Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 566116 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Winter 1941 (Strategy Phase)
« Reply #4830 on: July 06, 2017, 01:57:46 am »

Mate, that's like giving up meth for heroin. It's only getting worse!

Also, GPGAGG?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: July 06, 2017, 02:01:33 am »

Glorious Party of Golrious Arstotzkan Glrorious Glory

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: July 06, 2017, 02:38:43 am »

As a member of the moderate party I propose we sneak my experimental ICBM into enemy territory and use it to launch the plans back to our mainland once they are captured.  The plans and a parachute are surly no heavier then the 50 kg payload.

I know there are several flaws with this plan, but it is a good compromise!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: July 06, 2017, 02:39:34 am »

That's not a good compromise at all! Rockets won't win this war, but forenian might will!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: July 06, 2017, 02:41:44 am »

Rockets won't win this war
>:/
You're just salty because a rocket was used to kill the two-hour dictator.
Long Live United Forenia!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: July 06, 2017, 02:43:21 am »

That's not a good compromise at all! Rockets won't win this war, but forenian might will!

I mean, if there is one thing rockets are good for it is moving small payloads very fast and sometimes accurately.

My ICBM was part of a four stage plan, step two is making an orbital satellite, step three is making some sort of lunar lander, step four is to mine rocks from the moon and crash them into the enemy mainland.

A nice moderate plan.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: July 06, 2017, 02:43:36 am »

Nah, That was a fair cop all things being said. Rather I'm just salty about the political obsession regarding the damn PAROI party :V

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: July 06, 2017, 02:51:48 am »

Nah, That was a fair cop all things being said. Rather I'm just salty about the political obsession regarding the damn PAROI party :V

Well, do Nazi makes nice Wooooooosh sounds when you set them on fire? No, I don't think so.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4838 on: July 06, 2017, 03:32:55 am »

That depends, is the Nazi in an Me163? P.A.R.O.I. may not be fascists, but they may end up in bed with the Nazis for other reasons...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: July 06, 2017, 03:45:04 am »

Well, do Nazi makes nice Wooooooosh sounds when you set them on fire? No, I don't think so.
True. Then again, cannalans do make such a noise when said on fire. OR that might just be the bull that's setting them on fire.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: July 07, 2017, 11:14:30 pm »

Just a little something to think about in the future

UFN-BBV-41 "Piratskioubiytsa"
The UFN-BBV-41 Piratskioubiytsa is designed by captain tonushchiy, a ex archer captain who is know for serving and surviving ever since the archer was made, though, he has captained at least ten different archers. The ship is made from our experience with Aircraftcarriers and using the new knowledge gained from the Victoria Vodka and mixing the two together. The ship is designed with 3 turrets in the front with 3 guns per turret all controlled by a fire director, it also has an assortment of 150mm guns in smaller turrets on the sides as secondary armament as well as a decent armament of AA guns. The most interesting part of the ship however, is the back is a runway, two in fact, an angled runway and a normal one, there is two hangers, a smaller one up top that, somewhat similarly to a Z class, is open to the main runway and built into the super structure that is meant to carry about two dozen aircraft, and a one below that which is much larger and meant to carry at least 3 dozen with some aircraft hanging. The runway has launch assistance, and aircraft are meant to be able to be quickly launched from the top runway in case of a scramble and a hydraulic lift in the top hanger and to the side of the runway to bring aircraft from the bottom hanger to the top. The runway has a catapult for obvious reasons. In terms of armor, the ship has heavy deck armor and just as heavy belt armor. It also has a heavily armored citadel designed to stop even 12 inch shells along with a torpedo belt designed similarly to the Vodka, despite this however, in order to make the ship move, the engines have been given an good chunk of the bottom of the ship as room. Naturally, all of this has resulted in the ship being quite large.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Olith McHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: July 11, 2017, 09:19:52 pm »

Family Friendly Death Ray
A box containing our prototype cavity magnetron, that will soon burn flimsy Cannalan planes out of the very air. Fun for the whole family! Boil a scale model of the ocean! Burn the included aluminum foil models of the Victoria (dimensional accuracy is guaranteed)! Blow up miniature marshmallow Cannalan soldiers! Giggle like a mad scientist! More fun than rioting! Or be really boring and cook dinner.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4842 on: July 12, 2017, 12:02:20 am »

The above is a great idea, let us make the words first microwave. We will be rich exporting it to other nations Rich I tell you!

The Forenian Capitalist Party supports this message.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Winter 1941 (Design Phase)
« Reply #4843 on: July 12, 2017, 03:05:05 pm »

I have been sitting on this for a while and need to dump it somewhere... Feel free to steal it!
Code: [Select]
[b][u]Anak-C.A.8-1941-RedIsFaster II "River Of Tears" Electric Artillery mounted upon a newly-dubbed "Ash Salamander", and archers...[/u]
A two-layer

Powered by standard columns of turbojets this [s]40[/s] 24-barreled electric-powered gattling-gun fires 8x120mm solid rifled bullets along electric rails with the firing chamber replaced with electric circuits and a magnetic loading mechanism that pushes bullets onto the rails from a reusable belt. This is intended as an effective weapon against infantry behind cover, light armour, and low-flying aircraft. The barrel arrangements are designed to be easily replaceable.
It is to be mounted upon a modified Salamander with spare barrels in top-opening compartments behind the turret. Power is provided by converting the passenger space into horizontal jet turbine stacks and electrical condenser banks. The firing mechanism, turret, and electrical systems will be water-cooled by side-mounted inset fan-cooled radiators along the rear sides of the vehicle. This does leave it somewhat vulnerable, but it is predicted that the weapon should have a greater effective range than other direct-fire weapons, and thus should be effective as fire-support from a relatively safe distance.[/b]
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: July 12, 2017, 06:50:24 pm »

Sounds effective, though we'll want to wait til we get a Research credit or Germany asks to make them a wunderwaffle.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 500