Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 564442 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Autumn 1941 (Strategy Phase)
« Reply #4500 on: June 27, 2017, 06:11:23 am »

Quote from: Votes
Push Mt. Konstantin (6): Powder Miner, Piratejoe, 10ebbor10, Kashyyk, NUKE9.13, Stabby
Push Tereshkova Island (6): Powder Miner, Piratejoe, 10ebbor10, Kashyyk, NUKE9.13, Stabby

Reintroduce Recoilless Rifle (4) : 10ebbor10, Sheb, Kashyyk, Stabby

Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: June 27, 2017, 07:37:04 am »

Can I vote or does the invesitgation prevent that? But yeah, we should get our salty RR in deployment again.

No.  We shouldn't just reintroduce it.  We should improve it next turn into this.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: June 27, 2017, 07:50:34 am »

Can I vote or does the invesitgation prevent that? But yeah, we should get our salty RR in deployment again.

No.  We shouldn't just reintroduce it.  We should improve it next turn into this.
+inf

Push Mt. Konstantin (7): Powder Miner, Piratejoe, 10ebbor10, Kashyyk, NUKE9.13, Stabby, Madman198237
Push Tereshkova Island (7): Powder Miner, Piratejoe, 10ebbor10, Kashyyk, NUKE9.13, Stabby, Madman198237

Reintroduce Recoilless Rifle (5) : 10ebbor10, Sheb, Kashyyk, Stabby, Madman198237

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: June 27, 2017, 09:56:05 am »

Hippo Recoilless Rifle: A 2.2 inch Recoilless rifle, which is reloadable. Appears as a tube with a square, offset box in the middle which contains the mechanism to hold and fire its rounds. It also The grips consists of a padded quarter-circle shoulder rest and a foregip with a trigger, an extra off-hand grip in the middle. Like the hippo, rounds (now a single package) consist of a shell, powder-filled casing, and wad of equal mass to the shell. The wad consists of sand in a cork sabot, to present minimal danger to soldiers behind to gun (still, do not stand behind the Hippo Recoilless Rifle). It is a bit heavier than the Rhino, but because it is reloadable a soldier can carry a half-dozen shells. While there is relatively little recoil (comparable to a Horsekiller) it also exerts a torque along the rifle groove when fired, which makes it difficult to use. Includes tall iron post sights on the side of the weapon with multiple horizontal range markers, and a side rail for easy scope mounting, though it is difficult to fire accurately at scope ranges. Costs 2 ore.

Push Mt. Konstantin (7): Powder Miner, Piratejoe, 10ebbor10, Kashyyk, NUKE9.13, Stabby, Madman198237
Push Tereshkova Island (7): Powder Miner, Piratejoe, 10ebbor10, Kashyyk, NUKE9.13, Stabby, Madman198237

Reintroduce Recoilless Rifle (6) : 10ebbor10, Sheb, Kashyyk, Stabby, Madman198237, NAV

Edit:
Things the new UF-AC-41 Velociraptor autocannon goes on
-AS-MV21-AL
-UF-39-APC "Salamander" Pattern B

-AS-DB-HF-23
-AS-1931-HAFB
-AS-HF-32b "Stinger"
-UFAF-F39-W 'Haast'
-UFAF-F-40 "Thunderbird"
-UFAF-HAT-41 "Ice Giant" B

-AS-CV22
-UFS-DD-38 Pattern E 'Archer'
-UFS-CV 'Wasp Nest' 38, Pattern A
-UFS-CV-40 'Zheleznogorod' B
-UFS-CV-40b 'Sea Lift'
-UFN-CA-41 Catraphract
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 11:12:22 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: June 27, 2017, 11:24:43 am »

Reintroduce Recoilless Rifle (7) : 10ebbor10, Sheb, Kashyyk, Stabby, Madman198237, NAV, Piratejoe

Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: June 27, 2017, 04:48:15 pm »

Reintroduce Recoilless Rifle (7) : 10ebbor10, Sheb, Kashyyk, Stabby, Madman198237, NAV, Piratejoe
Keep AS-AC18 in service for infantry use (1) : NAV

The Raptor is much better on vehicles, but it's increased weight, recoil, and ammo consumption make it even less suitable for infantry use. So I'm making a note in the strategy to keep the AC18 in service.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: June 27, 2017, 05:26:42 pm »

Keep AS-AC18 in service for infantry use (2) : NAV, Aedel
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: June 27, 2017, 05:30:54 pm »

Keep AS-AC18 in service for infantry use (3) : NAV, Aedel, Piratejoe
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: June 27, 2017, 06:18:54 pm »

Push Mt. Konstantin (7): Powder Miner, Piratejoe, 10ebbor10, Kashyyk, NUKE9.13, Stabby, Madman198237, Wolfhunter107
Push Tereshkova Island (7): Powder Miner, Piratejoe, 10ebbor10, Kashyyk, NUKE9.13, Stabby, Madman198237, Wolfhunter107

Reintroduce Recoilless Rifle (7) : 10ebbor10, Sheb, Kashyyk, Stabby, Madman198237, NAV, Piratejoe, Wolfhunter107
Keep AS-AC18 in service for infantry use (3) : NAV, Aedel, Piratejoe, Wolfhunter107
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: June 28, 2017, 10:54:44 am »

The SPAT should have significantly better off road mobility and it's treads shouldn't fall off. That would make it actually useful, especially in difficult terrain like mountains and jungles, since it can go where none of our other artillery can.

Specifically the T1 Smasher tank's description was changed from "The treads are very similar to the SPAT and suffer similar problems." to "Has improved treads, more capable of climbing through obstacles and over trenches." The SPAT's description was never changed even though the revision applied to it too.

Push Mt. Konstantin (7): Powder Miner, Piratejoe, 10ebbor10, Kashyyk, NUKE9.13, Stabby, Madman198237, Wolfhunter107
Push Tereshkova Island (7): Powder Miner, Piratejoe, 10ebbor10, Kashyyk, NUKE9.13, Stabby, Madman198237, Wolfhunter107

Reintroduce Recoilless Rifle (7) : 10ebbor10, Sheb, Kashyyk, Stabby, Madman198237, NAV, Piratejoe, Wolfhunter107
Keep AS-AC18 in service for infantry use (4) : NAV, Aedel, Piratejoe, Wolfhunter107
Fix the SPAT's treads (1): NAV
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 11:02:21 am by NAV »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: July 02, 2017, 03:26:46 am »

Battle Report 14: Autumn 1941

Island Names:
Hopefully by the time I post this, I will have remembered to update the map. Again.

Shit it's been like a week since the last update
Yeah I've been lazy. Ah well. The new Deus Ex game is not bad, as a first impression. I also figured I'd watch a bit of anime. Here's my thoughts on Initial D: Takumi's father is very irresponsible.

Naval Armor:
Starting NEXT turn I intend to have codified naval armor into categories like with tank armor.

New Equipment:

This turn, the Forenians have designed the UF-CA-41 "Cataphract", a cruiser to rival the Khorne. It has 3x3 turrets of 150mm which are essentially based on the Overcompensator design, complete with fully electrified loading and aiming. It has significant armoring (though less than the Khorne) with a citadel scheme, and a metal armored deck unlike the Cannalan ships. It also has decent speed and a central director allowing the guns to aimed from a fire control center, thought it has no radar or special calculator. For their revision the UF-AC-41 "Velociraptor" replaces the AS-AC18 in most applications. This updated version of the AC18 is more capable of firing rounds of varying weights (and the different 20mm rounds have been balanced somewhat) so that it can fire mixed belts, and the rate of fire is improved from 600 to 750 rounds per minute. All vehicles including aircraft use the new gun, but its increased recoil, weight and ammo consumption make is less suitable for infantry-operated purposes.

Forenia has gained an oil and lost an ore, requiring me to double check the prices on pretty much everything.
For current equipment, the Overcompensator and Salamander have gone up to Expensive, and the Reckless Effect has become Cheap. For legacy equipment, the T2 Breaker has gone up to Expensive. Fortunately for Forenia many things were already just on the price border or were compensated for by the extra oil, but the increase in price for the T2 and Salamander will hurt.

Cannala has spent the entire season developing the M3T1A3 "Dragon", a flamethrower turret for the M3 Raider chassis. It is very crude: Fuel tanks take up most of the passenger space, and a lever can be thrown to connect the engine to a pump (immobilizing the vehicle). Fuel is hosed over a pilot light and off towards the enemy at medium range. Operators must be careful not to burn fuel too quickly or the system can overheat. For their revision, they've continued to work on the Twinblade's handling; it's not exactly aerobatic now but it can muster acceptable maneuverability while it has some forward speed, making use of the tail control surfaces. Some light armor has been added around critical components as well. With this, the Twinblade design has reached its somewhat underwhelming peak performance.

The Forenian Army currently has the following equipment, not including legacy equipment which can be found near the OP:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Cannalan army currently has the following equipment:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: July 02, 2017, 03:27:09 am »

The War This Turn:
Forenia is attacking to regain ground both on Tereshkova Island and Mt. Konstantin. Cannala is attempting to press their advantage in those same theaters.

The Battle at Sea
Calm seas, sometimes cloudy.

For once, the Forenian navy's ships aren't completely incompetent. While the archer is still sometimes relied on as cannon fodder, the new Cataphract actually has the arms and armor to trade blows with the ships which make up the bulk of the Cannalan navy, although the Victoria Cruisers are still kings of the seas in a class of their own. The Khorne and Cataphract both have sufficient armor to stop each other's guns from completely destructive hits, but the Khorne's deck is a weak spot, effective plunging fire can be very destructive. Corsair Cruisers take a lot of losses to Archers which are now being kept back to protect the fleet in greater numbers. The victoria ultimately is prone to determining to outcome of sea battles entirely, however, and Forenia's best means of destroying it is by air. Without a significant air advantage, this doesn't happen too often.

Cannala has a Major Naval Advantage this season.

The Battle for the Jungle:

Attacking: Both
It is the dry season.

The Forenians are hurt by the increase in price for their salamanders, both because it reduces the number of amphibious mechanized infantry and because with the T2 Breaker also becoming more expensive, their vehicles which can reliably counter the Marauders used by Cannala are all Expensive. The reduction in price of the Reckless Effect has allowed large scale use of paratroopers, and these soldiers are effective against infantry but are often ill-equipped to destroy armored targets. Forenia is still outperforming Cannala in infantry combat, and the flamethrowers are the main reason but the fact that Cannala doesn't have a good weapon for defeating Tiger Armor is a factor as well. Cannala's Victoria cruisers continue to provide shore bombardment, but this is limited as the front moves further inland. Forenia's Sarukh rockets continue to be useful; they're more lightweight and mobile than regular artillery and good for short range applications. Some commanders have attempted high arcing shots towards enemy positions because trees often block long, low rocket volleys. However, the longer travel time from firing rockets in this way exacerbates their existing innacuracy, so it's not very effective.

Cannala's new Dragon fills a valuable role as a flamethrower vehicle, and its range is relatively impressive compared to infantry flamethrowers Forenia is using. However, it must be used delicately to prevent fires, and its true weakness is revealed on the field: Bullets. Damage to the exposed turret from small arms fire or even indirect RPG hits will turn the dragon in a barbecue on a moments notice. The Twinblade is still very vulnerable in combat but it's used to drop off soldiers, it can deploy them in difficult to reach places, although it has very little passenger capacity.

Cannala is continuing to push forward, but they're still relying on shore bombardment which will be much less available as they continue.

Cannala gains ground. [ Cannala 2/4, Forenia 2/4]

The battle for Mt. Konstantin:

Attacking: Both

Forenia isn't as hurt by the short supply of Salamanders here, and Cannala both hurts for losing a step of naval advantage, and doesn't benefit from their main design, the Dragon. The Twinblade continues to see use here, and conceptually it is well suited for supporting soldiers in mountain combat but in practice, it has some flaws.

A Twinblade weaves around a mountain plateau...
"Hold STILL, dammit! I can't aim like this!"
"I can't, I have to keep moving to turn fast!"
"Well they're behind us now, Ernesto!"
"I know, hang on, I'm bringing us around."
"Pitch back up I can't even aim that far ahead of us!"
"Okay okay here, I'm stopping."
"No no now I can't aim that far left!"
"TURN YOU PIECE OF SHIT A LITTLE MORE"
"KEEP GOING"
"Crap they've got a bead on us I need to get moving again."
"No to the right now, just a little bit I can get him!"
"I can't stop now that we're going again, just a moment and I can bring us around..."

Ultimately, without the armored advantage Cannala relies on in the Jungle, Forenia is able to regain Mt. Konstantin using the same tactics and weapons which have allowed them to win in the past.

Forenia gains ground. [Cannala 0/2, Forenia 2/2]

Events outside the War:

The Outside World:

The Soviet-Japanese neutrality pact is signed, allowing Russia to focus on the war in Europe, and Japan to focus on its war with China. Axis forces capture Benghazi, and Germany invades Yugoslavia and Greece. The United States begins its Defense Bonds and Saving Stamps program, Cannala copies the idea promptly. The British House of Commons is damaged in an air raid. The Bismarck is sunk. Britain successfully re-occupies Iraq, placing 'Abd al-Ilah in power as regent. In June, Germany ends its peace with Russia and begins Operation Barbarossa, invading Russia with the largest invasion force in history. Winston Churchill declares that Britain will aid Russia in the fight against Germany.

The Gloster E.28, Britain's first jet aircraft, is flown. Thanks to information from the Cannalan exchange program, initial quirks with the jet engine are solved quickly and plans are laid for combat-ready jet aircraft. The Zuse Z3 is built in Berlin, the first fully programmable computer. It uses a 22-bit word length and runs at about 5hz, using relays.

Alliances:
Ribbentrop visits Forenia. "Hitler understands that Forenia is capable of providing scientific contributions of great value to the Reich. However, your performance in the war against Cannala has been unimpressive. We are prepared to supply 1 Ore or 1 Oil so that the war can end as promptly as possible and you can redirect your resources to Europe, where they are sorely needed."

Cannala receives a similar offer: The United States will provide 1 Ore or 1 Oil to Cannala so they can push through the Forenia's mainland and end the war as quickly as possible.

Local Events:
Attention Forenians, the Secret Police have acted on tips from observant civilians, and uncovered a massive plot against Forenia. Andres, a former Arstotzkan engineer, has been outed as the ringleader of a group of Arstotzkan rebels. A search of his apartment found communications which proved he was aiding other Arstotzkans in deserting the Forenian military to join the rebellion, and diverting equipment to the rebellion as well. The rebel group appears to have been formed after the Embassy Crisis, when Andres fled the country with other like-minded Arstotzkans. Since then he was re-admitted to Forenia, but he had built up a secret fleet of stolen ships, including Cannalan ones, to support a future Arstotzkan coup. We do not know for certain how he kept his men fed and supplied. After learning this we have attempted to arrest Andres, but he has fled the country again. However, this allowed us to track down his fleet, which was harbored in the small country of Vlanlados. We managed to destroy some of their ships, a recapture a Zheleznogorod carrier which had been previously thought lost to Cannalan forces, before the remainder of them made their escape. Andres' fleet is weakened, but he and his rebellion are still at large. We captured and interrogated some rebels, and learned they have had secret dealings with Cannala- we have gained one Espionage Credit. We will decide what to do about the fact that Vlanlados has apparently been aiding Arstotzkan rebels later. For now, be on the lookout: We believe Andres still has other agents within Forenia, possibly even at high levels of government. Report any suspicious persons to the Secret Police.

Cannala has decided to attempt the foreign Red Rot cure. Spreading it over the crops has neutralized a significant portion of the red rot; in fact if it continues as well as it is going then crop losses to red rot may be negligible by the year's end. Cannala gains an Expense Credit. For once, the citizens breathe easy as the good news is announced. It's so good, most of them have even taken a break from lynching Jurakis. In other news, an engineer who calls himself Solar Admiral Scrublord (his absolute insistence on the use of the alias during official design board meetings has been called "an extremely odious habit" by some of his co-workers) has been arrested by the Cannalan Police today, on suspicion of corroboration with Vlanlados, to uncertain ends. He had a suspicious briefcase full of American money in his home, which is believed to be a bribe from Vlanlados.

Some of you are due further details in private this turn, they will be issued tomorrow.

Turn 15, Commence!

You may now begin voting for your design phase!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Winter 1941 (Design Phase)
« Reply #4512 on: July 02, 2017, 03:31:06 am »

That was very dissapointing. Our autocannon appears to have done nothing at all.

Oh, and GM, you still have the Khorne as expensive when it's very expensive. Our Cataphract should be outnumbering them.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 03:36:15 am by 10ebbor10 »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: July 02, 2017, 03:55:45 am »

espionage credit, ore gain that makes five billion important designs cheaper...
IT'S CHRISTMAS
IT'S
CHRISTMAS

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: July 02, 2017, 04:08:14 am »

Should we use the espionage credit to incite a juraki rebellion? Or perhaps to assassinate their president, creating a secession crisis?

Oh! We could use it to sabotage their relations with the Americans!!!

then we can swoop in and steal their allies!!!!
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 500