Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 110

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 229752 times)

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #285 on: October 08, 2017, 05:47:47 pm »

>34
wew, he's alredy a wizard
You know what, get him married. It'd be a shame if the fort's resident Ronald Mc Donald master chef died alone.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #286 on: October 08, 2017, 07:16:39 pm »

Oh well, it's no wizardry, it's science : the more you cook cats, the less you have pussy
I hate myself for this joke please don't ban me

He'll be married after next update... Tho his only unmarried woman friend is Jamila, and she's asexual. Tho I can hack that no problem, I have to ask the owner of the dorf for that as curtesy rule. Or doyou have someone else in mind?

Also, writing the next update. I'll do that before I go to bed

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 08, 2017, 10:00:59 pm »

Now on the topic of a Royal Palace.....
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #288 on: October 09, 2017, 10:10:56 am »

The unusual peace we enjoyed during most of the year 137 was apparently not only due to our pyrric victory during the Dented attack of winter 136. As our scouts begin to reveal informations about our enemies, it slowly dawns on us we are in the eye of a much bigger storm than we even thought we were.

The world of Minbazkar is home to a number of factions, kingdoms big or small, all aiming to increase their regional power in a state of constant warfare. Tho alliances surely exist, not a single race under the sky can claim to walk under the same banner. This is especially true in the region we founded Watershield.

When we first arrived seven years ago, we came to fight elves. We had no idea the big regional powers were not only goblins, but two kingdoms of them. The kingdom of Osme Stobûb, ruled by Lomoth Ghostdust from Dungeonpleat, and the kingdom of Asngek Stozu, ruled by Tarem Phantomdeath from Charmlies.

Their followers can roughly be recognized by their skin colors. Goblins from Osme Stobûm (those who we're currently at war with) have a blue-ish skintone, where goblins from Asngek Stozu have a bright green skin.

Their feud started in 129, one year before our first arrival, Lomoth and his goblins trying to expend their power to the north.
Until 135, they concentrated their attacks on the capitale city of Charmlies and were violently repelled for five years. But in 135, two years ago, Lomoth changed its strategy.

Attacks on Charmlie stopped, and were redirected to a serie of connected Dark Pits far to the north, forming a sort of interconected bastion comprised of three strongholds, they call "Stupidhorrors", "Workerscourge" and "Malignedjudge".

In 135, Workerscourge fell, allowing the goblins of Osme Stobûm to set a foot deep in the north, and start a close encirclement of Charmlies. It was followed by a vicious dogfight between the garissonned soldiers settled in Workerscourge and Charmlie. In 136, Malignedjudge also fell under the control of Lomoth, allowing him the upper hand in the north.

The situation of the goblins of Azngek Stozu seem pretty desperate. Their empire which once had supremacy over the north now is reduced to eight strongholds who are apparently falling fast. If the goblins manage to complete this unification process, we'll be in much deeper troubles than we are even now...

Fast forward to the current day. We are being deployed once again to stop an incursion of goblins in our territory. Our defenses are not completed yet, so we decided to wait for them in the barracks and fight them at the very gates of the city, where we could perform an encirclement easily.

However there was something we forgot.

Zothoabo's first boy. Ari Taskmo, the glass smith, went ahead to pick him up and started running toward the bridge, with the invasion force on their heels...

Jamila's owner is okay for the marriage, Mate, so this we can do after that event ! We need more flesh for the war economy !
Also...royal...palace? But...We're not even a capital city, Hazelslide is a bit to the west
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 12:39:04 pm by Cathar »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 09, 2017, 10:41:10 am »

no, we're not, but I am a Prince, and as such I des... oh wow. The power is getting to my head. I'll settle for a nice stone castle at some point in the future

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #290 on: October 09, 2017, 12:31:24 pm »

I don't mind at all, but, since we are in a swamp with a massive aquifer under us, we have absolutely no way to mine stone. The available ressources are whatever we can scavenge from invaders, wood and glass. If you can make a design of a castle using those materials, I'd build it for sure !

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 09, 2017, 01:19:26 pm »

In that case

Spoiler: You Asked (click to show/hide)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #292 on: October 09, 2017, 01:24:32 pm »

Perfect. We have our next mega project then !
...This should take approximatively 1050 glass blocks. We're in for a long long ride
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 01:33:33 pm by Cathar »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 09, 2017, 01:39:00 pm »

also, if you want the corner towers to rise a few more z levels than posted, that would be fine too, it'll look more Castle-y

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 09, 2017, 01:59:32 pm »

...a castle of glass? Sure, why not.
Just remember: throw no stones.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 09, 2017, 02:31:58 pm »

...a castle of glass? Sure, why not.
Just remember: throw no stones.

Meh, It's not the safest, but a 6 feet thick wall of glass would stop a few things. and if it was sufficiently smooth, nothing would be able to penetrate it with out alot of effort

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #296 on: October 09, 2017, 03:03:57 pm »

Alternatively, we can go for a glass interior and copper walls. Walls are not that expensive in terms of materials. We'll find a way for sure.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 09, 2017, 03:26:10 pm »

Alternatively, we can go for a glass interior and copper walls. Walls are not that expensive in terms of materials. We'll find a way for sure.
I like the glass Idea. unless you want the copper walls.

Just figured the castle would be cool to draw.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #298 on: October 10, 2017, 05:06:19 pm »

As they cross the bridge, Ari-Taskmo and Duslud are spotted by the raiders who instantly chase them.

A green skinned goblin is apparently the fastest of the bunch. He catches up to them and delivers a crippling blow to Duslud who falls on the ground.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 10, 2017, 05:09:25 pm »

A green skinned goblin

Given your previous update's explanation of goblin nations, I sense a certain drama!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 110