insults he knew of.

((Also, is there anything interesting about Mate or is he just a storyless dreg? Loving the thread btw))
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #101 on: May 31, 2017, 03:55:28 pm »

Unfortunately no - but I am positive people will start making families when they have free time. I see them taking turn in being idle and socializing. There's not too much to say about Mate, except that he's chaining up masterwork. But I believe to suspect people want lavish meals instead of just easy ones, be them masterwork. So we'll get that rolling for this Autumn and make people joyful ! (9 masterwork meals made so far, and the frequency increases a lot, now he's making one per day)

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2017, 04:17:13 pm »

Unfortunately no - but I am positive people will start making families when they have free time. I see them taking turn in being idle and socializing. There's not too much to say about Mate, except that he's chaining up masterwork. But I believe to suspect people want lavish meals instead of just easy ones, be them masterwork. So we'll get that rolling for this Autumn and make people joyful ! (9 masterwork meals made so far, and the frequency increases a lot, now he's making one per day)
Have you found a perfect candidate for my wording yet? I really want to participate in making the story of this civilization more in depth.
"Men! On my count!"

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2017, 04:37:58 pm »

Well, I have one archer that would fit - if you don't mind to be very young. All the other have permanent wounds. Else, I can give you a swordmaster and place you under Imic. It's up to you

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2017, 04:38:53 pm »

Any idea on when I might finally get to be dorfed? :/
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 111