Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 566099 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Spring 1941 (Design Phase)
« Reply #4875 on: July 15, 2017, 11:57:11 am »

Quote from: Votes
RDN-41-3 "DEADLIEST RAY": (9) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, evictedSaint, Madman198237, Happerry, NAV, Stabby, 3_14159, Andrea
down with the sunglasses smiley

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: July 15, 2017, 11:59:26 am »

RDN-41-3 "DEADLIEST RAY": (10) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, evictedSaint, Madman198237, Happerry, NAV, Stabby, 3_14159, Andrea, Chiefwaffles

The sunglasses smiley is actually the worst thing to ever happen to FG&RP.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: July 15, 2017, 12:10:08 pm »

The only problem with the Deadliest Ray name is that it leaves no room for further improvement.
Oh wait, Deadliester/Deadlierest Ray.
The name is fine.

I also really think that trying to fit it in our fighters is pushing too far. Ice Giant/Reckless Effect should be the goal for aerial radar.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: July 15, 2017, 12:12:26 pm »

cavity magnetrons are just THAT small. If we get them, we will be able to get a fighter version. not very long ranged, but it should fit.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: July 15, 2017, 12:16:02 pm »

Yeah, Cavity Magnetrons fit in fighters. If we roll well, I think a revision would be enough to install one in all compatible fighters. Might raise the cost, I suppose.

The Deadliest Ray is the last in the series. If, for some reason, we need to develop better radar than cavity magnetrons provide (unlikely), we can name it something else.
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: July 15, 2017, 12:21:23 pm »

We'll probably want to only install it in the Lightnings if we want an Expensive fighter, or the Thunderbird if we want to use it as a more-expensive support fighter. Although there ARE more options than just those two. Just remember: The Lightning and the Thunderbird are the same cost. If we want an expensive jet, however, we'll want to put an afterburner on the Lightning as well as the radar, because if we're going to have an Expensive Lightning II jet fighter, it ought to at least be a better fighter.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: July 15, 2017, 12:26:56 pm »

If we reduce the cost of it we could fit it to EVERY fighter. That'll be a nasty surprise for the cannalans. And the allies if we give it to the germans.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: July 15, 2017, 12:31:03 pm »

That's the thing, both the T-bird and the Lightning are, IIRC, sitting right on the edge of Expensive rather than Cheap. Adding almost ANYTHING would bump the cost.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: July 15, 2017, 12:35:17 pm »

adding anything that increases cost. radar would not necessarily do so.

anyway, we should give some aluminium and titanium to the lightning at some point.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: July 15, 2017, 12:36:21 pm »

cavity magnetrons are just THAT small. If we get them, we will be able to get a fighter version. not very long ranged, but it should fit.
So what I'm hearing is we can probably duct tape one underneath the Haast in its bomb slots?

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: July 15, 2017, 12:48:34 pm »

I'm just worried that if we try to fit it in fighters we'll get really small but inferior radar. Where the same roll if we just try to fit it in the reckless would give us larger but better radar.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: July 15, 2017, 12:54:43 pm »

Which is why we aren't trying to fit it in fighters. We're developing the basic CM radar first. We're talking about later on using a revision to put radar in fighters.
Long Live United Forenia!

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: July 15, 2017, 12:56:14 pm »

I'm just worried that if we try to fit it in fighters we'll get really small but inferior radar. Where the same roll if we just try to fit it in the reckless would give us larger but better radar.

I thought the general sentiment was to try to revise them onto the planes later, not try for that right this very instant (Well, Reckless AWACS aside)

.....Again I type to darn slow, NUKE beat me to the punch... By almost 2 minutes...

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: July 15, 2017, 01:02:58 pm »

RDN-41-3 "DEADLIEST RAY": (11) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, evictedSaint, Madman198237, Happerry, NAV, Stabby, 3_14159, Andrea, Chiefwaffles, SMMI

Let's loop back around to 18!

@Sensei, I think this is about as unanimous as we've ever been.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: July 15, 2017, 01:25:31 pm »

That's the thing, both the T-bird and the Lightning are, IIRC, sitting right on the edge of Expensive rather than Cheap. Adding almost ANYTHING would bump the cost.

That'd be why, if a fighter radar is made, we put it as a variant.  That way, we have both cheaper without and expensive versions with radar.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 500