Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rejinheri Company Cabal OOC  (Read 2642 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Rejinheri Company Cabal OOC
« on: April 28, 2017, 06:28:00 pm »

Rejinheri Company's ooc. If you're not part of this cabal, don't look here.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Rejinheri Company Cabal OOC
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 08:27:14 pm »

Mission & Values

"Rejinheri Company is a hierarchical organization of entrepreneurially-minded wizards united by a common desire for stability in the world and/or their own personal self interests. Unlike other cabals, we have no defining moral code, we swear allegiance to no higher power, and we come from a variety of backgrounds and magic paths. Like every cabal, our ultimate goal is world conquest; however, our intention is to attain power by establishing a corporate empire, not a military one.

The main advantage to Rejinheri Company, as the name suggests, is that it will be run like a business. Characters from all walks of life and of all ideological stances are welcome to apply, given that they meet three criteria: (a) they’re trustworthy, (b) they’re willing and able to earn their keep, and (c) they have some ability that’s profitable or otherwise useful to the company. Employees will be entitled to a cut of the profits proportional to their contribution to the company.

Of course, the main disadvantage to Rejinheri Company, as the name suggests, is that it will be run like a business. Since Yng will be paying for most of the initial costs, he wants ownership of the Cabal and control of company finances. It’s not a dictatorship by any means, but it’s not really democratic either."
- DrMcTaalik

Headquarters

Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Location (click to show/hide)

Roster

Yng, Son of Yng- Alchemist Sculptor (DoctorMcTaalik)
A sturdy, well-kempt man with black hair and a goatee.

Hamber Lohan- Alchemist Sculptor (SpottedWobbegong)
A tall man with black hair, brown eyes, a well-groomed goatee and round glasses he always forgets to wipe. He is wearing a western shirt and jeans.

Grennyl- Gut-reader Hunter (AkumaKasai)
Rather tall and broadly built, but neither muscular nor plump. His face and scalp are clean-shaven. His simple clothing is covered by a long, white coat, and he often covers the lower half of his face with a cloth. He has what some would consider an odd obsession with cleanliness, and one who knew him might describe him as slightly too formal.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 07:41:10 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

SpottedWobbegong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 11:06:43 am »

So which mission do we take first? I think we should try the magic beast one, and if we're lucky, we can capture it and sell it to the arena.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 02:55:32 pm »

I like that idea. I was thinking that if we get a warrior to join our company, we could sponsor his entry into the arena. Maybe make some sound bets on the fight for extra gold.

First things first, though, I would like to get our HQ set up, and maybe head over to Gross and get a feel for the place.

I'm not sure if we should be discussing this here, or IC... It's hard to get a feel for the rp-versus-mechanics balance of a game, when almost everything is hidden behind spoilers. :p

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 08:09:56 pm »

The more I think about it, the more I like SpottedWobbegong's idea. My main concern is that we don't have any mana right now. How about Grennyl and I head into town, check out the local merchants and keep an ear out for rumors, while Hamber gets started converting my alchemical junk into thaum? Then, once we're slightly better equipped, we head East.

Also, do you guys mind if I put basic information about our characters in the 2nd post? If we ever grow to a substantial size, it might be helpful for organizational purposes.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 08:12:44 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 08:42:53 am »

The magical beast one sounds like it may be a good idea, but I'd rather avoid it. We're not all too well equipped for it, and if we do it I'm pretty sure we'll run into another cabal, which I absolutely do not want to have to deal with. I would much rather screw around in Gros and see if we can make any money, or maybe buy a load of cargo to sell somewhere.

SpottedWobbegong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 09:23:38 am »

I thought about that too, but my reasoning was that the city sent out a hunting party, so we would have them as safety. From what I understand, the cabals only tag along.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 09:36:10 am by SpottedWobbegong »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 08:39:18 pm »

Hmmm... I suppose the best course of action would probably be to debate the matter in character, once we've regrouped.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 10:09:42 pm »

Yeah, probably. Though I don't know that Grennyl personally would have much to say, currently he's kind of just following your lead.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 03:57:43 pm »

Sorry about my inactivity over the last week and a half. I say we meet back up, and figure out what we're actually going to do.

SpottedWobbegong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 12:28:57 pm »

So, we can transform coins into thaum. I say we do it for a bit of starter mana. 50-50 would probably be plenty enough.