Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 236351 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #960 on: February 19, 2018, 07:41:49 pm »

No, no, you're still alive, and bookmaking in the swamp. Pretty chill life, with your own house and office

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: February 20, 2018, 01:02:32 am »

late comment on file corruption. If we decide to continue this, I think we should compress and upload the whole DF folder (not just the save folder) to keep it as consistent as possible. If someone wants to do Armok Vision, or other DFhack stuff, copy the save over to a different folder. I've seen at least one adventure mode community game die because of save corruption and in my experience the issue boiled down to mixing mods/tilesets/plugins between play-throughs.

Out of curiosity, how did you get armok vision to work? I could only find plugins for DFHack 43.05 and the save that was uploaded wasn't compatible with that version.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #962 on: February 20, 2018, 01:25:51 am »

I am using DF 43.05, so I was using DFhack for that.  Maybe that's the issue?  Anyway, I'll just avoid DFhack for now.

Maybe hold off drawing for later, a few things are a bit different.

Sisha's description is slightly different, though I made sure to reroll until I got something that matched your artwork.

Also Kofi's scimitar is bronze instead of silver.

Killing the cyclops and the bandit leadet went pretty.much the same, though the ambush never happened.  The fight with Ador was also unchanged, except I never saw his companion.

One of the two bandits that I stole the weapons from was different.  The hammerman was the same guy but the other was a female swordsman with a bronze short sword, which became my main weapon for a while.  I'll upload her description in a bit.  I still did steal clothes from the hammerman later.

Since thr hyena fight never happened, Sisha does not wind up a loosely-stitched together mass of scars.

The ambush by the archer didn't happen in the church, but a bit outside the city.  Might have been a different archer but I'm not sure.  The procession in the church still happened, I think it might just be some weird pathfinding bug.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #963 on: February 20, 2018, 09:54:53 am »

Alright, perfect. Again thanks for your efforts.
Well, for absolutely unimportant NPCs, thats no big deal, unless you want to make them important (that encounter with the two purple hair goblins that ended up in a strip wrestle was hillarious).

You're right, best we can do, for now, is just to wait and see. We'll hammer down the story and add the fine prints when it's done. I'm positive I won't be able to stick to the original plan of sharing the save in quick succession (I'll need time to catch up) but we'll find a solution whatever we decide

For DFhack and DF in general, I'm playing 44.05 (the absolute latest), maybe the issue of corruption comes from that, I'm not sure the file is backward compatible (it is foreward compatible that's for sure)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: February 20, 2018, 09:56:08 am »

So then, what happens next? We could have a big adventure, with people claiming followers, or we could... I don't know.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #965 on: February 20, 2018, 10:22:50 am »

For now, what I want is to follow her story to it's conclusion because when all is said and done, I like the character, want to see more of her and I want her to keep her place in Minbazkar. That's like the number one priority

Megaman proposed we share the whole folder, which is also workable, altho I'm kind of discovering the hard way this is putting me under a load of stress heavier than I'm comfortable with, so after Sisha I'd like to pull the plug on the idea.

After that, yes, why not ? Maybe instead of having a lot of mini heroes like we planned, we can just design a collective hero, go on adventure and discuss our next moves, with people claiming companions ? That could work

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: February 20, 2018, 10:27:48 am »

I am enjoying Sisha's story, Indigofenix is extremely good at working the game into a story.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #967 on: February 20, 2018, 10:57:49 am »

lol as I do, and I'm positive everyone else do too, it's fantastic. I've been working some 30 hours on illustrations as of yet. But my heart can only pump so fast before it goes into shutdown mode

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: February 20, 2018, 11:53:43 am »

I'm nearly done.  I've already made it to Watershield, but there's a few things I want to do before I finish.  Then I can start working on the actual sub-plot.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: February 20, 2018, 12:34:31 pm »

Okay, whew, glad it's not coming to a crashing end.  Emotional well-being and avoiding overworking onesself are pretty important, too.

So as long as it's not too much stress, I'd love to learn more about the adventures of this world.  It seems like a great place for people to keep exploring.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #970 on: February 20, 2018, 01:49:00 pm »

Okay, whew, glad it's not coming to a crashing end.  Emotional well-being and avoiding overworking onesself are pretty important, too.

So as long as it's not too much stress, I'd love to learn more about the adventures of this world.  It seems like a great place for people to keep exploring.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm nearly done.  I've already made it to Watershield, but there's a few things I want to do before I finish.  Then I can start working on the actual sub-plot.

Take your time by all means, we're in no hurry, I'll send you some stuff in private a bit later o/

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: February 20, 2018, 01:55:36 pm »

So I just wound up with 20 useless peasant refugees from Dungeonpleat itself.  Will it mess things up if I bring them to Watershield?  Trying to figure out where to drop them off.

EDIT: Never mind, I just built a place for them.
EDIT2: Well, apparently that doesn't work.  Heh.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: February 20, 2018, 02:15:24 pm »

Gives Cathar a pat onthe back
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #973 on: February 20, 2018, 03:25:53 pm »

Digo, you can put them in Watershield no problem. People there will see to them

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: February 20, 2018, 03:53:44 pm »

Actually, they just started killing each other and ran off.  I'll work it into the story.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 111