Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 230639 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #1410 on: January 08, 2021, 09:54:05 pm »

Alright, your spot is reserved ! Two more and we can embark !

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: January 08, 2021, 10:11:56 pm »

I got an idea with the foundry aspect in mind for a group symbol.

An anvil, sword and axe in a circle. I'll whip something up tomorrow.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: January 08, 2021, 11:31:19 pm »

Dorf me as a male weapon-smith/furnace operator, thanx
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Yarlig

• Bay Watcher
  • High Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: January 09, 2021, 07:21:42 am »

If possible' please dorf me as a gravedigger/butcher. We need someone to handle the various meats that provide themselves around the fortress. A male would be preferable.

Also' after lurk-reading the entire thread I must say' this is some real quality stuff; I feel like my view of DF has mostly shifted from slice-to-pieces towards slice-of-life largely thanks to it.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1414 on: January 09, 2021, 08:10:25 am »

Thanks a lot ^^
That's how I see DF, but I recon it also can be played like an hack and slash roguelike...It's just more fun for me to go legend digging.

Other than that, you're both in, so all the slots are full. Now we just wait for our flag, and we embark. Thanks a lot for your interest !

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: January 10, 2021, 04:43:18 am »

Not necessarily what I had initially had in mind, but I ended up going for faded dye on old fabric. Kinda clunky and didn't take me that long to do because I stuck to bolting simple shapes together (helped by most swords human troops use appearing as single-edged hacking blades.) Sorry it took a while, ended up in a veyr long and drawn out rambling discussion with someone then slept most of the remainder of the day yesterday.

I kind of imagine it being an old smithing guild's banner tacked to the sides of a wagon, which I figure would be appropriate.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1416 on: January 11, 2021, 07:26:50 am »

Thanks a lot ! I'll have to modify it a little as I already set the description to "circle, axe, anvil and sword" but else it's perfect.
I'm currently making the references, 3 out of 7 are already made. The embark is less painful than expected, but we're also running into issues that I'll tell you everything about in the first report

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: January 12, 2021, 01:01:28 am »

Oh, dang. Ah well. not like I can't make a new one. Hope the clean-up is going well. From the sound of things when Kashi passed through it was quite the mess.

EDIT: Second verse, same as the first.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1418 on: January 26, 2021, 04:01:43 am »

Introduction

Autumn was ending on the central settlements and the temperatures were starting to fall. This year, the shortening days and the chilly wind came with the new of the destruction of the Aconilun and the sack of Kimaeslo Ori, which plunged the human kingdoms in anguish. Because the scale of the blunder – three hundred men slain in a country of two thousands – but even more importantly because by attacking far behind the front line, Osme shown they could strike anywhere they'd please. Cavalry now allowed Osmite warlords to swiftly transport armies without being slowed down by their size. Nowhere was safe anymore.

Terrible imperial troops were advancing fron the east, flesh eating Pilalene elves were still organizing in the west, to the south, the infranchissable oceanic barrier, and now, a terrible man-eating winter was falling from the north. The last days of the decade, it seems, would prove difficult for the human kingdoms of the central sea.

However dire the situation was for the villages, it was even worst for the part of the population living outside. Vagrants and travellers, having neither home nor community, are cursed to travel the land from home to home, begging for hospitality and spare food.

And if, by time of abundance generosity applenty, as people are keen of giving away the food that would otherwise rot away, the cold weather and the rapid emptying of granaries grew the people stingier. Left homeless and hungry, vagrants would become more desperate – some would elect to try and join a community as a farmhand, others would pick up a weapon and become mercenaries – or the gods forbid, a bandit. A good pearlite would never sink as low as to become a bandit, but a starved one ? There is no wall to high, no body of water too deep, and no value held too preciously to stop a starving man from acquiring his next meal.

« Are you suggesting we become bandits ? »  asked a rather large man, holding his leather hood on his orange hair agaisnt the howling autumn wind. « Surely you jest – we don't have weapons and even if he had, it'd take a different man than I am to swing it at someone.
-Why not, answered his interlocutor, a woman in her thirty. Weapons are easy to come about, and we would not kill people, just rob them.
-But people defend themselves when they are robbed, the man interjected. Soon or late, it'll come to blows and after that... »

He marked a pause, looking around as the sun was quietly setting over the Desor Uzol mountains in the west. The evening will come fast and he should get the fire going.
He assembled the dead wood he gathered earlier, lied smallwood on the ground, and using a tool composed of a smallbow, a stick and a pierced plank, started to try to light a fire.

The weather was a bit humid and the exercise took him longer than he expected – but maybe ten minutes of intense effort, small flames would soon appear and spread to the smallwood. His companion soon helped him by organizing the medium-sized branches in a conic shape around the smallwood. The flames soon spread to them, a log could then be placed in the heart of the camp and the fire was truely born.

A smile of satisfaction appeared on the faces of the two travellers. At least they will have some warmth for the night, and will be able to cook their evening's meal. But as the temperature went higher, that smile soon disapeared.

« Totten, the monsoon is coming soon » the man frowned. « It'll be multiple weeks of rain and thunder - that's probably the last fire we'll enjoy for a long time.
-Don't worry, Toki, we'll be fine in the end. » the woman smiled sincerely. « Whatever it is, we'll find a solution. »
The bleat of a couple goat interrupted the conversation. They were lead by a tall pearlite man wearing a cloth cloak over a fish leather tunic. The herder smiled as he saw the fire was ready, and attached his three goats to a nearby tree.

The man's name was Figaro – a small herder accompanying the company. - he helped with the foraging, his beasts provided a steady supply of milk and he could cook competently. He was a good all around camp follower and the rest of the team liked him.

« I come back from the ruins, he said with a smile. We found a wagon from the merchant's guild. ; it has the nose in the mud but still full of stuff ! We'll need a bit of help to pack it all »

Difficult not to discover the wagon, indeed. Its front weels were missing, pulling the weight of the wagon to the front and immobilizing it in the mud, between two gutted buildings. Its cart beasts, a couple of wooly yaks, were roped to an improvized stake and were happily grazing around.

« Looks like the front axle snapped » remarked a vagrant of the group wearing a cloth bandana over his pale red hair.  « The driver probably went to the next hamlet by foot to look for help ».

His name was Kaos -  he was a redsmith by trade. If redsmithing was a very sought after professions in Mong Kima, the man has could not find a hamlet with  the equipment and supplies to excercise his crafts. He could work in a big city – but he would prefer.

Unlike the other members of the small band, travelling did him no good. Out in the wild, he could not work nor practice, and even tho he enjoyed the company of his friends, he often found himself eager to settle somewhere. If push was to come to shove, Kaos would probably go to the southern pearlite cities of Damirabe or Ishaakul – but since he was still a young man, he was still willing to travel in search of better opportunities.

In the wagon were stored all kinds of goods tightly packed – food, barrels of alcohols, sins of beasts. Enough to survive for quite a long time, and maybe even make a profit.

That was indeed most probably the case. The front axe was broken and the weels, shoddily attached, flew off under the pressure.

The wagon was suitably large – nine meters by nine meters, needing two bulls to be adequatly pulled, and a well maintained road to safely travel. It is very probable that the driver tried to take a path through the ruins, had a weel stuck on the mud and, due to the huge frame and shoddy construction of the vehicle, had its whole weight pulled toward the front axle.

Regardless, its whole content was too heavy to be transported by the smal crew of seven vagrants and a decision had to be made. Would they pillage it for supplies, or just leave it there for the driver to return.

« No, we'll take the wagon. » a woman said. She was a young woman in her twenty, brown hairs cut in a bowl cut with clean bangs, far too cleanly for a vagrant. Histamine – it was her name – claimed to have studied history and warfare front an undisclosed master. Whether it was true or not, she was clearly learned and would be relied upon to take the decisions conscerning the small company.. « We just need to replace the axle »

To do things correctly, making another axle would take a couple days in a workshop – but the group was running low on time. When Toki and Totten arrived at the wagon, they decided to improvize some emergency repairs and came out with a new axle carved directly on a small tree cut for the occasion.

Toki, a trained lumberjack, knew well of the limitations of his emergency repairs, but after a couple hours of hard work, the wagon was standing again.

The four companions looked back at their work – shoddy repairs over a shoddy construction – but it was good enough.

« Let's go eat something » Histamine proposed. « We'll just leave at dawn ».

They walked back to the campfire who, cared of by Figaro, was still burning softly. He was sitting next to the other two last members of the crew – Ralin, a young female doctor tending to the health of the crew, and Yarling, a tall, emaciated grave robber whose speciality was to undress corpses – functions equally vital to the vagrant band.

They drank a soup made of roots cooked into goat milk and went to sleep.

From left to right
Top row :
Spoiler: Toki (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yarlig (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kaos (click to show/hide)

Bottom row :
Spoiler: Totten (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Figaro (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Histamine (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ralin (click to show/hide)

The bridge

More or less by consensus, it was decided that the crew would continue its journey by going to the east side of the interior sea. Edetledir, the free city, would be a suitable candidate town to spend the winter in. Its granary was said to be still full enough, and locals had fled long ago, due to the war. Laying low, they hoped to remain undetected until the end of spring, during and after the harvest, when they could resume their vagrancy.

Luckily for them, the wooly yaks were trusting enough, and so they could ride their tinkered wagon, hopefully to their destination. Between them and Edetledir was an obstacle, however : the interior sea.

The interior sea was an arm of salt water reaching far in the main continent – the Land of Oak – and until recently, was an uncrossable obstacle – it could only be got around from by the north, and that solution would force the travellers to undergo a long trip in the wooden wilderness, in an area controlled by the enemy elven nation of Wulemaapasi.

Luckily, there was another solution now – the bridge of Kimaeslo Ori, built over a bottleneck in the interior sea, effectively linking the two side of the Land of Oak.

The bridge was undergoing an extension when the town owning it was sacked and pillaged, but reports from other travellers insured them that the bridge by itself was still functionnal. Osmite troops, not wanting to be trapped deep in civilized territory, retreated back to their pits. They would probably attack again, but for now the path was clear.

The crew walked along the caravan not to overcharge it, and to preserve the integrity of the wagon, the yaks had to walk a very slow pace. The small trunk, refited as an axle, made some worrying sound and was apparently eating away at the wagon's structure much too quickly, but the group evaluated it would survive long enough to reach Edetledir.

The travel was a bit worrying – slow, noisy, unarmed, forced by the size of their prize to use larges roads, the group was a easy target for bandits. They hope the size of their group alone would deter other vagrants to attack, but had no illusion : in the central settlements, bandits were known to attack and rob entire villages.

The group was led by Histamine and was comprised of Totten the mercenary, Toki the lumberjack, Figaro the herder, Kaos the redsmith, Yarlig the graverobber and Ralin the doctor. They also had two cats, three dogs, three goats and the aformentionned two wooly yaks they found with the wagon. A group far too big, indeed, not to be noticed from afar.

Ther arrived at Kimaeslo Ori in the evening., under heavy rain A small but dense forest had grown on the western side of the sea and Toki had to give a couple of axe blows to  make way for the wagon.

A cry of protestation emerged from the bridge. A group of elves, looters and vagrants, made aggressive gestures to them, calling them « butchers ».

In late 149, Elves from Iferifiyopi were still busy undressing corpses in the bridgetown

Toki then stopped, not wanting to antagonize them, and the group had to squeeze the wagon to the next clearing. That was not done without pain or damage.

They then exchanged worried looks with the elven looters, busy loading some pieces of armor still intact on their own tamed yaks,then progressed quickly toward the bridge. They passed the two copper-roofed barracks built in front of the bridge and pressed the yaks further.

It's passed the initial slope of the bridge that the makeshift axle decided to give way snapping in two.  This time, the weels did not survived the shock – the wagon was now immoobilized for good.

« Not the best place to break your cart, ain't it ? » exclaimed a low voice behind them. Histamine, who closed the march, turned around : it was a fat man, wearing a leather and fur tuque over his eyes, his face otherwise obstructed by his large unkept beard.

« Tell me about it, Histamine responded. Who are you, again ?
- I'm Lesno, the man said. I was a soldier, now I'm a vagrant ; long story. »

Long story – maybe not. Lesno hasn, indeed, be a soldier in Kimaeslo Ori. But in a brawl, he killed a younger militia-man and was exiled as a result. His wife, fellow soldier, accompanyied him in exile out of loyalty, but did not really forgive him.
He only dared to return after the fall of the local government. - and now he was nothing but a vagrant.

« Better vagrant than dead, anyway » he laughed. « Turned down that the people who exiled me are now feeding the crows, so in the end,they made me a solid, banning me from the town. »

Exiled murderer, the man was still a pearlite – Histamine felt confident enough to ask him informations about the town.

« Don't leave your stuff here – the elves will steal it all. Everything that's not nailed to the ground, they will take. It would not be under them, I wager, to take the whole if it, wagon, supplies and workbeasts !
-Outrageous beyond bounds, commented the girl. What do you recommend we do ?
-The town is sacked, but uninhabited. If you want, you'll find walls to shelter you from the winter, and enough space to stock your loot. »
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 04:24:50 am by Cathar »

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1419 on: January 26, 2021, 04:02:16 am »

Settling in

A bit lost and confused, the crew gathered in the ex-farmer guild, which was one of the main buildings of the town. There was corpses everywhere – but they were already clened by scavenging animals and vermins – broken bones would not frighten the vagrants. They looked around and discovered multiple supply caches. Bags of seeds, food conserved either in salt or in honey, tools, barrels of various alcohols, specialized working areas – an unexpected treasure trove.

They gathered near the entrance, cleaned the layer of dust and mud gathered on the wooden floor, and sat in a circle. Then the question was asked : what now ?

Living alongside elves and exiles was a bit annoying, but it was better than the outright dangerous of the wilderness. The elves would turn off dangerous predators, the exiles could be reasoned with. There was food, shelter, work – and the winter was to be particularly nasty this year.

« Repairing the cart again is just outside of my competence » remarked Toki. « If we are to leave, we'll have to abandon everything we can't carry. »

« I saw a kiln upstairs – and an redsmithing workshop in the next house. » added Kaos. « If we stay here, I can work my craft at last. »

« Besides, it was Ralin, moving will have us take a risk – while this place seem safe. There's no reason for us to move. »

And so it was decided – the crewdecided to stay in Kimaeslo Ori, at least for the winter. They would formally name their group Thaguk Alnos – the League of Dominions. As for their symbol, Totten found a small flag on the broken wagon, depicting an anvil between a sword an an axe.

They attached said flag on  a pole and had it flying over the farmers guild – and with that, a new local government was born.

The next day, they were hard at work. The fields were immediately cleared of weed and dead weats. In two days, the task was done and some seeds could be sown. How to tend to fields ? Nobody knew in the small crew. Histamine  proposed they simply gutted a sack or two, threw more or less evenly its content of seeds onto the tiled ground, and just hope something eventually come of it. As nobody else had any better idea, that is what was done.

The dead bodies were gathered on pile outside of the village's walls when they wer humanoid bodies, and when they were the decayed corpses of pets and cattle, Yarlig dismantled them and kept the usable bones at hand – macabre but readily available crafting material.

A grave robber by profession, Yarlig was used working with corpses. Undressing long dead people he has been doing all his life – now, his skills were used to clean the sacked town.

Outside, the rain kept pouring. Now, trees of lights were flashing from the sky. Days passed and the heavy rain shown no sign of stopping. With their provisions running low, the group had to make its own. Figaro used goat and yak milk to start a small cheese production.

Exploring the old fortifications, Totten and Toki discovered that some of the town's facilities were located underground – a barrack was half burried, the stills looked like temporary installations hastily dropped on the cave mud.

A faulty construction, it seems, had completely flooded one level of the underground system. Luckily, another sealed entrance could be found, bypassing the lost level -  they could very well develop the city under earth.

Pearlites are not born diggers – their forays under sea did not always give expected results.
A bit under, another leak, which stopped as mysteriously as it appeared, fertilized part of the underground soil, allowing for future grazing or cultivation.

But for the humans of the kingdom of pearls, the art of living underground was clearly not an exact science yet.

Adapting to sedentary life

Working under the rain sure was annoying and many members of the crew complained about that, but what could be done ? There was, however, other ways in which life could be improved. Ralin and Figaro, for instance, complained that drinking wine directly from barrels proved a bit inconvenient and were yearning for a solution.

A wooden chest was transported to the old tavern, which was subsequently reopened. As they could not find the old collection of wooden cups that the previous owner used, they decided to make their own. Kaos saw his time to shine in the occasion – he found some metal bars in the workshop and decided to try its hand.

« So you'll make bronze goblets ? Asked Ralin.
-Silver goblets, instead. Silver doesn't corrode with water, so it'd be more durable
-You know how to work with silver ? I thought you were a redsmith ? »

Redsmith, silversmith, same thing. How different could it be ? Not very different-it turned to be. Silver would actually fuse at a lower temperature than copper, requiring less fuel overall. In a couple of days, a full collection of silver goblets decorated with copper was produced and delivered to the tavern.

Life remained extremely busy. Working the fields, producing alcohol and cheese, repairing tools, clearing the town out of corpses – it was a lot of work for the team of seven.

As they started to feel a bit more confident withing their environment, they devised bedrooms and  dining rooms among themselves.

At this point I feel the need to note that, if the Aconilun was no more, the town was now the home of at least three groups of vagrants : pearlite exiles, merchants and iferifiyopi elven looters. However, none of those groups contested the actions of the Thaguk Alnos who then expended, unpunished, through the whole town. Totten and Histamine gave themselves bedrooms in the old manor – as it would otherwise be sad to leave such luxury go to waste.

Silver goblets, wine and cheese, food for months, and luxurious bedrooms – surely life looked fine to the vagrants. May it continue like this.

Conflict with elves

The rain didn't stop, however as the temperature kept falling, it soon turned to snow and covered the land. Winter, in Kimaeslo Ori, was peculiary treatcherous. Indeed the sea covered itself in thick ice, which itself seemed to invite the traveller to cross the sea over it. But the ice wasn't uniform and its thickness would vary with the days. During the Aconilun's time, crossing the ice was made illegal – the Thaguk Alnos decided to uphold that decret : nobody was to set foot on the ice for whatever reason.

But that interdiction did not extend to the three other groups occupying the area, who used the ice sheet as a shortcut not to employ the garbage encombered bridge.

« They are idiots » commented Histamine looking at a group of elves making the cross. « But it's not our problem – if they want to drown in cold water, who are we to stop them ? »

Not their problem ? Maybe not for long. As the days went on, the stock of charcoal and firewood started to wane – Kaos asked Toki to replenish it.

By itself, cutting trees was not a difficult task for the trained lumberjack, who made short work of the large trees on the western road – but that action infuriated  the elven looters.

It had to be explained to them that the bridge of Kimaeslo was still a concession of the Kingdom of Pearl and Iferfifiyopi had no juridiction to stop the exploitation of its forest – but the elves, having a loose concept of property and considering plant life above human life, did not really understand the explanation. Thei objection was noted, but in the end, the crew would get to have its charcoal.

Conflict, it seems, was to brew between the communities.

Then, there was another incident – the wooly yak bull that was brought to pulkl the cart a couple months ago, escape from its pasture and before Figaro could  catch him back, had mounted every single elven yak cow. Calves would then be birthed during the winter – their status and ownership extremely uncertain.

Other than that, life was pretty peaceful in the abandonned town. Yarlig, taking a break from disman tling corpses, took an interest in bone carving.

Admittedly, he wasn'textremely good, but how could he be, as he just started ? Surely, if the gods want it, he would become an expert bone crafter – a social improvement over his current status of corpse undresser.

The rest of winter was spent in a routine – working the fields, making supplies and spending the evenings making trinkets. Kaos started to work with Yarlig and Toki to extract metal from the armor of fallen Osmite soldiers they undressed and to recycle it into high quality equipment. A silver mace and a bronze decorated armor was produced for Totten, who expressed the desire – maybe later – to resume her fighting career.  Having a trained redsmith at hand was a benediction it would be foolish not to exploit.

Besides, the position of Kimaeslo Ori was such than the yerly merchant caravan would have to cross the town – in ruins or not. The crew did wanted to hav some merchandises to trade for the day they would come.

There was commotion on the bridge. As Lesno was eating a sandwich he took from the granary, he was accosted by three elves. One of them, a woman pushed by boredom, clearly seeked conflict with the fat exile. She started mocking his appearance to the amusement of her companions, then started to hurl insults to him.

She clearly was trying to get a rise out of him – and she did  get it. The man threw his sandwich at her face – she narrowly avoided it, and then threw his whole body at her – she did not avoid it. He whacked her up a couple time with his copper axe, slamming her on the ground.

Ralin, witnessing the event, pleaded with Lesno to stop – but the man was too far gone and the elf was executed on the ground. The doctor was traumatized by the event. Lesno would also have to be dealt with at some point, one way or the other.

Days passed. Soon, the ice broke, the snow receeded, the sky cleared and birds chirped to sing the arrival of spring.

On the waters of the interior sea, attempting a late crossing ofn the ice sheet, two other elves had drown.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: January 26, 2021, 05:09:44 am »

"Redsmith, silversmith, same thing. How different can it be?" - That's a smith who gets how things work.

HakuryuVision

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: January 26, 2021, 08:41:13 pm »

Really good start so far.
Kind of interesting not seeing a group building everything up from scratch, but instead reclaiming and settling into a place already filled with history.
Is the new Toki also being a woodcutter just a coincidence, or did you do that on purpose? ; )

Then, there was another incident – the wooly yak bull that was brought to pull the cart a couple months ago, escape from its pasture and before Figaro could  catch him back, had mounted every single elven yak cow. Calves would then be birthed during the winter – their status and ownership extremely uncertain.

Lesno might 'help' in this matter.
...i mean, if there are no elves, then there is no such things like 'elven cows'. Just 'cows'.

Also wow, that yak bull did a good job.

Really great job!
Very interested in where this new fortress is going!

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: January 27, 2021, 09:11:44 am »

Metal is metal.  All will melt in the glow of coke.
  And silver is a damn fine metal to work with - not to mention makes a statement about how we intend to live.

Skål!!!
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: January 27, 2021, 12:04:24 pm »

Ahem.

Spoiler: Histamine (click to show/hide)

"Histamine Beesflung"?!

This is one of the best naming collisions I've seen in awhile.

Also, yay, fort reclamation!  The narrative so far has been delightful.  And focusing on your words, I can ignore the horrible detail of "there's garbage all over this game map arrrrrgh" that otherwise would impose on my own reclamation experience . . .

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1424 on: January 28, 2021, 07:29:30 pm »

Thanks a lot for the encouragements ^^ Next season should be a tad quicker now that we're settled. Plus Toady just uploaded a new version making people much more resistant to stress on the long term, and since the Aconilun was  severely weakend by a wave of stress related criminality before its eventual demise, we can hope for a lot of good things starting year 150 !

Speaking about that, some clarifications and out-of-order news and announcements :

- Unfortunately I'm not sure we can take the calves. Basically, 4 calves are ours, but some....6 I believe spawned as "friendly". I don't think we can do anything with them.
- For Lesno and companions, I don't know what to do with them. There are some 40-ish guests in the fort. I think attrition will eventually get to them but I wish there was a way to just remove them peacefully.
- The capitale of Ansgekstozu, the northern goblin empire, has been officially taken by Bomrek-Laltur. It's yet another blow they take, maybe unavoidable but painful nothetheless. Now, the rest of their territory hides in badly defended pits between Bomrek-Laltur and the empire of Osme. For them, the end is near
- Minbazkar is 150 years old c: It means 25 game years have passed since the worldgen.

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 111