Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 565133 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Spring 1938 (Design Phase)
« Reply #870 on: May 08, 2017, 10:49:46 am »

Quote from: vote
'Reckless Effect' Transport Aircraft (3): Taricus, Khan Boyzitbig, Stabby

Subs aren't going to be that helpful since they already have defense a against them and two world ears have proven that focusing on subs doesn't win the naval war.

Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 08, 2017, 10:50:43 am »

I appreciate the grand nature of the design, but I would be shocked if we got anything even close to approximating that in a single design and revision.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 08, 2017, 11:09:08 am »

I appreciate the grand nature of the design, but I would be shocked if we got anything even close to approximating that in a single design and revision.
If you mean the submarine than you should consider that the action is copying ww1 tech
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 08, 2017, 11:16:43 am »

It is advanced compared to our current tech in that area.  Merchant subs have small cargo holds, so it'd likely be a 1 TC design.  I'm angling for 2 TC, so we don't have to burn any time designing newer transporters for when we take the jungle.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Winter 1938 (Strategy Phase)
« Reply #874 on: May 08, 2017, 11:18:58 am »

Something Mysterious!
As the end result of some shady dealings El Presidente has been involved with, Cannala has gained an Espionage Credit. El Presidente won't tell his own engineers what he did to get the services of a spy. Forenians are aware that there is a spy in their midst, and have been told to watch their neighbors for any sign they may be a Cannalan traitor.
Can we get a bonus to catching the spy; He'll obviously be the one guy who dislikes both Arak and Vodka and has smuggled in rum on him.  :P
That's not necessarily true...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 08, 2017, 11:19:54 am »

Could be a traitor.  Kot might be selling him our designs in exchange for a seaplane.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 08, 2017, 11:20:29 am »

Bloody separatists! Or Pacifists!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 08, 2017, 11:23:42 am »

It is advanced compared to our current tech in that area.  Merchant subs have small cargo holds, so it'd likely be a 1 TC design.  I'm angling for 2 TC, so we don't have to burn any time designing newer transporters for when we take the jungle.
How it is more advanced than aircraft carrier?

I doubt that we will take jungle any time soon with yet another design that does little for that front. Neither I am sure that first generation of transport aircraft will give us 2TC. After all aircrafts are the worst way to transport ore or oil.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #878 on: May 08, 2017, 11:24:33 am »

You lost Azzuro's vote. I added it back.

'Reckless Effect' Transport Aircraft (4): Taricus, Khan Boyzitbig, Stabby, GUNINANRUNIN
UFAF-CT-38 "Albatross" Cargo Transport (1): Azzuro

I really like the self-sealing fuel tanks idea because it would make our planes SIGNIFICANTLY more survivable, but it's not as useful on a transport plane and you'd have to use a revision to get it on our fighters anyways, so let's go with the easier design.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 08, 2017, 11:25:21 am »

We're taking the jungle by sheer virtue of air superiority. The Cannalans have done nothing to counter it so far and I doubt they can.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 08, 2017, 11:31:57 am »

We're taking the jungle by sheer virtue of air superiority. The Cannalans have done nothing to counter it so far and I doubt they can.
New fighter. Their own aircraft carrier. Radar (if they like to gamble) Gaining serious advantage in land warfare.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 08, 2017, 11:32:21 am »

I'd say it's about the same complexity, but my concern is that

1) it is a design that relies on them not having
    1a) sub-hunting capabilities (a 1-turn counter)
    1b) naval supremacy (they have and will continue to have this for several turns)
2) it is a device that does two things that are both separately ambituous.
3) the carrier is barely competent, and that's with a 6
4) relies on new tech unrelated to our skillsets
5) has less of a 2 TC chance than a cargoplane

We should 100% go for a sub at some point, just not a merchant sub.  Once the Dolphin is a decent torpedo and we have sonar/radar we can make the sub to use it.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 08, 2017, 11:48:34 am »

Our carrier is hindered by the fog. Once that is lifted those carriers will have a much better chance against them

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 08, 2017, 11:56:56 am »

Ah...you're right.  Sorry, I suppose I was being pessemistic :P

We should spend a design on a new fighter at some point. 1v1, their Falcon is superior to our Stinger - mainly due to the better engine.  Ooh, maybe we just need to design a better engine?  Something akin to a Rolls-Royce, to give us something strong to slap onto new planes.

'Reckless Effect' Transport Aircraft (5): Taricus, Khan Boyzitbig, Stabby, GUNINANRUNIN, evictedSaint
UFAF-CT-38 "Albatross" Cargo Transport (1): Azzuro

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 08, 2017, 11:57:21 am »

I presume the fog isn't a one-time thing, though. Radar would almost definitely help with it on the future, right?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 500