Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 236949 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #465 on: November 10, 2017, 01:37:40 pm »

Oh yeah ! It took them only eight year to notice we had a fort right under their nose... and this wasn't even a siege, just an ambush. Looking in their retreats, they have some manpower available tho. So, future will tell what will happen.

I would LOVE to have some diplomacy with them. If we can get them out of the war, this would be an insanely profitable boon for the whole kingdom.

From what we know, their current leadership is as follow :

Caraca Araniçefetha is their current queen. She's pretty litterate, have been trained by humans and authored a number of musical pieces. She seems to have the profile of a politician. If I'm correct, queens take cares of internal affairs in elven societies.
Sidaya Biraremithe is their druids. If I'm correct, druids are elected, and chose the queen, but else have no political power. So he's of no concern to us.
Thone Quecaromimi is their princess. If I'm correct again, princesses decide of war and peace, so she's important to us. She has been studying at Trumpetknight, in the west...The same Trumpetknight our own country attacked, starting that giang worldwide conflict. She's a renowed geograph, a somewhat skilled warrior and a scholar.
Nisa Cocemafi is their current diplomat. A ranger without a lot of history. Doesn't seem particularly clever in comparison with their government body. We don't know what he looks like, but shall someone introduce himself with that name, we'd try not to kill him.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 10, 2017, 10:53:14 pm »

So our family knowledge grows, Zefer. Dad's the miner.

Also, the Elves are friends of nature. It doesn't really count as nature once you tame it like we've been doing with our capybaras.

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 11, 2017, 01:59:16 am »

So our family knowledge grows, Zefer. Dad's the miner.

Also, the Elves are friends of nature. It doesn't really count as nature once you tame it like we've been doing with our capybaras.
Gods bless our dear old miner dad, don't let the aquifer destroy him.
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 11, 2017, 04:09:29 am »

Its more like elven ethics allow for the killing of animals if they feel  threatened AND ARE ACTING IN SELF DEFENSE, Allthough i fail to see how our capybaras counted as a credible threat.
I mean i would be willing to bet that A six year old human [unarmed]could best a zombie capybara in combat.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #469 on: November 11, 2017, 06:41:34 am »

Yeah but I mean... It just seems to be excuse making. Like everything the elves are doing. I'm trying really hard to see the world through their point of view, but all I can see is unadultered hypocrisy

Spoiler:  I mean (click to show/hide)

Also if you want, I can doodle the whole family tree of Zefer and Ases, if you so wish. It's a very large family they have. Also don't worry about miner dad, he's extremely, extremely effective at his job. Being the only miner in two successive forts made him very experienced
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 06:43:21 am by Cathar »

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 11, 2017, 08:07:42 am »

By grown wood they appearently mean they have Geneticallymagically modified trees that literally grown tools and items in a manner similar to fruit, so they arent being hypocrites there they are actually being much worse because if they were decent people they would share that sort of biosciencemagic  with the rest of the world[you can actually visit these item growing trees in adventure mode, but IDK if they are fully coded in yet]
That said, a even though I have no qualms with the whole ''elves eating sapients'' thing, I still think they are stuck up jerks.

Thats why I find them amusing most of the time.....as for right now, well lets say I finfd the goblins more sympathetic than these green haired Knife eared greedy hypocrites. That said I am sure some individuals are tolerable.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 11, 2017, 05:01:09 pm »

Yeah, that's my impression too. shields and weapons grow like fruit and then hit the ground when they're ripe. I would not want to be an orchard worker during harvest time.

"Hey, there's a chair on the grou--" WHUMP!

"Ugh, another idiot forgot to check if there were more up in the tree before going over."

"I think it's time we trained the gorillas to do this job."

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 11, 2017, 06:24:47 pm »

Also: You broke the aquifer! You're playing Dwarf Fortress now.

Just wait until he gets to the Hidden Fun Stuff...
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 11, 2017, 10:30:02 pm »

Only if he chases cotton candy. I don't if humans can even work that stuff.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #474 on: November 12, 2017, 04:27:38 am »

We can forge steel, but we can't make steel. And for... cotton candy, no. No we can't :D
We can melt and rework angel candy tho.

I mean it's hard to be on bay12forum and not have a very precise idea of what waits for me way under. I'm pretty sure I wont go very deep ; I'm mostly interested by underground ressources like...stone, clay and mushroom wood. Especially mushroom wood.

We're humans, we won't live underground. We're just trying to have a perfectly normal human mine.

Aranador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 12, 2017, 05:00:14 am »

Yah that sort of 'play in character' approach is what I do with my MLP mod games.  I need all those lovely metals, but I build my fort above ground as much as possible.  You basically have to butcher something for bones because you want instruments and until I get off my backside and make an 'make artificial bone' reaction, but you try and limit it to the absolute minimum and then pretend like it never happened.  You try to use an entirely vegetarian diet, and you try to encourage parties.  At the same time, this is dwarf fortress, and there are half a dozen civilizations out there waiting to come kill you.  I fully understand your commitment to role play, and the need to bend those self imposed rules to further the story in the right way.

And when the result is awesome stories and brilliant art work - well - you are doing it right !

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 12, 2017, 07:21:01 am »

I am actually co,plete;y okay with sinister ponies, givc given I have always felt that their sachrine appearance and behavior was hiding/making up for something, in you case killing things entireley for their bones, a very human sort of thing to do do ''afterall if it serves the needs of creating parties and spreading hedonistic joy and freindship who cares if it kills a few people and animals''.
 Is something I could could ctually imagine a MLPony sayin. However, maybe that is just me.

Aranador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 12, 2017, 07:37:28 pm »

Luckilly then, there is the Imperial Pony faction, they sound like a perfect fit for you !  Dwarf Fortress is the ultimate corruption it seems.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 13, 2017, 12:06:42 am »

Luckily then, there is the Imperial Pony faction, they sound like a perfect fit for you !  Dwarf Fortress is the ultimate corruption it seems.
No duh, It would not be dwarf fortress if it did not corrupt everything it touched.

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 13, 2017, 12:04:34 pm »

Or kill everything within our grasp
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 111