Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 551390 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: October 1945, Post-Battle
« Reply #7410 on: January 14, 2019, 09:01:16 am »

It's wrong though, it says Arztotzka, some of letters are not right and the wings do not reach to the top of the star, not to mention it has different ratio. It's not cleaned up, that's entire new flag!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7411 on: January 14, 2019, 09:20:45 am »

Oh well, better luck next time
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7412 on: January 14, 2019, 10:01:50 am »

The Poisonous Salamander: A standard Salamander tank, but with extra weapons, including a pair of tear gas dispensers mounted on the side and a flamethrower mounted on the main turret.

I may not be able to halt the revolution, but I will end this war! I attack the Cannalan president!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7413 on: January 14, 2019, 01:32:06 pm »

Somebody should absolutely "accidentally" break the truce on, say, Tereshkova, and retake the whole island via prototype-powered goodness. And maybe somebody try that on Forenia proper as well? Seems unlikely to work, but you know, when are prototypes EVER likely to work?

Somebody could also go the boring route and nuke Cannala until it looks like Vlanlados except with more idiot wannabe samurai and drunken liver-cancer-filled pirates.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7414 on: January 14, 2019, 02:44:01 pm »

I plan on going the 'boring' route so long as someone makes a nuke while I make the aircraft. Though I think I'm targeting their sugarcane and destroying their rum and possibly entire northern food industry once and for all, forcing them to eat rice and drink sake or starve sober.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7415 on: January 14, 2019, 03:52:50 pm »

N.E.M.O.

((Action coming soon))

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7416 on: January 14, 2019, 03:55:10 pm »

N.E.M.O.

((Action coming soon, new recruits welcome))
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7417 on: January 14, 2019, 03:55:55 pm »

N.E.M.O

(Action to be posted soon)
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7418 on: January 14, 2019, 04:09:56 pm »

Salim Shahid wasn't entirely surprised by Forenian's failings.  "If only they'd listened to me..." he thought.  The ethnic Moskburg engineer had collaborated on several designs which saw production, but none of his personal prototypes were ever adopted.

As the Capital erupted in chaos, Salim found his way to the test airfield.  "Ah, my Shepard.  How much dear Tereshkova would've loved you," he remarked aloud.  A Reckless Effect military transport to be rebuilt as a command and control bird, he'd just succeeded in pressurizing the full cabin before the project was cut.  Knowing this day would come, he had secretly continued to work on the prototype for his own ends.

"Today is the day I leave Forenia," he thought to himself.

Salim would flee this god forsaken archipelago and found his own engineering firm abroad.  Ideally he would settle in a liberal and decadent country, full of blackjack and hookers.

The funny thing about unadopted prototypes was that they're so quickly forgotten, the Inspector General didn't even bother to cross-check with accounting that budgeted systems were even built.  The radar and next gen commo suite on the Shepard?  Only a mockup and never actually purchased.  The mangalloy frame and plating on the HuMAAR 4x4 prototype?  A salvaged AS-MV21-AL frame and plating that certainly wasn't modern mangalloy.  The Baby Bjorn?  The war ended before the parts were even delivered.

Shahid had embezzled quite the nest egg over the last two years, more than enough to seed his entrepreneurial dreams abroad.  A small cache of gold ingots were concealed in the Shepard's cockpit, a few still stamped with Reichsadlers.

Alas, Shahid lacked two final components of his getaway: a pilot and in-flight entertainment.

Under the blaring alarm sirens, the test pilot barracks were empty, except for one bunk.  An one-armed pilot sloppily weeped to himself, apparently intoxicated on what Shahid hoped was just alcohol.  The man clutched an old insignia pin of the 7th Ground Attack Squadron in his tear-drenched hand.  The ex-Haast pilot would have to do.

As Shahid led the shattered man to the hangar, he heard a distinct chuckle as the Shepard came into view.  The Shepard had been painted in fluorescent orange and black diagonal stripes, marking the plane as a protected ambulance.  The fellow Moskburg pilot probably appreciated the passing resemblance to tiger stripes.

"Today is the day we leave Forenia, my friend.  Fuel and prep the plane for departure, and I'll be back shortly."

As for in-flight entertainment, the test airfield was largely abandoned at the beginning of the armistice.  With the sudden coup underway, Civil Defense officers had since been broadcasting for civilians to take to bomb shelters for their own safety.  Which was likely the best, as Salim also knew other engineers had their own side prototypes they'd soon unleash upon the capital city.  At least the nearest civilian shelter wasn't too far a walk from the test airfield.

As gunfire erupted in the distance, Salim was comforted that he still carried his father's old Five Shooter pistol on his belt.  The so-called "Greatest Generation" had wielded this hunk of Moskburg steel for years in the war against Arstozka.  It was a hero's gun.  Salim could only wonder if his own generation would be so fondly venerated.

With the grade school cellar door in view, Salim fantasized the next few steps of his plan.  Kicking the door open like a badass, he would announce himself as a secret police agent (which of course he wasn't).  Striking a dashing pose in the backlit doorway, he would announce he'd come to rescue all willing women to a fantastic life abroad, full of champagne wishes and caviar dreams.  "Of course this flying harem would be *very grateful*, if you know what I mean," he snickered to himself.  Even then, refugees, a plane in the middle of the ocean, a Five Shooter... "The implication," he muttered with a mischievous grin.

Salim was immediately thwarted when he found the cellar door was hinged to swing outward.  Flinging the door open as a show of alpha machismo, Salim stood aghast.  The grade school cellar was full of terrified children.  Even in the low light of the cellar, the purple star lapel pins most wore were plainly visible.  The supposed "award" was granted to a child who had lost at least one parent in combat.  The huddled masses crowded around a handful of female teachers and other caretakers who were trying the best to comfort them.

Salim's stupor was broken by the utterance of the bespectacled school Head Mistress standing guard inside the cellar,  "Get in or shut the damn door!  Today is not the day for this!"

Indeed, today was not the day.

Resigned, Salim explained to her about the Shepard at the test airfield down the road.  He handed her his military ID,  "Give this to the pilot and tell him I won't be coming.  Inshallah, he'll be able to get all of you out of here."

She looked at him gratefully yet still with a bit of skepticism, "Inshallah... and thank you."

With the Head Mistress leading her ragged parade towards evacuation at the airfield, Salim climbed the grade school stairs onto the roof of the building.  Numerous heavy black smoke trails were visible along the horizon, surely a few of which were wrecked Salamander IFVs.  One of Salim's first team projects was as a junior engineer on the Salamander Pattern F, a Salamander re-engineered to spit napalm at anything within a hundred meters.  In the distance, he heard the distinct whistle of an Artemis rocket, another project he worked on.  Still, Salim was best known among the Engineering Department for the dubious honor of naming the "Pegleg" aerial munition.  After years of dreaming and building increasingly horrifying ways to take lives, it was comforting to think his engineering would be saving lives for once.

As Salim Shahid watched the Forenian capital burn before him, his father's old Five Shooter weighed heavily on his hip.  That was the thing about traditional Moskburg design.  From the Stallion, to the Horsekiller, to the modern Horsekiller II, all were oversized but hard hitting weapons.  Salim had never seen combat personally, but knew the common adage.  "Enough to kill a man in a single shot," he mused to himself.

"Perhaps today is the day I leave Forenia afterall."

UFAF-MTA-45 Shepard Airliner

Once an incomplete revision of the Reckless Effect into a pressurized flying command and control center, the Shepard prototype has been completed as a pressurized airliner.  The "Captain's Cabin," originally an office for the commanding officer, has a relatively large bed installed in it along with a polished vertical brass pole of no discernible function.  The bedding is surprisingly luxurious, apparently made from Trustfall parachute silk.  The RADAR station has been replaced with an apparent bar counter intended to be stocked with liquor.  The rest of the cargo bay has been less opulently renovated with rows of basic wooden chairs bolted to the floor.  The exterior of the plane is largely unchanged from the fundamentally solid Reckless Effect airframe, barring the intentionally striking orange and black striped paint scheme to designate the aircraft as a protected vehicle.
The sole Shepard is to be piloted by a one-armed psychologically traumatized ex-Haast pilot who may or may not have substance abuse issues.  The aircraft will be carrying two to five adult civilians who may or may not be capable of assisting with operating the aircraft.  The cargo bay will be occupied by twenty to fifty children.  A small cache of gold ingots, of both German and other provenance, is hidden in a compartment in the cockpit which may or may not be discovered by its occupants.  The pilot has been given relatively open-ended orders to evacuate its passengers out of Forenia.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 05:32:28 pm by ConscriptFive »

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #7419 on: January 14, 2019, 04:18:40 pm »

N.E.M.O.
(action coming soon)

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7420 on: January 14, 2019, 06:25:42 pm »

AS-RG45

The AS-RG45 is perhaps best described as a gun that shoots miniature rockets. The gun is fed by a box magazine filled with miniature rockets, and the rockets are each launched by a pull of the trigger through the large barrel. It's not a particularly long-ranged weapon, but it shreds through cover and makes armoured and unarmoured infantry alike cry out in fear.

((Power Miner, I thought of this design before you posted your big post. It's not meant to be a hard counter to you.))

First, I will inform the Cannalans of my plan so that they can provide support as needed. Forming the solid core of the unit of Raider APC unit, I make my way towards the armoury. Along the way, I will gather Arstotzkan loyalists to my side to help take the armoury. After reaching the armoury, but before assaulting it, I will ask that all Arstotzkans within join the restoration.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7421 on: January 14, 2019, 06:37:08 pm »

UF-MGL45 "Jackrabbit"
The Jackrabbit is a 40mm semi-automatic, six-shot, revolver-type Grenade Launcher. It is designed to launch explosives over cover and around walls with greater range and accuracy than a throwing arm. It comes with a set of grenade types, include HE, Fire-cracker and Smoke.

I will heed Powder Miner's call, don a spare Rabid Tiger armour and accompany him in his mission, where I will assist in the execution of all Arstotzkan terrorists.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 02:40:38 am by Kashyyk »

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7422 on: January 14, 2019, 09:15:25 pm »

To late to join?
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7423 on: January 14, 2019, 11:22:18 pm »

To late to join?
Nope! You can still join the final battle fighting for Arstotzka. (And other factions too but really you should join Arstotzka.)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7424 on: January 14, 2019, 11:24:02 pm »

To late to join?
Nope! You can still join the final battle fighting for Arstotzka. (And other factions too but really you should join Arstotzka.)
Or fighting to make Forenia great. You could also, if you so desire, join N.E.M.O.. Instructions will be forthcoming on how you can help secure Forenia's future and technological ascendance for generations to come.
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 500