Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 565291 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Summer 1940 (Strategy Phase)
« Reply #2355 on: May 21, 2017, 03:10:10 am »

Quote from: Strategy Votes
Push Jungle: (8) evictedSaint, NAV, Madman198237, Piratejoe, Stabby, Lightforger, Azzuro, NUKE9.13
Push Mountains: (7) evictedSaint, NAV, Madman198237, Piratejoe, Stabby, Lightforger, Azzuro
Push Plains: (1) NUKE9.13

Send Axis Dolphin: (2) evictedSaint, strongpoint
Send Axis the Salamander: (6) NAV, Madman198237, Piratejoe, Stabby, Azzuro, NUKE9.13
Send Axis the Haast: (1) Lightforger

Request Research Credit: (8) evictedSaint, NAV, Piratejoe, Lightforger, Powder Miner, Stabby, Azzuro, NUKE9.13
Request Espionage Credit: (2) Madman198237, strongpoint

Restart Stallion production (1) strongpoint
Japan is about 2 years away from developing something like the Salamander. They will appreciate not having to spend the effort doing so. Germany will be less enthusiastic about the Salamander's amphibious nature, but they may appreciate the innovation of a medium-armoured APC capable of outlasting competing light vehicles.
...that said, they probably won't like it so much when their Russian campaign rolls around and they discover why wheeled vehicles don't work so well in the muddy, freezing conditions you face when invading Mother Russia. But that's in the future.
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: May 21, 2017, 03:14:37 am »

Well the kubelwagen, a wheeled vehicle the germans made, handles mud and snow very well due it it's design. So maybe revise the salamander's undercarriage to be flat so it can keep up with tanks with ease (if it isn't already flat.)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: May 21, 2017, 03:28:20 am »

I think something like the Dart is a good idea. Maybe some more emphasis on the first generation turbojet engine and no replication of kamikaze fighters.
A testbed aircraft to serve as a step towards actual jet-based aircraft while still being useful.
Kamikazes can be quite effective (especially in the game that doesn't track pilot causalities)

Obviously, I don't insist on the suicide role It is just an attempt to get little more usefulness from test aircraft and it may be necessary should we lose either mountains or plains. One more thing that I can add is good gliding, allowing it to land when out of fuel.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: May 21, 2017, 03:37:50 am »

Additionally Dart is capable to carry a fixed bomb for suicide missions against enemy aircraft carriers, Walrus landing ships full of troops or other high priority vessels.
Oh, I didn't spot this at first. Yeah, let's not do that. Not unless we get real desperate later on in the war.

I mean, I realise this is just a game, and we did side with the Axis for a +1, but still. It'd be nice if we could avoid blatant crimes against humanity.
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: May 21, 2017, 03:42:19 am »

Push Jungle: (9) evictedSaint, NAV, Madman198237, Piratejoe, Stabby, Lightforger, Azzuro, NUKE9.13, Kashyyk
Push Mountains: (7) evictedSaint, NAV, Madman198237, Piratejoe, Stabby, Lightforger, Azzuro
Push Plains: (2) NUKE9.13, Kashyyk

Send Axis the Salamander: (7) NAV, Madman198237, Piratejoe, Stabby, Azzuro, NUKE9.13, Kashyyk

Request Research Credit: (9) evictedSaint, NAV, Piratejoe, Lightforger, Powder Miner, Stabby, Azzuro, NUKE9.13, Kashyyk

Restart Stallion production (2) strongpoint, Kashyyk

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: May 21, 2017, 03:55:29 am »

It'd be nice if we could avoid blatant crimes against humanity.
I can't help but think that Kamikaze are about as far from crimes against humanity as you can get. They are volunteers. They are precision-weapons in an age of carpet-bombing. We could bomb an entire district to rubble and the factory might survive from dumb-luck and a dash of hardening, while a dozen kamikaze would likely destroy a half-dozen apartment complexes and put so many dents into the factory's foundations that they'd have to pull out the whole slab and start from scratch.
 I mean, sure, it is horrific, but we are attempting to exterminate an island's entire ecosystem with incendiary cluster-bombs. We may not want to do this for cultural reasons(fanaticism can have some nasty consequences) but war-crime wise it seems downright polite!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: May 21, 2017, 03:57:06 am »

What? It's literally suicide bombing.
That's not okay.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: May 21, 2017, 04:09:25 am »

Why is suicide bombing worse than regular bombing? I mean, I am all for a no-bombing rule, but if people are going to be bombing then it seems preferable to see some conviction in their cause. Would your rather be converted into scattered limbs and several puddles by someone who walked up to you and shared your fate because they really really really thought it was worth it, or someone who pushed a button from 3000 metres above you and then felt a pulse of relief that all they had to concetrate on now was getting safely home? By the "no suicide bombing" clause it is worse to accidentally blow yourself up building a bomb than to sneak it into a radio-station and walk away and watch the show from a safe distance.

Blowing people up is bad. Blowing yourself up with them is just a thematic difference.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: May 21, 2017, 04:13:04 am »

It is not a crime against the enemy. It is a crime toward our own population

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: May 21, 2017, 07:24:16 am »

I want to go for eS's fighter. That said, I'd be open towards using a design we discussed last night in Discord, about building an engine this turn and the plane the next turn. This would lower the difficulty of our first jet engine. We might need two design actions on it, but it would revolutionize air combat, like what our carriers did. Then, we build a new carrier capable of launching Haasts and jets, and we'd be set for air power. They'd have to play catch-up and it would not work well.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: May 21, 2017, 07:26:41 am »

If our planes and people are to blow up lets not be the ones to cause it, makes us look desperate when currently we are not. We could give just about anything to the axis and one of them will find a use for it, an APC does make the most sense as it would benefit all of them.
Push Jungle: (10) evictedSaint, NAV, Madman198237, Piratejoe, Stabby, Lightforger, Azzuro, NUKE9.13, Kashyyk, Khan Boyzitbig

Send Axis the Salamander: (8 ) NAV, Madman198237, Piratejoe, Stabby, Azzuro, NUKE9.13, Kashyyk, Khan Boyzitbig

Request Research Credit: (9) evictedSaint, NAV, Piratejoe, Lightforger, Powder Miner, Stabby, Azzuro, NUKE9.13, Kashyyk

Restart Stallion production (3) strongpoint, Kashyyk, Khan Boyzitbig

Also like to have plenty of choice for support weapons.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: May 21, 2017, 09:12:40 am »

Push Jungle: (10) evictedSaint, NAV, Madman198237, Piratejoe, Stabby, Lightforger, Azzuro, NUKE9.13, Kashyyk, Khan Boyzitbig

Send Axis the Salamander: (8 ) NAV, Madman198237, Piratejoe, Stabby, Azzuro, NUKE9.13, Kashyyk, Khan Boyzitbig

Restart Stallion production (4) strongpoint, Kashyyk, Khan Boyzitbig, NAV
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: May 21, 2017, 11:20:51 am »

Looks solid to me, votes locked in!

Unfortunately battle report may be quite late, I've got stuff going on.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: May 22, 2017, 03:09:27 am »

Battle Report 9: Summer 1940

NationStates:
If anyone's interested, some players from each side have made Forenia and Cannala in the NationStates browser game, and sometimes coordinate decision making for them in the Arms Race Discord channel. There's also a third nation in their region, who might or might not be important.

Design Doctrines:
I've added a few things to design doctrines, most notably that artillery shells and bombs can have various warhead types, which is mostly how I've run it anyway. Also, the MG pintle mounts which former Arstotzka was completely obsessed with.

New Equipment:

This turn, the Forenian "Put A Rocket On It" parliamentary part is celebrating a huge victory as the first UF-MRL-40 'SARUKH' rolls of the assembly line. The Sarukh is a rocket artillery piece, which fires eight rockets off of rails. Unlike conventional artillery, it can lay down a ton of fire all at once, and it's light weight enough (especially after firing all its rockets) to quickly relocate before the enemy can return fire. They spent their revision on Infantry Quality-of-Life equipment, which mostly just means they got inexpensive binoculars and good quality flashlights which can mount on guns or helmets, plus have colored filters for signals. Although it doesn't really have a direct effect on the outcome of the war, Forenia also has remarkable comfortable and modern uniforms, replete with nylon straps, sunglasses and googles, combat knives which attach to bayonet lugs, soft knee and elbow pads with removable hard pads. Altogether the new uniforms are both intimidating and fashion-forward. Deciding they needed a heavy machine gun, they have also reinstated the M1 Stallion, Moskurg's old heavy machine gun in the .60 caliber Horsekiller round, or the 15mm Horsekiller round as it is now doomed to be known.

Cannala went about making the M1939 "La Sierra" GPMG. The initial version was a disaster, but after a revision it's a fairly portable 21-pound machinegun for BRC1913 rifle cartridges. It has lots of convenient features like like an included bipod, a rail which attaches to tripod/pintle mounts, and a rail which can affix optical sights in addition to the gun's own iron sights.

Forenia is ready to start benefitting from the oil in Mutriq, but they lack the Transport Capacity to take advantage of it!

The Forenian Army currently has the following equipment:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: May 22, 2017, 03:10:30 am »

The Cannalan army currently has the following equipment:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 500