Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 565728 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Summer 1941 (Strategy Phase)
« Reply #5265 on: October 30, 2017, 11:36:25 pm »

Design:  RDN-42-4 "DEADLIEST RAY"
The most notable advancement by the Radar Defense Network Mk. 4 "Deadliest Ray" is the invention of the cavity magnetron.  Leaps and bounds smaller than the primitive radar installations currently used on land and sea by the Forenian Army, it is the culmination of several years of research and multiple attempts to improve the radar system itself.

This system is small enough to move from dedicated Cargo-Radar ships to being mounted in the command towers of military naval ships without sacrificing the turret stations.  It is small enough to be mounted on mobile trucks and SPAAG's for in-field radar detection and even mounted aboard a Haast or Lightning (or Reckless Effect, if space is not permitting) in order to provide mobile air-based radar command stations for aerial operations.  Rather than an entire battery of Overcompensator Shore Defense systems relying on a single radar installation, each may be mounted with its own radar system.

The primary goal is to make the radar as small as possible, more securely integrate it with our radar targeting systems to improve automatic targeting, mount it on all our ships, and to mount the system on our planes.

Missiles are possible, and radar was specifically mentioned to be a deciding factor in the biggest theatre in the game.  With how finicky their missiles are, we can probably postpone another turn before we produce flares, but we should either revise flares this turn or revise a lander.  I'm leaning towards lander.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Fall 1942 (Design Phase)
« Reply #5266 on: October 30, 2017, 11:38:45 pm »

Indeed folks, this is the turn we crank out the lander. We've got them running, and being able to land a hell of a lot more shit is gonna be good for taking titan. We take it and we win the war!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: October 30, 2017, 11:43:05 pm »

Indeed folks, this is the turn we crank out the lander. We've got them running, and being able to land a hell of a lot more shit is gonna be good for taking titan. We take it and we win the war!

We should revise the Archer into a lander. Hollow out the forward compartments, put a lander door on the front, and stuff a tank inside.  It has two forward-facing bumblebee cannons, so it can even support landing troops and armor.  Best of all, it's already Cheap.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: October 31, 2017, 12:04:41 am »

Make the archer into a lander like the cannalians did with their lander, which was a kraken once. Its going to be better then the kraken in every way however, like being somewhat fast and not being a bloody big target. Anyway, Radar+Lander plan is go, yes?
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: October 31, 2017, 12:05:59 am »

Per discussion in the discord, I personally believe we would be best off with developing this radar.  We have a huge amount of technology that could benefit from it (cavity radar would let us potentially fit radar on our aircraft, ships smaller than ENTIRE DEDICATED CARGO SHIPS and also our shore guns would benefit).  I believe this is our chance to potentially unbalance the naval situation and take the design initiative away from them.  I agree that we should design radar, then revise the archer into a lander.

Quote from: design votes
RDN-42-4 "DEADLIEST RAY" (1)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 12:10:36 am by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: October 31, 2017, 12:20:08 am »

RDN-42-4 "DEADLIEST RAY" (2): QuakeIV, Piratejoe
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: October 31, 2017, 12:23:06 am »

(3) RDN-42-4 "DEADLIEST RAY": QuakeIV, Piratejoe, eS

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: October 31, 2017, 12:25:59 am »

Alright, let's do this.
(4) RDN-42-4 "DEADLIEST RAY": QuakeIV, Piratejoe, eS, Jilladilla

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: October 31, 2017, 01:35:14 am »

(5) RDN-42-4 "DEADLIEST RAY": QuakeIV, Piratejoe, eS, Jilladilla, Powder Miner
Agree for sure. Making sure our naval draw is steady continues to open up what may be the single best opportunity we will have for a long time to take Titan, which is in and of itself a turning point. And THEN developing the cav mags properly opens up even further opportunities, such as scout planes, which we could make very good use of, or radar targeting.

And we REALLY REALLY want to take Titan -- it would be a real big turning point in the resource game and in our map progress, considering it would slaughter what little pride they have left in their air force.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: October 31, 2017, 01:37:41 am »

(5) RDN-42-4 "DEADLIEST RAY": QuakeIV, Piratejoe, eS, Jilladilla, Zanzetkuken

I've been thinking about the decision in the mindset of 'how to troll the Axis'.  What if we went the route of making the offer of creating our own based upon the way the Germans portrayed them to the public (ie. Pretty nice places to live that didn't have the killings going on) on one of the two eastern islands, and then just put people who would otherwise go to prison there?  Bonus, if we word it right, we can use this to advance the methods of treating prisoners by a couple decades as a method to release them.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: October 31, 2017, 01:39:23 am »

What if we just made it a vacation resort for them and forgot about the prisoner part?

e: merged above votes
(6) RDN-42-4 "DEADLIEST RAY": QuakeIV, Piratejoe, eS, Jilladilla, Powder Miner, Zanzetkuken
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 01:44:40 am by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: October 31, 2017, 01:45:36 am »

What if we just made it a vacation resort for them and forgot about the prisoner part?

We need to look like we aren't completely undermining them just yet.  Half thinking we should send along a design of our own so they take this deal and still give us the credit.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: October 31, 2017, 01:48:04 am »

Well I mean, the original idea was a nice place for them to stay to keep them out of the way, or at least that was my understanding of their propaganda of the time.  So, give them a nice place to stay.  A really nice place...
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: October 31, 2017, 02:19:24 am »

We need to look like we aren't completely undermining them just yet.  Half thinking we should send along a design of our own so they take this deal and still give us the credit.
That didn't work last time we tried it, and I'm tired of giving the heils shit for nothing in return.

Olith McHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: October 31, 2017, 02:28:46 am »

Would be really nice to have working, esp for this season

(7) RDN-42-4 "DEADLIEST RAY": QuakeIV, Piratejoe, eS, Jilladilla, Powder Miner, Zanzetkuken, McHuman
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 500