Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 236983 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #330 on: October 16, 2017, 12:13:46 pm »

Spring 138. We've been in Watershield for now more than seven years. Time passes more quickly than I'd like, but we're making substential progress. We're not taking anymore migrants for a while now, and we've been under constant attacks from Osme Stobϋb, but our population keeps growing. We're now 116 souls strong. We have a large population of children, but our stocks of food are always full and we're not lacking anything, especially since the bountyful spring harvest. Now we have prodigeous amount of alcohol, and we can survive on our current stocks for years.

The industry is now completely focused on two projects ; finishing the second barracks, which will free a building next to the keep, which we will in turn use to relocate our industry, and upgrading the outer wall.
I'd like to make it twice as tall, and completely plate it with copper. This is going to take some time, but will improve our defenses significantly.

We're also thinking about Prince Ryukan's project of making a proper castle. A possible idea is, in the mid-term, to upgrade our barracks as towers, and to use them to frame what would be a gigantic doorway in the shape of a metal bastion. The royal family would move there, and we'd also use the place as place to feed, train and shelter the new squads I very well intend to levy.

...Dire news however are coming from Hazelslide. Yet another attack was carried by the kingdom against the mountainhall of Trumpetknight. For now more than eight years, the kingdom spent prodigious amount of men and weaponry trying to take that place. The assault was ordered by Lady Dilol, Baroness of Hazelslide, and commended by her son, Osmah, who was slain in battle.

Osmah was the last son of Lady Dilol. Her only remaining child, a girl by the name of Isdi, had moved away from Hazelslide years ago to follow her husband - all of her siblings has been slain, one after another, trying to attack this mountain we have no use for.
We're waiting for Baroness Dilol and Queen Uzu's next move, but maybe the lack of suitable officers will mark the end of that idiotic war.

Brokenbronze was attacked again, but it's going strong aswell. Those small skirmish seem endless.

On the bright side of things, Jamila and Mate married ! It was a bit difficult to set-up, but really this is fantastic for everyone. Jamila was a bit depressed, since her wound ended her military career, and Mate was afraid never to get married... So we got them drunk and arranged their meetings. One stone, two birds.

During the party, I noticed Haspen has taken some weight. Now he's not one of my men so I can't really force him to exercice...but I'll have a friendly word with him. We need to keep ourselves in peak condition.

By the end of spring, half of the south side of the outer wall is finished. Things are going slow, but we're making progress.

Spoiler:  Bonus stupidity (click to show/hide)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 16, 2017, 01:29:24 pm »

As long as it tastes good I suppose......
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #332 on: October 16, 2017, 01:45:03 pm »

People will not stop complaining but I think they fail to see the big picture

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 16, 2017, 03:40:28 pm »

...you cooked the cat you piece of shit.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 16, 2017, 07:56:19 pm »

Classic DF. Cats are a fort killer on their own if kept unchecked. That said, cooking pets can get that way too. :P

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #335 on: October 17, 2017, 04:33:05 am »

Little heads up ; next update is big and is gonna take some time. I'll try to get it done by the end of the week (three pictures to go)

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 17, 2017, 08:00:07 pm »

I know that it's been said before, but your art really brings this to life, especially the detail put into the armor.

Also, can I get humaned? I'd like a younger, unmarried soldier if possible.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 18, 2017, 04:15:46 am »

Agreed about the art. The story brought me here, the art made me not want this thread to ever end.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #338 on: October 18, 2017, 07:15:53 am »

Aw guys thanks :') We'll have to leave Watershield at some undefined point but the story will definitely continue in one shape or another. My idea is to wait until the queen finally dies and see what happens with her succession, finish our projects and then move on

For the dorfing, of course it's possible, especially since we have...a lot of young soldiers. Take your pick !
Also if you can provide a name, that would be perfect. Else I'll just translate Wolfhunter.

Knights :
• Birod, son of Uquur, 16 years old
• Pabat, son of Therset, a female knight who recently died of her wounds, 14 years old
• Puja, daughter of Bolli, knight still active, 14 years old
• Sas, her older brother, 16 years old
• Destis, son of Rethi-Eli, a farmer who died heroically some years ago. 14 years old.
• Slada, his older brother, 15 years old
• Gohrax, daughter of Haspen the manager, 14 years old

Shieldbangers :
• Enasm, son of Bolli (this family has a lot of young fighters in it), 15 years old
• Erod, son of Dotep, archer rather unremarkable, 15 years old
• Idem "Righteous Vandal", daughter of Asin, bookkeeper, 14 years old. She's also the one who recently saved Duslud
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 07:19:24 am by Cathar »

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 19, 2017, 09:51:49 pm »

I think I'll go with Puja. The youngest sibling trying to keep up with her older brothers sounds pretty interesting.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #340 on: October 20, 2017, 09:08:57 am »

Alright, Puja it is. I'll just need a name, since neither "Wolf" nor "Hunter" can be directly translated, and you're in.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also update on the way. Probably up tomorrow !

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 20, 2017, 02:09:38 pm »

Sorry I haven't posted anything yet, besides that creche bitching. I've had work pop up left and right that needed doing. I'm still watching and when something happens with Ases, I'll sit down and write a post.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #342 on: October 20, 2017, 05:05:35 pm »

Lol no problem, I'm myself a c*ntmachine when I'm tired. Besides, there is absolutely no penalty for not participating, nor there are special reward for participating, except, well, having fun and have me identify more easily with the dorfs. It's a bit easier for me to find something to draw about characters that have something going for them... Else, well.

Really, all of this is just for fun

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 20, 2017, 09:10:53 pm »

Oh, that wasn't tiredness, but I'll drop it since it's been said to death.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 20, 2017, 10:06:10 pm »

So me being a rat and going after cheap ingredients doing my best to make the best dishes possible indirectly crippled a child for life?
A decent trade imho
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 111