Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 572350 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Spring 1938 (Revision Phase)
« Reply #960 on: May 08, 2017, 05:51:25 pm »

Guesses? Archipelago? Refugee spies? Or just a den of thieves, beggars, and pirates being filled with criminal types?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: May 08, 2017, 05:52:05 pm »

To be honest, the research credit isn't even super valuable. It's just a reroll during a design phase right? There's a 50% chance that it dosent even do anything for us.

Actually, it's
3% chance of rolling 1
8% chance of rolling a 2
14% chance of rolling a 3
20% chance of rolling a 4
25% chance of rolling a 5
and a 30% chance of rolling a 6. 

Pretty dang helpful, if you ask me

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: May 08, 2017, 06:18:59 pm »

Guys, I told you that naming anything 'Reckless' was tempting fate! And to be honest there wasn't even a need to mention that it could jettison cargo in flight, seeing as that's not really a thing for aircraft as compared to ships.

Also, if I had to take a guess on the espionage credit I would say it's part of a storyline leading up to El Presidente summoning Cthulhu who faces off against a massive fleet of Forenian aircraft carriers in a last ditch attempt to stall Operation Salted Rum from landing on Turbados, but maybe that's just me.

United Forenia Forever!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: May 08, 2017, 06:21:51 pm »

Clearly Kot sabotaged the project in exchange for an experimental Cannalan float plane.
It all adds up. Sabotage-like behavior, Kot getting a float plane...

The Committee of Un-Forenian Affairs must look into this further, obviously.

EDIT: There was no mistake in this post.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 06:25:31 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: May 08, 2017, 06:25:15 pm »

And to be honest there wasn't even a need to mention that it could jettison cargo in flight, seeing as that's not really a thing for aircraft as compared to ships.

If we didn't mention that, then something else would have gone wrong.  The tail would have snapped off, the floor would have been too fragile, the runways too short for lift off, etc.  It's just the nature of rolling a 1.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: May 08, 2017, 06:26:51 pm »

Yeah but at least the others are honest failures...
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: May 08, 2017, 06:32:19 pm »

We do need to design something for ground combat, they are clearly working to overcome us on the ground once the two front war starts back up.

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: May 08, 2017, 06:34:16 pm »

Random thought: Use a revision to convert our motorbikes into snowmobiles?

United Forenia Forever!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: May 08, 2017, 06:43:50 pm »

Not a bad thought. I would argue that we have more pressing needs to be revised, and the snowmobiles are useful in only a single location, but that would be a cheap and easy boost

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: May 08, 2017, 06:59:40 pm »

Quote from: Revision Votes
Plan Corrective Measures: (2) Lightforger, Khan Boyzitbig
Pattern B (General performance and reliability): (1) Taricus
Reliability Sustainment Plan: ( 8) evictedSaint, Powder Miner, Strongpoint, Andrea, NUKE9.13, Helmacon, Madman198237, stabby

Honestly for a 1 it could have been much worse.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #970 on: May 08, 2017, 06:59:53 pm »

Quote from: Revision Votes
Plan Corrective Measures: (2) Lightforger, Khan Boyzitbig
Pattern B (General performance and reliability): (1) Taricus
Reliability Sustainment Plan: (9) evictedSaint, Powder Miner, Strongpoint, Andrea, NUKE9.13, Helmacon, Madman198237, stabby, GUNINANRUNIN

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: May 08, 2017, 07:09:17 pm »

I actually think Strongpoint is on the right track with the Recklesser Effect, you guys.

Reliability Sustainment Plan
Due to the disappointingly unreliable nature of the emergency release (for which the engineer responsible was appropriately and sanely reprimanded for) we spend our revision increasing the overall reliability of the plane.  The release mechanisms are fixed to prevent accidental failures, but we don't stop there.  Points of stress in the plane are analyzed and either reinforced or added to the maintenance plan.  The engines are optimized for both cold and hot weather and adjustments are made to allow periodic servicing easier.  Wear-heavy parts are made easier to replace or redesigned to prevent undue wear and tear, and further steps of this nature are taken to ensure that the Reckless Effect will be the most durable, serviceable, and reliable plane in the air.  Lessons taken from this revision will be applied to future designs and existing aircraft.

Think of this as an investment in future designs.  And if this works out, then we'll have a higher turn-around for aircraft servicing than the Cannalans!

Trying to get another TC is perhaps a bit too ambitious at the moment.  We might not even get the jungle this year, and if we do then we can spend our next design on developing a better cargo plane or merchant sub or whatever and still get the resource.

EDIT: Derp, just saw that Nuke posted something similar.  If he includes my points about making it ultra-reliable and serviceable and applying the lessons elsewhere, I'll vote for it.

Normal: 4
Reckless Effect Revision: The cargo door is fixed, and every other system in the plane gets a once-over. The engines, while not high performance, are very reliable, and the plane can fly and land (but not take off) with two engine failures. Our mathematicians tell us it can fly with big holes in the wings, but they couldn't explain to us the advantages of building a version with holes in the wings. They said the Cannalans might make one for us, so maybe that means we should beat them to it, whatever this accomplishes.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Spring 1938 (Strategy Phase)
« Reply #972 on: May 08, 2017, 07:12:03 pm »

Thank god.

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: May 08, 2017, 07:19:18 pm »

Quote from: Strategy Votes
Attack the Jungle and, the Tundra.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Spring 1938 (Strategy Phase)
« Reply #974 on: May 08, 2017, 07:20:58 pm »

Now that we've got Myark, I vote we get to fighting on both of those two main islands again.
Code: [Select]
Jungle-Desert Island (2): Powder Miner, Lightforger
Southern Tundra Island (2): Powder Miner, Lightforger
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 500