Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 230559 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2017, 06:20:11 pm »

While I'm at it, do you prefer copper sword and wooden shield, or two handed silver sword? That's pretty much the only swords we managed to haggle

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2017, 02:22:24 pm »

I'll take a copper sword and a wooden shield. I would feel a lot safer with a shield in one hand, even if it may be made of wood.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2017, 12:11:56 pm »

Sad to see you leave the adventure forum. But happy to see you are still making dwarf fortress art and stories. Keep up the good work!!!

Also, please dorf me as the next doctor that arrives. Thx
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2017, 12:39:01 pm »

Alright, you'll have that then ! I'll probably melt the sword and make maces of it. The next update is in the works, but might take some time as I have a side-story I want to draw, for it may be very important in the future. Also shiny armor soon, too !

Megaman, I can dorf you no problem, but would you mind picking a ...ehm..more ambiant friendly name? Else I can always translate Megaman into common Human language.
And for me leaving...worry not I'm still here ! I just think the world of Minbazkar should be made bigger than my little Luki Usupim. She's still there, too, chilling at Hairyoracle. Apparently she gave the title of lady to one of her friends, and is now a captain. Fits her personality that's for sure.

Just to keep you waiting for a bit, here's a little preview :

« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 12:43:17 pm by Cathar »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2017, 01:13:34 pm »

If you get a scribe, I'd like him to get dorfed humaned (?) as Saren Settren, a devoted archivist with too many ideas and not enough common sense - and occasionally, far too much extra time on his hands.
Think "ethical mad scientist".
I kind of requested this a while ago...
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2017, 02:30:54 pm »

If you get a scribe, I'd like him to get dorfed humaned (?) as Saren Settren, a devoted archivist with too many ideas and not enough common sense - and occasionally, far too much extra time on his hands.

It's still in progress, we'll need both doctors and scholars. Don't worry about that :D
We're still dealing with the basics of everyday life tho ; crafts and building mostly. But every dorfing request has been registered. I can...dorf you right now and give you the noble title later ? For now I do need all hands on the bridge.

I haven't ignored you, it's just you asked for a dorfing if I got a scribe...and for now what we do is mostly trying to wall up
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 02:34:49 pm by Cathar »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2017, 02:51:02 pm »

It's still in progress, we'll need both doctors and scholars. Don't worry about that :D
We're still dealing with the basics of everyday life tho ; crafts and building mostly. But every dorfing request has been registered. I can...dorf you right now and give you the noble title later ? For now I do need all hands on the bridge.

I haven't ignored you, it's just you asked for a dorfing if I got a scribe...and for now what we do is mostly trying to wall up
Ah, ok. I hadn't actually realized "scribe" is a noble title... a scholar should work just fine.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2017, 02:55:31 pm »

Well, scribes and scholars are not noble status per say, but they act like it. They are attached to a location - namely a library - and their job is for scholars to come up with new ideas, and for scribes to copy the ideas of scholars. But making them requires we build a library, which we haven't yet. So the question is ; do you want to be dorfed now and given the title later? Or do you want we wait until we're set ?

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2017, 03:16:52 pm »

Can you dorf man me as a brewer or a cook when some eventually appear? I don't know if "Mate" is a very canon name though, so you tell me.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2017, 03:36:47 pm »

I'll be a scholar, and wait until such time as one can do stuff.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2017, 03:38:50 pm »

Alright then, both of you will be dorfed for next update :D
Sorry again it may take time, I have a lot to draw, it has been a very busy season

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2017, 09:42:47 pm »

Damn, I might ask for a commssion, this is awesome art :P
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2017, 01:02:21 pm »

I don't mind about the name. You can even use the vanilla name, I just want some medical records, so I can write some fanfic... dwarven human surgery is always a FUN experiment. If I'm not mistaken, there may still be some injuries from the wereskink. Just post the personality/description of the doctor(s) and give me some medcal records after (s)he gets to work, and I'll write a little medical journal post.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2017, 07:24:35 pm »

PTW PTW PTW THIS IS AMAZING AND ALSO GOOD
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2017, 01:48:40 pm »

Sorry for not showing up. Thank you for the "dorfing!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 111