Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 565165 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Spring 1943 (Design Phase)
« Reply #6105 on: May 23, 2018, 01:12:24 pm »

I think we should make a true self-propelled artillery. Take the 150mm naval cannon from the Cataphract and put it on a bjorn with the roof and turret chopped off.

Edit: Added an optional bipod upgrade to the Horsekiller for snow/sand/other very soft ground.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 01:40:43 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6106 on: May 23, 2018, 01:41:16 pm »

Quote from: Vote Thing
(4) UF-MLRS-43 "Artemis" : QuakeIV, VoidSlayer, Jilladilla, Andrea
(1) Grapejuice Cluster Bomb: Wizgrot
(9) UF-AMR-43 Horsekiller Mk II B: NAV, NUKE9.13, Kashyyk, eS, Powder Miner, Happerry, ConscriptFive, Stabby

I would like a self propelled artillery gun, but the artemis seems to be the closest I can get

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6107 on: May 23, 2018, 01:46:39 pm »

Added markings to our scope to assist with range finding and account for bullet drop and windage.

Named scope UF-RS-43 Eagle Sight MKIII.

Made it adjustable instead of having fixed magnification levels. Not sure if this is reasonable with the range finding/bullet drop markings. Doing some research. No adjustable magnification, they are less accurate with WW2 tech and wouldn't allow the markings.

Added bayonet lug. Ideal reach for motorcyle jousting, or for impaling pirates as you parachute from the sky.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 02:10:46 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6108 on: May 23, 2018, 02:12:40 pm »

We don't need a bayonet lug on an anti-material sniper rifle.

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6109 on: May 23, 2018, 02:24:18 pm »

We're merely correcting the grave oversight that the Velociraptor was never fielded with a bayonet.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6110 on: May 23, 2018, 02:25:31 pm »

The bayonet lug is a joke about how many features I am cramming into the design. It doesn't take away from it in any way, so why not? Remember this is also meant to be purchased and used by Forenian civilians to defend their homes, so a bayonet lug is a must.

Made the gun camo painted to avoid giving the snipers position away.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 03:04:21 pm by NAV »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #6111 on: May 23, 2018, 03:46:26 pm »

I dunno if there are enough features on it yet, NAV.  Maybe include an attachment that sucks your dick to reduce combat stress, thereby improving the snipers aim.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6112 on: May 23, 2018, 03:54:20 pm »

I am not seeing the rocket... Have you considered a multiple-charge system along the barrel with rocket ammo? What about replacing the bayonet with a rocket-propelled model fist? Can you store vodka in the stock? Does it have an automatic shot-counter that displays dead pirates? It could be a tally display with a sinking ship for every 5 shots and a burning keg of rum for 25...

I proposed guided missile Saruhks last turn and still feel that guided artillery is the way, though we could try cluster munitions on them...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6113 on: May 23, 2018, 04:00:56 pm »

Could give it a variety of magazine sizes? Sometimes 8 round might be too small. Sometimes 8 round might be too big.

Could make it bullpup for compactness. Probably very awkward to use a bolt action bullpup though.

Could make the magazines usable as a makeshift grenade or land mine? There should be enough gunpowder in all the bullets for that to be deadly.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 04:13:06 pm by NAV »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6114 on: May 23, 2018, 04:49:51 pm »

Try not to make the design Very Hard if it doesn't have to be guys, I don't want it hamstrung because people tried to cram too much onto it...

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6115 on: May 23, 2018, 04:54:55 pm »

Try not to make the design Very Hard if it doesn't have to be guys, I don't want it hamstrung because people tried to cram too much onto it...

add 1 ton of bombs
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6116 on: May 23, 2018, 05:12:43 pm »

I'm done.

Final features:
-Anti-Materiel Rifle, long rifled barrel, 15mm
-Bolt action, multi-lug bolt
-Recoil dampening stock
-Padded cheek rest
-Muzzle break OR flash hider
-Adjustable bipod OR soft terrain skids
-Partially made of aluminum
-Camo paint
-Bayonet lug

Scope:
-Not complex
-Can attach to all our rifles
-2x, 4x, or 8x magnification
-Markings for range finding, bullet drop, and windage
-Sunshade to prevent glint

Ammo:
-8 round magazine
-15mm bullet
-New tungsten core armour penetrating rounds
-Variety of usable old ammo types

Normal or hard. There is no way this is very hard. It is just a gun, way simpler than designing any new tank or warship or fighter jet.
Every small addition does actually help a small amount with sniping, except for the bayonet lugs which are there as a joke.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 05:17:52 pm by NAV »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6117 on: May 23, 2018, 05:13:41 pm »

UFAF-ASP-43 'Black Death'
The Reckless Effect is an excellent transport plane. It works pretty well. However, while it is good at delivering things that can be used to make other things explode, it can't make things explode by itself. The Black Death aims to fix that. Equipped with an easy-to-produce version of the Deadliest Ray used in Frightening (the new version can replace the Deadliest Ray used in the Frightening, and should lose less power due to being less jury-rigged), two Velociraptor 20mm autocannon, and a full-size Bumblebee in the cargo area, the plane is little more than a mobile firebase, capable of spotting enemy aircraft and providing artillery support to the infantry below. The aircraft is meant to wait until friendly air control has been established (providing radar coverage until that is done) before moving in to provide direct support, be it AT work, suppression, or just causing general mayhem amongst the enemies. A ridiculously souped-up Fair Fight Module with an extremely large area-of-effect protects the gunship from proximity-fused ground fire. Any enterprising gunners who keep firing can be dealt with quite easily---after all, the Black Death is as durable as a Reckless, and brought its own artillery support.

Basic version done. Problems, questions, comments, cries of joy for my genius?
:P
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6118 on: May 23, 2018, 05:18:11 pm »

I almost forgot about the padded cheek rest!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6119 on: May 23, 2018, 07:09:09 pm »

I almost forgot about the padded cheek rest!
What cheek?.

I AM curious about the possibility of red dot sights for a marksman variant.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 500