Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 240268 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #750 on: December 22, 2017, 06:14:23 am »

Know what? The men just need to be brazen and go in just loincloths. Nothing is more stupid intimidating than a bunch of crimson haired badasses taking 500 goblins in nothing but underwear.

I say we go directly to the limit and ride to battle wearing only censor bars.

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: December 22, 2017, 09:55:29 am »

Know what? The men just need to be brazen and go in just loincloths. Nothing is more stupid intimidating than a bunch of crimson haired badasses taking 500 goblins in nothing but underwear.

How much money do I have to pay for a commission picture of this?
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: December 22, 2017, 11:16:19 am »

Autumn update is going to be weird, lol.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 22, 2017, 01:43:46 pm »

Autumn update is going to be weird, lol.
It's only.weird if you make it weird
"Men! On my count!"

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #754 on: December 22, 2017, 09:09:22 pm »

I'm not really done at all with summer update. I'm sorry, things will take time at this period of a year. For most people, Christmas is a wonderful moment full of magic and children laughters, to me it's a hell made of running between shelves while printing receits at four times the usual speed. I just wanted to respond to Digo real quick. For all intent and purpous we're still in summer.

Shit will hit the fan (again, yes) in autumn, and we'll get serious again, but for now I just want to chill a bit :D

Also I'm sorry, I don't take commissions :c I don't draw or ask for money in general, I feel like I'm robbing people every time. Tis a labor of love ! I'd draw more stupid shit for summer 140. Let's chill while we can :D

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 22, 2017, 09:22:39 pm »

I'm not really done at all with summer update. I'm sorry, things will take time at this period of a year. For most people, Christmas is a wonderful moment full of magic and children laughters, to me it's a hell made of running between shelves while printing receits at four times the usual speed. I just wanted to respond to Digo real quick. For all intent and purpous we're still in summer.

Shit will hit the fan (again, yes) in autumn, and we'll get serious again, but for now I just want to chill a bit :D

Also I'm sorry, I don't take commissions :c I don't draw or ask for money in general, I feel like I'm robbing people every time. Tis a labor of love ! I'd draw more stupid shit for summer 140. Let's chill while we can :D

Don't worry about it. We're all busy with Christmas stuff.

I don't mind the light stuff, that's what makes the characters.... characters, lol.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #756 on: December 29, 2017, 02:17:59 pm »

Summer 140.

Summer came and went. It was very calm, as almost each year. It feels good to know that whatever monstruosities we are to face in pursuit of our mission, summer is usually a time when we can sit back and relax for a while. There is not much to talk about - we are set firmly on the tracks set by the last town council, and all we had to do was to go forward.

There are however a couple things I'd like to note, that may be of importance.

Firstly, we started to carry out the plan regarding our prisonners. Ollin Vaultaxe, commander of the siege strikeforce of Osme, three years ago, was slain. Sas, son of Bolli, carried out the execution. The two elves we caught were released soon after. The goblin officer Tode is still waiting for her fate as I write those lines, and the goblins grunt captured alongside her still have to be released, but this is not an urgent priority.

In other news, Onguet has been with us for two years, and her right to stay with us came to an end. However, she asked us to remain to Watershield as a permanent citizen, so as to start her own medecine school. Seing the value of training more doctors, we accepted heartfully.

Duslud is now her apprentice - some dwarven scholars also decided to follow the same path, forming what is pretty much the first non-military school of the village. We hope such endeavour will bring glory to us and to the kingdom as a whole.

We resumed our production of metal, we now split into two ; silver is made into training weapons and decorations, and serve the young Dengusa well to train his hand at metalcrafting. He learns quick - we hope to produce high quality weaponry soon.
Copper is kept on the side, ready to be used to reinforce our outer walls. Once the walls are finished, we'll consider our mission over... Give it a year or two.

War continues to rages on in the south between the empire of Osme and the kingdom of Egapesor. Our allies seem to have succeded in repelling them once again. We are glad to have such allies - their resistance allows us to reorganize ourselves, and knowing we're not alone in this war give te men hope.

We also decided to suspend, probably indefinitely, the piercing of the aquifer. Even with mechanized labour, this is becoing too hazardous, and we feel we won't get anywhere like that. We pierced the soil and secured some clay - enough to start a new industry. This is now what we hoped for, but it shall suffice - our primary mission remains to protect the kingdom, and we shall leave the exploration of the depths to others.

I believe this is all. Nothing to be noted, really, on the summers trade. We traded cloth to metal, and decided to add a large tribute to the kingdom, to add something material to the war effort. The traders seemed very pleased. Times like this help us a lot, and give us expectations for the future.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: December 29, 2017, 05:20:42 pm »

I love it as always.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: December 29, 2017, 05:21:21 pm »

Summer 140.

Summer came and went. It was very calm, as almost each year. It feels good to know that whatever monstruosities we are to face in pursuit of our mission, summer is usually a time when we can sit back and relax for a while. There is not much to talk about - we are set firmly on the tracks set by the last town council, and all we had to do was to go forward.

There are however a couple things I'd like to note, that may be of importance.

Firstly, we started to carry out the plan regarding our prisonners. Ollin Vaultaxe, commander of the siege strikeforce of Osme, three years ago, was slain. Sas, son of Bolli, carried out the execution. The two elves we caught were released soon after. The goblin officer Tode is still waiting for her fate as I write those lines, and the goblins grunt captured alongside her still have to be released, but this is not an urgent priority.

In other news, Onguet has been with us for two years, and her right to stay with us came to an end. However, she asked us to remain to Watershield as a permanent citizen, so as to start her own medecine school. Seing the value of training more doctors, we accepted heartfully.

Duslud is now her apprentice - some dwarven scholars also decided to follow the same path, forming what is pretty much the first non-military school of the village. We hope such endeavour will bring glory to us and to the kingdom as a whole.

We resumed our production of metal, we now split into two ; silver is made into training weapons and decorations, and serve the young Dengusa well to train his hand at metalcrafting. He learns quick - we hope to produce high quality weaponry soon.
Copper is kept on the side, ready to be used to reinforce our outer walls. Once the walls are finished, we'll consider our mission over... Give it a year or two.

War continues to rages on in the south between the empire of Osme and the kingdom of Egapesor. Our allies seem to have succeded in repelling them once again. We are glad to have such allies - their resistance allows us to reorganize ourselves, and knowing we're not alone in this war give te men hope.

We also decided to suspend, probably indefinitely, the piercing of the aquifer. Even with mechanized labour, this is becoing too hazardous, and we feel we won't get anywhere like that. We pierced the soil and secured some clay - enough to start a new industry. This is now what we hoped for, but it shall suffice - our primary mission remains to protect the kingdom, and we shall leave the exploration of the depths to others.

I believe this is all. Nothing to be noted, really, on the summers trade. We traded cloth to metal, and decided to add a large tribute to the kingdom, to add something material to the war effort. The traders seemed very pleased. Times like this help us a lot, and give us expectations for the future.
It's kind of a bad thing when your own father says "I have plenty of sons to marry around"
"Men! On my count!"

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: December 30, 2017, 09:59:44 am »

So, both weapons and decorations?  Fun!

I'm imagining a sidestory where Dengusa starts making toys out of silver, being fresh out of childhood anyway, and gets in trouble for wasting good metal.  But hey; the other kids in the place will have shiny new toys!

(Perhaps musical instrument parts.  Are you bothering to provide people with musical instruments?  And are there any that require a metal component?  If so, Dengusa might make one or two.  . . . And get in trouble.)

But if you, Cathar, don't mind wasting a little silver on some toys, I'd be tickled if that happened at least.

Also glad you have plans for an official wrap-up to this story.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #760 on: December 30, 2017, 12:16:57 pm »

It's kind of a bad thing when your own father says "I have plenty of sons to marry around"
Don't worry, Donu is not exactly a serial killer :D

I'm imagining a sidestory where Dengusa starts making toys out of silver, being fresh out of childhood anyway, and gets in trouble for wasting good metal.  But hey; the other kids in the place will have shiny new toys!

(Perhaps musical instrument parts.  Are you bothering to provide people with musical instruments?  And are there any that require a metal component?  If so, Dengusa might make one or two.  . . . And get in trouble.)

But if you, Cathar, don't mind wasting a little silver on some toys, I'd be tickled if that happened at least.

We made some metal covers for our books as well. We do have some instruments, but we haven't produced any yet. Most of them were traded, and some of them picked from the corpses of enemy bards. But we can make more, that's for sure.
Also yes, I feel this peculiar chapter has gone for long enough, it starts to get a bit circular. But if people are still interested, we can make another one after that.

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: December 30, 2017, 01:08:11 pm »

Don't worry, Donu is not exactly a serial killer :D

We made some metal covers for our books as well. We do have some instruments, but we haven't produced any yet. Most of them were traded, and some of them picked from the corpses of enemy bards. But we can make more, that's for sure.
Also yes, I feel this peculiar chapter has gone for long enough, it starts to get a bit circular. But if people are still interested, we can make another one after that.
Do we have any other metals to make weapons out of? Or armour, I know wrestling really isn't a good thing but we could try to always train our warriors for on the spot combat incase we lose grip on our weapons
"Men! On my count!"

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #762 on: December 30, 2017, 01:22:38 pm »

Oh yeah, don't worry about that, hand on hand combat is part of everyone's training. Most of our soldiers can kill a troll barehand. For other metal, yes, we have a lot of tin, so we can make bronze, and we have some reserve of iron. But I want to train Dengusa before I give him more serious work

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: December 30, 2017, 01:43:00 pm »

Oh yeah, don't worry about that, hand on hand combat is part of everyone's training. Most of our soldiers can kill a troll barehand. For other metal, yes, we have a lot of tin, so we can make bronze, and we have some reserve of iron. But I want to train Dengusa before I give him more serious work
Then why don't we train a set of soldiers for flanking and stealth combats? If what you said about the 500 some odd goblins on the doorstep sounds like we need to introduce guerilla tactics within our arrangement, maybe have some back lines aim for important captain's and what not?
"Men! On my count!"

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #764 on: December 30, 2017, 02:30:08 pm »

Sure thing, if you have an idea in mind and are proposing yourself for a promotion, please go on explaining your idea. I've been looking for promoting a new captain for quite a time now.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 111